PDA

View Full Version : animated gifs

Blackjack
Feb 21st, 2005, 08:22 AM
I'm doing a Powerpoint Presentation and i need to make a flashing arrow. I was going to use an animated gif. There is one major drawback though:

I don't know how to make animated gifs.

I would like to know how to make animated gifs. Rewards along the lines of a half eaten kebab and maybe even one whole can of sparkling soda will be offered.

Marvellous.

Sacks
Feb 21st, 2005, 08:37 AM
Does this soda taste like sparkling, or is it just carbonated? If so, what is it's flavor? I suggest Animation Shop 3, only because that's what I've been using for years. If you're in a pinch and you don't have time to find the program, you can IM me and I'll animate it for you.

MetalMilitia
Feb 21st, 2005, 11:18 AM
Most modern graphics editing packages can do animated GIFs (fireworks, photoshop, paintshop to name a few).
As for free solutions the painshop/animation shop free trial would probably suit your needs.

Blackjack
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:50 AM
As I am British, I would have preferred to say "one whole can of fizzy pop" but had I done so, Americans around the world would have scratched their heads (or worse) in confusion. So, for the record, the fizzy pop (or "soda") is merely carbonated, but it is "Tropical Carribean Sun-Kissed Orangeade FlavourTM" and if that isn't an incentive, I don't know what is.

Anyhow, on with the fun:

I am a Photoshop nerd but I've never discovered how to make gifs, so advice on how to do so would be appreciated. If you're interested, I need to make a flashing arrow, pointing downwards. One blue, one pink.

It's for a nightclub promotion called "Fit as FROUK" (don't ask!). We've got a stall running the promotion situated below one of our big screens, so the graphics need a big flashing arrow to direct the drunken student customers.

Bored? Here's a link to the promotional poster:

http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/entertainment/fitasfrouk.jpg

And here's the website:

http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/entertainment/frouk.php
Just click the "Frouk Website" link.

Marvellous.