PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, it's a ytmnd...

DuFresne
Mar 21st, 2007, 03:10 AM
http://icantbeatsonic3.ytmnd.com/

the_dudefather
Mar 21st, 2007, 08:43 AM
knew what was coming before it loaded :P

RaNkeri
Mar 21st, 2007, 09:50 AM
I don't get it :/

Everyone else
Mar 21st, 2007, 10:19 AM
my name isnt what anymore fag, it never was

Everyone else
Mar 21st, 2007, 10:21 AM
I'm referring to defresne's signature

Esuohlim
Mar 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM
I saw it coming too, but I expected a gif of him spinning there stuck from the actual game, not some faggy fanart :(

For the record I figured out the spinning cylinder thing in like 25 seconds when I first played it :picklehat

Emu
Mar 21st, 2007, 06:37 PM
Seriously people is it really THAT fucking difficult

Schimid
Mar 21st, 2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, it really is.

Every other barrel is controlled just by continually jumping on it, up and down. When you get to that one, the natural instinct is to jump up and down. What's more is that eventually you get really, really close to maybe being able to inch your way if you squeeeze in between the ceiling and the barrel, so you keep jumping, hoping for JUST A LITTLE MORE and your timing gets thrown off and you have to start all over.

It's sort of akin to continually missing a near-ceiling jump in a platform game only to find out you could just walk over the gap.

Jixby Phillips
Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Hey can somebody post screenshots of this so i can get this

Matt Harty
Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:49 AM
Most of the barrels in that level moved on their own, or you could use the techniques schimid used... which was how most used them but even thats incredibly annoying to pull off. And at one part of the map it's impossible to move forward till you reach a rediculous height.

Turns out the way to actually get them to move was to not jump at all, and press up and down on the movement pad. Seemingly easy to figure out, but it's just instinct to jump around in the game and nowhere in the booklet described how to operate the platforms.