PDA

View Full Version : HELP K

liquidstatik
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:18 PM
My computer makes this really high-pitched beep noise when it's on. Like.. the WHOLE TIME my computer is one its going *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* and its not a lot of short beeps. It's one long beep.. all the way until i turn it off. :(

SOMEBODY SAID IT WAS THE FAN OVER MY PROCESSOR BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX THAT

MetalMilitia
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Is it actually a beep? like the one you get when the computer is turned on or is it just a generic high pitched sound?

could be a fan, HDD or PSU.

liquidstatik
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:32 PM
It's actually just a really high-pitched noise. I said sound so people would get what I meant. :(

MetalMilitia
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Have you taken the side of the PC to determine where exactly the sound is comming from?

liquidstatik
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Yes, and it's coming from where the processor is. But I dont know if its the processor or the fan thats over it. And like.. I cant get to either of them, becuase there's a little box over it. :(

MetalMilitia
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:45 PM
:S... umm well its gonna be the fan if anything. Processors dont make noise. you got a digital camera to take a pic of the fan assembly?

MetalMilitia
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:02 PM
:S... umm well its gonna be the fan if anything. Processors dont make noise. you got a digital camera to take a pic of the fan assembly?

DamnthatDavid
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:47 PM
You should have another fan besides the processor fan. 2-3 or so.

That sound, is the sound of the fan slightly loose. My computer had that problem, so I took off it's case, and poked the fans while they where still on. Then I slipped and busted a fan blade off, which sent the entire thing into a crazy wobbly vibration. Long story short, I had my computer's side opened for half a year with a desk fan blowing into the case.

Just tighten the screws a bit, and that normally fixes up the problem.

Raize
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Just stick a twistie tie in the fan so it shuts up. That works for me. But then again, I buy a new processor once a week. I order a new one every Wednesday. Which reminds me...

executioneer
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:57 PM
thats hardcore!

liquidstatik
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the help, guys! ;o

I'll try and fix it when I get home, today. If it doesn't work im going to be real sad and it'll be all your guyses faults. :(

Ninjavenom
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Maybe it's your mouse port, too. Mine used to hate my mouse, so it would squeal at me until i turned it off.