PDA

View Full Version : ? for (somewhat) mature guys

MisSFiT
Jun 25th, 2007, 11:17 PM
So, if you were somewhat talking to a girl and after you were getting off the phone, the conversation ended with "give me a call, or I'll call you" what does that mean?
Does it mean:
A. Call me
B. Don't call me, I'll call you, and if i dont go screw yourself
C. I don't care either way
D. I really don't care if I talk to you again, if I do cool, if I don't cool.

executioneer
Jun 25th, 2007, 11:38 PM
why does everytihng have to MEAN something sheesh

executioneer
Jun 25th, 2007, 11:39 PM
it means "hey call me if you're interested in me, and if you don't then if i'm still interested in you i will call you"

that or "PHONE EQUIVALENT TO A BLINKING CONTEST, FIRST ONE TO CALL LOSES"

executioneer
Jun 25th, 2007, 11:46 PM
that or it means "whoops i've got a variant form of tourette's syndrome where i spout out semi-polite but somewhat vague phone goodbyes"

MisSFiT
Jun 26th, 2007, 12:08 AM
:lol It does ALWAYS have to mean something. unfortunatly girls, or maybe just me, can't just take things as they are and I always have to analyze things too deeply. Sorry :(

Esuohlim
Jun 26th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Hey here's an idea if you're going to spend the duration of a possibly budding relationship treating everything as if it's a mind game then maybe the guy would be unlucky to be going out with you in the long run anyway so why don't you just call him back and end it ok, trust me.

Cosmo Electrolux
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:33 AM
it means "hey call me if you're interested in me, and if you don't then if i'm still interested in you i will call you"

that or "PHONE EQUIVALENT TO A BLINKING CONTEST, FIRST ONE TO CALL LOSES"

This is the correct answer. I think that , basically, this person wants to talk to you again, regardless of who initiates the call.

Krythor
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:40 AM
and Larry David said "that's an episode."

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 26th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Initiate the call, sheesh

MisSFiT
Jun 26th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I did, sheesh.

We're going to have sex tomorrow.
JK??

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 26th, 2007, 11:41 AM
and Larry David said "that's an episode." :\

DeadKennedys
Jun 26th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I did, sheesh.

We're going to have sex tomorrow.
JK??

This is I-mockery. No virgins allowed.

MisSFiT
Jun 26th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I'm old enough to be your mother.

I just started dating again after a year and a half, so if it seems as though my questions are somewhat high school, it's because I sort of feel like I am in high school, dating is so gay.

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 27th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Newsflash. Hear yea, hear yea, MisSFIT is going to have sex today. Remember to update.

MisSFiT
Jun 27th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I was kidding I swear.

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 27th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I know :\

MisSFiT
Jun 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Well, i'm not ruling out the possibility...

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 27th, 2007, 01:01 AM
of what?

MisSFiT
Jun 27th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Of getting drunk.

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
So, if you were somewhat talking to a girl and after you were getting off the phone, the conversation ended with "give me a call, or I'll call you" what does that mean?
Does it mean:
A. Call me
B. Don't call me, I'll call you, and if i dont go screw yourself
C. I don't care either way
D. I really don't care if I talk to you again, if I do cool, if I don't cool.

MisSFiT
Jun 27th, 2007, 02:55 PM
It means:
E. You better call me you bastard.

Cosmo Electrolux
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
so, what happened? Did he call back? Did you call him? Did you get a date or something?

MisSFiT
Jun 28th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Like Oh my GOD, we went on a date. :)
First dates are extremely uncomfortable. :(
Just thought I'd throw that out there. :\

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 28th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I'm routing for you

executioneer
Jun 28th, 2007, 08:11 PM
what exactly are you routing, and where

MisSFiT
Jun 28th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I think he meant rooting, but anyway, thanks.
Does a guy usually call right away, or do they usually wait to act like they are cool? There is no way I'm calling him, I think that would make me seem too desperate, right? guys? amd I right?
I really don't like liking people, that is why I act like a sarcastic bitch and I guess if he can deal with that for a llittle while until I get comfortable and break down my "wall of torture" then that means they are a keeper. But really how annoying is that when you are trying to get to know someone? I need to change my ways, maybe I should go on Dr. Phil?

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 29th, 2007, 06:58 AM
MisSFIT, thanks for saving my ass on the routing thing. Yea, actually it should read rooting. :\

Correct. It is stipulated in Chapter 2 of the Dating manual for Cool (Immature) guys. It reads something to this effect: 'Never, ever make contact with her immediately. Let her "suffer" for a while'.

So, leave it for a while and see what happens. Don't fret. I agree, don't call him. He must make the first move.:)

Cosmo Electrolux
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I think there is an unwritten "guy" thing where the man must wait three days before calling the girl. However, I broke with accepted protocol with my current girlfriend and called her when I got home after our first date. She later told me that my calling made a HUGE impression.

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:27 AM
You, good sir, are not immature.:bow

Cosmo Electrolux
Jun 29th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Well, I am, but not about everything :)

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

MockMeAmadeus
Jun 29th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Thank you.

MattJack
Jun 29th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Does a guy usually call right away, or do they usually wait to act like they are cool? There is no way I'm calling him, I think that would make me seem too desperate, right? guys? amd I right?
I really don't like liking people, that is why I act like a sarcastic bitch and I guess if he can deal with that for a llittle while until I get comfortable and break down my "wall of torture" then that means they are a keeper. But really how annoying is that when you are trying to get to know someone? I need to change my ways, maybe I should go on Dr. Phil?

I tell a girl when I'm going to call her, or ask.

"Can I call you this week?"

"Can I call you tomorrow/in a few days?"

Most guys wait a couple of days before calling a girl because they don't want to seem desperate. I would only suggest calling this hombre in a couple of days if you really like him.

Text messages are a lot easier, so I would suggest texting him if you wanna talk.

Cosmo Electrolux
Jun 29th, 2007, 01:03 PM

wait a minute....you're sarcastic and pretend you don't like the guy, then expect him to call? Um....okay.

MattJack
Jun 29th, 2007, 01:34 PM
wait a minute....you're sarcastic and pretend you don't like the guy, then expect him to call? Um....okay.

Women are strange, strange creatures.

Men are from Mars, women are from Crazy.

Or as my father always says:

"Women, can't live with em, can't kill 'em."

Cosmo Electrolux
Jun 29th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I've said that a few times myself...yep.

MisSFiT
Jun 30th, 2007, 01:17 AM
No, I don't really act like a bitch or pretend not to like him. I just sort of like to make fun of people in a flirting type of manner:\

Anyway he texted me today, so I guess it sort of worked. Now I don't know if I like him anymore. :(

Perndog
Jun 30th, 2007, 10:29 AM
The "wait so you don't seem desperate" thing only goes for guys. Girls should call whenever they feel like, as long as it's not in the middle of the night or repeatedly. Better yet, make plans for the second date while you're still on the first date, then you don't have to do the stupid phone thing at all.

MisSFiT
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:41 PM
I'm kidding, I do like him, but I don't like mixed messages, or mind games, if that is what you would call it, I don't know. I'll call him tomorrow.

Esuohlim
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:21 AM
No, do what I said

MockMeAmadeus
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:38 AM
Shit, she already called.:\

MisSFiT
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:05 AM
What do you mean? So what if I called, what does that mean? I shouldn't had huh?

I know milhouse, I should have just done what you said in the first place, and said screw it.

Cosmo Electrolux
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:48 AM
:eek holy crap, you called him??? That's a egregious breach of etiquette, young lady... there could be consequences.

MisSFiT
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:59 PM
I know, he texted me first on friday. Now I haven't heard from him. Oh well, you win some you lose some, I'm pretty f-n irratated. I don't understand those things called men.

Cosmo Electrolux
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:31 AM
we are complicated animals. :)

MisSFiT
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:41 AM
No, your just animals. But not like human animals.

MockMeAmadeus
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Nope, we are like human animals. Trust me, they are the worst.

MockMeAmadeus
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
Use strategy on him. Phone him and ask him what does he want out of this. Only two options. Yes or No. That's it. If yes, great. If no, well then he is the loser. As long as it's not in the middle of the night or repeatedly.

Cosmo Electrolux
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:38 AM
No, your just animals. But not like human animals.

ah, so now we resort to generalization.

MisSFiT
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Sorry :\
I only meant part of that.
Yeah I just need to be straight forward and ask.
we have mutual friends so I might see him this weekend, I'll ask when I'm drunk!! :)

MockMeAmadeus
Jul 4th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Alcohol is one of the major causes of repetitiveness in the middle of the night. So take it slow on the booze, young lady:)

Perndog
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:03 AM
FUCK it's not that big a deal just call him right now, make plans, and don't talk to him until your date. Then go on the date, and before it's over, make plans to meet again. REPEAT UNTIL SEX OCCURS. >:

MisSFiT
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I did fucker! :)
What did you mean by "until sex occurs."

Perndog
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I mean that when sex occurs you obviously know where things stand and your question has been fully answered.

MockMeAmadeus
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I did fucker! :)
What did you mean by "until sex occurs."

Then get pregnant, marry him, get the kid (or more than one), wait until he acquired a good income (and house perferably), then make him miserably, then divorce him, then get 1/2 of what he has acquired, then meet someone else and start all over again. In short, LIVE life!:\

MisSFiT
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Wow, I can tell you have been damaged by "life"

Cosmo Electrolux
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:27 PM
someone is a little bitter....I mean besides me.