PDA

View Full Version : need help with linux

Cliff Steele
Jun 25th, 2006, 01:18 PM
My pc wouldn't start Windows anymore,( it just kept giving me a message that said it appologized that it couldn't start and it would reboot at the xp startup screen), and so I installed red had linux fedora core 4. I can do basic webbrowsing and office applications, but I have no clue how to use the command line to install things like java. Anyone know any tutorials I can use? Or anyone extremely Linux profficient? I have no clue what I'm doing here.

CheapAlert
Jun 25th, 2006, 01:48 PM
first off

why redhat when you have no clue

second

why redhat

third

why redhat

you should've really stuck to ubuntu/kubuntu.

executioneer
Jun 25th, 2006, 02:07 PM
or reinstalled windows, adoi

executioneer
Jun 25th, 2006, 02:08 PM
oh wait i mean MICRO$HAFT WINDBLOW$$$ sorry i forgot what thread i was in :lol

Seven Force
Jun 25th, 2006, 03:50 PM
C'mon guys, he gave us no indication whatsoever he is a linux fag. He's just another poor soul who's new to another OS.

And, no, I can't help you here. Sorry. :(

Cliff Steele
Jun 25th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I got redhat because it came with a tutorial book. It was the cheapest option to get me back online, My windows disk is in storage 3 hours away, it'll be like a week until I can get it.

executioneer
Jun 25th, 2006, 08:18 PM
C'mon guys, he gave us no indication whatsoever he is a linux fag. He's just another poor soul who's new to another OS.

i was directing it more towards cheapalert, sry for the confuse

Ninjavenom
Jul 4th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Try one of the smaller Linux variants, such as DSL, Puppy, or Popcorn.

Seven Force
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:15 PM

i was directing it more towards cheapalert, sry for the confuse

s'ok i should just learn not to say shit often in the future :(

Cliff Steele
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:21 PM
thanks for the help guys, i got my xp cd and repaired the install so i'm fine now

Chojin
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:14 PM
first off

why redhat when you have no clue

second

why redhat

third

why redhat

you should've really stuck to ubuntu/kubuntu.

ya rly why the popular and user-friendly linux distro and not the hundreds of nerdcore esoteric ones? you can totally load up a text document 292% faster than redhat and well 927% faster than windows but that goes without saying lol guys did you hear the rumor i think prey is getting a port to linux this would be fantastic i always said the os could use a seventh game in its library

CheapAlert
Jul 5th, 2006, 01:38 PM
godamit i shouldve recommended edubuntu, then