PDA

View Full Version : The Mario Bros. Appreciation Thread

Esuohlim
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Why don't we have one of these? >:

This is the thread where we talk about Mario Bros. and why we like it so much and which games we think are the best. We will also discuss small aspects of the games if we wish, and why Luigi is repeatedly standing in Mario's shadow, and even when he gets his own game it's UTTER CRAP. >:

Let's all express our appreciation for the Mario Bros. series now. :)

whoreable
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:33 PM
I feel that the newer Mario games(not Mario brothers any more >:) always seem to ignore the brothers plumbing culture. it is almost like nintendo is embarrased of the past occupations of the brothers. It is an outrage >:

and i agree. poor luigi, he always gets shat upon. These games should be about the brothers and family and thier culture as plumbers. not just about Mario and some other gay crap >:

I would also like to mention Mario Bastard (also known as Wario)

timrpgland
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Even with no Luigi, Mario 64 is one of the greatest games ever made.

They should make a new Mario Brothers game. I'd love to see it.

Mario is still going strong but Miyamoto needs to get his act together and toss Luigi in and add some 2 player action.

Les Waste
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:33 PM
I liked Luigi's Mansion :/

noob3
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:37 AM
=(

Pub Lover
Mar 27th, 2003, 05:37 AM
I liked Mario Is Missing. >:

The Unseen
Mar 27th, 2003, 06:47 AM
They should make a cell shaded 2-D mario game old school style, but now with 250 levels since they can fit a lot more on a disk

Esuohlim
Mar 28th, 2003, 11:28 AM
The only Mario game I don't like is Super Mario Land for Gameboy. Everything's too small, the Koopa shells blow up, and everything repeats itself in one level too much. :(

Ihach
Mar 28th, 2003, 10:22 PM
mario has been great in the past, but any new game i see with mario involved doesnt interest me at all. i mean, mario with a water cannon? cant see much to entertain in that

Mockery
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:22 AM
How was Mario Sunshine anyway? I never had a chance to really play it much at all. Just a few quick demos of it in the store...

ItalianStereotype
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:25 AM
actually, mario sunshine surpassed my admittedly low expectations. i liked it just as much as i did 64 after i pushed aside thoughts of how gay the water cannon was.

horror_blood
Mar 29th, 2003, 09:48 AM
dr

timrpgland
Mar 29th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Super Mario Sunshine is very fun. Everyone who bashes it hasn't sat down to actually play it.

Esuohlim
Mar 29th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Yes, Super Mario Sunshine was good. There wasn't any variety in the levels. They were all beaches and harbors and stuff, but it was a good game. I think it's up there with Mario 64.

But nothing is better than Mario Bros. 3

timrpgland
Mar 29th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Bah, Super Mario Bros. 2 was the best Mario Bros. game, not 3. >:

Mario 64 is still the best.

Super Mario Sunshine is a vacation theme so it's all basically that setting but there is still alot of diversity in the levels themselves and some great platform action that only Mario can bring.

Ihach
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Ill freely admit that i have not played Super Mario Sunshine, since i dont have a gamecube. im just saying that my impression of it was not very favorable from screenshots, commercials, etc... i have no doubt that its a solid game at its core, but it doesnt exactly appeal to me

Zomboid
Mar 29th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Well, we can agree that mario bros 1-3, super mario world, and mario 64, along with the two kart games all kick ass.

Esuohlim
Apr 5th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Well, this just goes to show how many people truly appreciate Mario. >:

Skulhedface
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:49 PM
I appreciate Mario, but I'm surprised no one mentioned the Super Mario Bros. Cartoons! Who can forget watching those after school, and then catching an ep of Zelda on Fridays?

Although the one thing that bugged me about the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon was their tendency to use the "whistling" running noise from the game and slap it in there if they were so much as taking baby steps.

ItalianStereotype
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:57 PM
cause this is gaming.

Skulhedface
Apr 5th, 2003, 03:12 PM
I know. I just appreciate the cartoon as well.

Ninjavenom
Apr 5th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Bah, Super Mario Bros. 2 was the best Mario Bros. game, not 3.

:love :love :love

Krythor
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Anyone else heard any more news about Mario 128?

Myiamoto (sp?) was quoted as saying that it will 'Contain the "newness" that "Mario Sunshine" lacked.'

I can't f'n wait.

Esuohlim
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:33 PM
I've heard about it, but I haven't heard what it was supposed to be.

If it is like Mario 64, then I'll be happy.

But if they actually bring back items like the Fire Flower and Super Mushrooms, then I will love Nintendo forever more.

HickMan
Apr 12th, 2003, 07:34 PM
I really liked mario sunshine and luigi's mansion but it would be a good idea to make a 2D sidescroller mario game for the cube. After I think about it, would it not be cool to make a 2D matroid game for the gamecube too? :eek