PDA

View Full Version : Same Windows XP on more than one computer?

dieglamourous
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:49 AM
My dad just got a new computer...So I used the CD that came with it to reinstall Windows Xp on my computer, since it got a nasty virus that wouldn't let me turn it on, and the guy who sold me it didn't want to give me the Windows Xp CD....Lazy bastard.

My problem is that you have to register it or whatever it's called...The anti-piracy thing. My dad told me not to do it because it'll make it so he can't use it on his computer in the future or it'll stop working immediately.

So I was wondering if this is true, and if so, is there any way to get past this? It came installed on his computer, and he didn't have to go through this procedure. I don't want it to stop working on my computer after 30 days.

:( :( :( :/

executioneer
Feb 11th, 2005, 01:16 AM
yeah unless you get corporate edition i think

dieglamourous
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Do you know of any "alternative means" to get it working...Maybe?

Anonymous
Feb 11th, 2005, 11:26 AM
yeah download a good version of windows xp on mirc and install that

MetalMilitia
Feb 11th, 2005, 11:49 AM
BitTorrent > Search > Download > Burn off > Install

WTF
Feb 12th, 2005, 07:04 AM
That M$ for you, but let me not start the age-old debate between open-source, etc. God forbid. XP generates a hash code of the CPU, mobo and HDD and that hash code is unique. Thus becomes a problem. Talking about an orgininal version here. When you thus change CPU, mobo, HDD (trying to load on other computer and register it) its a no-go. But there are some good cracked versions available on the internet.