PDA

View Full Version : Nesticle difficulties

The Killer Klown
Aug 13th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Ahoy manky scotts! I'm the newest freak to join, although I've been checkin' out the Visionary Darkness articles on I-Mockery for ages now. Funny stuff. Anywho, I'd like to start my time on here with a question:

Has anyone had video problems running the popular NES emulator Nesticle on Windows 98? I've gotten the sound/audio to work perfectly (it needed the original Sound Blaster audio stuff), the Save State feature works fine, but the video is baaaad. Anytime there's more than 1 sprite on the screen, one of the sprites will jiggle and shake uncontrollably.

This problem happens most notably with Super Mario Brothers; if Mario walks in an area with 2 or more Goombas, one of the goombas will be fuzzy and shaking. I've also noticed the screen getting choppy when you move from Left to Right.

I've never had these problems in the past with Nesticle; they only started after I had to reformat my PC. I lost EVERYTHING on my PC except for NES, because I managed to drag over all the files to a separate 1gig drive. After I restored my PC back to the way it was, I simply dragged my NES files back to the normal place they were, and now they don't work the same. Why is this? I can give more detail if you need it.

Dr. Boogie
Aug 15th, 2005, 01:54 AM
I'd say try a new emulator. Nester works well for me.

The Killer Klown
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks for responding dood. I went ahead and downloaded Nester this afternoon and gave it a fair shot, but the video is still horrible. It's like I need to really tweek the frames per second or something.

I still haven't given up hope yet. I'm still gonna work on NESticle and try to get it running again. I hope.

BTW, swank avatar! Isn't that character from some old-skool Genesis game?