PDA

View Full Version : Hooooooouseboat

Zomboid
Feb 27th, 2007, 07:09 PM
This summer I'm going to shuswaps, BC with a bunch of my friends on a houseboat :O. Just wondering what people who've done that before thought of it. It should be really fun since we'll just be drinking a lot and it's with 17 pretty good friends, but I'm not sure how much fun you can have on a boat, even if it's this one.

http://twinanchors.com/vacation/houseboat/cciii-floorplan.php

EDIT: They have a ps2 for the tv above the fireplace on this thing :O

FartinMowler
Feb 27th, 2007, 09:23 PM
My sister lives in the Okanagan Valley...I went as a teen a few times (not on a house boat though). You will have a great time :\ don't drown.

noob3
Feb 27th, 2007, 10:57 PM
watch out for robert deniro

Fathom Zero
Feb 27th, 2007, 11:04 PM
And Cary Grant.

That guy is a mad-man.

Goat Cheese
Feb 28th, 2007, 05:20 PM
No houseboat is complete without a floating barbeque.

ArrowX
Feb 28th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Sweet I might be doing the same thing :O I'm going in late July tho.

Zomboid
Feb 28th, 2007, 07:34 PM
No houseboat is complete without a floating barbeque.
This one has a pretty nice one, but it doesn't float.

Arrow- I'm going mid-july. 15-22 I think. I'm gonna have to miss big valley this year cause both trips would be too expensive but oh well.

Fathom Zero
Feb 28th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Oh sweet, it's got a command bridge.

Would you get to drive or do you need a boating license?

Zomboid
Feb 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Just need to be 19, have a driver's license and NOT BE DRUNK, so I'm gonna pass on that. Apparently they give you a 45 minute crash course in how to drive, park, etc and then they let ya go off. You're supposed to dock the boat an hour before night fall but even having the thing docked would be fun because there's tons of stuff to do in the area and even if we stay on the boat there's a ps2 and lots of booze :O

Edit: I just looked again and you can even drive the thing from the living room. That's just downright convenient.

Terra
Mar 1st, 2007, 10:12 AM
bring floaties that hold your beer and smokes

Zomboid
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:41 AM
I don't plan on spending that much time in the water :O. I mean I will, but I'll probably spend most of my time relaxing on the deck of the boat or playing drinking games.

Emu
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:59 AM
TV above the fireplace? That sounds like bad news. :eek

apsham
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Slow moving houseboats are always fun to do circles around and taunt while in a river kayak. True story.

GADZOOKS
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:40 AM
So the curtains match the carpet, eh asphalt?

noob3
Mar 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
communist cock?