PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga Episode1

Rongi
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Anyone play this yet? I'm thinking of getting it.

LegoLars
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:14 AM
did you play xenogears? IF YOU DID YOU'LL WNAT TO PLAY THIS ONE.

it's fucking great, trust me.

Rongi
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Didn't play xenogears yet :/

Helm
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Xenogears was pretty much same old. They didn't do anything with the Mecha premise. At least not something Square's not done A MILLION TIMES BEFORE, ONLY WITH SQUIDS, POTATOES, CHOCOBOS OR MINUTE PEOPLE THAT LAUGH OUT LOUD AND TOSS COINS.

timrpgland
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Haven't played Xenosaga yet but I loved Xenogears.

LegoLars
Mar 7th, 2003, 10:51 AM
:( :( :( :(
:(

Rongi
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:38 AM
E?

Skulhedface
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Isn't Xenosaga supposed to be a sequel of sorts to Xenogears (like Chrono Cross was to Chrono Trigger) or a standalone game with the Xeno name? Because I keep hearing that it IS intended to be a sequel to Xenogears but also that it's being made by a whole different company (Namco)

I'd still play it regardless, I just want that cleared up.

n00bward
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:38 PM
From what I've heard from alot of people it looks as if it's supposed to actually be a prequel of sorts though I've never played any of the "xeno" series games so I don't know all the specifics on the storyline.

LegoLars
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:34 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

:( :( :(
:( :(

Anonymous
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:46 PM
It's a sequel to Xenogear, but a prequel to Xenophobe.

Skulhedface
Mar 7th, 2003, 06:50 PM
So there'll be aliens AND gears in it? :D

GnrySgtHartman
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Ok, I have played this game, but thought of it as a huge dissapointment. I guess it was because I was used to xenogears battle system where you fought with martial arts. In this game, it seems like a interactive movie, and don't get me wrong, the graphics were fucking awesome. But seriously you should rent it before buying.

P.S- The gears in it are in no way superior to xenogears, as the plot of xenogears revolved around the idea.

timrpgland
Mar 18th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Xenosaga is episode I.

I just picked it up but haven't had the chance to play it yet. From what people have been telling me, it is very good but not quite as good as Xenogears (almost goes without saying). Still alot of dialogue scenes and packed full of storyline.

The Unseen
Mar 18th, 2003, 02:55 PM
This game is really good, some of the boss battles take up to an hour.... which is shit if you lose :/