PDA

View Full Version : Condemned: Criminal Origins - PC demo

abortretryfail
Apr 19th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Just finished playing the demo for this game, so sweet, you’re a cop looking for a serial killer in a grisly realistic env. - lots of bludgeoning transients with objects not primarily designated as weapons (a.k.a "die at the hand of my rustily nailed 2x4, hobo junkies!"). It’s like a cross between Resident Evil and Manhunt. I'm so glad this is out on PC since I don't have a 360. Anyone played the full game? How is it? Demo is here: http://www.condemnedgame.com/

Fathom Zero
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:16 PM
My computer is not fast enough to play anything this gen. anyway.
But I agree, it is awesome.

Zomboid
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Beat it on 360 a while ago..most fucked up part is definitely in the dept store.

xbxDaniel
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Worth getting?

MetalMilitia
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I made this thread a while ago and I agree it's a good game.

Zomboid
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Worth getting?

Worth a rental..I dunno if there's much to do after the intial play through.

the_dudefather
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:54 PM
might rent it for the xbox, the demo seemed pretty cool (the serial killer theme reminded me of saw for some reason)

abortretryfail
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:04 PM
might rent it for the xbox, the demo seemed pretty cool (the serial killer theme reminded me of saw for some reason)

I was reminded of a lot of recent movies, esp. the re-makes of those Japanese horror movies. I'm gonna pick up the game tonight, played the demo 3 times already so that's good enough for me. I heard something about the PC Condemned having extras the 360 version doesn't, anyone know about that?

BlueOatmeal
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:34 PM
This was from IGN :x regarding the extras:

The only extra content you'll find is in the form of Achievements left over from the Xbox 360 version of the game. Unlocking achievements by finding dead birds, pieces of metal, special TVs (minus the Xbox 360 models) and beating levels means you'll be able to view pieces of special content via the achievement submenu. These are basically production bits including early animations and concept work. While it seemed pretty strange for these to be left in originally, it's actually nice to be awarded for your work through a game. It may not put any achievement points for all PC gamers to see, but it does add something to the experience.

Dr. V
Apr 21st, 2006, 05:47 AM
The demo button is broken :( I've been wanting to play this game for months.

MetalMilitia
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:40 AM
It'll be on filefront.

Drunkenbrigade
Apr 21st, 2006, 12:48 PM
I own it and All I can say is the first time through will be a kick-ass experience. It will last you a good while (If you play horror games With the lights out and by yourself with the volume way up.)

Mostly because of the paranoid feeling you get every time you hear a bump/crashor some psycho-path mumbling around the corner.

Good stuff if your really into horror games.

abortretryfail
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:22 PM
The demo button is broken :( I've been wanting to play this game for months.

Yeah, I tried to d/l it to my buddy's computer and had the same problem yesterday. It's fixed now though. I bought the full version last night, so good. So very good. I spent half the night playing it - let me tell you - you haven't lived until you've ripped a locker door off its hinges and killed a few zombie/junkie/hobos (what the hell are they?) with it. Got a lot of high school angst out in that moment, thank you Condemned.