PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's simpsons

noob3
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Ugh. Not even Wierd Al could save that episode.

Did anyone but me notice, when they looked at the clock it said FOUR TWENTY? 75% of the episode rode a gay joke! And they ruined hans moleman forever :(

"This isn't my army reunion"
"You're going home with me tonight!"
"Yes colonel!"

Gay man in army suit runs off of screen, hans moleman TURNS HORIZONTAL AND FLYS OFF BEHIND HIM.

:puke

Ninjavenom
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:29 PM
It was foul. It's shit like The Pitts and the new simpsons eps that make me wanna destroy my TV.

Les Waste
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:24 PM
It was like most of the other recent Simpsons episodes. There were a few really funny jokes, but mostly long stretches of garbage.

The Unseen
Apr 14th, 2003, 06:09 PM
the pitts :shudder
is there a show more fake and fartin mowler like :(

noob3
Apr 14th, 2003, 06:40 PM
I don't know, maybe if YOU had a show, Unseen.

Zomboid
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Ugh. I think there was one part that made me laugh. The rest is just shit. It's almost a completely different show now.

Esuohlim
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:11 PM
I still don't see the connection between puzzle pieces and gay roommates.

And I was anticipating this episode since Weird Al was on it, AND THE EPISODE STILL SUCKED! At least when I anticipated him on the Brak Show, I wasn't disappointed. :(

Simpsons should off the air now, as much as I love them. If they do make a movie, they probably will concentrate on jam-packing it with celebrity cameos more than remembering what made the Simpsons funny in the first six or seven years.

And it wasn't pointless celebrity cameos.

But I still liked the Weird Al part.

Professor Cool
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Did anyone notice that ant the end of the credits, when weird al was singing the song, they kept show the same animation of him over and over again?

Zomboid
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Hey, the simpsons kicked ass for more than 6 or 7 seasons, it was really good up until like season 10, then it just got worse every season.

The Unseen
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:09 PM
If i could make a show it would be so cool, it would blow n00b3 out of the water. >:

Daphne
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:24 AM
I love the Simpsons, I still think it's one of the best shows on TV right now.

When I hate a show, or think it's gone down hill, I stop watching it.

whoreable
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:48 AM
I dont think the simpsons is THAT bad. Shit I still would rather watch that than most other shows on tv right now. I dont see how everyone can think it is that bad considering the heap of shit shows that surround it.

Zomboid
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:22 AM
I can think it's that bad because of what it used to be. It WAS the funniest show on tv, bar none. Now it's just shit. I'd almost rather watch some lame wb teen drama shit over it now. One or two good jokes an episode isn't enough reason for me to sit through the slow, painful death of one of my favorite shows. I want it to get cancelled now or the creators to realize how much it sucks and just end it.

Daphne
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:29 AM
I don't get that, if it makes you so angry then why watch it?

Ninjavenom
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:30 AM
That's our diehard fanboyism, hopoing for a good episode during the season. I'm still a huge fan, but i'm going to criticize the show if i see that there's something wrong with it. Zomboid is right, too, it used to be the funniest show around, but now it's getting too corrupted by the new writing staff, and is getting totaly gayed up by using terrible, horrible jokes that should be on MTV. I honestly would enjoy the show more than now if it was written by Bob Saget.

Esuohlim
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Conan should go back to writing on the show.

NOW.

My favorite episodes were written by him, like Selma's Choice, the one where she takes the kids to Duff Gardens.

:(

Zomboid
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:42 AM
That summed it up pretty well. I can't really purposely miss an episode of the simpsons, bad or not. One of the things that makes it harder for me to watch now is how the characters seem to have changed. I'm not gonna get into it now because I'm extremely tired and would hate to type that much, but rest assured, there are more opinions to be shared on the subject >:

Daphne
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:52 AM
I'll admit, it's nowhere near as good as it was even 4 seasons ago, but I don't think it's THAT bad.
Sunday's made me laugh out loud a few times. Fanboy or no, when a show I like sucks, I stop watching.

How else will they get the message they need to change?

Think about it, if the ratings are fine, then they assume everything is fine, however if they drop and the fans all bitch about how horrid it is, maybe they'll take notice.

Zomboid
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Even though I know it sucks I can't bring myself to not watch it :(

Milhouse: Agreed. Loved those episodes.

Daphne
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Conan should go back to writing on the show.

NOW.

My favorite episodes were written by him, like Selma's Choice, the one where she takes the kids to Duff Gardens.

Conan didn't write that one. David M. Stern did.

Conan wrote: Homer goes to College, New Kid on the Block and Marge vs. the Monorail.

ShanghaiOrange
Apr 15th, 2003, 04:26 PM
...and I quote:

Comic Book Guy - "Last night's "Itchy and Scratchy" was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world."
Bart - "Hey, I know it wasn't great, but what right do you have to complain?"
Comic Book Guy - "As a loyal viewer, I feel they own me."
Bart - "What? They've given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free! What could they possible owe you? If anything, you own them!"
Comic Book Guy - "Worst episode ever."

Ninjavenom
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:03 PM
You get some points for that one. ;)

noob3
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Sienfeld was always funnier than the Simpsons

ShanghaiOrange
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:17 PM

Monkeys are funnier than penguins. >:

noob3
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:35 PM
I was commenting on whoever said "Simpsons was always the funniest show on tv, bar NONE!"

Esuohlim
Apr 15th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Conan didn't write that one. David M. Stern did.

Really? :(

Hm, I could've sworn he wrote that one and The Front, along with the three you said. Or maybe it said "Co-Written". I have them all taped somewhere, but something said Conan O'Brien when they were watching the Duff Gardens commercial. :/

Cap'n Crunch
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:58 PM
I think the Simpsons turned into shit. They go back and watch the old episodes for ideas. They already had a gay episode, where Frank, the gay guy, saves Homer from the robot Santa. The new writers are terrible. Any one of us could make a better script. They only have 2 more seasons left, that is how much longer FOX signed them up for. I heard there was a movie coming out after the series is over. The way it is going now, I think it is going to be SHIT.

Krythor
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:06 PM
If they ARE going to release a movie (I don't think it's confirmed yet,) they should dump most of the current writing staff and bring in some of the classic writers, perhaps the writers of the most popular episodes throughout the show's run. I doubt any of them would turn the offer down, unless they really thought that they could accidentally ruin it.

Cap'n Crunch
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:18 PM
I think they are all retired. :/

Zomboid
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:19 PM
No, seinfeld's funny but the simpsons seasons up to 10 beat it. The first season sucks but seinfeld's kinda did too.

Cap'n Crunch
Apr 16th, 2003, 02:43 AM
If you have noticed, they play the same episodes over and over again during the week. A few days ago I watched it. The colors are faded because they over played it so much. Some episodes are funny, but when you play the same one twice within a 2-week span, it gets old fast.

Esuohlim
Apr 16th, 2003, 10:52 AM
I have nearly every single one on tape and it NEVER GETS FUCKING OLD. >:

Daphne
Apr 16th, 2003, 10:54 AM
but something said Conan O'Brien when they were watching the Duff Gardens commercial. :/

he produced quite a few :)

awosmedudejake
Feb 4th, 2011, 08:24 PM
i think the simpsons rock:rock i think the 20th season was little bad and a little good but the new season is starting to be funny again i mean uit was funny during the 20 and 21th season but the new 22end i think is starting to be really funny so there comeing back i love the simpsons:love who ever hates the simpsons screw you:fu

executioneer
Feb 4th, 2011, 08:48 PM
this has to be some kind of fucking record

do you realise this thread was probably about the 14th-15th season of the simpsons

because it's from seven fucking years ago

Pentegarn
Feb 5th, 2011, 11:00 AM
This thread's so old I'm pretty sure Jesus Christ must have posted in it somewhere

captain516
Feb 5th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Do these morons actually go back and read all the threads from hella years ago
b/c that's the saddest thing I've read all day

Grislygus
Feb 6th, 2011, 02:24 AM
The simpsons suck now, and all the voice actors agree with us DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAMABUAHUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zhukov
Feb 7th, 2011, 06:31 AM
How could you accidentally think that this thread was current? Wouldn't you have to go back ten or fifty pages to even find it?

How do they do it?

darkvare
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
title should be changed to yesteryear simpsons

Tadao
Feb 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Yesteryear? more like yesterdecade. :rolleyes

Dr. Boogie
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:19 PM
My god. When thread was active, I was still in college and optimistic about getting a career afterward.:lol