PDA

View Full Version : Audio Editing (reduce quality, filesize)

Tropical
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:14 AM
Does anyone know, how I can to reduce the quality of a sound file so that the file size is smaller. So i can put on my web-page. and therefore reduce load times? Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Cap'n Crunch
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:49 AM
If you have Musicmatch Jukebox, you can convert it to .wav then convert it back to .mp3 with lower qualitity. It should have a lower file size.

Tropical
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:59 AM
It ain't low enuff. I'm talking about shrinking something from 5mb to 1mb. Without cropping the song of course.

Mockery
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:12 AM
My main sound editing program is Sound Forge. Other than that, you can .zip up sound files, but that's not gonna compress them very much.

Tropical
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:28 AM
I'll give it a try thanks, is it a freeware or shareware??? I'll probally find out before you reply...

Edit: Fucking hell, $400 for the software??? And it dosn't let you save when using the trial??? I'm talking about something free here :(

Mockery
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Well, maybe someone can find you a copy? I dunno...

Tropical
Mar 24th, 2003, 03:43 AM
Wait a sec here, I found this cool program called Audioslimmer. It converts to the WMA format. Wow I can really lower the quality here!!!! :) but it's a 30 days evaluation :( anyone know a similar program that's completely for free????

Yea I know... I'm a cheap cunt.

mew barios
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:42 AM
i'm pretty sure winamp can lower the quality of wavs. never bothered personally, but the disk writing option lets you choose th hz of output. maybe you should give that a shot.

Cap'n Crunch
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:37 PM
What do you need it for? I am curious.

Pub Lover
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know, how I can to reduce the quality of a sound file so that the file size is smaller. So i can put on my web-page. and therefore reduce load times? Thanks in advance if you can help me.
What do you need it for? I am curious.
>:

Tropical
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:39 AM
:posh
My greatest gratitude for you reminding this git about how he is intelectually challenged old chum.

Pub Lover
Mar 27th, 2003, 05:05 AM
My Pleasure, Ol' Boy! :posh