PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with my Computer!!!

Jeff The Ninja
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:02 PM
I have a problem, it deals with games but I think it is a hardware issue so i posted it here. My computer has a 550 mhz processor, 98 Mb Ram and a Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX400. The problem is that whenever I run such as the Demo for Max Payne or Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, My PC speakers (the things that beep when you turn on the computer) start beeping in a pattern of four beeps, each with a different tone. I have no idea why my computer does this and me and my great computer inexpertize leaves me stupified beyond mental strain. Help Me Please.

MetalMilitia
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:16 PM
I think its because your computer sucks.

Re-installing drivers and crap might help out in the short term but its a pretty rubbish system.

Jeff The Ninja
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Well yeah, But What about getting some new computer parts (i.e. Graphics card, more RAM, a New Processor, bigger hard drive,...). Would that help at all?

MetalMilitia
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:58 PM
You'll probably need a new motherboard, CPU, memory and videocard (and PSU). Socket A stuff is pretty cheap these days and still performs well.

A decent nforce 2 motherboard, Athlon 2500+ CPU, 512 crucial PC3200 RAM, 9800Pro would cost around 200 quid. PSU an extra 40.

Thats what ya'll need.