PDA

View Full Version : My Computer Is Fucked

ABSeNCe
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:02 PM
A few days ago I came home, and nothing was running right on my computer. I thought that a restart would do the trick, as it usually does. When it started back up, it just had a screen explaining that something was wrong, and I only have the option to start in Safe Mode, Normal Mode, or to use my Last Known Good Configuration. No matter which I pick, it freezes, and won't do anything. I've reformatted the hard drive twice now, and it still does the same thing. Anyone know how I can fix this?

MetalMilitia
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Culd be a hardware fault. If you have more than one ram module try booting with each one in turn. Also try swapping the IDE cable for a different one and try swapping about molex power cables, specifically teh one attached to your hard drive.

Raize
Oct 13th, 2004, 09:55 PM
How do you get the same options if you've reformatted the hard drive? You have to actually run "format" to format. That screen you are getting would seem to indicate you actually *haven't* formatted.

If your'e getting that on a brand new install I'd check the ram or just ditch the mb/cpu and start with a new set.