PDA

View Full Version : f*cking AIM

Jixby Phillips
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:00 AM
So, I keep getting these messages that say CONNECTION LOST, when I try to sign on to aim. "1. Connecting" or whatever, you know, right after you sign in? and then i get the connection lost message. I restarted my computor, left it alone overnight, etc, not knowing what else to do besides hope it fixest itself. I even resorted to updating (I had an older version for like ever because I heard how awful the changes were). And that worked! I downloaded the latest version, installed it, ran it, and signed in succesfully. signed off before I went to bed, woke up, and the problem started all over again.

This is really fucking irritating, because not only am i not able to get on aim, but I updated it to the shitty version for no reason, a version which is kinda wonky with AIM+ (AIM+ automatically saves your conversations as they go along, thats what I use it for, and it routinely "clears" the aim window so it can "get a perfect record" of your chat or something? anyway, a box pops up and you cant do anything untill you click okay, accnowledging that the window is about to be cleared. well now anytime somebody sends me a picture, the window clears, meaning i'm unable to see the picture before its gone. I guess I need to update AIM+ as well).

does anybody know what the problem is? I admit I haven't looked around very hard for answers. i have had lots of homework latley and have taken this as a blessing in disguise, as I'd probably end up never doing my homework if aim were working.

GADZOOKS
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:05 AM
I use to have AIM+ and got thos eproblems all the time, when I ditched that that the problems went away. Do you get a blue screen error or soemthing as well, becausethat usually ruins your connection no matter what it is.

Sacks
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:20 AM
www.oldversion.com. Stick with the classics.

Sacks
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Oops, I hit submit before I could explain I had that problem too and it eventually just went away.

Sacks
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Hey again fellas! :D! Versions not Version! It's plural! How about that?! Round three! I'm the best!

GADZOOKS
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:13 AM
The comedy rule of threes doesn't work with you.

MetalMilitia
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Not sure what the problem might be but you could try using GAIM

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/about.php

Its a pretty decent messenger for MSN but i've never tried it with AIM. From the name i'd guess it works ok.