PDA

View Full Version : Why does Ska suck?

kinot
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:48 PM
:confused Why?

loghat
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:52 PM
To quote nofx... "We dont play ska anymore, we dont play ska anymore, we dont play ska anymore because it sucks.." So, why does ska suck? It just does. and it hella does. i blame the use of the trumpet. so thats the answer. ska sucks because of trumpets.

!!!!
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:59 PM
Do vegans eat eggs?

sadie
Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:28 PM
WRONG FORUM. >:

kinot
Feb 3rd, 2003, 08:39 PM
Does a vegan eat an egg?

Lord Darian
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:14 PM
I think a vegan can lay a egg.

Protoclown
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:48 AM
YEAH, WITH THEIR POOPY BUTT PARTS :dunce

Zero Signal
Feb 4th, 2003, 08:41 PM
95% of all ska sounds the same. That is why it sucks. It's the same three chord progressions passed around like a cheap whore in a homeless shelter.

Jixby Phillips
Feb 5th, 2003, 02:36 AM
NOW TELL ME WHY YOU SUCK :lol

Protoclown
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:11 PM
That's easy, he's a cheap whore in a homeless shelter.

Zero Signal
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:04 PM
That's easy, he's a cheap whore in a homeless shelter.
You never complained when you were getting it in the trapdoor.

Helm
Feb 9th, 2003, 11:01 PM
ZS, your comebacks are getting weaker by the day. If you're gonna make the effort to press the button and play along, why don't you also make an effort at presenting something at least a bit funny?

McClain
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Kinot you nimrod, post in the proper forum. NO SOUP FOR YOU!

kinot
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:37 PM
:x

-RiftMaster
Feb 27th, 2003, 01:24 PM
The reason ska "sucks" is because so many lame and poppy bands have bastardized it. I'm talking about bands like Goldfinger for instance, and a bunch of the gay emo bands on Drive Thru Records who like to dabble in "fag-ska".

Ska can be cool. Bands like Less Than Jake and Mad Caddies prove this. See the thing is, straight ska often sucks, but ska-punk like Mad Caddies kicks ass.

as far as the NOFX song goes "We Don't Play Ska Anymore" NOFX kid alot. Fat Mike just got tired of making ska songs and shit. Hell there's a ton of ska-punk bands on his label.

Bennett
Feb 27th, 2003, 01:43 PM
The only good ska song ever was the "our house, in the middle of the street..." song by Madness. And the only reason that was good was because I was like six when it came out.
So unless you are six years old or have the mentality of a six year old, ska sucks.

kirkis
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:18 PM
ok, here are my reasons for why ska sucks.

1. Its fucking gay, just listen to it..
2. The way you dance to it (skank) is gay.
3. All the kids who listen to go to ska shows think their all hardcore and shit. I bet half of them have to be home before 10pm...
4. I could play ska music while on multiple drugs.
5. Too happy for its own good. If anyone acted the way they do while at a ska concert in public, i would kill them.

those are my reasons.

Blackjack
Mar 15th, 2003, 07:34 AM
I was mega ska-punker when I was a teenager back in the 90's. I've still got my ska-punk record collection, some 120 CDs almost all of which you won't have heard of. I've seen well over a hundred bands ska-punk bands, (hell, even met them too!) in venues all over England.

Mad Caddies do rule. Duck 'n Cover is a daddy of an album. Less Than Jake are extremely big and trendy now, but I liked 'em way way back in 1998. Hell, I even saw them in a venue with 150 people, and they were the SUPPORT band!

Then I discovered 80's metal.

I have the worst taste in music ever. :(

Flakktrooper
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Ska sucks. Ska revival isnt cool you stupid fucks. The bands are only in it for the bucks. And if you dont believe me your a shmuck.

Propaghandi

noob3
Mar 27th, 2003, 12:43 PM
I'd rather listen to the shittiest ska all day than listen to one Propaghandi song. And I HATE Ska, Propaghandi just sucks.

BoneThroughFlesh
Apr 19th, 2003, 01:14 AM
Alright, I'd first like to state that Propagandhi kicks ass but they have even said themselves that the ska sucks song was a joke. Some ska does sound the the same, but guess what, so does half of the punkcore, poppunk, emo, indie, radiorock, metalcore, deathmetal, melodic hardcore, blues, or country you listen to. The reason there are these types of music is because enough bands have the same general sound that the name is created. Yes, you can find individuality in allof these styles, which also includes ska. If you are going to talk about why you dont like ska then atleast say something that more than "it all sounds the same". At least that way you wont look half as stupid as you really are. Open your mind or shut your mouth...

Esuohlim
Apr 19th, 2003, 01:45 AM
You're boring. :(

BoneThroughFlesh
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:01 AM
Youre a moron, we all have problems

Grandpa Jones
Apr 19th, 2003, 09:49 PM
I don't listen to any of this new age stuff.

FlakTrooper
Apr 20th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Esuohlim I think you just dont like reading long stuff...even though that BoneThroughFlesh is kinda borring.

Cap'n Crunch
May 17th, 2003, 12:42 AM
HOW CAN YOU TELL IF SOMEONE IS BORING WITH 6 POSTS?

Grazzt
May 20th, 2003, 10:26 AM
The only band that I like that does anything resembling ska is Treephort.

timrpgland
May 22nd, 2003, 04:14 PM
Operation Ivy >:

Wang
May 28th, 2003, 10:29 PM
i like punk bands like linkin park(who are considered hard rock) limp bizcuit, the offspring and so forth. if u dont like them u r ass ramming donkey raping druggies!

or mental retards

FlakTrooper
May 29th, 2003, 12:03 PM
i like punk bands like linkin park(who are considered hard rock) limp bizcuit, the offspring and so forth. if u dont like them u r ass ramming donkey raping druggies!

or mental retards
Thats one of the stupidest things Ive ever read on this board. Your a mental retard for thinking any of those bands are punk(except offspring).

Rongi
May 29th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Offspring sucks.

Esuohlim
May 29th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Esuohlim I think you just dont like reading long stuff...even though that BoneThroughFlesh is kinda borring.

Oh, you misunderstand. I don't mind reading long stuff, but if I start reading about some nobody's music prefrences and opinions, I tend to get bored.

Plus, that "You're boring" statement tends to piss people off. :/

ska-t
Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:40 PM
The only good ska song ever was the "our house, in the middle of the street..." song by Madness. And the only reason that was good was because I was like six when it came out.
So unless you are six years old or have the mentality of a six year old, ska sucks.

"Our House " is not a ska song.
sounds like a lot of you have seen too many shitty ska bands that don't know what ska is. or are just plain bad.

school yourself a bit. then when you know what you're talking about you may continue your slagging.

timrpgland
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:31 PM
:bestthread

The One and Only...
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:03 PM
I'm neutral towards Ska. Not my type, but I don't hate it.

What I hate is Ska posers who act all dark and grim while at a Ska concert. That, and when Ska makes me feel like humping a man's ass (you know the gayness infects you too).

UnDeath
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:27 PM
We can all agree on one thing, both ska and what-have-you alike. Emo kids should be turned into dog food.

ScruU2wice
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:04 PM
ska is only good wen u have sumthing to mallo out all teh happiness. i hate sk8bordin punk wannabees that copy everything they see on MTV and Nickelodian.

The One and Only...
Jul 5th, 2003, 09:58 PM
ska is only good wen u have sumthing to mallo out all teh happiness. i hate sk8bordin punk wannabees that copy everything they see on MTV and Nickelodian.

Were you actually able to spell, I might have been able to understand you.

ScruU2wice
Jul 5th, 2003, 11:32 PM
no u wouldnt have

agroskaterik
Jul 7th, 2003, 08:55 PM
i heart ska

Schimid
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Your post wasn't funny, but I'll be damned if that avatar isn't. :)

agroskaterik
Jul 7th, 2003, 11:28 PM
i truly like ska, everyone hate trumpets and all those other horns but i think it sounds awesome. mad caddies, suicide machines, less than jake, catch 22 etc. i think they all sound great and they do. if we truly need a scapegoat in music, why cant it be rap? i heart ska.

this is my third post and already everyone will hate me :newbie

executioneer
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:58 AM
LOL A SKAPEGOAT :lol

-willie

The Retro Kat
Jul 8th, 2003, 08:53 PM
LOL Blowjob.

Grande
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:05 AM
jesus cristo people its not the trumpet its using the same chord over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

agroskaterik
Jul 19th, 2003, 01:07 PM
well i guess maybe half of ska does that..

Everything Sucks
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:54 AM
I like ska, It's the best type of music ever! :)
Oh no, this is my first post, and I said I liked ska :chatter

Esuohlim
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:35 AM
With your user name, you shouldn't have permission to like anything.

Everything Sucks
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:41 PM
What I ment was is that I like it above every other music genre, it still sucks donkey balls though.

EDIT: I liked that quote Esuohlim, mind if I use it in my signature?

EDIT AGAIN: Most newbs don't utilise this thing, but I do, probably a bit too much

Esuohlim
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:46 PM
Spell my name right. :(

Everything Sucks
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:16 AM
I guess I never did take notice in my English class :(

executioneer
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:34 AM
UHH, HOW IS THIS THREAD ABOUT FOOD YOU GUYS :rolleyes

-willie

Everything Sucks
Aug 14th, 2003, 04:54 AM