PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Camcorder...

Xenogil
Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
Any advice? I'm thinking of getting one that ranges between $300 and $500, good in low-lighting with decent resolution. Any suggestions?

Fathom Zero
Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
Fuck, I found an awesome one in the clearance section for $32.00.
I doubt you'll find the same deal though.

Staxeon
Apr 6th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I picked up an older model Sony Hi-8 camera with a nightsight mode, built-in lamp, and USB out for around $300. Sure, its a little bigger than other cameras out there but I didn't want to blow a grand on something that might get dropped or lost in luggage.

I bought mine from amazon; even if you don't buy it from there its a great reference for models and prices.

pjalne
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Only buy digital, preferably Panasonic or Sony. Especially since decent pictures in less-than-optimal lighting is a criterium. Try to find a camera in your price range with a 3CCD chip, though I don't think It'll be easy. I'm not sure what they cost these days, it hasn't been an issue for me the last year.

So my ultimate recommendation is a Panasonic with a 3CCD. Just ask Rog.

Staxeon
Apr 6th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I would be crap-my-pants shocked if he can find a brand new 3CCD camera for under $500.

Digital may not be an option fo him. Hi-8 isn't all that bad for everyday use.

pjalne
Apr 7th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah, new is pretty much out of the question if 500 is the cap. I see no point in bying anything analogue, though, JVC has some decent digital cameras at 400 and up that shit on SVHSC and Hi-8. Plus, if you want to edit on the computer you don't have to get an analogue converter.