PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2

Zomboid
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:01 PM
I've read a lot of reviews and such, and the majority seems to think it sucks and it's just square's way of getting some extra money. There are some people who are basically reading off promotional reviews and crap like that by saying "It's got a cool new version of the job system from FFV!" while others are saying that it's just a shitty version of it that's not as big or worth mastering. Personally, I'm a lot more willing to trust the opinion of someone who's saying what they think than straight out facts with no real detail behind them.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has checked it out yet. There's a certain amount of lameness I can tolerate in any game, but changing clothes in battle and main characters doing "charlie's angels poses" all the time really doesn't attract me.

So discuss>:

Ninjavenom
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:32 PM
I hate Womb Raider and i hate this game. I hate it in advance. >:

Rongi
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:33 PM
I hated FF10 so most likely I'll hate this >:.

ItalianStereotype
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:44 PM
it is final fantasy so i am at least going to try it.

Ihach
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:07 PM
Is this out yet? If so, gimme gimme gimme

n00bward
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM
I'll probably try it, FF10 wasn't my favorite Final Fantasy but I never thought it was complete shit either. If they could simply make it so the main character/s weren't either gay or demure all the time and add a tiny bit of length to it, then I think it could score a bit higher this time round.

James
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:14 PM
See, the thing is, Zomboid found some shitty review for the game. It was written with a clear negative tone, as the person simply didn't like it. So every aspect of the game was relayed in a way that anyone who read it would feel the game simply sucked. Granted, reviews are based on opinion. But in this case, it was the opposite of fanboyism.

So when I didn't share his opinion (which in turn is based on someone else's opinion), he got angry at me. Then when I went to Gamespot to read a preview (which lays out the facts instead of being filled with personal opinion), he got mad at that too, and I had to block him for being annoying. For the time being, at least. :)

Then he posted this, possibly looking for some support of the opinion he has based on the opinion someone else has. So far, I'm pleased that many of you are also looking forward to it.

I'm set on getting the game when it's released later in the year, because the aspects of the game sound very interesting, and the story is one I want to learn more about (after all, it is the first sequel for a FF game ever).

Zomboid
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:31 PM
Actually, I was arguing that just because it's negative that doesn't mean you can't still get facts about the game out of it. You're the one who was basically covering his ears and humming loudly because you don't wanna hear anything bad about your precious final fantasy: charlie's angels. And no, I didn't make the thread to gain supporters, I just wanted to get more opinions. I was just asking why you thought it would be good then all of a sudden "I'm sick of your bitching" . Anyway, this is a thread about the game itself, not our argument.

Personally, I hate the look of ffx. It looks like a group of people accidentally walked out of a gay pride parade and into an rpg. With the exception of that guy with the glasses.

James
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:41 PM
Don't sweat it. :)

Anyway, my reasoning is that Final Fantasy has a proven track record, and I don't have any initial reason to believe that review you kept trying to shove down my throat. ;)

I still think you'd love FFX is you played it. It's practically tied with FF6 as my favorite. And as for their look, almost every game that Tetsuya Nomura has done the designs for has that "wacky" costume style. Look at Yuffie, or Edea. Besides, the characters in X aren't that far out there. The only ones who I think are a little peculiar would be Lulu's skirt made of belts, and Dona's thong-showing dress.

Zomboid
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:48 PM
Well, I'm trying to play all the ff games so I might play it soon but even when the commercials for it were on tv I was thinking "Ugh..". Usually my gut feelings about games are right so I'm not looking forward to it. I'll probably give it a shot though.

James
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:55 PM
If you go in thinking it'll be bad, it'll be bad. You won't be giving it a fair chance to impress you, because while something totally spectacular is going on, you'll be thinking about how stupid someone's hair is.

But if you go in with an open mind, you will like it.

Zomboid
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:32 PM
You'd think so, but I'm weird like that. I can watch a movie or play a game expecting to fucking hate it but if it's actually good I'll just give in and enjoy it and vice versa.

timrpgland
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:48 AM
I'm not thrilled about FFX-2. It just seems wrong. I wasn't a big fan of FFX as it was so I'm skeptical about this one. If they really wanted to make a "-2" I don't see why they didn't do it with a different game in the series.

FFXI and FF:CC