PDA

View Full Version : Futurama: Volume 1 on DVD

Jixby Phillips
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Fantastic.

I'm almost all the way through it; episodes AND commentaries. There's commentary on all episodes, and cut scenes here and there. I missed a lot of these episodes the first time around on TV. I kinda looked at as being something to tide me over untill Simpsons season 3, but now I'm equally looking forward to Futurama Volume 2.

The commentaries are pretty interesting and entertaining, if you like audio commentaries.

The packaging is kind of a pain, I found it pretty hard to pry the box within a box out. Inside that box are 3 slim DVD cases, which I kinda prefer over a fold out case.

The show itself is fucking great. If I can sit down and watch 11 episodes in a row (more like 22 if you count the rewatching with commentaries) it's gotta be good. I'd finish the set if I wasn't already way past my bedtime. Pick it up at your local store that sells DVD programs on DVD.

Esuohlim
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:34 AM
I watch it for free on Adult Swim. :(

Ninjavenom
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Sounds good, Jixby. What's the price on it?

whoreable
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:59 PM
I believe it is 30. i saw it at best buy yesterday. I was tempeted to buy it. especially when i saw it had commentary on every episode.

Rongi
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:17 PM
I'm getting this for my birthday :(

Esuohlim
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:20 PM
The only TV show I have on DVD is Malcolm in the Middle, and after getting that there is nothing that can compete.

I heard the Futurama set doesn't even have special features. Is this true? :(

Zomboid
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Family guy volume 1 >:

Jixby Phillips
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:23 PM
I heard the Futurama set doesn't even have special features. Is this true? :(

If you read my post you'd know there are audio commentaries & deleted scenes. >: >: >:

Disk 3 also has a featurette, haven't gotten to it yet.

Esuohlim
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:51 PM
If you read my post you'd know there are audio commentaries & deleted scenes. >: >: >:

You did not mention deleted scenes. >:

And, to me, audio commentaries should not be a special feature. It should be just as mandatory as the episodes. >:

Hmm...oh, what the hell. I'll probably pick it up anyway. :/

Jixby Phillips
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:57 PM
You did not mention deleted scenes. >:
There's commentary on all episodes, and cut scenes here and there.
>:

The Unseen
Mar 27th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Im gonna get this for my good grades