PDA

View Full Version : Mediaplayer's timebar on asf files

FS
Oct 24th, 2004, 10:34 AM
I need to get a screenshot from a 30 minute long movie (an .asf file), but I can't skip ahead with the bar that shows the point where the movie is playing. If I try to drag the slider around, it just skips back to where it was. Is there some kind of setting or preference I can change so I can skip the movie to where I need it to be?

MetalMilitia
Oct 24th, 2004, 10:42 AM
I guess you could try media player classic. Media player generally sucks at skipping through vids tho.

(start > run > 'mplayer2')

AChimp
Oct 24th, 2004, 10:57 AM
I've never been able skip around in Media Player. I use ATI File Player when I have to do that. It came with my video card. :(

FS
Oct 24th, 2004, 11:04 AM
No luck with Media Player Classic, but I have an ATI card too. If I don't have ATI File Player, I assume I can find it for download.

Something else I sometimes run into big movie files that, when ran, are supposedly only 2 minutes long, but when the slider reaches the end of the bar the movie freezes while the sound keeps playing. But, if I click further ahead on the bar, a whole new part of the movie plays for two minutes. Are these just damaged files or something?

MetalMilitia
Oct 24th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Mine does that too sometimes, probably just a bug in media player.

AChimp
Oct 24th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I've never had that problem. It's likely a damaged file or incorrect codec, I think. :/

You might be able to get File Player from the ATI site... I think you need to have a valid driver CD in order to install it, though.

whoreable
Oct 24th, 2004, 11:36 AM
ive noticed not being able to skip around in asf files too, think it might be normal :/

MetalMilitia
Oct 24th, 2004, 11:37 AM
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/2/1/11-2-1-17.shtml

That thing i guess.

adeptninja
Oct 28th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Only program ive been able to skip ahead in .asf is my power DVD program