PDA

View Full Version : New Animatrix episode online

Psycho Squid
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:14 PM
The second Animatrix short is now online at http://www.theanimatrix.com and all I have to say is this one is fucking excellent. By the way, does anyone know when the Animatrix dvd is coming out?

James
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Probably around or after the DVD release of the third movie on DVD.

Mockery
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Is it me, or does this 2nd animatrix clip have no sound? I downloaded two different ones and couldn't get any sound out of either of 'em. I played other movies in my player and the sound worked fine.

James
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:36 AM
There's sound. Try downloading it again.

Mockery
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:22 AM
no sound >:

Paul138
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Probably around or after the DVD release of the third movie on DVD.

THIRD?! Goddamnit! I know high-quality anime (I think it's all anime. Some might be CG, I don't know) is a bitch to make, but damnit that's a long ass wait!

James
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Well, let me explain that some more, because your comments show that you don't even know what you're talking about. >:

The 4 anime episodes will be released online. 2 have been shown, with two more to go. On top of that, The Final Flight of the Osiris is being shown with Dreamcatcher in theatres. That leaves 4 more Animatrix shorts to show us before, around, or after the third movie's release. So they couldn't release it any sooner, because we have a ways to go.

On top of that, it would only make sense to release them all on DVD after the trilogy is complete. Hell, they'll probably end up packaging them with a special edition of the third movie.

Psycho Squid
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:02 AM
For those of you who want to know, I just found out that the Animatrix dvd is coming out on June 3 . The dvd info was on the website the whole time. Must have missed it before.

Paul138
Mar 6th, 2003, 04:28 PM
For those of you who want to know, I just found out that the Animatrix dvd is coming out on June 3 . The dvd info was on the website the whole time. Must have missed it before.

Praise Sheeba! :)

James
Mar 6th, 2003, 05:37 PM
That DVD will probably just be the 4 Animatrix shorts, then. It won't have the other parts.

Psycho Squid
Mar 6th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Your wrong Jamesman, the DVD is gonna have all 9 episodes plus a couple of extras.

Protoclown
Mar 6th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Psycho Squid is correct, the release date information has been up there as long as the first movie short has been out.

It even says clear as day in the little TV box "DVD OF ALL NINE EPISODES COMING OUT JUNE 3RD".

Spectre X
Mar 19th, 2003, 02:49 PM
I honestly think that the Matrix is one of the best movies up to date. and mot of the effects are unmatched even today. maybe the One did a good job imitating them, but the movie wasn't that good for the effects to take their effect (pun intended).