PDA

View Full Version : Saving streaming .rm files

Jixby Phillips
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I can't figure this out, and googling this is too confusing. I keep getting results that are programs you can download to do this, but when i get them downloaded and actually TRY to do it, i get a message saying THIS PROGRAM CAN NOT SAVE .RM FILES

Is there a good way to do this? Better yet be able to straight up convert them to mp3 or something? The only thing I can come up with on my own is to set a sound recording program to record what the computer hears and sit there for three hours while it records. HEEEEEEEEEELOP

whoreable
Feb 20th, 2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.videohelp.com/tools.php?convert=RM+to&search2=Search+

i would try some of the programs there.

I have used tinra before, but its not for streaming real files, you would have to actually donwload the rm file first.

it does look like there are some for streaming though

Jixby Phillips
Feb 20th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Forgive me if I'm not reading that link as closely as I should, but are those mainly for video files? I'm after audio files.

Jixby Phillips
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:18 PM
Here's something else related to streaming .rm files

So I've been trying to download an audio stream of The Best Show on WFMU. I decided I would simply let it preload, and play it while recording it in Cool Edit Pro. I have the patience becuase I wanna listen to the show anyway while doing it, and also when its all said and done i'll have an MP3 at the end of it instead of an .rm file.

The problem is that it keeps preloading, and then i'll get some such error. 'the opperation has timed out" or something. This wouldn't be that big a deal if it simply stopped preloading. Instead EVERYTHING goes away and I have to start over again. So theres typically a green bar showing how much has preloaded, right? It disappears, the little cursor showing me where I am in the show goes to the begining and I have to start over again.

How can I keep this from happening? Most days its fine but occasionally I'll have a day where every three minutes it fucks up, and every three minutes i have to find my place again and keep listening. What could be causing this? Is there some kind of setting I can change on my computer to keep this from happening?

Jixby Phillips
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:53 AM
I got a program called NETTRANSPORT that is working amazingly well for what I want to do!

Okay!