PDA

View Full Version : Day of Media Observence

Gabby GaGa
Mar 4th, 2007, 01:58 AM
have you seen Ed Gein. or perhaps Zodiac?

Human nature contains good and evil, two polar contradictions. Films digressing degenerate behavior are unnerving to most audiances (hence that darling gem known as the media!). However, have we ever really looked closely, and examined why we love these tales of horror?

It's because the evil elements of our nature are laid before us, shocking us because
we all see parts of ourselves in the characters. Dark elements like feelings of isolation, revenge, and inadequet persona are reflected in the most disturbing peoples of society.

Has anyone seen Dahmer?

While I find evil acts such as his unquestionably unnacceptable, I recognize that
the reason we are entertained by death
is because it seems to be an underlying part of society?

what do you think?

Preechr
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Yeah, totally, man...

kahljorn
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:17 AM
this shit's deep. I don't even know if we can wade through it.

remember wade from that garfield cartoon?

kahljorn
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:19 AM
you think the reason we might be interested in something is because it's relevant to our lives?

Lenor
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Dahmer, thought a dog was talking to him, and convincing him to do what he did. He had little to no self esteem or social skills. Therefore, becoming angry with the inability to talk to female's, found a way to get around that whole pesky law of 'consensual' sex.

Charles Manson, used a shit load of LSD on unsuspecting females, to brainwash them into believing he was Gandhi and manipulating them into doing his dirty work for him. While he never killed anyone himself, he sits in prison. for sitting back and letting drugs get him what he wants.

While, I could go on about the several other 'infamous' serial killers. Who baffled the world, and gave parents nightmares. The main thing they had in common, was their mental health.

Ant10708
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Dahmer didn't talk to his dog, the son fo sam did.

Lenor
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:48 PM
So, then jeffrey dahmer ate people.

mew barios
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
gabby gaga i've never said this to anyone before in my life but i think i hate you D:

Lenor
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:45 PM
On a retraction of what I wrote before, Ted Bundy killed only woman, due to his inability to deal with a female that is in 'more control' then him. He was married, and a valued member of the community.

Jeffrey Dahmer raped and killed males, and after leaving them in his freezer, would eat them.

True though that son of sam hallucinated, had a wife and family, yet felt no control in his life, that he had to gain it by raping and killing woman.

And then 'jack the ripper' ,(I do believe??), who still to this day was never identified. Was the most sadistic mass murderer of all time. Van Gogh was often to have thought to be the one responsible, yet now forensic scientist, believe it was just a ordinary guy that did it for no reason but to only humor himself.

Grislygus
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I was reading up on something about Jack the Ripper a few months back, and the prime suspect is an artist, I believe. Something about a painting of nude woman, with red ribbon draped over her in a similar way to the wounds on one of the Ripper's victims. Also something about his movements between America, France, and Britain.

Grislygus
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Also, I'm fascinated with horror films due to ten years of night terrors and nightmares, you pretentious douche.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Im impressed, Lenor. You have a good databank in that mind.
Dahmer was subject to his absent yet methodically cruel mother, and his overwhelmingly
tightlaced father. Dahmers homosexual tendancies resulted from his unusuall devotion to his mother.
While his mother was a goddess, she was also solace and harsh consquence. When his parents
divorced, this put more strain on his already emotionally underdeveloped mind. Again,
his homosexual tendancies kicked in. His first crime refleceted the feminine idea of "The
everlasting". Drugging his victims, killing them, and keeping them in the freezer was
similar to the feminine idea of the Doll, a companion that never threatens abandonment.
Ironically, Dahmer converted to christianity,
shortyly before being killed by a man who claimed to be the Christ.

just a ordinary guy that did it for no reason but to only humor himself.

Smart girl.
This is what I see reflected in the news, media, and video games.
We only kill to humor ourselves. No other logical reason.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Also, I'm fascinated with horror films due to ten years of night terrors and nightmares, you pretentious douche.

The fault would lie with your enviroment.
Night terrors are expressions of childhood fears.
Who's there in childhood?
Yo momma.

pretentious douche.

Thats pretentious User of douches

Grislygus
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Holy shit, my overactive imagination IS my mother's fault! Thank you, Dr Freud!

Lenor
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Gris, I mentioned Van Gogh in my post. They have no significant proof, since apparently this guy left little to no tracks. Often, propositioning prostitutes, and mortifying their bodies. Since, he lived in that time era and place of the murders; being as the woman were so significantly dismembered, the idea that it was the work of only a 'true' artist, with a 'tortured soul' had the ability to do some horrifying crimes.
In the past couple of years, top forensic scientist, have been working on the crimes by these 'infamous' mass murderer's. and apparently found a piece of hair on the 'Mary' woman, (don't quote me on the name) that did not match up to Vincent Van Gogh's. So, a new theory is being worked on. Thus, this woman was a prostitute, so how much hair was on her anyways, especially during her 'working hours'?

Grislygus
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Van Gogh wasn't the artist that I read about. I wish I could find the damned article.

MattJack
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:59 PM
:lol Van Gogh totally did it! Mystery solved!

Lenor
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I often either forget or mix-up certain names, but the theoretical facts that I post, are all from memory. I guess being a psych major doesn't hurt either, although makes me quite weary of some of the people who post on this board that could potentially turn into the next serial killer of the year.

Maybe roger will give them a little badge to use for their signature, if they make it on 'America's Most Wanted' . :lol

MattJack
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Sweet! You know the "father of psychology" did coke on a regular basis for a good period of his life? :LOL

http://www.unipv.it/deontica/Gallpics/classici/freud.jpg

I'VE BEEN STUDYING THE HUMAN PSYCHE FOR LIKE 24 HOURS SO FAR AND THINGS ARE GETTING PRETTY DEEP I SURE AM LEARNING A WHOLE LOT ESPECIALLY ABOUT DREAMS IM TOTALLY PEERING IN TO HOW PEOPLES DEEP SEEDED MENTAL CONFLICTS AND SH*T CAUSE ELEPHANTS IN DREAMS REALLY MEAN FATHERS AND ALL KINDS OF STUFF LIKE THAT
MAN I NEED A BUMP

Grislygus
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I hope you realize that you're much less interesting than the pseudointellectual gothtard.

MattJack
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Oh noes! Grisly is insulting me! Oh noes oh noes oh noesssssssss

Lenor
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Matt, ironic that he is world renowned for his work; and your laughing on a message board, about his coke habit.

While, nobody laughs with you.

Gris, if you find the article, stating whom the 'artist' is, make sure and post it. This thread is one, of the very few, that has potential and should not be ruined.

MattJack
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry I find it funny. I don't need Grisly or you to laugh for me to find it funny. I just find it funny. They say I'm NASTY but I don't give a damn.

MattJack
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I made this for yall.

"Dr. Jones'n"
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3566fd2282.gif

Grislygus
Mar 4th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Ignoramuses aside, the artist in question was Walter Sickert. There was a theory that he was an accomplice in the 70s, and a more recent book claims that he was Jack the Ripper himself.

The newer book largely relies on melodrama and sketchy dna 'evidence'. Haven't found any info about ties between individual paintings and the murders, though, which is something that I specifically remember reading about.

Lenor
Mar 4th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Gris, according to what I have either read or seen, involving 'JTR', mention of him using a accomplice is a first. From the theory's, I have come across, is he did everything solely on his own. Also, the mentioning of a 'Black Top Hat' often came about, to be some vital clue as to the unmasking of his true identity.

A friend of myn, owns a movie that is completely based on JTR's massacre throughout Brittan, etc.

Truthfully, I neither have heard of 'Walter Sickert' as the supposed artist.

I might have to do a little research, using the university library.

sloth
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Hahaha. Are you really a psych major, Lenor? Because that makes your hackneyed pop-psychology musings even funnier.

sspadowsky
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Lenor- David Berkowitz, aka Son of Sam, was not married and had no children. Please refrain from letting your ass do any further speaking on your behalf.

Lenor
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Lenor- David Berkowitz, aka Son of Sam, was not married and had no children. Please refrain from letting your ass do any further speaking on your behalf.

:blah my ass apologizes for the inconvenience of not being able to give you 100%.

On the other hand, 4-1 isn't all that bad. So, as was pointed out to me, I yet have still to 'research'. But, what I did remember is that his mom was still alive the entire time he went on his 'spree'. Now, if anyone else has anything to contribute to this, rather then piffy retorts on me. I'm all ears, figuratively speaking of course.

sspadowsky
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:25 PM
:blah my ass apologizes for the inconvenience of not being able to give you 100%.

On the other hand, 4-1 isn't all that bad. So, as was pointed out to me, I yet have still to 'research'. But, what I did remember is that his mom was still alive the entire time he went on his 'spree'. Now, if anyone else has anything to contribute to this, rather then piffy retorts on me. I'm all ears, figuratively speaking of course.

Hey, no sweat. You have fact-checking ability quite literally at your fingertips, but it's a free country, so you're welcome to sound like an idiot if you want to.

EDIT: For instance, dictionary.com will tell you that "piffy" isn't a word.

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I like how her idea of intelligence is spouting off "Facts" rather than developing any type of understanding from them.
I.E. that Charles Manson example of brainwashing people was something i almost used in that LSD thread, and yet she still thinks LSD/Drugs are enlightening.

I always thought Lenor being a psych major was kind of funny as well. Especially since she's going to be a sex therapist. Why even go to college? Not that I'm saying all sex therapists are worthless, but I'm sure you'll write hundreds of books that will go into the Borders (book store) psychology section, right next to, "Why men love bitches" and, "How to satisfy men with your pocket-watch (and other items of antiquity)."

Lenor
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Kahl, do you have a natural auto-reflex to turn everything I've said or done, and attempt to diminish any credibility toward me? I am not 'spouting off facts', rather conversing about theory's that others and myself have heard. More or less I was 'learning' from sspadowski, when he corrected me in his comment; I never dismissed it, and told him he was wrong. Your thread on LSD was very construed. I never said that I have had an 'enlightened' experience every time I do drugs. You accused me of not having any real experience on LSD or other's, and I made a justified attempt to prove otherwise.

Last time I checked, my choice of career, had nothing to do with this thread. The need to bring it up time after time, shows very little character on you. Your opinions are not those that will make or break my life. My other major is Journalism, there's more material for you to work off of.

Barnes and Noble, much better then borders, but thanks for the compliment. Those books are the most popular with woman in their 30's.

MattJack
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:15 PM
"How To Please Your Woman" by MattJack

CHAPTER 1
Kiss her where it smells funny for foreplay. Afterwards when she is talking about mindless garbage that you could care less about while your favorite episode of M*A*S*H is on, pretend you care.
You really don't have to listen to any words, just pauses in her conversation (with herself). When a pause comes say things like,
"Yea"
"Uh-huh I see"
"That's cool/not cool"
"Really? Explain."
"No way!"

Repeat as necessary.

----------------------------------------------------

U GUYZ THINK I CAN BE A PSYCHE MAJOR TOO?

Lenor
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:11 PM
sure, if you plan on re-titling that book to 'how to end up sleeping on the couch' .

Gabby GaGa
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Interesting, Lenor. I studied psychology for some time, and was going major in it.
instead, I majored in Human sexuality. Came in handy when I was a burlesque dancer.
The subject is fascinating. Funny how men seem to think that women who read the Kama Sutra
must not have read anything else.
We must talk more. I love journalism.
Anyway, that’s aside from the point.
I always pegged Berkowitz as a hunter. The idea that humans are the most dangerous animal is true.
The contradiction, though, lies in that hunting is survival, not entertainment.
I wonder if some killers are not so much perverse,
but rather bored. Hunting, stalking, obsession,
seems to come from those of a mediocre background.
Trailer trash is probably a whole culture of serial killers waiting to happen.

Lenor
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Although, some of which grew up in suburbia, along with the white picket fence and dog.

I don't know if I can agree with all of that. But I can understand your point of view.

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:47 PM
ather conversing about theory's that others and myself have heard.

I'm just guessing without having reread this thread but you didn't so much converse about theories as state "Facts" about serial killers.

look this new person can be a shining example of what you will become. A burlesque dancer.

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:55 PM
After having reread this thread i found your theory:

"The main thing they [,serial killers,] had in common, was their mental health."

brilliant!

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM
ps the biggest common feature between "Serial killers" and murderers is a bad family or social setting. Abusive fathers are fairly prominent.

Lenor
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Kahl, comments coming from you, are rapidly becoming not worth to pay any attention too. After hearing the same shtick again and again, its only more empty each time.

sloth
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Funny how men seem to think that women who read the Kama Sutra must not have read anything else.
oh shut up and go back to reading antony lavey will you

this isnt about gender stereotyping, this is about pulling contrived pseudo-intellectualism out of your arse.

Lenor
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:33 PM
It is Antone LaVey.

Passage found from his forum:

ADHD Inattentive

I started this topic because I am interested in different beliefs and I would rather talk to one rather than read about one (Satanist).

I have a couple of questions, so I will just number them-

1. Why do you choose such a path in life?

2.christains believe that you go to heaven when you die, what about you?

3.what are your rules/commandments if any?

4.If Christians see the devil as evil then how do you see god?

5.are demons like angels in your belief?

6.I heard that their are churches that are satanic, do you attend them, if so how do they differ from a Christians?

7.what is the history of your belief?

Those are just a couple that I have. I don’t even know if their are any Satanists on this forum but if their are please answer.

P.S. I’m not here to judge you

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Satanists worship the ego in praise of lucifer, the individual (wanted to have as much power as god). I think some are theist (the dumb ones mostly, probably), but most are nontheist and atheist.apply to your questions. bbl w/ morei have meat cookin

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM
ps perndog :rolleyes

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:09 PM
you know you can go to the church of satan website and get all of that information.. you can also find the satanic bible thing online if you search for it. INTERNET
sspad gave you some advice about that earlier try it out hubub.

Lenor
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:19 PM
kahl, I didn't ask for those questions to be asked by anyone. I found the thread on the forum on his site.

I thought the 'adhd inattentive' aspect of it, was ironic.

Jeanette X
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:08 PM
On a retraction of what I wrote before, Ted Bundy killed only woman, due to his inability to deal with a female that is in 'more control' then him. He was married, and a valued member of the community.

Ted Bundy was not married at the time of the murders.

True though that son of sam hallucinated, had a wife and family, yet felt no control in his life, that he had to gain it by raping and killing woman.

The Son of Sam (David Berkowitz) had no wife and kids, and he didn't rape anyone, and he killed men too.

And then 'jack the ripper' ,(I do believe??), who still to this day was never identified. Was the most sadistic mass murderer of all time.

Horseshit. Jack the Ripper was a fairy fucking godmother compared to other serial killers.

Van Gogh was often to have thought to be the one responsible, yet now forensic scientist, believe it was just a ordinary guy that did it for no reason but to only humor himself.

Van Gogh was in France when Jack the Ripper killed those people! How fucking obtuse can you possibly be?!

Stop trying to sound intelligent by talking about subjects that you clearly know nothing about and are too stupid to even Google.

Preechr
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Thank you.

Go ruin somebody else's part of the board, why don'tcha?

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:26 PM
yea that was real ironic

don't you mean a retarded non-incidental coincidence?

Preechr
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:28 PM
STOP POKING IT

kahljorn
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:32 PM
fine
we never get to make fun of stupid people on this message board anymore

Preechr
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:35 PM
It's called Mock-Wars. You should try it sometime.

Jeanette X
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:54 PM
In my blind fury at the sheer idiocy of Lenor's post, I didn't bother to read through the thread, and thus failed to see that my points had already been made.

I naturally blame Lenor for this. >:

Gabby GaGa
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I may be a burlesque dancer,
but at least I'm not critizizing the same topic in the same manner.
in a repetitive fashion that gets quite dull to those of us with at least two brain
cells.

Funny, that you should say how stupid I am.
when my thread has gotten more replys
then any of yours.

we never get to make fun of stupid people on this message board anymore
says the man with a squid on his head.

Indeed, Bundy was a suburban cracker. He's proof positive
that charisma will entrap anything.
(hint, hint, government)
On the next note,
Satanists don't worship anything. They believe themselves to be gods.
An idea derived from hindu practices.
They dont believe in any god, or any "devil"
note: devil is a european term used to describe any Peon of satan,
not the actual lucifer.
I believe in a bit of every religion.
Hinduism, Buddhism, Satanism, and some African ideas.

Satanists tend to behave high and mightily. Some of their ideas are excellent,
but the Goth-kid scene don't tickle my fancy.

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:02 AM
If we could possible get back to the original topic at hand, that would be great. Their are a thousand new kids on the board, that would love the attention, you waste on me. I've been here long enough to let your insults, pass right on by.

So, if anyone has anything other then how stupid I am, to say in this thread. That is about what we were originally discussing. That would be cool.

Jeanette X
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:22 AM
If we could possible get back to the original topic at hand, that would be great. Their are a thousand new kids on the board, that would love the attention, you waste on me. I've been here long enough to let your insults, pass right on by.

But my dear, you are such a wonderful subject...I have yet to find a another target that provides me with so much wonderful material and is so much fun to insult.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Gabby, I think everyone figured out you were an idiot when you were impressed with lenor, somebody nobody respects for their intelligence.

I dare you to find just one repetitive comment besides when I said she only discusses facts that aren't even correct rather than theories, and that only because she said she didn't.
I've discussed a wider range of topics than you two vagina hoosiers.

Two braincells is right, between the two of you.

"Satanists don't worship anything. They believe themselves to be gods."

thanks for repeating what i said, retarded face. BUT I GUESS IM DULL AND UNINTERESTING AND ONLY TALK ABOUT THE SAME REPETITIVE THINGS

"when my thread has gotten more replys
then any of yours."

First off, I've had threads with some length associated to them before. Secondly, the only reason this thread is so long is because everyone is calling you an idiot. If this thread was only you, lenor and anything else of relevance to your topic that wasn't just correcting your guy's stupidity, it probably wouldn't even stretch past one page.
You're essentially being proud of your stupidity to attract people who are actually smart.

"An idea derived from hindu practices. "

Most interesting thing you've said so far, and not interesting because it's true or thought provoking. Where in hindu practices did you get the idea that there is any type of egotism and worshiping of the self? I mean egotism and worshipping the self as god and crap came from a religion about disassociating yourself from reality, ascetic practices, devotion to various gods destruction of the self etc. etc.?
silliness supreme! Again, though, how does the idea derive from hindu practices.
In hinduism gods are distinctly gods, and humans are distinctly humans. I'm sorry. The thing you might be confusing is that ascetics who practice austerities/self-mortification can gain spiritual power which the gods fear. Austerities and self-mortification obviously aren't worshipping yourself as god, though, because uh people who do them end up "Mortified" and parts of their body wither and die.
The other thing you might be mistaking is ishta devata which is where you worship a "personal god".
I seriously just don't get where you got that from, satanism is so completely different than hinduism/buddhism/jainism/anyindianphilosophy.

And by the way you idiots ihave discussed your dumb little topic you guys are just too retarded to pay attention to anything that's not retarded. It's not like any of us are responding to shit that isn't in this thread. If you don't want people to call you stupid, quit flaunting it.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:11 AM
and since when is a lot of replies to a thread indicative of the intelligence of the poster?

That line of logic is a better indication of the intelligence of the poster.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Sir, I highly doubt you have any credits beyond highschool.
As far as hinduism goes, I dont think you want to go down that path with me.
I've been to India three times,
and lived in the middle of the culture.
The hindu is the most world and image obsessed, second to the christian.
They're so engulfed in sexuality and dionyssian pleasure, that they believe sex shall
lead to enlightenment. They also believe that self-punishment, or even prolonged
meditation will lead to a godly state.
There is a basic similarity between all religions, and that is that most followers believe
that god contains all things. The hindu atticipates a life of absorbing all the delights
of the senses. Because they experiance love, pain, and pleasure to its highest degree,
they bilieve themselves to be gods, because who else but a god would know all experiances..
How do I know Anton LaVay derived parts of his ideas from hinduism? Because I met him on
numerous occassions, most noteably in '96, when i was invited to his manor.
I've had direct conversations with the man, so I think i know a little more about his mindset
then you.
"and since when is a lot of replies to a thread indicative of the intelligence of the poster?"
Because, like all other things,
brilliance lies in the propriator of propaganda.
Stupid or bright,
it still catches the eye of the masses.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Stupid is right.
Way to be proud.

"The hindu atticipates a life of absorbing all the delights
of the senses."

"They also believe that self-punishment, or even prolonged
meditation will lead to a godly state."

Did you know that that "Godly state" is devoid of self? It's liberation from "Death and rebirth". Do you know what samsara is? It has to do with attachments to worldly things. Moksha means to be liberated from the self and all egotistical desires. Most indian philosophies have a fundamental nature of nothingness, or pure existence, beneath them that we strive to reach. Or "Union with Brahman."
The purpose of austerities is to cut yourself off from Pleasure. The point of every yogic step is to disassociate from self.
sex leading to enlightenment im pretty sure is tantric ;o
Anyway, some of that union with god stuff comes from sufism anyway, so you're still wrong.

"The hindu atticipates a life of absorbing all the delights
of the senses."

Yea and also that doing that is a fucking "sin" and will keep you on earth and you'll be reincarnated as bugs or you'll goto hell.

Bitch just look up the word ASCETIC:
as·cet·ic http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gif http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fbrowse%2 Fascetic) /əˈsɛthttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-set-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun 1.a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self-mortification for religious reasons. 2.a person who leads an austerely simple life, esp. one who abstains from the normal pleasures of life or denies himself or herself material satisfaction. 3.(in the early Christian church) a monk; hermit. –adjective Also, as·cet·i·cal. 4.pertaining to asceticism. 5.rigorously abstinent; austere: an ascetic existence. 6.exceedingly strict or severe in religious exercises or self-mortification.
[Origin: 1640–50; < Gk askétikós subject to rigorous exercise, hardworking, equiv. to aské- (see askesis (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=askesis)) + -tikos -tic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=-tic)http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png]

—Related formsas·cet·i·cal·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 3. anchorite, recluse; cenobite. 5. strict, frugal, plain. 6. fanatic.
—Antonyms 5. self-indulgent.

case dismissed you dumb twat.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:00 AM
The gradual abandonment of desires until their ultimate extinction could be effected, was essential both to yoga and to Buddhism. It is true that the Upanishads do not speak of the extinction of desires, but they certainly praise self-control as an indispensable desideratum. There is indeed the law of karma which requires that every person reap the fruits of his actions, whether good or bad, and that if the life of the present birth is not sufficient for the experience of the sufferings or the joys which are put to his account in accordance with the measure of his vice or virtue, he will enjoy or suffer the fruits of his deeds in another birth. So, in an endless chain of births and rebirths, moves on the cyclic destiny of man. All his rebirths are due to the fact that he is filled with desires, and for their fulfillment he performs actions out of attachments, passions, antipathies, etc. By the law of karma (which acts automatically according to some, and is controlled by the will of God according to others) he enjoys or suffers the fruits of his actions in this or in subsequent births. So if the successive chain of births is to be terminated, the accretion of the fruits of karma must be stopped, and if the accretion of karma is to be stopped, desire must be p. 96
rooted out. I shall not enter into the subtle question as to whether the place of superior importance belongs to karma or to the extinction of desires in the Hindu, Buddhist and Jaina schemes of life. Whichever of the two may be considered the more important in each particular Hindu or Buddhist system of thought, they are nevertheless indissolubly connected. For out of desires come the actions and their fruits, and out of actions and the enjoyment or suffering of their fruits of pleasures or sorrows come further desires, and so on. However, if one looks at the matter psychologically, the extinction of desires may be considered the more important, since it is for Indian philosophy the indispensable ethical desideratum for all spiritual achievement. If the ultimate freedom of the spirit and the cessation of the cycle of births and rebirths be the ultimate ethical and spiritual goal, this can only be attained by the extinction of desires and the termination of the accretion of the fruits of our deeds. The development of the ideal of tapas is a direct result of this ideal of the extinction of desires. It was probably thought in some circles that control of desires implies on its positive side the idea of self-mortification. Logically it certainly does not. But the mistaken transition is easy. So there grew up a system of practice in which people thought that self-mortifications are of the highest merit and are capable of giving anything that might be desired. Soon degeneration set in. Self-mortifications were probably introduced as supplementary to the control of desires. They then came to be practiced for the indulgence of desires for
p. 97
attaining heaven or superior power, and thus began to perform functions similar to those that were ascribed to sacrifices in Vedic circles. 11
The Buddha himself, as the legendary account of Ashvaghosha's Buddhacharita relates, directs the same criticisms as the above against the practice of self-mortification. He deplores the fact that, after leaving all worldly comforts, relatives and friends, men should with all these self-mortifications called tapas, desire only the satisfaction of desires. People are afraid of death, but when they seek the satisfaction of desires this leads to births, and thus they again face death of which they are afraid. If self-mortification is by itself productive of virtue, then the enjoyment of pleasures must be vicious. But if it is believed that virtue produces pleasures or happiness, and if pleasures are vices, then virtue produces vice, which is self-contradictory.
-----------------------------------------------

I like the ending to that. I got it from sacred-texts.com

Jeanette X
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:33 PM
The hindu is the most world and image obsessed, second to the christian.
They're so engulfed in sexuality and dionyssian pleasure, that they believe sex shall
lead to enlightenment. They also believe that self-punishment, or even prolonged
meditation will lead to a godly state.
There is a basic similarity between all religions, and that is that most followers believe
that god contains all things. The hindu atticipates a life of absorbing all the delights
of the senses. Because they experiance love, pain, and pleasure to its highest degree,
they bilieve themselves to be gods, because who else but a god would know all experiances..

Gabby may be incredibly stupid, but she is partially correct in that a very small sect of Hindu Tantrists know as Vamachara do believe something like this. However, being the brainless person that she is, she generalized this tiny sect to encompass all of Hinduism and chooses to ignore its wide diversity in order to bolster her arguement. :blah

Cosmo Electrolux
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM
her sentence structure and psuedo poetic meter makes me want to
kill someone
barbed wire and garrote
drawing life from flesh
my sphincter tightens and relaxes
oops, I may have farted. the odor of fish
and unwashed socks wafts pasts my nostrils
and nauseates me..and excites me at the same time
I wonder of JFK liked the smell of his own farts
or Jesus

KevinTheOmnivore
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM
QUICK, HAS ANYONE BEEN TO INDIA FOUR TIMES!?!?

KevinTheOmnivore
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
"Funny, that you should say how stupid I am.
when my thread has gotten more replys
then any of yours. "

It's THAN, good grief!

sspadowsky
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Thank you, Kevin. That shit drives me insane.

I want all of the Americans in this thread to go back and re-read your posts (and by "all of the Americans," I mean the ones who write like they have room-temperature IQs). After re-reading them, with all of their horrific spelling and grammatical errors, total disregard for sentence structure, or, in some cases, any semblance of rational thought, I want you to realize something: In the history of this board, there have been at least half a dozen members whose first language isn't even English, and they have a far better grasp of it than you do.

I refuse to give up on this. Get back to Remedial English on the double. For Christ's sake, you're on the fucking internet. If you're not sure what a word means, LOOK IT UP, or, in some cases [wink wink nudge nudge], check to see if it exists.

As I've stated previously, this is a free country, so no one's forcing you to do anything; however, if you don't want to be treated like a fucking moron, then don't write like one.

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Talk about diversity. :sarcastic

Way to go, Kevin , with the keen observation.

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:38 PM
A New Guide to Rational Living
Albert Ellis and Robert Harper

Rational Thinking [Maxie Maultsby]
1.based on observable facts, not subjective opinion
2.focus on preservation of life
3.produces personally defined life goals more quickly
4.prevents undesirable personal/environmental conflict
** events in life are never awful, only unfortunate, same can be said for people**
Activating Experience/Event à à à à Belief System –we have control over this
|X| |
Wrong!!!! |X| NO!!!! |
|X| |
Emotional Consequence ß ß ß ß ß ß ß ß ß |

Avoid using higher-ordered abstractions [Alfred Korzybski]

- awful à unfortunate
- terrible à disadvantageous
- horrible à frustrating
- catastrophic à inconvenient

Irrational Idea No. 1
à idea that you MUST have love or approval from all the people you find significant
Irrational Idea No. 2
à idea that you MUST prove thoroughly competent, adequate, achieving or MUST have competence or talent in something important
Irrational Idea No. 3
à idea that when people act obnoxiously and unfairly, you should blame/damn them, and see them as bad, wicked, rotten individuals
Irrational Idea No. 4
à idea that you have to view things as aweful, terrible, horrible, and catastrophic when you get seriously frustrated, treated unfairly, or rejected
Irrational Idea No. 5
à idea that emotional misery comes from external pressures and that you have little ability to control or change your feelings

sspadowsky
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Thank you for reinforcing my point.

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Irrational Idea No. 6
à idea that if something seems dangerous or fearsome, you must preoccupy yourself with and make yourself feel anxious about it
Irrational Idea No. 7
à idea that you can more easily avoid facing many life difficulties and self responsibilities than undertake more rewarding forms of self discipline
Irrational Idea No. 8
à idea that you past remains all important and that because something once strongly influenced your life, it has to keep determining your feelings and behavior today
Irrational Idea No. 9
à idea that people and things should turn out better than they do and that you MUST view it as aweful and horrible if you do not find good solutions to life’s grim realities
Irrational Idea No. 10
à idea that you can achieve maximum human happiness by inertia and inaction or by passively and uncommittedly “enjoying yourself”

sspadowsky
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I'm just curious, Lenor: Are you typing that shit yourself? If you're not, I'd suggest copying and pasting from a source whose spelling and grammar are not as deplorable as yours.

KevinTheOmnivore
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I don't care if someone uses poor grammar or bad spelling here. BUT, if you're going to come in here and start counting college credits, you damn well better proofread your shit 3-4 times before hitting submit!

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I'm just curious, Lenor: Are you typing that shit yourself? If you're not, I'd suggest copying and pasting from a source whose spelling and grammar are not as deplorable as yours.

I think it would be apparent, I copied it straight from the source; but if you would like to argue that it's an un-known documented source, why not take your own advice and look it up yourself.

sspadowsky
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Well, you see, I was on the fence about the possibility that there was someone else whose written communication sucks as badly as yours does, and then it occurred to me: "Why would I want to take time to search for yet another person who is as inarticulate as you?"

Since you insist on being obtuse, I will spell out for you (again) my point that you can't even make sense when you use someone else's words.

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:18 PM
heh, isn't that a triangle? :rolleyes

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:14 PM
how ironic that out of all the sources she would use she would use Alfred Korzybski, founder of general semantics, a philosopher of language. He said that using correct language is necessary to express meaning properly. Also that our perception and experience of the world is often rooted in our language, but that was an idea already around (i think). Somewhat similar to Sapir-Wharf.
lol :(

You know she just uses google search to find something to support her.

Wikipedia:
In simplified form, the "essence" of Korzybski's work was the claim that human beings are limited in what they know by (1) the structure of their nervous systems, and (2) the structure (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structure) of their languages. Human beings cannot experience the world directly, but only through their "abstractions" (nonverbal impressions or "gleanings" derived from the nervous system, and verbal indicators expressed and derived from language). Sometimes our perceptions and our languages actually mislead us as to the "facts" with which we must deal. Our understanding of what is going on sometimes lacks similarity of structure with what is actually going on. He stressed training in awareness of abstracting, using techniques that he had derived from his study of mathematics and science. He called this awareness, this goal of his system, "consciousness of abstracting." His system included modifying the way we approach the world, e.g., with an attitude of "I don't know; let's see," to better discover or reflect its realities as shown by modern science. One of these techniques involved becoming inwardly and outwardly quiet, an experience that he called, "silence on the objective levels."

he also created English Prime or whatever in which you talk without using the word "Is" ot "To be". The reason you do this is to avoid associating with something on an eternal basis (that one's hard to explain). Like if you said "John is flying" it means he's in a state of flight and according to the statement he should never stop flying because he IS flight, plus john himself is not actually flying. It just happens to be a place he's at in one certain time, thus he says we should say things like, "John is currently in an airplane flying to australia."
He also invented "The map is not the territory" which is an extension of that and means that.. for example, a book about god isn't actually god. Um.. a... map is not the same as the territory it represents. crap like that. Basically, our ideas or abstractions of things aren't the same as the concrete physical objects/processes they are supposed to represent.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
"à idea that you can achieve maximum human happiness by inertia and inaction or by passively and uncommittedly “enjoying yourself”"

lol yea your little friend understands that ideal am i right.

why did you pick these to "Support" you? Or really, to make you look smart? Because you just look retarded. You don't share any of the traits he is talking about, and I doubt either one of you has ever sincerely tried to improve yourself.

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I didn't google any of that. :eek

A good friend of myn, sent me a copy of it several months ago.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
what's the difference between googling it and receiving it in an e-mail? Go read a book, jackass. Try to actually improve yourself and use your brain instead of being a constant bane.

how do you like that rhyme

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Kahl, what in hell are you talking about?

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Irrational thinking came up, so I posted a article. I never said that I wrote it, had anything to do with it, nor anyone that I know.

I look stupid?

Your criticizing me, on behalf of someone else's work. Why, would it bother me?

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Irrational Idea No. 7
à idea that you can more easily avoid facing many life difficulties and self responsibilities than undertake more rewarding forms of self discipline

Irrational Idea No. 8
à idea that you past remains all important and that because something once strongly influenced your life, it has to keep determining your feelings and behavior today

Irrational Idea No. 10
à idea that you can achieve maximum human happiness by inertia and inaction or by passively and uncommittedly “enjoying yourself”

read those then reread what i said. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out, unless you're as stupid as everyone thinks you are.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm not criticizing the work, I like Alfred Korzybski. Obviously, you posted it without understanding the meaning, and that is what I'm talking about. If you post something, expect it to be discussed. Otherwise, don't post it.

What I'm doing is applying the meaning of alfred korzysbki to your retarded face.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I don't know maybe you don't get the irony of posting something to look smart that only makes you look even dumber.
To me it's slightly on the hilarious side.

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:43 PM
err.. does'nt matter.

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Yes I already covered that aspect of your behavior:
Irrational Idea No. 7

MattJack
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Kahl you are nasty

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Yea I was going to add, "I'm a fucking jerk" onto my last post :(

MattJack
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM
noooooooo. I was throwing you the alley oop so you could slam dunk with:

But I don't give a damn

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM
BUT I DONT GIVE A DAMN

MattJack
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:07 PM
high five

kahljorn
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Down low!!!
actually I am kind of high though ;o

basketball analogies are great. I should start using them more often to explain psychology.

Lenor
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Dammit Matt, you sure got me there!

Walking fucking brain trust you sure are.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:01 AM
What's truly funny?
If I'm so damned stupid,
why are you people writing 500+ word responses?
I've given you fools something to talk about
Why don't I spell check or even bother to read my documents over?
Because I'm not keen on impressing people who spend every waking moment on the Internet.
For gods sakes, get out and DO something.
Creative vandalism could be involved.
Unlike certain individuals,
I'm not sitting here scrutinizing my work, thinking "Will the INTERNET junkies accept me"
NO! NO THEY WON"T!! I need to REWRITE THIS!!!!!
and consequently spend the next 20 minutes plotting in which way
I can "zing" the messageboard bitch.
My writing earned me two awards and a book deal.
what has your done?
hmm?
For Hinduism:
My dear sir,
You have your half-ass on backwards. Buddhism (teachings of Siddartha) is the sect
that strives for nothingness. Siddartha developed his ideas in Retaliation to Hinduism
because he saw that the world was too involved with itself.
Do you even know the origins or history of Hinduism?
sounds like you don't.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:20 AM
yes. I think you're the one who doesn't know the history.

the first form of vedic hinduism is filled with violent gods, not humans becoming gods and living a life of luxury. Dumbass. The word bliss doesn't mean living in pleasure, it means not living at all.
Just like in Turiya the ultimate step is disassociation from self and mind entirely, and entering nothingness. Or how Moksha is entering nothingness, or union with everything (same difference). Samsara or the wheel of life and death comes from hinduism, and one of the meanings of it is that remaining attached to worldly pleasures will have you reincarnated as a jerkcow.
Secondly, yoga dumbhead. Do you know the eight steps of yoga? What are the first three if not disassociation from the self.. and then one pointed meditation. not pointed on the self.
you don't understand the purpose of spirituality at all. Why do they even differentiate between the self and the supreme self (atman) at all if it's all about worshipping of the self? It's about worshipping of a supreme, godly self that is far beyond the self of worldly pleasures.
What about MOKSHA? Do you even know what that or Samadhi means?

thepoint of hindu philosophy is to uh gain the truth by removing your self and own personal bias from situations/thought, much like any other philosophy in the entire world. You're so stupid.

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:23 AM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d43b1fcc2b.jpg

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:31 AM
from the university of virginia.

The Indus Valley Civilization thrived in Northwest India from the middle of the third milleniumB.C. to the middle of the second millenium B.C. The civilization was a well developed culture centered aroundtwo major cities, Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa. 6 (http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/hinduism.html#6) Indo-Aryans, a nomadic tribe, began to migrate into this area around 1500 B.C., roughly the same time as the mysterious disappearance of the Indus Valley civilization. The religious scriptures of the Indo-Aryans, the Vedas , serve as the most widely aknowledged basis forHinduism. The Vedas are said to be the eternal truths of the religion and are upheld as the supreme authority for Hinduism. 7 (http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/hinduism.html#7)
The Vedic Period (2000 B.C. - 400 B.C.)
The Vedic literature of this period shows four consecutive stages in which they were recorded: Samhitas or Mantras , Brahmanas, Aranyakas , and Upanishads . 8 (http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/hinduism.html#8) The Samhitas were hymns in praiseof the dieties. The Hindu ideas of dharma and karma were derived from the Vedic Mantras conception of rita , or cosmic order.The gods were guardians of this cosmic order and so they had to be propitiated by means of sacrifice. 9 (http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/hinduism.html#9) Thus, the age of the Samhitas was suceeded by the age of the Brahmanas , texts dealing with the meaning and technicalities of these sacrificial rituals. 10 (http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/hinduism.html#10) During this age, priesthood became all powerful, the four stages of life were formulated, and new doctrines began to appear. 11 (http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/hinduism.html#11) Most important of these new doctrines was that of transmigration and caste. Itwas originally believed that one was liable to death, even in heaven. Now, the Brahmanas had declared that all beings must be reborn over and over again, in an endless cycle. From transmigration arouse the need to be released ( moksha ) from the earthly and heavenly existence. 12 (http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/hinduism.html#12)
The age of the Brahmanas was followed by the age of the Aranyakas and Upanishads , philosophical and mystical texts dealing with the quest for atman , the knowledge of the self. It was during this period that the foundations of Hinduism were solidly laid. Gods and sacrifices receded into the background and the quest to realize ultimate reality became essential. The Upanishads contain one main theme, the unity of the individual soul or atman and the one impersonal and absolute univeral spirit or Brahman .

See? you're stupid.

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:37 AM
"Wait wait
What is with these
responses I have to actually
read and process
You clearly have
no education because you have
no college credits
My writings are far superior
because not everyone can
get published or get random
unimportant awards"

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:39 AM
actually at this point I'm convinced you're talking about the vocations you're supposed to hold at certain periods in your life. Yes, sex and fulfilling worldly deeds are a part of that - but that's as a part of the LIFE PROCESS. First you're a celibate student, then you own a business ad try to make money, then you reproduce and have children, then you attain Moksha. The ultimate spiritual goal isn't to make money and reproduce, those are just necessary cause you know you have to fuck to have children and the world would break otherwise.
That's just social organizing ;(

Indians don't even hold hands in public or touch eachother because it's weird, and there's plenty of other things that substantiate you being a bullshitter.

Johnnie
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Just make her feel accepted people, I mean, she's been to india 3 times and got book deals and whatnot

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:41 AM
whatever johnnie she's not keen on impressing people

Lenor
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Good ol' U of V!

heh, not a bad school at all, just trying to pick this thread up a little. It went from interesting to very serious. I would rather have kahl posting about how much he hates me, then his post to prove a point. :eek

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Basically, everyone has got to agree that Kahl gave yall the figurative dick in this thread. It was like watching a man outsmart a herd of dead pigs.

Lenor
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Matt, what input have you put in any of this? Other then jamming yourself as far up kahl's ass as possible, you have yet to exemplify any factual intelligence, other then your talents of ass kissing.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Matt, spoken like a true nobody.
Outsmart dead pigs? What a victory,
Religion is my specialty.
I've known some of the greats of so-called prophesy.
your internet connection means nothing to me.

Kahl,
you have read texts.

I have experianced first-hand.

I’m sure you've read a medical text.
maybe an autopsy off of Rotten.com
that doesn't make you a doctor.

when you've lived with a family of Hindus,
or even gotten an Iota of education,
then you can tell me what’s what.

Until then
go back to the playground.
Or spend another hour of your meaningless existence
trying to prove me wrong.

University of Virginia, lenor?

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:58 AM
yo kahl
http://z.about.com/d/french/1/0/Q/C/g-motus1.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/french/1/0/R/C/g-motus2.jpg
ZIP IT.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I do have an iota of intelligence, that's why I know what I'm talking about and you don't. I've also gone to college. big whooptifuckingdo, you think because i dropped out of highschool when i was a kid doesn't mean I didn't start going to college afterwards? I've also read the puranas and a good friend of mine is an ayurvedic practioner - we talk philosophy all the time.
lol and what does reading texts not making me a doctor mean? I understand the stupid point you're trying to make, but it's stupid. It stands to reason that if I read a medical report about the liver or something then after i finished reading it I would understand about the liver. Thus, I know about the liver.
However, somebody who has "Experienced" the liver, perhaps cooking it with onions, wouldn't know shit. Somebody who has experienced death isn't a doctor or a priest. "IVE RIDDEn IN AN AIRPLANE BEFORE, THEREFORE IM A PILOT"
Also, since a good friend of mine is an indian who studies yoga and ayurveda extensively, we talk philosophy, ive attended festivals with him before, ive attended college for eastern philosophies/religions i think it stands to reason I probably know more than you even by your own retarded logic.

What is the word/text/whatever you are talking about involving hedonism?
Please tell me so I can stop guessing and attack you directly.

So far I've been able to support everything I'm saying, but the only evidence you have is contrived. "IM NOT RACIST BECAUSE I HACK A BLACK FRIEND" is essentially what your logic boils down to, fuckface.

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Do I really have to put my opinions on the matter in here? I think Kahl is doing a pretty good job. I'd rather just cheerlead because I loves me the taste of some ass. :p

Furthermore, I'm on a message board where I can simply provide nothing intelligent to say, be a complete ass, and mock everything anyone says without rhyme or reason. Those things here are perfectly acceptable and more than likely welcomed. It is called I-Mockery for a reason, but maybe I'm the crazy one out of line?

I do not have to argue with a complete imbecile to prove to myself, or anybody else for that matter, that I am a bit sharper than a girl who pretends to be some great maven. I go to school all week and I actually have three essays due in two days. Big deal? Not really, but I'm just saying I don't come to this place to have great debates about Hindus with a girl who can't type a decent paragraph to save her life. Astonishingly, this same person boasts her book deals and awards, and yet her writing is subpar to that gorilla a few years back that could use sign language to communicate with her keeper.

With all this said, you obviously cannot change her opinion due to the fact that she has been there and lived with one family of people who practice a very beautiful religion. I really don't have time to fight with a couple of shmucks that think they are a couple of intellectuals simply because they attend a college. It is douche bags like you that I really hate in school and make college kids look completely obnoxious, as well as ignorant.

Basically in short, go eat yourself.

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:24 AM
WHOA SORRY, DONT KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME

THEY SAY I'M NASTY, BUT I DON'T GIVE A DAMN

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:26 AM
lol

you know i have to admit this thread is a bit too serious on my part considering im conversing with two huge douches who might even be the same person ;(

lets lighten this thread up with a parrrtttyyy yea yea this is cool guys this is cool keep it up party yea.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Just because you read about the liver,
and saw your mom cooking it,
does not mean you know how to operate on it.
Since you are so pitifully stupid,
i will have mercy
and explain once more.
Do you realize
that you’re using the same logic on me,
as I am on you?
You have a hindu friend.
I have a hindu history.
Don’t use your own argument to defend yourself.

What you are failing to do
is separate modern hinduism and the old way.
Modern hinduism was corrupt by christian purist ideas in the 1800’s, and earlier when Siddartha sent out his legions of followers. When his disciples traveled around india, they subtly tried to incorporate the original hindu way of debauchery with siddarthas teachings.
I recommend you read Taote Ching by Lao Tzu,
and compare it to the fundimentals of hinduism.
Yes, there are malivolent gods in the beliefe. Hindus were the first to logically incorporate the idea that god contains good and evil.

Your stubborn nature bores me.
the more times you call a person stupid
the more worn out the joke gets.
Now that I have so generously re-explained,
you may leave.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM
:rock :posh :party :rock :posh

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM
who wants Burger King?

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:30 AM
those dancing faces are cute.

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:31 AM
I agree! I totally figured out why hindu gods in ancient art are flying or levitating. They musta beeeeen hitting this shit I just rolled up son! :Phillyblunts
Damn hindus

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Gabby, I stopped reading your posts because I'm poemed out. I mean, you can write all you want about me, but it's like giving the finger to a blind man at this point.

Lenor
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:36 AM
You could of just jumped right to the point, my ADD pills don't work so well after a certain time.

I'm so sorry that you hate everyone that is trying to succeed in higher education, but since when was I considered anything other then unintelligent on here? Unless you want to count the various other form's of that, then by all means. But hypocritically speaking, your 'cheer-leading' kahl on, when he, himself is one of those 'obnoxious college douche bags'.

If you can provide nothing intelligent to say on here, other then your dry sense of humor, then why judge other people? True this is 'I-Mockery', but sooner or later, intelligence becomes an asset, and your 'sarcasm' is not going to win any brownie points.

Unless your bending over, taking it like a champ?

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:41 AM
actually, if you'd realize what I was doing i was making fun of your logic.. not using it to defend myself.. using it to make fun of you..

also.. the liver cooking,, was done by you.. since you were the one experiencing it... i was the one.. who read.. the book.. where do.. doctors.. learn.. about.. the liver... from.. books...not.. from.. cooking.. or.. experiencing the liver. i also just so happened to have experienced the liver as well.

No hindu practices vedic hinduism anywhere, so your point is nil. Modern Hinduism is what it is. and actually buddhism didn't corrupt hinduism, hinduism adopted the buddhist idea of letting anybody practice the religion, whereas before it was segmented and caste based and the only one who could worship god was priests born to be priests. Ishta-devata, personal devotion, came from that.
Siddhartas teachings are so similar to hinduism because he was a hindu.
Hinduism itself is an amalgamation of different religious ideas, especially when you consider the complexity of the indu socio-political climate around the time the RgVeda was compiled. Indu as it is known now (and even in ancient times) is a combinition of the Dravidian culture, Harrapan and Aryans who all inhabited the same area.
guess what the rgveda is about. anyway probably too much information for you.

Hindus were the first to incorporate god being logically both good and evil? lol. ok
the vedas aren't as well put together or as great as you're pretending.
the biggest contributions hindu philosophy has made is the idea that the world is a ILLUSION or fake, that everything wordly is illusory and no true satisfaction can be derived from it, and the concept of reincarnation.

Also, you obviously haven't read the Upishinads, one of the most important texts for indian philosophy, because part of the point of that is that being comes from non-being - and that existence is absurd.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:52 AM
So what are these ancient hindu gods you're talking about, gag? I'm curious if you even know anything about the vedas. Please, expound. So far most of what you've described as knowing is modern hinduism, so let's hear your ancient root knowledge.

In the vedas, what are the good and bad gods that are the first struggle between good and evil? Names, please. (this is a trick question but there's like ten tricks involved, which one will you fall for? let's find out)

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:55 AM
ps lenor i think mattjacks point is based on how some college students are complete morons and think that going to college alone makes them smart and hold it over people's heads like that validates what they are saying without even providing any evidence.
It's like saying, "Do you have proof god exists?" "OF COURSE IM AN ORDAINED PREACHER" "So what is it" "PREACHER"

Which reminds me, why are you even trying to be a psych major? You're just going to end up fucking people over even more. I would never place my mind in your hands unless i wanted to get fucked over.

Preechr
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:09 AM
If there were a thread truly worthy of General Blabber, this is it.

Grislygus
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I like how she cleverly counters kahljorn's well backed arguments with "I NO HISTORY AN DA HINDUS STFU IVE BIN THERE THREE TIMES".

Lenor
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:59 PM
and I would never come to you for anything either, kahl. I'd be too scared you were going to kill me.

Gris, where ya been?

Your missing, THE BESTEST PARTY THREAD EVER!!!!

:rave

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:04 PM
You're an idiot lenor. Just because somebody insults you for being an idiot doesn't mean they want to kill you.
Obviously you suffer from some paranoid delusions..

Emu
Mar 7th, 2007, 03:56 PM
how did this thread get so long so fast

Grislygus
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM
how did this thread get so long so fast

Idiots attract criticism.

Of course, I don't understand why all of the focus isn't on Gothtard.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
"The Vedantic perception of the Rigveda has moved away from the original ritualistic content to a more symbolic or mystical interpretation. For example, instances of animal sacrifice
are not seen as literal slaughtering but as transcendental processes."
Clearly, this is an indication that original traditions have succumbed to modernist views.
now that we have that covered,
I have read the Rig Veda many times over,
which would certainly be an overload for your puny mind.
So tell me, my dear,
if the hindu strives for nothingness,
then why is half of the Rig Veda in praise of enjoying the earth.
You obviously dont know jack shit about buddah.
If he was such a follower of hinduism,
then why is there an entirely seperate system of beliefes centered around his teachings.
?
poemed out, huh?
sounds like you don't read much.
Linguistic skills don't equal poetry.
idiot.
right now,
your commiting the worst sin
being boring.
your circular and repetitive arguments
only reenforce my point
that you park your fat ass in front of the computer
and hope it covers your diminishing, if even existent
social life.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 07:03 PM
You obviously don't read. Like I said, nobody practices vedic hinduism anymore. It wasn't displaced by "Modern" practices. The vedic teachings were displaced because the culture itself changed. Philosophies change over time, sister moon dumbass. After buddha came along, buddhism became the most popular religion because layman could practice it. Hinduism changed to adopt to this standard by becoming more accessible to people who weren't born into the Brahmanic religion.
Secondly, even vedic hinduism is an amalgamation of Dravidic, Harrapan and Aryan belief systems.

All Indian Philosophies have fairly similar teachings, just slightly different. The biggest difference between Hinduism and Buddhism is that buddhism doesn't believe in gods. Other than that, buddha was essentially a hindu.
You see, the difference between my argument and your argument is that you don't understand philosophy or the meaning of the underlying teachings. I, however, do, because I have both a brain and "College credits represent yo".

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
you didn't answer my question about which gods were opposed in the vedas. Seems like it would be an easy question to answer.

Lenor
Mar 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Kahl, I was joking with you, its funny how that is about the only time, you've ever took anything I've said seriously.

Jeanette X
Mar 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I've known some of the greats of so-called prophesy.
your internet connection means nothing to me.

I have experianced first-hand.

You are so incredibly deep and spiritual!!:eek

Please, tell me about these life-changing mind-blowing religious experiences you've experienced first hand! Tell me about the greats of so-called prophesy! I sit at your feet and await your wisdom, Swami GaGa!

What you are failing to do
is separate modern hinduism and the old way.
Modern hinduism was corrupt by christian purist ideas in the 1800’s, and earlier when Siddartha sent out his legions of followers. When his disciples traveled around india, they subtly tried to incorporate the original hindu way of debauchery with siddarthas teachings.

When you went to India, did you enlighten all those misguided Hindus around you with this Truth? I hope you did! I'm sure that they're much better and more enlightened people for having listend to you!

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I like how in your (jeanettes) second quote she goes fro saying that modern hinduism was corrupted in the 19th century to it being corruped 2000 years earlier. How do you even do that? Can corruption take place twice thousands of years a part? And how did christianity corrupt hinduism?
lol

The Upishanadas are part of the vedic period of text, and are also the culmination of it. Hence, "Vedanta philosophy". Even to early hindus, the vedas were a bit inconsistent. The hindu religion was not "corrupted"; as if the vedas weren't already a corruption of other religions, and wasn't inconsistent as hell. Upishanadas I believe also came into existence well before buddhism, hence their being called Vedic.
Even in the vedas there is talks of being coming from non-being, which is a fantastic philosophy. It's in Nasadiyasuka.

Also, I never said that pleasure and wealth on earth weren't allowed in the hindu religion, just that the religous and spiritual goals weren't directed towards them. I mean, do you even realize how retarded you sound equating religion and philosophies to wealth and pleasure on earth? lol. I don't know, that's just damned funny to me. THE GOAL OF RELIGION IS TO EAT A LOT OF CHOCOLATE DUUUUUH! the goal of philosophy is to have fun skateboarding and stuff!
I also never said that people aren't supposed to be happy. What I said is that your understanding of indian philosophy and the religion itself is rather ridiculous.

The reason for sacrafices in the rigveda is because the earlier Vedic gods were mostly naturalistic gods. You know, like gods of the wind, of fire, of storms. These gods represented real natural forces, and by praying and sacraficing to them they thought they were insured successful crops from successful rain. Just like every other religion.
(many) Vedic gods were representations of natural forces, all the "Demons" or "Evil" of vedic gods were naturalistic. When two completely different cultures combined, Harrapan/Dravidian and the Aryans, there was a combination of two completely different types of culture/religion. The Aryans were HERDERS and lived and mountains, so most of their gods were typically maleish and warlike (Aryans, like most herding societies, were also the societies that invaded farming societies). Dravidian and Harrapan, however, were farming societies. So their gods (Goddesses) were related to getting lots of rain to grow crops and stuff. All this occured BEFORE the rgveda was written, and in fact the Rgveda is partly about them invading. The rgveda also wasn't even compiled as a complete text for a few hundred years, but I don't expect you to understand the relevance of that.
When the aryans invaded and combined cultures with the indu civilizations of the time frame, an entirely new culture/religion was created. That's the basis of modern hinduism: Combinations of different religions to bring about a type of evolutionary success. Hinduism adopted some parts of buddhism so they could compete, culturally and socially, with the buddhistic religion. So, as you can see, one consistent factor throughout the entire hindu timeframe is that they took ideas from different cultures and became "The best".

INTERESTING NOTE: NATURALISTIC, or what could be called WORLDLY gods, are called ASURAS, whereas the other, higher gods are called DEvAS. In the puranas and other hindu writings, ASURAS are demons and DEvAS are good gods. HOW INTERESTING THAT THE "DEMONS" CAME FROM NATURALISTIC GODS.

One important thing because you're stupid: Yes, sacrafices did fade away under "Modern" views. lol. Sacrafices had mostly faded away by the time the UPISHANADAS came out, which were written by UNCORRUPTED hindus. The UPISHINADAS are considered a VEDIC text. lol. Me talking about the philosophy of the vedas means im talking about the traditional views, not the "Modern" ones.

I still don't see how any of this has to do with worshipping of the self. So like u h... where in the vedas does it say to worship the self? Because you still haven't said that. My logic may be cyclical, but at least it's consistent and not ignorant.

Jeanette X
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM
My writing earned me two awards and a book deal.
what has your done?
hmm?

Because I'm not keen on impressing people who spend every waking moment on the Internet.

Will meditating upon this strange contradiction help lead me to moksha, Guru GaGa?

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM
If this chick sticks around she could become the new Vince or KKK
PROSPECTS

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
kkk? what the fuck?
the internet, I don’t give half a shit about.
Real people, not "0"s and "1"s,
matter to me.
Yes, we have gotten off topic.
Worship of the self was the original point.
Hindus are more concerned with self satisfaction,
rather then conforming to texts designed for "law" .
When I say I've experienced first hand,
I’m not saying I’m any better or smarter then you.
Well, maybe a little bit.
Anyways,
What I've been trying to say
is that living with them, understand each person-to-person contact,
is much different then studying texts in-depth.
I must say, you have an excellent knowledge of the technical aspect,
but the spirit of the belief is much different. the personal interface that i experienced,
with India,
shows me that the written word
and the practice
are much different.
I used to think the technical, written word was the standard,
but when you are actually there, in the Mecca of it all,
you see how people really have a general naturalization to the practices.
It's similar, in a weird way, to war (the most cliched example of all time)
Reading about it is alot different then experiencing it.
You seem very devoted to this. You actually should take a trip to India one day,
and you’ll see what I mean.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM
"What I've been trying to say
is much different then studying texts in-depth. "

What you're trying to say here is that I have knowledge of TRADITIONAL, real (UNCORRUPTED VEDIC) hinduism, and you have knowledge of the "corrupted" modern day hindu person who has been influenced by the west. Alright, I think I get your point. :lol Hilarious though that your entire argument this point has been more against yourself than me. Good job.

Again, one of my best friends is an ayurvedic practicioner, and I've attended temples/festivals with them before - in fact I attended new years and all those other festivals last year. I know what indians are like. However, my indian friend also had an enforced marriage. how's that for not conforming to laws?
The purpose of the laws is to build a society you can enjoy. That's the social aspect of it. There's also a political nature to it, and religous, and philosophical. "Worshipping of the self" and "Satanism" are forms of philosophy.

"Hindus are more concerned with self satisfaction,
rather then conforming to texts designed for "law" ."
Oh really is that why there was a strictly enforced caste system for thousands of years? yes, that must be why. All those shudras loved their positions. Also enforced marriage etc. am i right?

I guess. I'm talking about philosophy, you're talking about the way people socialize. shut the fuck up.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:28 PM
guys i think ive won this argument now :(

i love backing people into a corner until they fuck up.

KevinTheOmnivore
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM

Holy shit, it's than...THAN!

Preechr
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:52 PM
JUST LOCK IT

MAKE IT STOP

Gabby GaGa
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:53 PM
than
than
than..
now you can have a heart attack.

kkk? what the fuck?
the internet, I don’t give half a shit about.
Real people, not "0"s and "1"s,
matter to me.
Yes, we have gotten off topic.
Worship of the self was the original point.
Hindus are more concerned with self satisfaction,
rather then conforming to texts designed for "law" .
Anyways,
What I've been trying to say
is much different then studying texts in-depth.
I must say, you have an excellent knowledge of the technical aspect,
but the spirit of the belief is much different. the personal interface that i experienced,
with India,
shows me that the written word
and the practice
are much different.
I used to think the technical, written word was the standard,
but when you are actually there, in the Mecca of it all,
you see how people really have a general naturalization to the practices.
It's similar, in a weird way, to war (the most cliched example of all time)
You seem very devoted to this. You actually should take a trip to India one day,
and you’ll see what I mean.

KevinTheOmnivore
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Ok, did you just copy/paste the same thing?

I care about 1's and 0's. And because I care so much about 1's and 0's, I'm moving this abortion of a thread to general blabber. Enjoy.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM
that's a completely true history of the hindu culture.

Fathom Zero
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM
This thread makes me sad in relation to the human soul. :(

Mockery
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:26 PM
HAY GUYS! WHO HERE IS A "0"? WHO HERE IS A "1"?

BINARIES UNITE!

Grislygus
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Oomba Oomba Oomba Dore
Oomba Oomba Oomba Dore

Oooooh, and all our gods and heroes

Are only ones and zeros...

Join hands and sing along, everything we know is wrong!

I would be a "0".

Back on topic, an artist I know travels to India and does charitable work several times a year. He's fascinated with the culture, and converses with anyone there that he can engage in conversation. He talks about India a lot, and is very interested in raising awareness about the country, its religion, and its people.

Anway, I related the gist of your ideas to him, and he was highly amused.

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM
lol.
Who's ideas, and what did he say?

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Binary Code: 1001101011100

Which stands for, I have to agree that the only way to really learn about different cultures, and their heritage. Would be to live among those people, not just visit for a few weeks, read about it, or find out through someone else's travels.

I've been to China, visited several temples, walked on the great wall, and meditated outside of a Buddhist Temple, along-side the Monks.

And you know what I will only say I learned?

How to say Vodka in Mandarin Chinese, they suck at driving, and they serve alcohol at McDonald's.

ROAD TRIP anyone?

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM
you guys are stupid if you think you can't learn about a culture by reading about it. Good job shitting on the entire point of anthropology and history, and the teaching of it in colleges.
Both of you two should just give up ever using your brain and trying to sound smart.

to learn about ancient cultures that not longer exist (like ancient indu civilizations) you can't exactly go there and live among them because they are dead. duuuUUUuh

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:37 PM
do you guys even know what a culture is? it's just a reaction to the environment.

Jeanette X
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM
poemed out, huh?
sounds like you don't read much.
Linguistic skills don't equal poetry.
idiot.

Writing a bunch of sentence fragments is hardly what I'd call "linguistic skills".

I don't believe that you are a published author. Prove it to me by linking to your books on Amazon.com.

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:47 PM
DUHHRHRHRHHR, the point of what I was trying to make, is that I do agree with your masterful google work, but haven't you ever heard to never believe everything you have read or seen on TV?

Anthropologist often are 'hands on' while working. And how do you know that in some far remote part of some tiny deserted country, that those 'ancient cultures' and 'heritage' are dead? WHAT ABOUT THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE? Maybe people are sitting around on an island they are stuck on, like 'Gilligan's Island' shit.

You can save the 'lenor is stupid' routine, I haven't been the one trying to prove you are wrong or what is right etc. If you can't accept someone else's theory's, then GROW UP!

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Some anthropologists are hands on, not all of them.

I don't see why you'd need to know anything about a culture or a people to understand their philosophy, anyway.
Also I didn't use google, I actually go to college and have a brain to absorb the information. I also read books.

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
and it's not like they're actually talking to people by digging up bones and stuff. the reason we know so much about ancient cultures is usually because of the writings and art they left behind.

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:55 PM
ps i dont accept STUPID theories, and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe you should grow up and learn to have some common sense/have good theories..

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:10 PM
You pasted and copied an insert from the University of Virginia, As I recall in an earlier post. If you can remember all of that from memory then I'm surprised you haven't brought up the photographic mind, you must have. I'm not trying to prove you wrong, but I won't succumb to what you want to hear either. You already have Matt, cheer-leading you on.

I go to college too, a big ol' University that is seeded 5th in the country for basketball! HA

I don't think you have once mentioned your major, which is fine. Although I highly doubt it's 'Theoretical Studies' or 'History', if it is then hat's off to you for the ability to stay awake in class. But weren't we mentioning earlier on how going to college does not mean your a 'swami' ?

Matt had one thing correct, college kids often do look obnoxious, especially in situations as this one.

Zomboid
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Oh fuck. A platform for lenor to pretend she's NOT a dumb cunt. Whoopee.

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Zomboid this is a very serious conversation on how Kahl knows more than anyone. Stop interrupting him, while he's on a pedestal.

Jeanette X
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
And how do you know that in some far remote part of some tiny deserted country, that those 'ancient cultures' and 'heritage' are dead? WHAT ABOUT THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE? Maybe people are sitting around on an island they are stuck on, like 'Gilligan's Island' shit.

My goodness, I forgot all about the Bermuda Triangle! So many intelligent, mainstream anthropolgists agree that it contains remnants of cultures long thought extinct, and there is such a wide range of peer-reviewed academic articles about the those long-lost cultures!

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Keen observation, Jeanette. Because I evidently was being serious using all CAPS, and referencing a television series made in the 70's.

Bermuda Triangle, is a mass amount of water, located somewhere in the ocean. Depending on which scientific explanation or hypothesis you wish to believe, but many scientist, conspirators, theorist, your mom have wrote articles on their beliefs that it could just be SUPERNATURAL. So eh' guess those people that got lost there might just be throwing some crazy all niter parties.

Grislygus
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
lol.
Who's ideas, and what did he say?

Gabbygins. He told me that he doubted she had any actual in-depth conversation about religion when she visited, assuming she actually did.

Jeanette X
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Keen observation, Jeanette. Because I evidently was being serious using all CAPS, and referencing a television series made in the 70's.

Forgive me, you are so blindingly stupid sometimes that's its pretty hard to tell when you're serious or not.

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:31 PM
You want to know why I was copy-pasting from universities?

Because despite having said the same thing over and over you guys acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. So I backed myself up with some sources.
That's what you do when someone doesn't believe you, fuckhead. Unlike you and gabbygagonacocka, my knowledge is actually qualified by the fact that it's true.

But weren't we mentioning earlier on how going to college does not mean your a 'swami' ?

I actually go to college and have a brain to absorb the information

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I have mentioned before that I have a nearly photographic memory. You should know that considering all the trivial details i remember about you.

Chojin
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Rog linked me to this thread, and I'm proud to have read most of it!

I now know again that Gaga is retarded, and kahljorn is smart but getting funnier and that I still like Mattjack. And Lenor's 'road trip' comment was lol, but probably unintentional.

TEN POINTS FOR GRIFFINDOR

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I would rather not think of how creepy your last post sounded.

But, please remind me again of when I tried to contradict any of that never-ending shit you posted about which-ever religion was being bounced around at the time.

Kahl: I HAVE BIG BRAIN AND ABSORB ALL MY COLLEGE LEARNED KNOWLEDGE!!@#@!!!
Lenor: SHUT UP, nobody cares.

Misdemonar
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:56 PM
guys I smoke pot!

Misdemonar
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM
now i can read minds..

Misdemonar
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM
woooooo....

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM
gabby does, and we were arguing about it until i was satisfied that no amount of skepticism could make it appear as if she knew what she was talking about.

i dont really even know why you're arguing with me. i think there's a few sub-arguments going on about uh how much i didn't know because i was a high school dropout.

Grislygus
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I have mentioned before that I have a nearly photographic memory. You should know that considering all the trivial details i remember about you.

No wonder I lost both my arguments with you, cheater.

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
When did you not graduating from High School, become part of any of this?

Why do we argue?

Who knows, its fun.

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM
p.s. HARRY POTTER, HE'S OUR MAN, IF HE CAN'T DO IT, THEN NO ONE CAN!

Emu
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Snape is going to kill Harry

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'm pretty sure gaga and you were talking about how superior you are because of your college credits.

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Someone else had brought up how I was a psychology major, which resulted in a few post's about my lack of intelligence, But other then that; The only comment about school, I made referred to basketball.

Gaba girl made references to her bachelors degree, a couple of times.

I would rather not re-read through another 7 and a half pages, if you wish too then be my guest.

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:47 PM
people were making fun of her for a while because she was acting all smart because of her college degrees and that is partly why people were making fun of her. besides her just being a dumbass.

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Have we established yet the difference between 'you both' and 'she'?

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
you guys are team players.

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:53 PM
you guys are team players.

I'm not a lezbian!

Grislygus
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:25 PM
But they say you're nasty...

Lenor
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:42 PM
And I don't give a damn...

doopa
Mar 9th, 2007, 01:12 AM
gerbergoogoos site gave me a migraine :(

doopa
Mar 9th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Hey I just did a quick reply and that monkey island animation thing is top notch. This new board is soooo fannncy

Gabby GaGa
Mar 9th, 2007, 03:06 AM
No no. I dont care how unintelligable and stupid i sound,
ILL HOLD MY GROUND!!!

Fine fine fine. Kahl wins.

This thread (in the later part), was my failed attempt at an experiment. I'm doing a study on human observence and reaction to pseudo-intellect.
my point in the study is to prove that when you back a seemingly intelligent person into a corner,
they'll fall apart from the effects of circular arument. Kahl was meant as the intellegent subject. However, his reaction is a bit different then I expected.

7 out of 10 of my subjects were perfectly intelligent and well educated people,
however, I found that when I present them with a roundabout argument, they eventually break down.

good job kahl.

Anyway,
I've proved myself in your recent thread.
Kahl,
Do I have your permission to publish this transcript in the book?
thanks,
Gabby

Grislygus
Mar 9th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Oh man, you are my favorite person ever.

"I do all of my psychology experiments in the most balanced, controlled environment possible: The internet."

Lenor
Mar 9th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Doopa, the animation is neat, right!

1. Gris I thought I was your most favorite person ever, ha.

2. I fortunately have the pleasure of being able to take 'Human Behavioral Studies' on a campus full of frat boys to the genius bio-chem and physics majors; with whom I choose to do any needed 'work'. Once, I tried to use the Internet, although not this site, for a paper I was writing. Unfortunately, unless hand-written signatures are presented, it is not acceptable.

My paper's are not being published anytime soon. But if you already have 'book deals' or whatever, you should know at least the basics. Including your work's source's with non-fiction material. If I am wrong, please do elaborate.

Chojin
Mar 9th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Gabby, you are ridiculous. What's sad is that I've seen the same shit before.

IF I CAN'T WIN, I'LL CHANGE THE GAME :picklehat

kahljorn
Mar 9th, 2007, 02:02 PM
:lol
WHOA!
that's ridiculous,
in so many ways!
i wont even bother to get into it,
because that would be gay

that doesn't even make sense. Anybody who read your book would think it's ridiculous.

Lenor
Mar 9th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Kahl, How can you deny that you don't feel 'Riding on the Short Bus' special? After being someones 'subject' on the Internet.

Your gonna be famous!

kahljorn
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM
see, that's exactly the retarded psychology that she wants to act like she's using.

"HAHA WHAT AN INSULT NOT ONLY DID I PREDICT THEIR BEHAVIOR BUT I WAS JUST STUDYING THEM
THATLL GET ME OUT OF THIS JAM OF EVERYONE THINKING IM A COMPLETE MORON BECAUSE ITLL BE CLEAR I WAS PRACTICING SCIENCE AND THEYLL BE REALLY IMPRESSED"
plus nobody will expect that i dont know shit about hinduism anymore we can ignore that thank god because of psychology i love the modern world but don't tell that to the first half of this threadand the only one who fell for it was you.
dumbass.
IM DOING AN EXPERIMENT ON HOW RETARDED DUMB GIRLS BOND ON THE INTERNET LIKE IN-GROUPS versus OUT-gROUPS AND THEY USE THEIR DUMB FACES TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACHOTHER AND BLOW KISSES UP EACHOTHERS ASSES

noob3
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I didn't read any of this thread but what's this person with CrabbyCaca in their signature all about!?

kahljorn
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:15 PM
plus she already admitted i won

Lenor
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:33 PM
And i'm going to do a study on people, that are unable to take a fucking joke.

Jeanette X
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I'm waiting to see Gabby show me a link to books that's she's published. :blah

And even if this is a real study, NO YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO PUBLISH MY REPLIES TO THIS THREAD!

Grislygus
Mar 9th, 2007, 05:34 PM
She has MY permission. For the sake of scientific progress!

Dr. Boogie
Mar 10th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Speaking of Gabby's books, I can't remember what happened to our submarine letter emoticon.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 11th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Don't worry, Jaenet, your lack of replies isn't going to be a loss to the community.
Im only including posts relevent and vital to the topic at hand.

Part of this study was using a tool that would allow for non-human interaction, while still maintaining the study. What better tool than the internet.

I noticed a pattern of argument that's consistant - with both internet and non internet subjects.
The internet subject is interesting. Say, for example, that I take two people of equal intelligence, one on the machine and one in-person. The internet subject does better because they're presented with an opportunity to structure their arguments, and disect the entire idea.

this is also going to tie into a fault-of-public-education seminar, and explore some possibilities of peer pressure, giving kids private sessions, etc..

You can find my next book, which will contain parts of this transcript, in August 2007 at Borders bookstores and other propriators of liturature. The title is Vintage Ideals and Lost Systems.

stay tuned.
more to come.

Misdemonar
Mar 11th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I'm doing a study on STUPID pepole too!

MrAdventure
Mar 11th, 2007, 03:58 PM
whoa speaking and writing are completely different skills who knew i bet abraham lincoln was all "DUUHH UMMM UH DUHH" in person but get a piece of paper in front of him (this was the internet back then) and he's all "four score and seven years ago" huh

man gargamel baggie i will offer you the chance of a lifetime - i will write the introduction to your book

"my name is garfield galore, and i'm in my fifth year at hogwatrts."

"grannie gaspedal" cried ron, as he and the other weaselrys met me off the train "how ar e you doin"

"i'll be okay once i get my wine" i said coquettishly through fluttering eyelashes at harry who was also there

"it's good to see you" said harry

"thanks harry im glad you made it back what with your uncle being such an assh*le"

"how about you gannymede how is it that you made it back" said harry

"didnt you hear my parents were found mysteriously dead"

we all went to the carraiges to get to hogwarts and i shared a laugh at the first years in the boats

"try not to get wet" i shouted under my breath

"cmoe on garafolo sit with me" said ron, but harry winked at me and i felt pulled by him to the carraige he was going to...

kahljorn
Mar 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM
nobody would accept as academic or even relevant a "Book" about shit that isn't even relevant to itself. YOU WON CYCLICAL ARGUMENT NIGHT. Now you can be in my book about spaghetti fights and peer pressure! Look for it in borders next to, "How to eat fried worms."
Plus who the fuck would want a book by someone with a BA in SEX STUDIES on whatever the hell it is you're pretending our argument played into. Why don't you just admit you got burned, bitch, because you have shallow knowledge.

YOu noticed a pattern of argument? What the fuck. The only pattern of our argument was you being a stupid twat and not knowing the history of the indian culture, in which I, on the other hand, did. The "Pattern" was you not understanding and me explaining to you that you didn't understand and having to keep doing it because you didn't understand.
So if you're writing a book about how stupid people who don't know what they are talking about get corrected when they smear their shit all over a message board, then I guess it might be a few smarties short on delicious.

THIS JUST IN THIS JUST IN GABBY GAGA OF CACA AND GRAVY MIX SPEXIAL BOAT INCORPORATED HAS JUST DISCOVERED THE MOST IMPORTANT FIND OF OUR CENTURY:
WHEN SOMEBODY DOESNT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING A PERSON MIGHT KEEP EXPLAINING UNTIL THEY UNDERSTAND
WUURRRRERRRRRRRRR (the sound of the world coming to a halt)

kahljorn
Mar 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Day of media observances:
gabby cacaface how did you do it?

well i was talking to my severely mongoloid retarded best friend rite and i was like hey how u doin mongo want anything?

and he was all, "grbldegak gak yittle"

and i was all whoa mongo calm down i was just asking if you wanted me to get you anyuthing!

YURTLE PLAT COF

oh you just want some coffee!

and then it struck me sometimes people have misunderstandings and they repeat themselves to get the point across!
This was really a breakthrough for me because I always thought when people repeated themselves they were giving me coded directions to the holy grail.
Hopefully i can share this with everyone and then we'll all realize the Holy Grail is within us waiting to be filled with the salty liquid of answered questions and true understanding!

Grislygus
Mar 11th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I noticed a pattern of argument that's consistant - with both internet and non internet subjects.
The internet subject is interesting. Say, for example, that I take two people of equal intelligence, one on the machine and one in-person. The internet subject does better because they're presented with an opportunity to structure their arguments, and disect the entire idea.

First, let me remind you that internet debates involve writing.

Then let me present to you the philosophical seminars of ancient Greece and the point-counterpoint literary pamphlets from the Restoration Period (or hell, any piece written before the internet). Both styles of argument fully allow structuring of arguments and the ability to dissect the entire idea, while Athenian person-on-person stylings actually having a larger emphasis on it.

Basically, you fail at the internet.

you can find my next book, which will contain parts of this transcript, in August 2007 at Borders bookstores and other propriators of liturature. The title is Vintage Ideals and Lost Systems.

stay tuned.
more to come.

Despite the 100% chance that you're bullshitting, I'm actually hoping that I see your book someday.

kahljorn
Mar 11th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I also want to see myself glorified for kicking her ass in an argument.

I GUESS LENOR IS RIGHT I COULD BE FAMOUS
SORRY LENOR
I WASNT THINKING OF THE HIGH LIFE I COULD BE LIVIN

Dr. Boogie
Mar 11th, 2007, 08:55 PM
So what are the names of your books that have already been published, Gabby?

Gabby GaGa
Mar 11th, 2007, 10:16 PM
ever heard of J.T leroy?
-----------
My god. You people really are stupid.
I thought you were faking it.

The point of the book isn't the argument itself.
it's the reaction.

When I say a "pattern", I speak of pattern similarities between structured and non-structured argument subjects.

Yes, all that is true about ancient greece.
However, we're living in a time that breeds a blatent disregard for intellect, much less the structure behind it.

I should title a chapter "the nature of reaction".

I don't need to prove my intellect to you pee-ons.
(certain people I like excluded).

Watch the movie
or read the book.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 11th, 2007, 10:18 PM
kshl,
nothing gets through to you, does it?

You didn't kick my ass.
you kicked my case-studies ass.

Grislygus
Mar 11th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Lollercaust. So, what ARE the names of those books you wrote?

Gabby GaGa
Mar 11th, 2007, 11:09 PM
please google JT leroy

Gabby GaGa
Mar 11th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Lollercaust

i like that word
gonna have to steal it.

Grislygus
Mar 11th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Thank Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Also, if you're inferring that you're J.T. Leroy, then... well, I can't really say anything, you're hysterical enough already.

kahljorn
Mar 11th, 2007, 11:46 PM
"However, we're living in a time that breeds a blatent disregard for intellect, much less the structure behind it."

Yea because other time periods have been much more concerned with intellect and the structure behind it.

"You didn't kick my ass" something about case studies

first off you don't have a case study. Secondly, you were the one talking out of your ass about hinduism and other religions. It didn't have anything to do with a case study, it just has to do with you talking out of your ass. So as far as the ass talking out of goes, I've already proven that you did it. Then I kicked you in the mouth, bleeding assgina.
I think we all know you were serious about your, "I know a lot because I've been to india" you just had to change the subject because i had so thoroughly nailed you in t he mouthfaceass when i said that you're the one who doesn't understand ancient hinduism (when you had been saying that to me the entire time) ;9
KICKED IN THE MOUTH
END OF STORY

WRITE A BOOK ABOUT BEING KICKED IN THE MOUTH

kahljorn
Mar 11th, 2007, 11:48 PM
so who's this jt leroy person and is she that person?
prolly not

i think we all know she hasn't written a book (that's good). She might've written some shit but anybody can write shit.

Misdemonar
Mar 12th, 2007, 12:20 AM
hahah, gabby shitface, you are self-asorbed!

mew barios
Mar 12th, 2007, 12:41 AM
man i can't wait til gabby is like, haha i fooled all of you lol it took me like 6 months to make up this ugly website and stupid poetry an devise a foolproof posting stratagem but it was all worth it to see the looks on your faces!

seriously though, if people really do buy books that are just logs of intarnet message boards i think someone should put together an i-mockery greatest hits so i can relive all the classic thread moments on long boatrides an stuff.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 12th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I have a friend who's already putting together a messageboard book.
but im sure they could always use some (profitable) help.

Kahl -

religion was one of many subjects i picked

these are 3 of 20 catagories and sub-catagories I chose

Religon
- history belief, practices
American history -
kenndy isn't dead
Quail is president
biology -
metabolism, growth, life cycle.

These are all argument presented to subjects for them to "disprove"

this is also a helful study because it provides an outline for illogical rationalization, and methods that subjects use to cope.

My favorite was a study I did for the pop culture reference crowd,

In which the argument was that Elvis wasn't dead, and some current idols are robots.

Of course, any common ninny can figure out this isn't true.
However, when a linguist debates the argument with the test subject,
(which i either myself or a selection of Drs.)
we try to use one of two methods, which will extract an the desiered or unknown patterns.
The "elvis and kennedy aren't dead" scenerios are the easiest to debate, because of the copious amounts of contradictions available for refference.
That study is the one in which an illogical argument will unvariably "win"
so the person gives their efforted but failing answer.

The second study is the one in which the subject should always win the argument, because of the sheer stupidy of the it. This path is intersting too, because the even though the argument presented is nonsensical and easily argued, subjects often percieve a threat to their own personality, and their conscience automatically uses one of four teqniques to cope.

and what was your latest project, Kahl? :moon

kahljorn
Mar 12th, 2007, 02:39 AM
kicking you in the mouth

ps you're not that jt leroy person because you said you've only published two books and that person has supposedly published more than that. even if there are some similarities

MYSTERY SOLvED

dont feel so bad just because i outargued you.

kahljorn
Mar 12th, 2007, 02:40 AM
also it's nice that you have a little project to work on my sister likes to do scrap booking maybe you sh ould try that they sell scrapbook materials at dollar stores

Grislygus
Mar 12th, 2007, 03:24 PM
and what was your latest project, Kahl? :moon

It's the professional touch that I like.

Gabby GaGa
Mar 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
now Im not even here to be professional
I just like torturing kahl
its fun to watch him keep arguing, long after the fact.

kinda like a women
when you set a wet cup on the table.

also it's nice that you have a little project to work on my sister likes to do scrap booking maybe you sh ould try that they sell scrapbook materials at dollar stores

Damn that was weak.
I expected more from you.
"you look like an egyptian hooker"
would have been good.

Grislygus
Mar 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM
If you're so intent on mocking, then how come you still haven't taken me up on that grudge match?

Jeanette X
Mar 12th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Damn that was weak.
I expected more from you.
"you look like an egyptian hooker"
would have been good.

Your avatar is an actual picture of you?

Emu
Mar 12th, 2007, 10:27 PM
If that's true, then the camera subtracts 50 pounds.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when the entire board can gang up on one person like this. Group hug! ♥

Goat Cheese
Mar 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Hey Emu do you have a liscence to use that heart character?

Fathom Zero
Mar 12th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, can I be a faux intellectualist, too?

Gabby GaGa
Mar 12th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I didn't know there was a grudge match, my ancient mariner.
Where it at?

Your avatar is an actual picture of you?

yeah.

I see a mock coming up.

Dr. Boogie
Mar 12th, 2007, 11:05 PM
At this point, is it even worth pointing out that JT Leroy isn't a real person?

Grislygus
Mar 12th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Pseudonyms count as partial persons. Sorta like the Three-Fifths Compromise.

I didn't know there was a grudge match, my ancient mariner.
Where it at?

May I direct your attention here. (http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?p=479103#post479103)