PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Drive!

Archduke Tips
Sep 20th, 2006, 08:05 PM
I have a virtual drive on my computer that will not go away.
It is named: VN5239B TTQ201O SCSI CdRom Device

I have tried uninstalling the driver, but it always comes back. It appeared on my computer shortly after I burned a few CDs using Nero 6. I tried uninstalling Nero and it didn't help. I installed Daemon Tools to see if I could unmount it using that, and it didn't work.

How the hell can I get rid of this damn drive?

Fathom Zero
Sep 20th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Format your hardrive.

Actually, have you checked to see if it was just a partition or not?

Jixby Phillips
Sep 21st, 2006, 03:23 AM
i was hoping this was a google earth add-on in conjunction with mapquest and sim-city where you could simulate your next roadtrip

this is bullshit why isnt that what this is

Archduke Tips
Sep 21st, 2006, 06:45 AM
It is a virtual CD-ROM drive. So I can't format it.

I found a way to get rid of it though. After I installed Daemon Tools and then restarted my computer, it recognized the drive as a virtual drive. Then I was able to unmount the drive using Daemon Tools.

I'm still not sure how the stupid thing got there though! I bet it was Nero.

And yes, I think we have waited far to long to virtually drive about the country powered by google and sim-city.

AChimp
Sep 21st, 2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah, Nero will mount a virtual drive that you can load ISOs into and run stuff from them just like a regular CD. There's some setting in Nero to disable this, but I forget where.

MrAdventure
Sep 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
it's located under the tab 'nero is a fucken jerk,' under which you'll find the 'oh shit you really wanted me to burn that cd huh i thought you were kidding kid i was even joking about verifying what was burned to it, hold on a second, oh you already formatted your hard drive huh boy are our faces red' item

mew barios
Sep 23rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
i like having a virtual drive :> i dunno why they decided it needed to be enabled by default an freak people out tho