PDA

View Full Version : just listened to the new radiohead album.

iron mitchell
Mar 30th, 2003, 10:45 PM
and it's really great. nothing mind-blowingly different, but some good, solid songs that are unique enough to retain radiohead's current position as "best band your younger cousin enjoys".
my favorite song on here is scatterbrain, i think.

Protoclown
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:11 AM
When is it coming out?

Royal Tenenbaum
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:32 PM
june 10th I believe. i have it already too, but I'm waiting to give it a detailed listen.

Rongi
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:56 PM
Where the hell did you get it :(????

Rez
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:20 PM
mmm... soul seek.

i'm gonna wait... you know, until the album comes out... :/

Les Waste
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:48 AM
Fuck. I haven't used SoulSeek for months :(

I wish I had more time to waste on crap like downloading albums :(

I'm going to download the new album now :(

iron mitchell
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:43 AM
it's also on kazaa. unfortunately, my computer stopped agreeing with soulseek a long time ago, so i'm stuck with the turdpile that is kazaa. however, you can occasionally find really good stuff on there if you look hard enough.

!!!!
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:38 PM
Actually, the whole thing is on this website: http://www.idioteque.it/multimedia/audio.htm

However, Nigel Godrich confirmed that it isn't the mastered version and some of it isn't even complete.

Les Waste
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:55 PM
I like it. :/

I fucking love 2+2=5

The Unseen
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:04 PM
radiohead is ok :/

Rongi
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:19 PM
How the fuck did you guys listien to it >:?

I can't get it of the site thing and when I download it from kazaa I either get the live version or some incomplete version.

Royal Tenenbaum
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:37 PM
Get a computer and try it.

I've listened to it a good 5 times already and it's solid. A little disappointing since I expected something really new; it just sounds a little to much like Amnesiac.

Rongi
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:40 PM
Get a computer and try it.

...what?

FlakTrooper
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:10 PM
Radiohead is all just a bunch of sound shape depressed crap. From what I heard of Kid A and Amnesiac(sp?) they are "experimenting" and ending up sounding way too similar too to Pink Floyd. Radiohead will never ever even be able to hold a candle to Floyd. Fucking Post-Punk assholes...I'm sorry there. That was a bit out of line and pretenious

Les Waste
Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:11 AM
You retarded dork >:

Why don't you bother listening to OK Computer, you shit head. Or The Bends. If you judged a lot of groups by the last two albums they made, you wouldn't judge them very high, would you?

>: I swear to god OK Computer is one of the best albums ever >:

Professor Cool
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:17 AM
I second that motion >:

Rongi
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:10 PM
FlakTropper, people like you should be fucking shot for being that dumb. I demand you apologize to your parents for being born >:. OK Computer and The Bends are two of the greatest albums ever made >:.

Bobo sent me the album last night. Fucking incredible. 2+2=5 is easly my favorite song. Thanks bobo :).

whoreable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:14 PM
Well you guys can shoot me in the head cause i think i fucking hate radiohead.

Rongi
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:28 PM
WELL THAT'S FUCKING GOOD FOR YOU >:

FlakTrooper
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:50 PM
You retarded dork >:

Why don't you bother listening to OK Computer, you shit head. Or The Bends. If you judged a lot of groups by the last two albums they made, you wouldn't judge them very high, would you?

>: I swear to god OK Computer is one of the best albums ever >:

Well I do like Stormstroopers of Death so I think that probably makes me a retarded dork so my opinion is not very valid, BUT I didn't like OK Computer either. I was very turned off by its faux concept album feel.
Though I do enjoy the Alice Cooper song that was on one of the Friday the 13th soundtracks so again I dont think my opinion is very sound.

Rongi
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:53 PM
Maybe you don't realize this but...your opinion is shit, FlakTropper.

Rez
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:16 PM
i'm downloading it right now.

yep. it sounds great so far (on backdrifts right now) but i can really tell it needs some nigel godrich reworking. once he gets through with it, it should be mind-blowing.

Professor Cool
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:37 PM
i agree with bobo and rongi, 2 + 2= 5 is a damn good song, I should be done downloading in a few minutes!

P.S.: I heard some copies of the new CD will come with a newer version of Pablo Honey, sorry if im posting old news

Rez
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:52 PM
From Johnny Greenwood

"So it turns out the leaked music is a stolen copy of early, unmixed edits and roughs - so we're kind of pissed off about it, to be honest.
I see it like this (this is just me): there's napster-style file sharing of released music, then there's early internet distribution of what we at least consider to be a finished body of work. Then there's this - work we've not finished, being released in this sloppy way, ten weeks before the real version is even available. It doesn't even exist as a record yet.....
So yes, we're annoyed - the songs are good on the recordings, which you can hear. But we worked on them after this point until we were happy with them. This is why we're pissed off - we didn't give up on them in February (which is what you're hearing) and it's just a shame that, to your ears, we did.
So of course people will still download them and hear them, I can understand the temptation. It's not you lot I'm pissed off about, it's just the situation I guess. It's stolen work, fer fuck's sake.
What do you all think ? I know it'll come out for real eventually, and it'll all be fine, but I though you all might as well know what's in my head....

Helm
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:10 AM
OK Computer and The Bends are two of the greatest albums ever made

Annoying.

Everybody that's been claiming this bullshit would have better have heard everything else 'ever made'. It's so fucking fanboy-ish to go "OMG! THAT'S LIEK, TEH BEST EVER!11!". Radiohead didn't fall like mana from the sky. They have influences like everybody else, and some of those infulences (like said Floyd, or Genesis, or the very good Sonic Youth, hell, even Eno) have made music that can objectively be considered quite more important than OK Computer, having stood the test of time and all. Even so, they aren't any more 'the best' than anything else. They are imporant in context, and in relation to what genre they belong to. I'm not saying that OK Computer won't stand the test of time, but we'll just have to see that, won't we? Fat claims are for the ignorant. Whether or not you rush to the aid of your favourite band or not will not stand to alter their artistic value in any way, so, speak less, listen more.

FlakTrooper
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:48 AM
Helm you said what I was trying to say, only with far more..whats that stuff called...ah learnedness? yeah Learnedness

Royal Tenenbaum
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:15 AM
Helm and Fagtrooper> You're both fucking idiots with no taste in music. Please leave this thread for good.

Les Waste
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:37 AM
I use "two of the greatest albums ever" interchangably with "two of my favorite albums."

FlakTrooper
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:54 AM
There is much too much anger here. Can't we all have different opinions and still not be idiots for having said opinions

Professor Cool
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:16 PM
Then make a "I Haaate RadioHED" thread and watch the replies roll in...

Dickweed

Rongi
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:11 PM
Annoying.

Everybody that's been claiming this bullshit would have better have heard everything else 'ever made'. It's so fucking fanboy-ish to go "OMG! THAT'S LIEK, TEH BEST EVER!11!". Radiohead didn't fall like mana from the sky. They have influences like everybody else, and some of those infulences (like said Floyd, or Genesis, or the very good Sonic Youth, hell, even Eno) have made music that can objectively be considered quite more important than OK Computer, having stood the test of time and all. Even so, they aren't any more 'the best' than anything else. They are imporant in context, and in relation to what genre they belong to. I'm not saying that OK Computer won't stand the test of time, but we'll just have to see that, won't we? Fat claims are for the ignorant. Whether or not you rush to the aid of your favourite band or not will not stand to alter their artistic value in any way, so, speak less, listen more.

Look helm, you may be right or you may be wrong, actually you're right :/.

What I'm trying to say is, they're the greatest albums in my opinion. Maybe I didn't make that clear, if so, then I apologize.

Helm
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:42 PM
Oh, okay, as long as it's not some objective claim.

SnakeAss: OASIS.

glowbelly
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:45 PM
i hate to be a jerky girl, but i find posts like the one helm just made more annoying than someone stating their opinion on two records. :/

Helm
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:50 PM
One would believe you'd have learnt what to expect when you read my posts in all this time I've been around. I don't care if you like it or not, and I'll make no plea at not being oppinionated about this or any other issue. If you don't like it, just skip the blue pixel girl from now on.

glowbelly
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:26 PM
i have learned, helm. so take your silly little orders about me ignoring your posts and shove them in your ears.

you can be quite charming when you want to be. i just found one (make that two :P) of your posts annoying.

get over it.

Royal Tenenbaum
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:20 PM
"SnakeAss: OASIS."

Whats your point? For the last time, I don't listen to Oasis. I listen to Radiohead. And you're still a fucking idiot.

jewishcarpenter
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:15 AM
There is much too much anger here. Can't we all have different opinions and still not be idiots for having said opinions

Three replies to your posts in this thread.

1. You're a creep
2. You're a weirdo
3. What the hell are you doing here?

Extra Credit : I don't belong here... (probably true, but I'd rather not leave).