PDA

View Full Version : I work with Sharks and Killer Whales!

Vexation
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Well, not directly. But right off the coast lives a large population of Seals.
Great Whites regularly swim up from the south, and Orcas (killer whales) swim down from the north, to feed on the sea dogs during the spring and early summer. Other Coast Guard members have seen Orca whales beach themselves, not the lethal beaching, but the type when they swim up on shore to snag seals and then toss them back into the waiting pod. And Great Whites have been seen feasting. Not as often as the Orcas though. The Orcas chase them away. But this summer, if the CO and the XO allows me, I'm thinking about chumming the waters, see if we can get any beasties up near the 47's.

But I am totally hiking over to the seal beach (no roads) to set up a campsite for a day or two, in the hopes to see Killer Whales Kill. I was informed that I need to take a rifle, due to the fact that cougars sometimes hunt the beaches, snagging a seal or two.

FUN! I guess I'll also take a camera.

Goat Cheese
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:58 PM
tickle a shark and you have my respect.

Grislygus
Feb 6th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Other Coast Guard members have seen Orca whales beach themselves, not the lethal beaching, but the type when they swim up on shore to snag seals and then toss them back into the waiting pod.

The term for that would be "breaching".

MarioRPG
Feb 6th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Whales! AND sharks? all you need is a showdown.

Sebra
Feb 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM
maybe a counterpart to spider night fights :0

Vexation
Feb 7th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Aye, I just need to wait until the right season.

Goat Cheese
Feb 7th, 2007, 06:42 PM
mating season? ololololol

Blue Fox
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:05 PM
no, that's the season for hunting eagles you idiot.>: