PDA

View Full Version : LSD advice

Tropical
Feb 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I think i'm going to try tripping on acid. Bill hicks recommended it so i dunno.

Because the government is so full of shit on things like on marijuana, i can't figure out the REAL facts on LSD. Some of my friends tell me it's non addictive euphoria, some tell me it's addictive permanent rewiring of your brain into a psychotic retard.

The whole permanent change to attitudes towards life. Is that enlightenment or indoctrination by the drug?

Can someone that's tripped on acid tell me what the damn drug is like?
If u've never tripped pls don't post here. Please

FartinMowler
Feb 18th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I remember doing drugs as a teen and not enjoying Acid. We would go pick magic Mushrooms and laugh our ass off, eventually you have to stop because it is a form of poison. Drugs are fun at certian times with certain people in certain environments. Nothing worse than a bad Acid trip or Alchohol poisoning...thats something you never forget :x

Tropical
Feb 18th, 2007, 11:26 AM
so if i take acid, will i end up like you?

FartinMowler
Feb 18th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I don't need drugs to have an imagination :\ I knew when to stop and what drugs not to ever try so sure you might end up like me.

Happy New Year : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfiDWIUud-w If you want to see where drugs can take you visit Hasting St.

The most drugged out streets in all of Canada, if not North America.

The huge area is right in the heart of central Vancouver.
Located in British Columbia, Canada.

Needles are injected right in front of you, while the police just sit back with you and watch.

I worked near Hastings and a famous prositution street...I've seen drugs and had to open a shop door to find a fresh shit that some drug guy left for us in morning.

Lenor
Feb 18th, 2007, 12:55 PM
www.erowid.org (http://www.erowid.org)

Take One hit of acid, go to toys R' Us, and max out your credit card.

Better yet, If you have never tripped befor, take shrooms first.

I refuse to admit to the amount of LSD I have consumed in the past 10 years.

sspadowsky
Feb 18th, 2007, 01:42 PM
www.erowid.org (http://www.erowid.org)

Take One hit of acid, go to toys R' Us, and max out your credit card.

Better yet, If you have never tripped befor, take shrooms first.

I refuse to admit to the amount of LSD I have consumed in the past 10 years.

Tropical, I've never tried acid myself, but I suspect you can find some valuable lessons in the above post..... and I'm not referring to her link.

kahljorn
Feb 18th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Almost all psychedelics feel relatively the same. They have very similar body highs. I guess the difference comes in when you take high doses of them, but for the most part hallucinations are the same all around.

LSD won't "make you" enlightened though, it's just a drug. I suppose it has the POTENTIAL to HELP you become enlightened since it disassociates you from the norm, but honestly, you're neither going to become retarded nor enlightened by taking LSD (I mean you'd have to take A LOT of a drug and consistently for it to have much of an effect).
Timothy Leary wrote about LSD not as instant enlightenment really but as a psychological tool - you could kind of compare it to hypnosis. However, he also stated that in order for it to be a good tool it has to be used properly. They used a lot of "Rituals" when they used the drug medicinally - so more hypnosis comparisons.
Truly, the basic idea of it was that let's say when you were eleven you masturbated to a picture of a midget and so you've had a midget fetish your entire life (because timothy leary said the first sexual experience you have "Imprints") and you talk to timothy leary. Well, he would do some shit with the acid and psychology and crap and you'd walk out not attracted to midgets anymore.
They actually use a lot of different types of drugs depending on what type of problems you have. supposedly, some are better than others for treating certain conditions.

You won't be instantly addicted. Honestly, whenever you hear someone talk about drugs and they say ITS SO HORRIBLE ITLL KILL YOU INSTANTLY or something it's usually a lie. Same thing when people say, "OH YOULL BE ENLIGHTENED INSTANTLY AND ALIENS WILL TELL YOU THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE."

Most "Real acid heads" of the 60's will tell you that the acid they have now-a-days isn't real acid, it's just "Poison" or some strange mixture. I don't really know what to say about that, but it's possible.

Anybody who says they became enlightened because they took a drug is a fool and a liar. Everybody I've met like that was a fool and a liar. Drugs can be incredibly useful when thinking about the universe or whatever but not one high alone is going to give you every detail. It's just like when you're not high, all the ideas of the universe don't suddenly come crashing down on you. You might have some moment or some instance where you're looking at the universe and discover some aspect of it, but you're not going to understand everything about the world.
i dont even know why people use the term enlightenment :O i guess there's some forms of enlightenment you could walk away with but they're pretty gay and could be understood in other ways and would probably be pretty basic.

Take LSD (if it's real), tropical. It's fun, but don't expect superior enlightenment.

Rongi
Feb 18th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I think i'm going to try tripping on acid. Bill hicks recommended it so i dunno.

I dunno, I think Hicks preffered shrooms to acid.

Well, there was the hillarious "door is a jar" bit

DeadKennedys
Feb 18th, 2007, 02:55 PM
You will never see the world in the same way. Partly enlightenment. Then again, if you take a nasty tab or have a bad trip, there's the possibility of fuckin yourself up for good.

If your family has a history of mental disorder, don't take it cause it can bring that out.

The CIA was heavily into LSD during the vietnam era. They took it in groups, snuck the chemical into the punch at parties, and generally had a grand old time with it (whatever their motives were) until beatnicks and free-thinkers picked it up and it became "bad".

kahljorn
Feb 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM
What does, "You'll never see the world the same way again" mean? that's one of the gay statements i hear about acid/any good hallucinogen all the time.

what like afterwards he'll be all, "MAN THOSE HALLUCINATIONS WERE CRAZY. THAT MAKES ME SEE THE WORLD DIFFERENTLY. BECAUSE LIKE WHAT IF EVERYTHING IS A HALLUCINATION OR SOMETHING. OH DUDE" that's so dumb. "DUDE I NEVER CONSIDERED THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU COULD HALLUCINATE THINGS THAT ARENT REAL. THAT CHANGES THE WAY I LOOK AT THE WORLD."

i dont get it, please explain. I honestly just don't get how taking a hallucinagenic drug can change the way you look at the world, except for the time when you're on the drug. After you come off the drug don't you think, "That was a drug induced way of seeing it's different than this normal way of seeing which sees mostly concretely real things."

seriously.

kahljorn
Feb 18th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I think most people confuse the euphoria/body high from drugs to mean that they are experiencing god or some utterly different reality which changes everything, but the only thing that makes it seem so groundbreaking and life-changing is the fact that you're euphoric and have a body high because you're on a drug.

basically people are retarded and think feeling good means something extra special, when it's just the nature of the drug to make you feel good. Which is fine, that's what the drug is supposed to do; but why do people act like it necessarily has immediate relevance in real reality?
IF IT CAME FROM A DRUG ACCOMPANIED BY VISIONS AND SHIT IT MUST BE REAL IM GETTING TO THE TOP OF REALITY is the attitude a lot of people seem to take. I think people full of themselves think that way.

Lenor
Feb 18th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Timothy Leary.

Need I say more?

sidebar: Sure, when I did drugs it wasn't 'Cool', now everyone's doing them!

kahljorn
Feb 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I was just fucking talking about Timothy Leary, you idiot. Scroll up and read.

sidebar: "Guys I was cool before I was cool"

Timothy Leary wrote about LSD not as instant enlightenment really but as a psychological tool - you could kind of compare it to hypnosis. However, he also stated that in order for it to be a good tool it has to be used properly. They used a lot of "Rituals" when they used the drug medicinally - so more hypnosis comparisons.
Truly, the basic idea of it was that let's say when you were eleven you masturbated to a picture of a midget and so you've had a midget fetish your entire life (because timothy leary said the first sexual experience you have "Imprints") and you talk to timothy leary. Well, he would do some shit with the acid and psychology and crap and you'd walk out not attracted to midgets anymore.
They actually use a lot of different types of drugs depending on what type of problems you have. supposedly, some are better than others for treating certain conditions.

sidebar: guys i was talking about timothy leary before it was "Cool", now everybody's doing it.

Goat Cheese
Feb 18th, 2007, 06:30 PM
You ever seen jesus wraped in a blanket of sex?

that is what LSD is like.

Tropical
Feb 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Rogni: i've read a biography, that says he loves MDMA the most and mushroom and LSD was just whatever was convienient.

Kahljorn: chill out dude.

but yea, it's the permanent flashback shit the worries me. I don't want to trip in the middle of something important. Really don't know if that's just an overblown rarity. I guess my desire for hallucinating is much like wanting to travel the world.

DeadKennedys
Feb 18th, 2007, 08:08 PM
What does, "You'll never see the world the same way again" mean? that's one of the gay statements i hear about acid/any good hallucinogen all the time.

I'm not one of those "gay" guys who preaches about drugs, or, god forbid the professor mentions drugs and I become a walking erowid.com

I'm saying that substances that alter your mind (lsd, peyote, etc.) do open up a different way of thinking, if you have an open mind to begin with. It's not a matter of "euphoria" or "feeling high," it's merely a way to experience something you haven't seen before. There could be millions of things happening that our brains simply tune out. Yes, it involves a chemical, but everything we sense is a result of a chemical reaction in our brains.

I'm not saying it's gonna change your life and you'll become enlightened.

I don't know much about flashbacks, never had one myself. I hear the chemical deposits in your spinal cord, because I knew a guy who casually cracked his back and received quite the flashback.

kahljorn
Feb 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I'm chilled out dude I was just discussing a topic i happen to find interesting. There are a lot of people that think doing drugs makes you smarter than anyone else.

eggyolk
Feb 18th, 2007, 09:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/eggyolk/thumb_weed.jpg

because all you need is a fat bowl and led zepplin man

eggyolk
Feb 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
or any other typical stoner band

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 12:56 AM
"I'm saying that substances that alter your mind (lsd, peyote, etc.) do open up a different way of thinking"

What I was trying to say is HOW does it open new ways of thinking? just because you're hallucinating? I disagree that it opens a new way of thinking, if you're already "Open-minded" doesn't it stand that you're already open? ;o

"It's not a matter of "euphoria" or "feeling high," it's merely a way to experience something you haven't seen before. "

Isn't 90% of that experience feeling Euphoric?

"There could be millions of things happening that our brains simply tune out."

How does this apply to hallucinations and drug highs? Are we "Turning on, tuning in and dropping out" ALL THE GIRLS ARE YOURS? lol. And how does that apply to usually "Unreal" hallucinations? are the hallucinations real reality?

"I'm not saying it's gonna change your life and you'll become enlightened."

that's cool dude i just wonder why people think it. I've had a lot of good experiences on drugs. Sometimes i think the thoughts i have become more profound because I'm on a drug. Sometimes I also think the euphoria I'm feeling and the association and feelings it attaches to previously meaningless things are partly what makes them seem so profound and warrants them investigation in the first place.

eggyolk
Feb 19th, 2007, 01:11 AM
kahljorn you're such a buzzkill man :/

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 01:59 AM
"kahljorn you're such a buzzkill man :/"

evidence that druggies don't want to think ;O "thoughts man those are buzz kills we like to feel the truth with our drug"

eggyolk
Feb 19th, 2007, 02:47 AM
what are you a dare officer or something? or were you parents killed by drugs idk :lol

Supafly345
Feb 19th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Celebrities have the best ideas!

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 03:15 AM
"what are you a dare officer or something? or were you parents killed by drugs idk"

No. I do drugs all the time. Probably more than you ;/ I'm on drugs RIGHT NOW and in every post i made in this thread.

I JUST FIND CERTAIN THINGS ABOUT THE CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE WORLD TO BE INTERESTING AND WORTH INVESTIGATION
why?
I DONT KNOW MAYBE TO LEARN THINGS TO IMPROVE THEM and also SO I DONT THINK STUPID THINGSLIKE TAKING DRUGS WILL MAKE ME ENLIGHTENED
but at the same time
REALIZING THE PRACTICAL USES OF DRUGS AND HOW THEY INFLUENCE THE MIND

I hope that's not too unacceptable for you.

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 03:26 AM
lol, as for the flashbacks ive never heard of that actually happening ;/ you need to understand something about drugs, not every trip is like super strong and many of them are mostly excessive body highs that make you feel euphoric. The "Flashbacks" most people talk about would be bubbles of the drug at most. I mean, a lot of acid would have to store on your spine in order for one little crack to cause you to hallucinate crazily and get out of control.

no drug is going to fuck you over on the first try unless you have an allergy or some type of physiological problem. People who have bad trips just let it get a hold of them like a Neurosis. all facts about facts.

ps "bad trips" in my experience are more fun and "Meaningful" than the good ones.

Retention of LSD in spinal fluid

A meme (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme) with particular appeal to anti-drug educators who wish to instill a fear of the potential long-term effects of LSD in their pupils, and also among casual high school age LSD users, is that the body stores crystallized LSD in spinal fluid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebrospinal_fluid) or in fat cells (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocyte), which at some point dislodges and causes horrific flashbacks, perhaps years later. Although the body does store some toxins in fat tissue, and residues of some drugs and toxins can be found in spinal fluid, LSD is not among these. It breaks down entirely within the body in hours, and its metabolites are excreted within days.
"Flashbacks" are themselves a dubious phenomenon. Most LSD users never experience flashbacks in the sense popularly described -- a resurgence of the drug effect months or years after last having taken it. However, the small number of people who experience severely traumatic bad trips may have a similar effect to post-traumatic stress disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-traumatic_stress_disorder).wikipediaed

lol look they quoted "Flashbacks" like I did.
whoa and you don't know how many idiot liars have told me they got rolled for LSD in their spines, or how many people have told me that's how you get flashbacks. there's another thing about flashbacks and how it's also probably bullshit/misdiagnosis/idiots.

Lenor
Feb 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM
kahl - I refuse to allow myself to steep to your level of desperation, shown clearly in this thread, to be absofuckinlutly positive of something.

But Unfortunately, your wrong.

Analysis, charts, what may or may not have happened to YOU, does not cover what will or will NOT happen to ANYONE else.

Give it up, you sound like a fucking Mormon, trying to push your idea's and propaganda onto the rest of the board.

Sorry to anyone who is a Mormon, but seriously get a new religion, better yet, worship Satan. At least then you can celebrate your fucking birthday!

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Lenor, what are you even talking about? I don't even know why I'm replying since i know you can't read a post longer than one sentance, but here we go anyway.
First I'll ask this since it will hopefully be the crux of my conclusion:
What meaningful, enlightening experiences have you had on drugs? Seriously, answer this question. I would love to hear it. If you can't answer this question, you might as well not respond since it's evident that you would be talking out of your ass rather than from experience.

Have you ever heard of Hassan-I-Sabah? he used to convince people they were enlightened by getting them high on drugs and then having people dance around and treat them like a god. Not only did they think they were enlightened, they were sort of brainwashed by it - i think they thought hassan was so great because he made them feel so good and gave them everything they wanted. It's very similar to the rituals Timothy Leary used, except Sabbah's rituals were used to supposedly indoctrinate assassins and make them do what he wants (sort of like when kidnappees become obsessed with kidnappers).
Hassan I sabbah's famous quote is, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." Ask yourself, how does this apply to consciousness, and why would it support what I'm saying? Because it might seem like it could go both ways, but really what it means is that anything is capable with our minds. The drugs can just help fool the mind and manipulate it, if you don't have the capacity to do anything with your mind in the first place you're going nowhere.

HOW DOES THIS FIT IN YOU MIGHT BE WONDERING? Well the entire crux of Timothy leary is that we are capable of controlling our Consciousness/minds/brains. That we essentially make our own reality, and that by using drugs (also yoga and spiritual practices) we can improve our ability to control our minds and brains and also weed out any bad impulses we might have - in essence we can become "programmers" of our reality, capable of controlling what we think, when and why. This is inherent in his 8th circuit model of consciousness, which I know at least one or two people on this message board have probably read in the form of Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson, which is a very good book.
I have seriously given a rundown of everything about timothy leary that's not retarded.

Another interesting thing about timothy leary and nearly anybody with a brain who thinks is that WHAT WE THINK MIGHT NOT BE REAL or accurate. How might this apply to drugs you might ask yourself, and that would be a good question. Just because you think you're having a meaningful, enlightening experience doesn't mean it's true.

What am I wrong about, how am I wrong?

I'm not "Positive" of something, I sat there and asked questions and provided pretty decent reasons for what i think. Just because you can't contradict them or add anything doesn't mean I'm desperate, if anything it makes YOU desperate. The desperation to attempt to prove me wrong in your lame ad hominem attack is obvious - try giving some reasons.

What analysis or chart did I post? Seriously, you're fucking stupid and you're the last person I want to hear about enlightenment or controlling your consciousness from - You're a fucking retard who is neither enlightened nor in control of your consciousness. Quit trying to act like you're smart. You haven't even read timothy leary, john c lilly, alduous huxley or probably any interesting book ever. I know more about this subject than you ever will, despite the fact that you are a "Psychologist."

You are also the one using statistical analysis of this. Because a percentage of retarded college students and your friends said they experienced meaningful MYSTICAL BREAKTHROUGHS while on LSD it means it can enlighten you? Couldn't it be that *shockfuckingappal* these people were retarded college students on drugs and thus would call ANYTHING meaningful? These are probably the same people who watch that pink floyd/wizard of oz synchronicity and think it's mystical and enlightening.

God this seriously gets me because if all your friends had ENLIGHTENING experiences and you did too, doesn't it stand to reason that you would be BETTER PEOPLE instead of a bunch of fucking idiots? Where's the enlightenment from the 60's? shouldn't all those acid heads have become supremely enlightened by now? HM FUCKING Hm. WHAT DOES USING THE BRAIN GET US?
Like i said, I know more about drugs and druggies than you probably ever will (I also have common-sense, a very useful tool). I've met tons of self-professed "Drug Gurus" who think they are enlightened because they took a lot of shrooms or because they smoke alot of Crystal DMT (one guy even thinks he is an alchemist because he makes crystal dmt). They aren't any smarter than most sober people i know. In fact, the ones who claim ardently that they receive enlightenment and mystical experiences are usually STUPIDER than most sober people i know.
Honestly, lenor, you're just frustrated because drugs are probably the only thing that makes you feel "cool" and "intelligent". You identify yourself by drugs. I doubt you even read this far.

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM
"duuude i have the powers of god and i control reality man" is probably the "reasoning" behind most druggies thinking they are enlightened. Honestly, it's just the EUPHORIA. Do we know what the word EUPHORIA means? It means you FEEL REALLY GOOD AND FEEL REALLY GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF. I seriously don't understand why I have to explain why this might make people feel like they are having enlightening experiences.

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Also, what is enlightenment?
And since you don't know, and neither do any of your stupid friends or the people I know who claim it, how can they be enlightened?
Do you know what it means to say you're something that you don't even know the definition of? I do. It means, "MALARKEY".

I hope my point has been well expressed and explains my position. I hope you can actually UNDERSTAND what I'm saying. Because I'm not saying that drugs aren't useful, or that they don't do things to the brain which are useful/helpful.

PS I also hope you realized that an important part of timothy leary's is in CONVINCING YOURSELF OF REALITIES. That's part of the reason why drugs are useful, because they help with the convincing. Do you see how people could become convinced they are enlightened from euphoria in that regard?

BlueOatmeal
Feb 19th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I like cocaine!

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 04:07 PM
So did Freud :eek

I think Timothy Leary said that Cocaine is for treating psychological conditions based in the lower four circuits. Which would make some sense, since Freud's theories are encompassed in those first four and Freud also treated cocaine as a "MIRACLE WONDER DRUG THAT WILL CURE EVERYTHING."
Look where that sentiment is now :rolleyes
but don't worry guys acid will still enlighten you

Dole
Feb 19th, 2007, 04:14 PM
TROPICAL - I did acid a fair bit in my youth, but have absolutely no desire to do it these days. Its one of those things that is best done early-ish in life when REAL LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES AND CONCERNS are at a minimum.

Fuck spiritual enlightenment, it wont happen. Cool things will happen, you will think entertaining thoughts, see some mad patterns in things, realise the world is for the most part a ludicrous (yet comforting) charade... but as to getting closer to God or anything like that...ITS ALL BOLLOCKS.

the most important thing is make sure you are somewhere 'safe' with people you know, like and trust (ie dont do what me and me mates used to do, like walk into the centre of town on a saturday night. either stay in or go and sit in a nice park or the countryside or summat)

if you're experience is anything like mine, then...

:eek Expect to feel kind of weird and uncomfortable in your own skin at some point

:eek Expect to have a point in time several hours in where one of your party says (half seriously) 'this .....will end, right??'

:eek Expect to have a several involved conversations with yer mates lasting several hours deciding whether to go and sit/stand over there, or remain sitting/standing over here. If you do go over there, your party will split into 2 warring factions, the 'I knew we should have stayed over there' lot and the 'no way! its much better over here!' chaps.

:eek if you consume any booze/dope, expect to think 'I can't tell if I am drunk/stoned or not' for several hours, until you realise that yes, you probably are, a bit.

:eek make sure you listen to some seriously monged music

:eek you mantra shall be 'its only the acid, its only the acid'

:eek dont start thinking about your normal straight bread-head square existence man. Because if you do, IT WONT MAKE ANY SENSE

ENNNNNNJOY

I only had one 'bad trip' and that was only because 2 policemen decided to come and have a nice conversation with me about what exactly I thought I was doing. My answer lasted several hours and covered an expansive range of subject material as I recall.

BlueOatmeal
Feb 19th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I never really thought about deep psychologial things when I was on coke. It was mostly "Man I'm really fucking horny!" and "This beer is REALLY good!"

Of course I'm a simpleton mouth-breather.

My friend use to do acid alot with his old friends in a barn and he said he had a hell of a time.He would tell me stories of stuff in the rafters and shaking this one dude that was tripping out and he peed on himself. Good Times

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 04:22 PM
lol. Dole gave a pretty accurate explanation of a drug trip ;o especially the first two eeks.

Blueoatmeal.. exactly. If I remember right leary guy said cocaine is good for Social-sexual situations and reimprinting them. So the example I gave of having a midget fetish and trying to get rid of it might've used cocaine. A lot of freud's theories had a lot to do with sex/sexual reproduction, probably because that's where we come from and where we go so it's kind of important (and most people consider it important) ;o

I reccomend staying in and listening to music and tripping or whatever, then after you've peaked going out and enjoying the euphoric feelings. That's what I did last time, we tripped for a while, then started drinking and took a walk to the park.

Geggy
Feb 19th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Tropical

I've never tried lsd because I was satisfied with the mushroom trips, but I always enjoy hearing other people's experience with lsd trips...so fill us in with the details as soon as you're done with it.

Lenor
Feb 19th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Kahl, true, when it comes to your post, I tend to fall asleep, while attempting to read throughout the endless paragraphs you divulge into.

Truth is, Ive done far more, involving drugs, then the majority of the people, put together, on this board.

Alexander Shulgan, one of my favorite chemist, and self-renowned psychoanalysis, wrote about his chemical induced experiences involving LSD, cocaine, and MDMA. For those that are sheltered, MDMA is also known as Ecstasy. Although, pure MDMA can not be compounded into a pill, thus the majority of pills being 'fake'.

I could talk about endless times when drugs have in some way or another 'enlighten' my mind, friendships, perspective, etc. But that is for me, and the people whom I was with to share with one another.

Maybe if you asked a certain person on this board, real nicely, they would let you in on the story of when 'Amber fed them lots of shrooms for their first time'

liquidstatik
Feb 19th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I JUST DO IT TO GET FUCKED UP GUYS WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT

sloth
Feb 19th, 2007, 06:39 PM
man i wish i had a favourite chemist

i just wouldnt know which one to choose

but i guess that just comes with the territory of being a drug aficionado

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Did you even read the stuff I said about timothy leary and the 8th circuit model of consciousness? prolly not ;( have you ever read Timothy Leary?
and what does "Enlightenment" mean?

"Truth is, Ive done far more, involving drugs, then the majority of the people, put together, on this board."

GO NINJA GO.

"could talk about endless times when drugs have in some way or another 'enlighten' my mind, friendships, perspective, etc."

You mean when you felt euphoric and bubbly happy and sat around hugging your friends telling them how much you loved them and the world because it's beautiful?

"But that is for me, and the people whom I was with to share with one another."
lol. "We shared the moment together feeling gay" and euphoric. Saying shit like that just reinforces what I'm saying.

I seriously doubt you've done more drugs than all the people on this message board combined. You're just a little girl who attaches meaning to meaningless things. You act the same way about drugs as you do about your message board friends. That's partly why you're so idiotic.
Anyway, Lenor is a good example of a "Drug Guru". "I do lots of drugs so that means I know a lot about psychology, philosophy and consciousness. It's almost like having a degree."

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
my entire argument is that the euphoria allows you to contemplate ideas you wouldn't normally because of the euphoric nature which makes you feel good and thus more confident in ideas you wouldn't normally consider. Basically, it changes your perception because "happiness" isn't limited to your own perception.

This alexander shulgin guy is basically saying the same thing as me and timothy leary:
interview
"Do you think that the use of psychedelics can lead to a completely new form of perception? S: Not really. This is an extension of the question I just answered above. We have a handsome array of sensory skills normally at our disposal, and I believe that the psychedelics allow them to be more fully appreciated." he says something similar to what dead kennedies was saying after this

Do you think that all of the states of consciousness which psychedelics induce are naturally present in the human or are they sometimes a unique reaction created by the interfacing of the chemicals with the endogenous neurotransmitters?
S: I am a strong advocate of the hypothesis that psychedelic drugs do not do things, but rather they allow things to happen. All the states of consciousness that can be revealed have always been present within that remarkable organ we call the brain, but we normally remain ignorant of our potentials. There is no way that a few micrograms or milligrams of a simple white solid could have the property of producing a religious experience or of seeing a divine image, all tucked away in its crystalline lattice. It is we, as curious and uninformed individuals, who bring these new states of consciousness into our awareness. The drug is merely the catalyst that lets this happen.

Have you ever reached or come close to a plus 4 (++++) (by means of a drug, of course), if so, was it truly bliss and what produced it?
S: The +4 state is not simply a more intense place - it is a unique mental state that is a phenomenon unto itself. As Ann and I noted in PIHKAL, it is a rare and precious transcendental state which has been called a "peak experience," a "divine transformation" or a "state of Samadhi." It has been known to come from a drug experience, and it has been known to occur to a person spontaneously with no drug having been involved.

Blue Fox
Feb 19th, 2007, 08:03 PM
:wah kahl is scaring me

Rongi
Feb 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM
you guys are crazy. i'll just stick to plain old marijuana, thanks

cocaine scares the shit out of me because i see how people get hooked and sell their car/house/baby for a hit. i would never touch that shit

acid, shrooms MDMA and the like i have yet to try. it's doubtfull i ever will. pot gets me happy and stupid, just how i like my highs

Lenor
Feb 19th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I dont smoke pot :/ it makes me laugh really loud for about 4 minutes, then fall asleep.

Reminds me of kahl's post.

liquidstatik
Feb 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I'm goin with kahl on this one! :]

Lenor
Feb 19th, 2007, 09:21 PM
OK FINE I HAD AN EPIPHANY!

kahljorn
Feb 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I might try reading this Shugin guy. He says wilhelm reich is one of his influences, which isn't all too unsurprising I suppose ;O

Lenor
Feb 19th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Kahl, Ill send you his book.

Lenor
Feb 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM
ohh fuck i missed my 666 post .. :/

TIME TO GO DRINK MORE LIQUOR AN DO NAUGHTY SECRET THINGS ... HEHE

kahljorn
Feb 20th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I don't think I'd be comfortable receiving a gift from you ;o

Lenor
Feb 20th, 2007, 01:52 AM
kahl i love u

kahljorn
Feb 20th, 2007, 02:36 AM
more of that huggy drug euphoria :rolleyes

Tropical
Feb 20th, 2007, 05:00 AM
the whole friggin book may be laced with acid :o

Grislygus
Feb 20th, 2007, 09:43 AM
"Truth is, Ive done far more, involving drugs, then the majority of the people, put together, on this board."

GO NINJA GO.

. . .

Anyway, Lenor is a good example of a "Drug Guru". "I do lots of drugs so that means I know a lot about psychology, philosophy and consciousness. It's almost like having a degree."

Oh, fucking lawl.

Lenor
Feb 20th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Why in hell would I send a book entirely laced of LSD to anyone?

I'd be selling that shit.

Matt Harty
Feb 20th, 2007, 05:10 PM
kahljorn is so pissed

zeldasbiggestfan
Feb 21st, 2007, 01:11 AM
Haha theres this dude at school whos addicted to herion. Hes so fucked up all the time and quite a few times he shit himself. Its fucking crazy. Hes all skinny and his teeth are beginning to rot. :( I dont know what LSD does but I hope it isnt like herion.

liquidstatik
Feb 21st, 2007, 01:31 AM
its exactly like heroin ;o

noob3
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:26 AM
one time i shot up some lsd man all i remember is the smoothe high & total munchies i was craving like pretzels or something i dont even remember but ti turns out the pretzels were craving me and i had to escape from there man

true story

noob3
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:26 AM
actually - not true at all

kahljorn
Feb 21st, 2007, 03:50 AM
that's the most god damned honest thing ive ever heard

noob3
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
this is in bold, it should emphasize the sentance as a whole

MattJack
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
My advice is don't do acid. Unless you want to be completely insane for 12 hours straight. When I say insane, I mean like thinking everyone is dead and you are too. Or if some guys are playing CS Source and you want to think you are in the middle of a war, inside your own house.

It's always fun for like the first 3 hours, then it always goes to shit for about 9 hours.
I just simply couldn't suggest doing it. Stick with mushrooms. You can do acid, you just need to have a very, very strong mind. I dunno, maybe I just got some shit that was THE BOMB.

DeadKennedys
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:45 PM
You keep mentioning euphoria as if that's the point of hallucinogens.

You do speed to feel "euphoric." You do coke, heroine, meth, uppers, smoke a cig or drink a cup of joe to feel those brief moments of euphoria.

You take hallucinogens for another reason. At least I did, I don't know about you. It's an experience. It can be frightening, frustrating, confusing, intriguing, joyous, and satisfying, the same things you feel everytime you experience something new.

Southwestern indians partake in peyote as a religious and spiritual experience, not to feel jacked up or "euphoric," just as beatnicks, hippies, and regular curious people do in much the same way.

Maybe it's not real, and you can pass it off as a "hallucination," but don't tell me you haven't at least once considered that life is more or less itself and illusion.

But if you're one of those guys who trips and lays back going "Aw mannnn, I'm soooo high" then you're trying too hard or doing it for the wrong reasons. As mitch hedberg so accurately put it, it's not a "real from the heart trip."

I'm not a druggie or anything, but I think there's truth to everything, and you should try most things at least once. I remember Chojin saying a long way back (and I paraphrase) "If you have to spend a day devoted to eating cat shit, just because it might be great, then do it." Or something, so there you go.

And if you don't always want it to "go to shit" (Matt), I hear it's important to have a group of people you deeply trust doing it with you, to kinda ground you. If you're tripping while they're playing Counterstrike or watching Jacob's Ladder, well, your friends suck.

liquidstatik
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM
I like the idea of not knowing what's goin on, myself ;o

noob3
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:50 PM
I've never done acid and I never will! I took mushrooms once and it was okay, but if I had to go buy a drug to get high off of it wouldn't be something like that

I'd go spend my money on some weed or some coca extracts :o

MattJack
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:55 PM
And if you don't always want it to "go to shit" (Matt), I hear it's important to have a group of people you deeply trust doing it with you, to kinda ground you. If you're tripping while they're playing Counterstrike or watching Jacob's Ladder, well, your friends suck.

Well you have to obviously have to do it around a group of people so you don't turn a chainsaw around on yourself to release the demons inside of you. I was with friends and they had places to go and things to do. Looking back in retrospect, I really shouldn't have been like, "Yea I'll just eat this strip and go along for the ride."

Ah regrets.

Oh and the euphoria part is like the first peak. You are all, "ACID IS AWESOME, LIFE IS GREAT." You forgot to realize you peak like 3 or 4 times though, then shit starts going real sour real quick.

MattJack
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:57 PM
I remember playing CS another time for a half a second and my mind seriously thought, "If you die in this game, you die in real life. Stay alive."

Needless to say, best score of my life in CS.

noob3
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't do acid anywhere except my filthy car, parked in the south side & melted chocolate poured all over my dash/console. Preferably at night, armed with a large machete

oh and a beanie with cat ears & eyeballs & a cute nose of course! and maybe dinosaur mittens, the possibilites are endless

MattJack
Feb 21st, 2007, 03:04 PM
lol! Noob you'd be so fucked over. That would be probably the worst circumstances to do it!
If you want to have a blast, just go eat some mushrooms with your girlfriend.

DeadKennedys
Feb 21st, 2007, 03:17 PM
I remember playing CS another time for a half a second and my mind seriously thought, "If you die in this game, you die in real life. Stay alive."

Game over, man, game over!

Probably best you didn't browse I-mockery... you know the motto

kahljorn
Feb 21st, 2007, 09:09 PM
I've never taken a hallucinagen in which the best part of the experience wasn't the bliss and euphoria and feeling of the high. Sure, hallucinations are great i love them and stuff but the feeling the drug gives me in connection to the hallucinations is the best. Hell, I DO DO DRUGS FOR FEELING. And if you were a good drug user so would you. How the hell can you have a "Heart-felt trip" without "Feeling with your heart." Fucking touche am i right? The feelings the drugs give you are their character, hallucinations are just a lame symptom. I think that if "Enlightenment" came out of anything from a high it would be from the way your consciousness feels and reacts -- not from some hallucinations.
For, after all, what is your consciousness composed more of: Feelings, or hallucinations? HMM. Ideas, or images? Our consciousness is motivated by feelings, our feelings sometimes respond to images and other aspects of our sense-perception. I don't know, i really just think drug dummies put too much emphasis on the meaningless.

Let's take this argument down some alternate thought paths. Do you think better when you have a headache, are panicing and feeling like shit, or when you are happy relaxed and feeling great? that's a great point isn't it.

So again, DEAD KENNEDY AND LENOR, I would love to hear your drug "Experiences" that were enlightening or even meaningful and somehow try to apply that meaning to your entire life. Basically, show me how the lesson you learned from a drug trip has proven to be immensly valuable in your life I bet you can't even remember them, if there was such a thing.

and actually ive had some pretty good hallucinations. Crystal DMT is one of the most intense highs it's like being dropped on your head and it doesn't really feel good or euphoric either (until afterwards). The hallucinations are just as strong as the high. You've probably heard of tool and seen the drawings of that one guy. those are based on dmt trips. They actually look exactly like that.
http://www.dreamrevolution.org/emmaworks/images/alex/transfigurations.jpg

they look really similar to that. Also, I know more about enlightenment and eastern mysticism than either of you. Just wanted to throw that out there guys ;o

MattJack
Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:13 AM
Kahl, Alex Grey is the shit. (I hate the band tool btw)

Switching gears a little bit. Do you suggest any other artists that are um, kind of in the same relm as he is? I have little knowledge about current artists, but I know what I do and don't like, Grey being one that I do. I have a taste for the odd and abstract I guess you could say.

Blugh, I wish I knew how to describe what I'm talking about :(

DeadKennedys
Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:42 AM
So again, DEAD KENNEDY AND LENOR, I would love to hear your drug "Experiences" that were enlightening or even meaningful and somehow try to apply that meaning to your entire life. Basically, show me how the lesson you learned from a drug trip has proven to be immensly valuable in your life

http://www.festivalblog.com/archives/images/thumbsucker.jpg

Uhh, that's personal.

Rongi
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
i've been to alex grey's gallery! i'm pretty sure i saw him there talking to some lady.

really really interesting stuff. the guy is obviously a complete nutcase though. I remember seeing a picture of jesus as a green alien, and i dont think it was meant to be funny.

Lenor
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Kahl, You want to hear an experience? How about when I took 25 hits of acid and tracked your idiotic ass down and beat you insensibly until your eyes bleed crimson orange. And then I Broke off your arm and beat you with it.

kahljorn
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
actually there's this one guy who reminds me a lot of alex grey but darker and less drug filled. I'll have to see if I can find him because he has some crazy russian name.
I kind of like tool, some of their music's alright.

I've never been to an alex grey show/party but apparantly they have a lot of them.

Lenor.. wow. Where do I start with that post. 25 hits of acid? what a fucking waste of money for a high a dumbass like you probably couldn't handle. Plus you're going to take 25 hits of acid then track me down? TRACK ME DOWN? ON 25 HITS OF ACID?
"TIME TO TRAC DOWN kahljURN. Let's look at the bagel to see where kahljorn lives... NOT THE BLUEBERRY ONE THE RAISIN ONE IDIOT WHAT ARE YOU THINKING... ok... ok... hold the bagel... look through the hole... OMG KAHLJORN IS A REFRIDGERATOR? YOU GOD DAMNED KAHLJORN YOUVE BEEN HIDING IN MY APARTMENT THIS ENTIRE TIME. COME OUT I WANT TO BEAT YOU CRIMSON ORANGE."
Another interesting idea is that you would takea plane trip on acid to my house. lol. your high would probably disappear on the ride over and it'd be a huge waste of money. plus the plane ticket.
Yea that was a real enlightening experience lenor :rolleyes

Supafly345
Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
You do speed to feel "euphoric." You do coke, heroine, meth, uppers, smoke a cig or drink a cup of joe to feel those brief moments of euphoria.Speed is the fucking definition of an upper. Uppers are not breif, and it isn't exactly euphoria that it delivers. You can be aroused without being happy.
Example: I take perscription uppers (my doctor and pharmacist say its pretty much speed) while I study, because stimulants, similar to adrenaline, give a huge boost to your memory- but I am definitely not euphoric while doing it.

Lenor
Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:32 PM
Honestly kahl, The first time I flew on delta, From Syracuse, NY into Atlanta, GA then a lay-over into fort Meyers, FL. Where I was picked up to Naples, FL. It was 5am, I had taken 4 hits of the Superman Acid with the druggie friends of myn, and we drove the hour to the airport, where I flew, Tripping.

25 hits is NOTHING, Try crossing the border, after hullabaloo, and sitting on a box for 8 and a half hours because its your only 'safe spot'.

You want to know more stories, think I'm only 'fucking around', then ask me. I'd much rather not exploit myself here, as I've done in the past.

kahljorn
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
i just thought it was a dumb idea to take 25 hits and then get on an airplane to find me.

kahljorn
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
you don't even know where i live

Lenor
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:39 PM

That should'nt be all that hard to find. :eek

MattJack
Feb 23rd, 2007, 02:01 AM
i've been to alex grey's gallery! i'm pretty sure i saw him there talking to some lady.

really really interesting stuff. the guy is obviously a complete nutcase though. I remember seeing a picture of jesus as a green alien, and i dont think it was meant to be funny.

Fuckin sweet. Doesn't he have 6 or 7 feet tall paintings that obviously took wayyyyy too much time? I agree on the insane thing though. But isn't that how all the great artists are/were(crazy that is)?

Rongi
Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
yes, he has a lot of gigantic, extremely detailed paintings. i remember one was a picture of christ being crucified with a nuclear explosion in the background

Lenor
Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
I like the album booklet done for Tool's cd.

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
instead of LSD, I'd suggest Peyote...sure, 30 years later, trees will still talk to you, but hell, you only live once, right?

Terra
Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
fuck the trees and give me wood

Lenor
Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
ooo... my mescaline trip. :eek

I was walking through a tunnel of rainbows, and it took about half an hour to walk up 10 stairs, due to me talking to all the bugs that were floating everywhere.

They were nice bugs.

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
fuck the trees and give me wood

I'll give you wood, Baby...

but the trees really do talk to me...

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
ooo... my mescaline trip. :eek

I was walking through a tunnel of rainbows, and it took about half an hour to walk up 10 stairs, due to me talking to all the bugs that were floating everywhere.

They were nice bugs.

I walked outside a friends house after dropping several buttons and, apparently, sat in front of a magnolia tree talking to it for several hours....I wish I could remember what it told me...I still hear whispers...although I wish it were Terra's whispers

liquidstatik
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
you and terra are starting to creep me out ;<

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
Terra is a fucking goddess, man. I want her like I have never wanted anything in my life.

ArrowX
Feb 24th, 2007, 12:15 AM
pix plz

noob3
Feb 24th, 2007, 12:24 AM
lol LONG SLANG DICTIONARY lol

Lenor
Feb 24th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Sorry, but I have to agree about the whole 'creepy' factor. :sad

I'm a princess!

kahljorn
Feb 24th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I still have like 8 trips of DMT i should do soon

it's like the crack of hallucinagens

eggyolk
Feb 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
kahljorn i reckon you hated drugs or something? :lol

Lenor
Feb 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM
DMT, damn kahl! :impressed

kahljorn
Feb 24th, 2007, 11:04 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean eggyolk. You guys act like I hate drugs or never do them just because i don't agree that it necessarily makes you smarter.

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 24th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Sorry, but I have to agree about the whole 'creepy' factor. :sad

I'm a princess!

don't get me started on creepy, Lenor

Terra
Feb 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
don't get me started on creepy, Lenor

mayonaise, horseradish and qaaludes.

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 24th, 2007, 11:53 PM
or a gigantic "Korn" tattoo on your ass...mayo, Quaalude's and horseradish are normal in comparison....

Terra
Feb 25th, 2007, 12:06 AM
your name on my ass instead? quaaludes and horseradish later, maybe?

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 25th, 2007, 12:25 AM
sure, and I'll tattoo your name on my ass
we'll talk about the horseradish and quaaludes later...over drinks.

"Cosmo Electrolux" is going to need a lot of real estate, Baby....you should probably abbreviate.

Terra
Feb 25th, 2007, 12:33 AM
so we tattoo it UP my spine

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 25th, 2007, 12:50 AM
damn, baby...wood again.

Terra
Feb 25th, 2007, 01:00 AM
i love a guy that's get's le wood over a woman that can't spell for shit

Cosmo Electrolux
Feb 25th, 2007, 01:08 AM
I could care less about grammar and spelling...it's what's behind the misspelled words that count.

kahljorn
Feb 25th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I'm glad you guys have managed to turn horseradish a perfectly innocent condiment that i use in almost everything into some sordid sick sexual thing that is probably full of pussyfarts and gross cosmo thoughts so horny that they are sweating with persperation that mimics mayonaise.

noob3
Feb 25th, 2007, 02:13 AM
aslong as they arn't talking about arbyq sauce which is better

kahljorn
Feb 25th, 2007, 07:49 PM
You can't compare BBQ sauce and Horsie sauce. That's like comparing candy and hamburgers.

also horsie sauce sucks compared to real horseradish sauce i love the extreme sinus burn.

MattJack
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:13 PM
I'm white trash, so I loves me some catsup. That stuff is the shit. I'm all, "Yea just gimme that katchup for this prime rib im bout ta eat boy."

Standard BBQ sauce is tied with tha ketchup too.

Fathom Zero
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Honey-Mustard sauce is the shit, though.

MattJack
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Honey Mustard def gets an honorable mention

MattJack
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Regular mustard though :x. If I even SMELL a touch of mustard on any of my food, I start throwing up immediately and sobbing without control. Mustard is the work of the devil.

Fathom Zero
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:35 PM
So wrong.

EXAMPLE:
A coney isn't a coney without mustard, onions, cheese, and chili.

MattJack
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:43 PM
When I eat a chili dog, I eat exactly that. Chili, cheese, hot dog, then add a drunk hunger. Best thing ever. I don't like corndogs though, so don't try and pull that ace up your sleeve out on me. Corndogs are also a work of the devil.

Fathom Zero
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:55 PM
But a lot of corndogs also have honey in the batter. Honey+mustard=Good.

Lenor
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:07 PM
:puke

I can not eat any of that shit!