PDA

View Full Version : Battle Toads

liquidstatik
Mar 28th, 2003, 06:40 PM
I just thought of the name for some reason. Did this used to be a tv show or a game or something?

timrpgland
Mar 28th, 2003, 06:47 PM
It was a few video games. Even a Double Dragon vs Battletoads. There was supposed to be a cartoon but I don't think it ever got off the ground.

liquidstatik
Mar 28th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Hmm... I might dig through me games and see if I have it. I think I have it.

James
Mar 28th, 2003, 07:38 PM
That game sucked hard. It's the hardest game on the NES.

And yeah, there was a Battletoads cartoon, but it didn't last beyond a few initial episodes.

Ninjavenom
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Nintendo Power comic, too.

JeefGyle
Mar 29th, 2003, 12:45 AM
That game sucked hard. It's the hardest game on the NES.

I love Battle Toads, I still play it a lot. And I don't think it's the hardest game for NES, I've beaten it a few times. And I remember not being able to beat a lot of games.

Sam
Mar 29th, 2003, 03:13 AM
I couldn't ever beat the fucking speeder bike stage. For NES or SNES... it's still awsome though... after the anger.

:maul

Maximum Blob
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:27 AM
I too encountered Battletoads (http://www.vgmuseum.com/pics/battletoadsDD.html) as an infernally difficult NES game, and never would have seen the end of it had not emulators come along, so you can save your progress every two seconds during that speeder bikes stage. Not to mention the hypno-orb.

What kept me coming back was the cartoon-exaggeration, which I hadn't seen in a video game before. Punch a baddie, and this Volkswagen-sized fist appears briefly on the screen. Stomp someone, and see the underside of a colossal boot.

Did anyone else think, upon first seeing this game, that it was a transparent TMNT rip-off? I mean, look at the character design.