PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial "Quicktime Sucks" Thread

James
Mar 12th, 2006, 02:22 AM
OK, so Quicktime sucks. I've generally never had a problem with Quicktime, until lately.

QT6 had a habit of randomly reassociating it with mp3 files, so when I'd try to run one off a website, it would open the file in an embedded Quicktime Player. I fixed this a couple times by repeatedly fucking with filetype associations.

QT7? Flat-out REFUSES to be fucked with, and I can't fix it. I looked into QT Alternative/Media Player Classic, and so far, it seems like it's going to do the job. I just need MPC for .mov files, and no filetype association problems.

So yeah, why does Quicktime suck for fucking hard? What are your fun experiences with Quicktime?

MetalMilitia
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:24 AM
It works MUCH better than media player or realplayer (spit) for video streaming. The only problem I have with it is when I try and download audio podcasts it always attempts to stream it and I cannot right click the link and download it because its a redirect link so i'd just get a web page. I get round it using a gay downloading program like flashget.

Chojin
Mar 12th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I refuse to use QT or RP anymore, I just use the alternatives:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

Runs right in windows media player too, and all embedded movies work just fine.

executioneer
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:11 PM
i've never had a problem with it :/

James
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I've never had a problem with your face but that doesn't mean there's anything good about it. >:

executioneer
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:46 PM
AURGH I WILL KILL YOU

Chojin
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Real quicktime won't let you fullscreen it unless you pay them $20. Plus you can't make QT videos without the cash moneys. With the alternative it's just another codec, can be fullscreened/encoded, and doesn't queer up your resources.

Raize
Mar 19th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah, get the alternatives, I don't know why Real and Apple have to be such stupid dipshits, but they are.

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:23 PM
so how about how it can be used to hijack your browser? Or how it's not compatible with a lot of things? Or the abnormal size and unchangeable screen shape of .mov movies?

this is why i'm waiting for an MS equivalent to buy an ipod video, cause i bet it doesnt have a decent media player.

DOOM2099
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
It works MUCH better than media player or realplayer (spit)

(spit again) PTUI! I dont use QT either. If I find a file in QT I google it and search til i find a WMP version, then i play it in WinAmp LOL.

If I don't find anything but QT, I dont watch it.

executioneer
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
just use the alternative you dingbat

Fathom Zero
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:43 PM
VLC Media Player plays ALL types of videos. I LOVE IT.

Archduke Tips
Jun 16th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I've always kind of felt that QuickTime was designed for homosexuals. Like something you would see on one of those home design shows.

MarioRPG
Jun 16th, 2006, 06:22 PM
It's just ugly.

Fathom Zero
Jun 16th, 2006, 06:36 PM
But the functionality!

MarioRPG
Jun 18th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I use it only for files not played by Media Player or Showtime.

Jixby Phillips
Jul 4th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I've got a riddle for you, its "suck my dick you fucking fatsos" :boob

James
Jul 12th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I've always kind of felt that QuickTime was designed for homosexuals.

Close; it is essentially an Apple-based media player.

Seven Force
Jul 12th, 2006, 07:26 PM

Listen to this guy. >:

ninja wolf
Jul 17th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I got QuickTime 6 a few months ago, eventually uninstalled it because of its suckage and finally installed QuickTime Alternative to replace it. And yet the assmonger STILL trys to play any video (flash, wmp, real and actual quicktime) thats embedded into the webpage if I look at it in Firefox. So if I want to watch a damn video, or play a flash game, I have to fucking use IE.

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:21 PM
how about how you have to pay in order for it to maximize to true full screen? Or howit puts itself on your startup no matter what? Or the Itunes shove in you cant get rid of.

Or that VLC media player can do everything it does, but far far better? Or the constant ads? The obtrusive extra panels? The browser hijacking? The horribley incompatible with everything else .mov format?

Quicktime is the devil.

Chojin
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:19 PM
Thank you, Courage "Cliff Notes" the Cowardly Dog.

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Thank you, Courage "Cliff Notes" the Cowardly Dog.
my english isnt so good, whats a cliff note? Is it like a crib note?