View Full Version : Captain America News :-(

JohhnyDamage
Mar 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM
*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER ABOUT CAPTAIN AMERICA*

Ok, what happened after 'Civil War'?...

Captain America has been killed. In the comic after he's arrested for defying the 'Superhero Resgistration Act' (As show in Protoclown's 'Tails From The Long Box' about the 'Civil War' Saga.), he's walking up the courtroom stairs, and a sniper takes his life. Spider Man reveals his identity, The Marvel hero hate each other, and now this. Keep on winning guy, you aren't messing anything up in the long run...not even a little.
-Micheal

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17499797/

Emu
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:02 PM
what56

Goat Cheese
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:05 PM
wait so did spiderman kill captain america?

JohhnyDamage
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Nobody knows, besides the writer I hope. At least I hope Marvel isn't at the point they are just "winging it" with their stories.

noob3
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
was it the polluters did spider man take his super ring liek the one he gave to all of his children friends that were on his super team

why did he die

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Captain America was shot by a sniper after leaving a courthouse.

I just saw him on Mardi Gras too. He, Ironman, and Green Lantern were all kicking it together. He seemed happy, excited about the future, and he was just enjoying a drink with his buddies on his day off. You know, I took him for granted and I never took the time to tell him how bad ass his ultimate move was in Marvel Vs Capcom. RED WHITE AND 'MERICAN JUSTICE PILEDRIVER.

Goodbye Captain America
:tear

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9e0e4434da.jpg

GADZOOKS
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM
When you die in a comicbook you die FOR REAL

Blue Fox
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
he looks like he was getting a little chubby in his old age.

don't feel bad, he was old and that's what old people do, they die.

MarioRPG
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Who will protect Lady Liberty?!?!?!

Superman? Fat chance.

Blue Fox
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
i get it, that's why spiderman killed CA!

he wanted lady liberty all to himself. yep that's it.

James
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:53 PM
asdfasdfasddfa

Zomboid
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:54 PM
WHAT ABOUT AUNT MAY?!?!?!?!?!?!

MetalMilitia
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM
In every picture MattJack has ever posted he is wearing sunglasses. Day or night. He's like the forum Geordi La Forge.

kahljorn
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM
he probably does drugs

he strikes me as a pill guy

sunglasses are for hiding drugs
the effects

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Pills are ok. I don't like how they make me feel though. Like I'm shit for days.

I just drink and smoke the reefer here and there these days. :\ sorry if that isn't edgy enough.

I wear sunglasses cause I'm blind in both eyes, we've gone over this I thought?

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:45 AM
i didn tknow you were blind dude im sorry :O
WHAT DO COLORS LOOK LIKE

have you ever heard that one before? are you like they dont fuckng look like anything im blind

MattJack
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:01 AM
WHAT DO COLORS LOOK LIKE? lol That one is sweet.

I'm not really blind at all. I just like saying that because in EVERY picture that was taken at Mardi Gras, I had sunglasses on. This was because I was completely wasted for about 72 hours. My kidneys and liver are going to thank me later in life i'm sure.

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:04 AM
there are many evidences against you being a blind man!

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:08 AM
just imagine what a text to voice thing would sound like on this message board.

this thread alone probably would've started out with a really loud horn siren (NOT TO BE CONFUSEWD WITH HORNY SIRENS THOSE GIRLS WILL MURDER YOU) noise

SPOILER SPOILER ROOOOOOOOO

what fifty six

over ten niner

MattJack
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:15 AM
lol why can't I have that program?! I'd have to have a special version where a the voice was a soulful gangsta black man that just talks alot of smoothe shit.

Basically, everything Lenor posted he'd be all,
"Mannn this bitch here ain't talkin bout shiiit dawg. All she say'n is somethin bout being a dumb hoe."

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:27 AM
lol
then me it'd be all,
a fuckin hoe what you know motherfucka u growin potatoes get that shit outta here

MattJack
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:35 AM
lolyou growing potatoes? what the hell lol

Man I just finished a bullshit paper in my philosophy class. I decided to take Intro to Philosophy with a buddy of mine because we just needed a bit of filler/credits. Do you know anything about The Problem of Evil?

here is a link (http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/evil/) that is basically explaining the shit. I mean it isn't a hard paper, I just can't really seem to get over 3 pages.

MattJack
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:39 AM
waiiiiit

MAYBE THIS IS A PHILOSOPHY ISSUE MEET ME ON THAT SEXTION OF THE BOARD

kahljorn
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:52 AM
One way to argue it is to say that god isn't necessarily opposed to evil.

how are you arguing it though? for or against?

Geggy
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Captain america's death is symbolic and couldn't have come at the right time because he dies along with this country as it's been going down in the shitter lately.

The terrorists have truly won.

Protoclown
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Yeah, Captain America was shot by a sniper named Crossbones, but that's not what actually killed him. What killed him is that afterwards, he was shot by his former girlfriend, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. who was given a post-hypnotic suggestion by Dr. Faustus, and she shot him point-blank in the gut three times with her handgun, in the middle of a crowd of people, and nobody saw her do it. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, and afterward Red Skull's daughter made her remember that she shot Captain America by using a trigger word, and she was all like "OMG NOOOOOoooooo". Fucking retarded.

And yeah, Aunt May is probably gonna bite it in the next Amazing Spider-Man, which comes out next week, I think. Why Spidey doesn't throttle Tony Stark to death is a mystery to me.

Womti
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:17 AM
http://superman.ws/tales2/death/1/
I'm sure you guys all recall the death of superman, so captain america dying is nothing big :rolleyes

Womti
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Superman
sorry that first link was to an imagined death of superman

Johnnie
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Uhhh...don't they kill and revive comic book characters all the time?
I started reading comics when the whole onslaught thing went on. I remember the fantastic four, the hulk and some more got killed. I remember when they got reintroduced afterwards with some bullshit story of what really happened. It's been awhile since I read a comic book.

Womti
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:53 AM
NEVA 4 GET
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/comic-covers/Post-Crisis-Classic-Covers/superman75a.jpg

Womti
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Uhhh...don't they kill and revive comic book characters all the time?
I started reading comics when the whole onslaught thing went on. I remember the fantastic four, the hulk and some more got killed. I remember when they got reintroduced afterwards with some bullshit story of what really happened. It's been awhile since I read a comic book.

I dont know what to think of what YOU read, but all I know is that superman DIES in the doomsday series. he comes back later on but is revealed to be just a clone. so as far as I know the original superman is dead. any superman after the doomsday series is his clone.

Protoclown
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Marvel is CLAIMING this death will be permanent, but I of course have my doubts.

mburbank
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:07 PM
It's permanent as long as the current editors are in place, IF that.

Ms. Marvel told Spiderwoman that Cap wasn't dead, he's being secretly stashed on the Raft and he's at death's door and they are trying to save him. That ay have been a total lie, though.

In edition, keep in mind that in the current Cap book, BUCKY is back from the dead, and he was the gold standard for being actually dead as opposed to dead as long as it's convenient.

JohhnyDamage
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Why Spidey doesn't throttle Tony Stark to death is a mystery to me.

Magic Black Text:

I heard that Aunt May will die soon, and after the death of Captain America and Aunt May, he links both of them on Stark being the main root. Setting the stage for a Spidey/Iron Man brawl.

I'm more excited about the first fight rumored to happen between Hulk and the X-Men coming up during 'World War Hulk' this summer.

Protoclown
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Ms. Marvel told Spiderwoman that Cap wasn't dead, he's being secretly stashed on the Raft and he's at death's door and they are trying to save him. That ay have been a total lie, though.

Max, where did that conversation take place? I haven't read all my books from yesterday yet.

mburbank
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:42 PM
In the Initiative one shot.

Marvel says they are not going to press anymore dead cap issues, and if that's true, seal it an bag it geeks. You got yourselves a collectors item. I actually was able to buy an issue at comic store yesterday, but it was the last one.

I think they could actually leave him dead for a few years which is a long time in comic books. But you know, there's already precedent for Cap going into Cryogenic freeze after gettin' killed real good so's he can come back later. That's what he did between the end o' WWII and the 1960's.

Oh, and don't forget that 'Ultimate' Cap is just a continuity away.

I'm just sad he and Bucky never got to reconsumate their unspeakable love.

Actually, the whole thing makes me mad.

Tropical
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:38 AM
how many times have superman died?

Zomboid
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Magic Black Text:

I heard that Aunt May will die soon, and after the death of Captain America and Aunt May, he links both of them on Stark being the main root. Setting the stage for a Spidey/Iron Man brawl.

I'm more excited about the first fight rumored to happen between Hulk and the X-Men coming up during 'World War Hulk' this summer.
I think it'll take more than the x-men to bring him down.

Protoclown
Mar 9th, 2007, 10:37 AM
All it will take to bring him down is for Iron Man to fly up to him and be like "HULK YOU HAVE TO REGISTER" and then Hulk will be like "Okay :("

mburbank
Mar 9th, 2007, 02:22 PM
He'll go

"HULK IS THE MOST OKAY THERE IS!"

Zomboid
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:54 PM
:lol

JohhnyDamage
Mar 9th, 2007, 05:11 PM
He'll go

"HULK IS THE MOST OKAY THERE IS!"

HULK EMOTIONALLY VULNERABLE!!! HULK NEED TO TALK IT OUT!!!

Superman's only died once that I remember, but DC continuity isn't really something I'd like to bet money on. They have a record of going all over the place.

I just want to see the Hulk steamroll the new X-Men lineup. Then if you want to see the Hulk/Iron Man prediction, pick up the old "What If? Hulk Went Berserk". Classic piece of reading there. Iron Man and Hulk fistfight, with hilarious results.

ArrowX
Mar 9th, 2007, 05:53 PM
something stupid will probably happen like Richards will clone Cap, or they'll get Bucky to take up the mantle. I'm more interested in whats gonna come of Eddie Brock coming back soon.

Zomboid
Mar 9th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Uh. Nothing/who cares? Gargan as venom is a fuck of a lot more interesting, I think.

As for the superman thing- I think he's only "really" died the one time. That's not including golden and silver age though.

Blue Fox
Mar 9th, 2007, 06:47 PM
ok, i always thought the HULK just went on random killing sprees and by way of luck always ended up killing bad guys...

JohhnyDamage
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:47 PM
ok, i always thought the HULK just went on random killing sprees and by way of luck always ended up killing bad guys...

For the most part. But now he's after revenge. Sweet, pure, rage filled revenge.