Mar 10th, 2003, 03:14 PM
MIGHTY DUCKS :(

Bennett
Mar 10th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Jamesman, if you think the female gargoyles are sexy,
how come you didn't like sketch/xandor's "demonette?"

Jeanette X
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Oh I LOVE Gargoyles! I have found so much great fan art out there...even a tasteful nude of Demona that I have saved on my computer. I also found one that looked like me as a gargoyle that I have saved on my comp somewhere. There is a lot of it on Elfwood. Here is one gallery http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/fanq/w/a/walker2/walker2.html

For those of you who have not heard of Gargoyles, it is a cartoon about stone gargoyles who come to life during the night, but that description barely even scratches the surface. The program was intended for a child-teen audience, but it was so well written and had such deeper meanings that it has attracted a very large adult audience. This is a good place to start: http://www.gargoyles-fans.org/

I agree Jamesman, they should release Gargoyles on DVD. Maybe some Gargoyles fan has set up a petition to Disney for it.

JeefGyle
Mar 10th, 2003, 07:55 PM
I have a Goliath action figure, but it's probably worthless. You could probably find em in the bottom of a bargain bin at KB toys

Zomboid
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:09 PM
I used to always watch that on disney afternoon :(. Don't expect it to be released on dvds anytime soon though.

James
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:19 PM
I DEMAND it be put on DVD. >:

Best cartoon EVER. >:

And I also want to help make a new Gargoyles game that will be REALLY REALLY GOOD. >:

Matt Harty
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:39 PM
I used to watch that cartoon every morning while eating my Captain Crunch and getting ready for school. :)

Daphne
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:34 AM
it still plays in Canada!

I love that show.

James
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:48 AM
Yeah, it still shows here too. Which is why I brought it up.

I imagine that once rotation starts over, and I figure out ToonDisney's rotation, I'll right an in-depth guide on the episodes, history, characters, and items of importance. Because there is no better cartoon than Gargoyles.

Many come close, but Gargoyles beats them by a nose.

Jeanette X
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Yeah, it still shows here too. Which is why I brought it up.

I imagine that once rotation starts over, and I figure out ToonDisney's rotation, I'll right an in-depth guide on the episodes, history, characters, and items of importance. Because there is no better cartoon than Gargoyles.

Many come close, but Gargoyles beats them by a nose.

Actually, there already is an in-depth guide in the episodes, history, charachters, etc. Its on the link I provided, http://www.gargoyles-fans.org/ .

Zomboid
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Fuck that, plenty of shows kick gargoyles ass.

TMNT, batman: the animated series, x-men (not evo), spiderman the animated series, and more >:

James
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah, but that site is gay.

Ninjavenom
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Zomboid, that is the best list you have ever created. :love

James
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:51 PM
Except none of them are better than Gargoyles.

Zomboid
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Zomboid, that is the best list you have ever created. :love

And the best part is, some of those are on dvd :)

Jamesman: You're fucking insane. All of those shows are better, but gargoyles did kick ass. I loved the episodes with goliath's brother :love

James
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Brother?

And I'm sorry, but while some of those shows you mentioned were good, I'd rather watch Gargoyles than any of them.

Zomboid
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Brother?

And I'm sorry, but while some of those shows you mentioned were good, I'd rather watch Gargoyles than any of them.

Some of them were good? Batman kicked total ass, it was like watching an animated version of a burton batman movie. It was nice and dark and showed batman to a new generation. A generation that would see batman as the dark avenger type and not the pansy, camp tv series type.

X-men was a show aimed at older kids. It was a lot like batman because it brought some very well known characters to a new generation in a very cool way. Same goes for spiderman. I loved those shows but can only see xmen now :(

About goliath's brother: My memory's a little hazy, but I remember goliath having a brother at one point and I know there was a sorta cyborg gargoyle...But that's all from a long time ago, so I could be remembering something else.

Daphne
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:51 PM
yeah Goliath had a brother and his name was Coldstone.

I think Zomboid named all my favorite cartoons, but I don't know if I liked them more than Gargoyles.

Ninjavenom
Mar 12th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Nothing is ever going to top Spider-Man's animated series for me. Not GI Joe, not TMNT, not even Transformers. The show was just that damn good.

Zomboid
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Nothing is ever going to top Spider-Man's animated series for me. Not GI Joe, not TMNT, not even Transformers. The show was just that damn good.
I'm like that with Batman. I fucking love that show. Second would be xmen and third would be spiderman. All 3 were really, really good adaptions.

James
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Coldstone wasn't Goliath's blood brother. It was his "brother," like black people say it. And it was made up of three different souls. Then two of them were extracted into other bodies, creating Coldsteel and Coldfire.

Daphne
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:31 AM
shit, I could have sworn he was.

I'm with you one Batman: The animated series, but the old fox X-Men was pretty crappy (I loved it at the time!) what with the bad animation and the fact that they showed the fucking Phoenix Saga EVERY WEEK!

I did love when they had the X-Men/Spider-Man crossover on fox. That was great.

Zomboid
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Heh, keep in mind the xmen cartoon started in like '92. The animation's not very good but it's not so bad that I can't stand it. The phoenix saga is shown too often on teletoon too but if I'm up at 4:30am (don't ask) I watch. I loved it when I was a kid and when I think about how fucking horrible xmen evolution is I like it even more.

James
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:41 AM
I could be wrong. It HAS been a while. But I don't remember Coldstone being Goliath's biological brother.

As for X-men. I liked the show, but I didn't like how they seemingly jumped around from storyline to storyline, not even following the timeline of the comics.

timrpgland
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:44 AM
I have a full tape of episodes I recorded when they were on every week. I'd like to see a DVD set too. It's a cool show.

Zomboid
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:34 PM
As for X-men. I liked the show, but I didn't like how they seemingly jumped around from storyline to storyline, not even following the timeline of the comics.

Are you kidding? It would suck if they didn't do that. They didn't have stuff like jean grey being possesed by phoenix and in space one episode and then being back on earth as if nothing happened the next or anything...If a character was "leaving the xmen" for a while or something, they wouldn't be there in the following episodes. That show had a lot of "to be continued" episodes. They told a lot of stories from the comics >:

James
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:15 PM
I don't know. The whole thing just seemed a little cheesy. The show was good, but there was room for improvement.

Though, I always loved Wolverine's one-liners.

"You always did like pushing around people smaller than you. Well, I'm smaller... *snikt* Try pushing me!"

Daphne
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Heh, keep in mind the xmen cartoon started in like '92. The animation's not very good but it's not so bad that I can't stand it. The phoenix saga is shown too often on teletoon too but if I'm up at 4:30am (don't ask) I watch. I loved it when I was a kid and when I think about how fucking horrible xmen evolution is I like it even more.

I *like* X-Men evolution! I know it's taking liberties (to say the least!) with storylines, but it's pretty well done!

And if I'm up at 4:30 I watch it too ;) I loved it when it came out, but it just looks so shitty now,even when you compare it to Spider-Man which came on Fox roughly the same time.

Zomboid
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:54 PM
I can't stand xmen evolution anymore. I used to watch it regularly but now it's gotten too lame. I can take a few really lame things, but they've gone way too far.

Daphne
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:01 PM
but spike's gone! That went a long wy for me!

Do you watch Justice League? Now that's a good show.

James
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:35 PM
I watch it when nothing else is on. I really don't like DC superheroes.

Ninjavenom
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:47 PM
I got so sick of that show so fast. it's not bad or anything, i just get a nasty taste in my mouth when i watch it. :/

Zomboid
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:53 PM
1- Even without spike the show reeks of lame adults trying to appeal to young people. It's been ruined for me :(. I used to watch justice league if I was up when it came on on ytv, but they keep showing the same episodes.

2-DC heroes would kill marvel's any day of the week >:

3- Ninja: Which? Justice League?

James
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:14 PM
2-DC heroes would kill marvel's any day of the week >:

:rolleyes

DC characters were never really seeded in reality like Marvel characters are. Besides, did you not notice how many incarnations a lot of the characters have gone through? Wonder Woman and her truth lasso were only so effective. But when comics took a more action-oriented and storyline-based turn, DC had to pretty much re-invent every character they had just so they would have a fighting chance in the new business. That alone makes me really don't like the DC characters, because they lack the things that Marvel characters tend to have.

noob3
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Marvel lacks Batman.

End of story.

James
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Batman's overrated.

As in the comics, not the shows or the movies.

Ninjavenom
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Yeah, i meant Justice League, Zomboid.

Zomboid
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:03 AM
I'm with noob on this. As far as I'm concerned, Batman's the best "superhero" there is. He's more realistic than most heroes AND he could still kick their asses.

James
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Regardless, one quality superhero doesn't mean DC beats Marvel. I just think the Marvel characters are better seeded in reality, and don't have to be alterred the way that DC characters have been to fit the changing market.

Zomboid
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:27 AM
Well, I still love marvel, but it's just that Batman's so much better than most marvel characters. Marvel's biggest names are spiderman, the hulk, and the xmen. Spiderman's very overrated, the hulk used to be one of my favorites but the upcoming movie will probably change that...and the xmen still kick ass. I'm with you on the changing dc's done though.

Skulhedface
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Speaking of Spider-Man (who overrated as he might be, I'll still watch it and read it) wasn't there supposed to be a series on MTV about it? When the VHS/DVD of the movie came out, you heard all kind of shit about it, and I haven't heard a THING since (An article in TV Guide notwithstanding)

Anyone else know about this?

It'll FINALLY give me a reason to watch MTV again since Beavis and Butt-Head's last hurrah.

James
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:07 AM
The Amazing Spider-Man is still slowly coming along. But they'll probably do away with the idea and move onto something else.

You know how MTV is: Jump on the pop culture bandwagon for the 2-3 weeks that certain fad is on top. Spider-Man's died down some, especially now that the buzz for X2 is starting. So they'll just end up putting another reality TV show on instead featuring underage lesbians dealing with the black community they live in, trying to understand and love one another set to the tune of Linkin Park's latest single.

But look on the bright side. Even if it does (did) get made, it'd only last for about 3-5 weeks anyway.

Skulhedface
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Still, that'll be 3 to 5 weeks I'll actually have tuned into MTV since 1995 roughly (I forget offhand when B&B went off the air)

Ninjavenom
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:52 PM
I believe the core four are Iron Man, X-men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four, but other big name marvels include Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Daredevil. Deathlok and Doc Strange never caught on. :(
Don't even ask about Iron Fist. >:

Skulhedface
Mar 14th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Or Howard the Duck.

Memorable movie in the 80s, horrible movie in the new millenium. God, to be young again...

Zomboid
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I believe the core four are Iron Man, X-men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four, but other big name marvels include Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Daredevil. Deathlok and Doc Strange never caught on. :(
Don't even ask about Iron Fist. >:

There is no fucking way iron man is more popular than the hulk.

The Hulk= 2 cartoons made and a (pretty popular in it's day) live action show along with a movie in the works. Not to mention all the references made to him in tv and movies.

Iron Man= Talk of a movie a while back and featured in a few games...Then again, so was the hulk, and he was probably in more.

Fantastic Four aren't even that big. They're kinda well known but nowhere near the main marvel characters.

ShanghaiOrange
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Every show mention in this thread should be released on DVD.

I never watched Gargoyles as much as I wanted to. I saw the first five episodes, then missed it. It had such a good continuity that I couldn't get back into much.
I'd buy it. :(

Ash37
Mar 21st, 2003, 12:17 PM
Gargoyles is a great show that I'd probably buy on DVD (given that I happen to have money at the time).

Now to discuss another topic from this thread....
Batman owns everyone in comics. Batman doesn't lose. I mean, he took out the entire JLA in The Tower of Babel. Well, not him directly, but Ra's used his plans. I refuse to believe that anyone in Marvel Comics can take him out, not even Wolverine (who is almost tied with Batman for my favorite comic character ever).

One more thing...talking about X-Men's crappy animation...If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) X-Men and Batman the Animated Series came out when I was in 6th grade. Right? That was around...1992-93 I believe. So that's no excuse for X-Men's animation, cause Batman was great.

Those are my humble opinions, and I'm not gonna be surprised if I get flamed for some of them. :/

Zomboid
Mar 21st, 2003, 03:39 PM
X-men was using a typical style and batman the animated series pretty much invented a new style that kicked ass. Almost every other cartoon at the time had shitty animation.

Ash37
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:33 PM
I highly recommend that everyone out there buy Batman: Animated by Paul Dini and Chip Kidd. It's a behind-the-scenes look at almost every aspect of Batman: TAS. It's very well-written (come on, it's Paul Dini, of course it is) and Chip Kidd's page layouts are great. I found it at Books-A-Million a couple years ago marked down to $15. It's a great book to have for anyone who's a fan of the show.