PDA

View Full Version : Who can't wait for this decade to die?

CKY2K
Mar 19th, 2007, 05:09 AM
This decade really needs to get thrown into the shitter. Seriously, shit the fuck up with the nu metal and altered emo grunge shit. It's not cool.

Also this shit people are calling punk rock.

Fathom Zero
Mar 19th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I don't want it to die because in the next few years there will invariably be something worse.

And nu metal is old, what we have today is different.

Emu
Mar 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I like this decade!

Grislygus
Mar 19th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Dude I'm totally with you, this decade fucking sucks. I was listening to my Hootie and the Blowfish album the other day and I'm all like why can't people appreciate the classics

GADZOOKS
Mar 20th, 2007, 03:24 AM
I like this decade!

dude you just basically said you liked 9/11 :x

Emu
Mar 20th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Well if I had said I liked the 90's i'd be saying I liked the OKC bombings

if I said I liked the 70's i'd be liking vietnam

and i genuinely don't like the 80's

CKY2K
Mar 20th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Last time I turned on the radio I heard Breaking Benjamin, so I'm pretty sure nu metal is still circulating alot today.

Breaking Benjamin fucking sucks btw.

Fathom Zero
Mar 20th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Breaking Benjamin is nu metal?

Lenor
Mar 21st, 2007, 01:53 AM
KoRn, is apparently the 'founding Fathers' of Nu Metal. When Jon Davis puts out an acoustic version of 'Blind', as Breaking Benjamin has done with a set of their songs. Then maybe. Until then, Fuck this whole bullshit about hating the decade and how about thinking why your generation has fucked it up so.

DistantJ
Mar 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM
I do actually, I do kinda hope this decade finishes soon, or at least the current fads. It's not been great, particularly for American music and culture. The hip hop has been this awful thug poser crap which is recycled again and again and again, and the RnB has been equally dull and frustrating, and in overwhelming numbers. Metal has spawned a rediculous amount of silly costume and personality fads when people pose and act like there's something more than just music and clothes to what they're doing.

European stuff has been pretty cool, though, not just in music but in fashion and things. I'm glad to be in the UK and not the US right about now.

Grislygus
Mar 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Metal has spawned a rediculous amount of silly costume and personality fads when people pose and act like there's something more than just music and clothes to what they're doing.

This decade's metal music has spawned silly costumes and personalities?!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/grislygus/292.jpghttp://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/grislygus/3808-0-220-0-300.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/grislygus/Manowar-web.jpg

DEATH TA FALSE METAL DOODES

GADZOOKS
Mar 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM
THE 80'S AND 90's ARE DEAD DISTANT J, LONG LIVE THE OH OH'S!

http://a939.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/40/l_0180a5a685f0e528ecea1eeb9d6f3542.jpg

:lol

Emu
Mar 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM
CKY I bet when you saw that picture in your signature you laughed so hard you sprayed diarrhoea all over your bedroom.

Lenor
Mar 22nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
UK HARDHOUSE!!

executioneer
Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:15 PM
man you guys remember prohibition wasn't that awesome times not like NOW :rolleyes

Lenor
Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:56 PM
Nah, I was too busy in 'nam. Now that was one hell of a rush. All those drugs man, they went straight to my brain.

arg_zombies
Mar 23rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
Personally, I hate this decade - music had died, so have films. there is nothign original left, so you just get repetitive songs that you hear EVERY DAY on the radio and films which are always either about World War 2, Disney, or Slapstick comedy.
I just wish there was another 60's/70's/80's when everything wasn't so boring, and originality was still slightly available :(

I just finished a 2 page essay saying how shite My Chemical Romance are and I compared them to the holocaust :( MCR ruined me. hate you.

Fathom Zero
Mar 24th, 2007, 02:21 PM
MCR ruined me. hate you.

I was reading really fast and thought you said CCR.

arg_zombies
Mar 24th, 2007, 02:32 PM
haha :lol

Divisible by Waffle
Mar 25th, 2007, 09:19 PM
If he had said CCR, I think we may have had to hold a public lynching. :lol

I go to school every day and have to put up with the shit that teens like. I just slowly put my headphones on and listen to AC/DC, Queen, or something decent as the monthly shit band goes up to make noise during lunch. If you were to hand a guitar to a retarded ape having a seizure, what you'd get out of that would be at least ten times more musical than what these fuckfaces do. One time it was so bad, I ducked out and ate lunch in the chemistry room. And sometimes, they can't get a band for the "music day," so they just blast hip-hop or whatever the hell they can get their hands on. One day they were blasting some good music (I think it was Ozzy or something), until some kid turned it off and put in his own CD of some rap artist that stole the main melody lines from my favorite tunes (such as Breakfast in America and Crazytrain) and rapped over them. It's fucking ridiculous, I almost strangled that kid. I honestly can't stand other teens because of the faggot shit they like (not to mention do, but that's characteristic of any generation, I'd think). I can tell you, it's safe to say that this generation sucks, at least as far as music goes. I'm forced to deal with its products almost every day of my life.

I'm not so sure about fashions and other fads and trends and whatnot. School has robbed me of almost all things resembling a life thanks to my rigorous schedule of IB classes, so I really have no idea what's going on in the world of trendiness. And I just wear a semi baggy t-shirt and jeans every day, as I don't really care about what I wear. So in all honesty, I can't say much of anything except about how horrible music is.

Lenor
Mar 25th, 2007, 10:43 PM
So, in a short version of all that. You think your being a 'indivudual', when all your doing is exactly the same as every other high-schooler in the world?

SUPER

Divisible by Waffle
Mar 25th, 2007, 11:26 PM
When did the word "individual," or anything like it, ever come up in my rant? Can you please point to that statement and make it clear to me where I mentioned that particular phrase?

The only point I was trying to make was that I'm tired of shitty music that plagues this decade. I honestly don't have the time nor the energy to care about fashion or other "trendy" things, so I can't comment on it in spite of the fact that I'm surrounded by the latest in teenage shit. Yeah, I probably do dress a lot like other teens around the world; though really, t-shirt and jeans are kind of unique where I'm from. My school is full of whiny emo goths that seem to enjoy celebrating Halloween on a daily basis.

Esuohlim
Mar 26th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Guys apparantly Lenor was so swept up in the Vietnam War that prohibition ran its course without her knowing!

And come on, just think of the current decade as the BUSH DECADE see it's not so bad now

arg_zombies
Mar 26th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Heh

I know what you mean Divisible, about all the cover songs which just ruin the song...

Heard the new cover of Personal jesus by jamelia(?) - I nearly cried. I had to go home and wash my ears out with the Marilyn manosn and Johnny Cash versions :lol

Nice taste in music btw :)

Lenor
Mar 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM
milhouse, so I'm a little crazy. That doesn't cause for having to condemn me!

Divisible by Waffle
Mar 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
It's bad enough to make a shitty cover. It's worse if you just steal the main melody line and have it repeat over your phat beats while you rap about how awesome your girlfriend is.

arg_zombies
Mar 26th, 2007, 03:33 PM
hehehe

Worst Rap
Lyrics (http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/a/WorstRapLyrics.htm)

^ Some of these are priceless :lol

Lenor
Mar 26th, 2007, 03:35 PM
<--loser without a GIRLFRIEND :eek :eek

Divisible by Waffle
Mar 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I just did a little research, and it turns out that the fuckers that stole Supertramp's tunes go by "Gym Class Heroes."

...someone please kill this decade before I do. D:

Lenor
Mar 26th, 2007, 04:46 PM
The 'Gym Class Heroes' are playing in Pittsburgh, PA.

"The Veronicas" redid 'Mother Mother'

I think its now the 'norm' now or something :rolleyes

MrAdventure
Mar 27th, 2007, 09:48 AM
do something about it you pussies do something about this decade

you cant even pull off another disco riots youre all too busy posing in front of your web cameras making kissy faces

Lenor
Mar 27th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Pay no attention to my Rant..

What a revelation, another asshole who thinks his one voice will actually make any difference in a crowd of billions. Who in hell cares about disco? That is definitely a fucking fad I'm glad never came back. Sure, you could define techno as the 'new age' disco. Hell, I think I've heard a DJ once spin Disco, But that was your era. Your generation fucked it up for us with all the peace, love and happiness bullshit. I get the whole against the war bullshit, but than again you can't be pro-life and pro-war at the same fucking time. OH, watch the anti-terrorist people knocking on my door, is it the CIA, FBI, or wait maybe I'm about to get arrested for having illegal music downloaded onto my computer. Since metallica apparently didn't think that making the billions upon billions in their career was enough money, so why not sue anyone who downloads one of their songs, even the 7 year olds that have no money. Oh wait, forgot about how parents are now to blame for when their kid goes crazy, when they don't want to grow up, since their parents never weaned them off of being a TOY'S R US kid. The band let the song's circulate throughout the program, So, Would that be entrapment? Should I get a lawyer because Adobe might sue me for not buying their 400 dollar program, since I used a friends copy and license code?

Do I, personally, give a fuck about my generation and how it has let it's rights go through flames, how election time is just another ploy to make people famous. That what was fought for at the first Woodstock, was ripped into fucking shreds during Woodstock 99'? Interesting how the 150 Dollar tickets, and the 12 dollar water bottles, didn't make anyone try and burn the place down by the end of the three-day event, oh wait it did. I lived ten minutes away from the area at the time, I was 15 at the time I do believe, and thought it was great, I got to witness an entire generations work, go up in smoke in just three days.

So, Riddle me this and Riddle me that, Generation X is all about the weed smoke and the kinky sex, so now what?

noob3
Mar 27th, 2007, 02:11 PM
fuck the generation let's smoke some of that generation weed :hypno :hypno :hypno :hypno :hypno :hypno :hypno :hypno :confused:

arg_zombies
Mar 27th, 2007, 02:12 PM
And wake up
in the 25th century!!
Woooooooooooooo!

kahljorn
Mar 30th, 2007, 08:50 PM
isn't it a well known fact that everything repeats everything and that's why we die so we can't remember the repetition?

GADZOOKS
Mar 31st, 2007, 06:43 AM
woah, deja vu!

Ant10708
Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:24 PM
use the internet and just look for music that doesn't suck. all the past decades have been plagued with their fair share of shitty music.

arg_zombies
Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Thhis decade is just swamped with it though - I'm living in the past with my music style - not saying that's bad though :)

GADZOOKS
Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
How do you know "your decade" is worse. You have only been born in two.

Mr. Vagiclean
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:27 AM
this thread is part of this decade all it does is WHINE WHA WHA

arg_zombies
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Stop whining about our whining!

Lenor
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Gadzooks, I can see your point. And while its true, that yet I have only lived in two decades, I have also listened to a lot by family, friends, the random homeless guy whom have lived through alot more.

While I am not partial to my late-grandfathers stories of how he would walk to and from school both ways uphill, in negative 20 degree weather. I never would turn down the chance to hear their stories and read newspapers clippings on how/what they were brought up in.

arg_zombies
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:36 PM
You don't even have to be born outside this decade - there's been enough shit pumped out to hate it :(

Lenor
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
true, which is what my little 'rant' pertained too also.

Although I should of wrote it, so it didn't sound as though I were on a crystal meth binge.

Angryhydralisk
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Something tells me we've hit a smug point in the world. Like, 10 years from now, we're gonna see the same shit. Dunno why, but the only thing that's really gonna change in the next 10-20 years is gas prices and the size of your iPOD.

GADZOOKS
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Arg_zombie can you at least try to be NOT 12 YEARS OLD before you start voicing your opinions on things.

arg_zombies
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Aw come on that's a very petty shot gadzooks
I expected more form you

GADZOOKS
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I don't use my A material on children.

Girl Drink Drunk
Apr 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM
For the most part I would say that this decade is slightly worse than past decades, but c'mon, was there ever a decade that wasn't plagued and dominated by awful, and trendy music and fads? Sure there were some great bands in the past decades, and trying to find good bands seems to get harder, but in mostly the past decades (in terms of pop culture) were just as bad. Does anyone really want to see the perm or the mullet come back? Are bad 60's bubble-gum pop groups like the Four Seasons (worst falsetto vocals) or the Monkeys really any better than corperate cash-ins like Ashley Simpson or Simple Plan. Did the popularity of hair metal create worse cookie-cutter bands than the whole Nu Metal craze? Is Flavour Flav really any better than Little John for being "oldschool" and a hiphop "legend" (despite having no actual talent and been an old pervert)? Think about it.

arg_zombies
Apr 6th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah well, It's just good to have a reason to say 'the world is falling apart' i guess - gives you something to rant about :)

I don't use my A material on children.

Bring it on!

GADZOOKS
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I can't wait for you to die. But since you are much younger then me I guess I'll have to wait for me to die.

Unless you have diabetes, please say you do.

Also, how is the decade fucking bad. I got the internet, an mp3 player, and a Nintendo DS all this decade. This is the best decade yet and will probably BE this best decade until jetpacks are mainstream.

arg_zombies
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Ok, for your sake, I now have diabetes.

GADZOOKS
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:09 PM
oh, fuck you

All you people seem to complain about is THE MUSIC of this generation. But I totally fucking bet that if any of you were the age you are now in the 90's, or any decade for that matter, you would not be listening to the top 40 music anyway.

The only thing that has gone down this decade is the number of good Comedy Movies. But there have been some recent standouts in Little Miss Sunshine and Borat that make it seem not so bad.

Fathom Zero
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:50 PM
What about Dumb and Dumber 2, that was a really funny movie. :lol

arg_zombies
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Borat?

I was dissapointed with that.... it was too hyped up :(

Lenor
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I always had hoped for a Bio Dome 2. :/

But Pauly Shore died ...

GADZOOKS
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Borat?

I was dissapointed with that.... it was too hyped up :(

Did I ask you? No I didn't, so stop putting your 2 cents in on fucking everything. It's exhausting.

Lenor
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
err.. I think gadzooks need's a vacation... :/

Or some happy pills...

arg_zombies
Apr 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Did I ask you? No I didn't, so stop putting your 2 cents in on fucking everything. It's exhausting.

I don't think you asked anyone, but if that's you opinion, please note that this is a forum, so people generally will reply to things you say ;)

kahljorn
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM
look guys there's a very interesting conversation going on in this thread! i think what you guys are missing though is some objectivity, so let give you a hand
everything has always sucked, all the time. Music doesn't escape it, the only reason there's so much shitty stuff now a days is because the amount of shitty people who have the ability to make music has increased. Other than that it's the same old story.
Beides music in other decades sucked people just didn't notice it as much because it was often "Novel" or "Original" to them, but that doesn't mean people with good taste weren't griping. Plus there's probably been well over a hundred thousand music groups in the last century and you know, what, 200 of them? there's plenty of suck to go around, everybody likes to think the time they are living is somehow special though. Probably because life is so suck boring.

noob3
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:14 PM
i think music is constantly evolving & it's much better than it was 1000 years ago

arg_zombies
Apr 12th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Well, it's like how everyone says, on the recent 'incidents' with paedophiles, how the world has gone wrong in recent years and got worse but, if you look at the number of paedophile cases in the past and compare them to now, nothing has changed.

As you said Kahl, nothing much has really changed, just most people have got bored of the 'routine'.

Sethomas
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Music was awesome 1000 years ago. Antiphons rawk.

arg_zombies
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:15 AM
We were a space civilisation 1000 years ago until some guy pushed the wrong button and a small escape pod with 2 boys and 2 girls aboard it had to travel back to Earth - everyone else had died :O

kahljorn
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I prefer the story that we are all really martians who traveled here from mars because we destroyed the planet and we had to start all over many thousands of years ago but this is our second chance a long with the time traveling jews.

(true story.. or at least true so far as somebody told that story seriously)

Lenor
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Now I do recall we were just getting to the part where the shock sets in and the stomache acid comes up..

GADZOOKS
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:59 PM
i cant stop spinning out
http://www.trickworld.com/images/B5.jpg
FUCK YOU, DICKSUCK J

CKY2K
May 1st, 2007, 08:27 PM
What the fuck. I hiatus for only two weeks and this topic is still alive and has 66, I mean 67 posts.

Grislygus
May 1st, 2007, 08:31 PM
Hate to break it to you, but two weeks only amounts to fourteen days.

Nobody's posted in the last two weeks.

Esuohlim
May 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM
Oh so we're calling an absence from posting a "hiatus" now

Girl Drink Drunk
May 1st, 2007, 11:47 PM
Man, popular culture was so much better two weeks ago.