PDA

View Full Version : Sigh

noob3
Feb 4th, 2003, 12:52 PM
This is the most stupid thing ever. I have, well kind of an online GF. I'm not even sure if it's a relationship. But me and this girl are pretty close, we use to talk almost everyday. I really like her, and stuff. I like her way more then I should like an internet girl, I've known her for like 2-3 years now. Except latley she has been not getting on as much, or even e-mailing me. And when she does get on, she promissed she'll e-mail me (she dosn't) and then she has to go real fast. She's been kind of flakey latley, and it's just been depressing.

I can't blame her for having a life, I know. But I'm just wondering if I shouldn't be getting upset over this. It's creepy. I think I may love her :( Eeek :(

I'm a nerd >:

Protoclown
Feb 4th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Uhhh...have you EVER met her at all? Talked to her on the phone? What's the most contact you've ever had with her? How far away is she?

Internet relationships are a bad bad BAD idea, Noob3. I wouldn't take it personally or seriously, if you can manage that.

noob3
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:03 PM
I use to talk to her on the phone alot, heh. But we stopped because we both agreed it was costly to our parents, as we are both jobless :p She's pretty far away :( Half a country, she lives in WA and I live in Oklahoma :/ We talk about meeting alot :(

And I know they're bad ideas :( And I do take it personally AND seriously, and that's one of the reasons I'm sad :9

Protoclown
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Sounds like she's found other things to do, and if that's the case, there's not much you can do about it.

If you go out and try to meet people, it might take your mind off it. :/

noob3
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:17 PM
:(

James
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Sounds like she's found other things to do

Like guy that's actually located near her, and isn't a total faggot. :)

wreckreation
Feb 4th, 2003, 02:29 PM
The NW rocks, but LDR's online are doomed. Love doesn't exist anyways.

noob3
Feb 4th, 2003, 03:52 PM
NW?

GnrySgtHartman
Feb 4th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Mikey

wreckreation
Feb 4th, 2003, 05:48 PM
pop quiz. you are in OK. she is in ______?

Protoclown
Feb 4th, 2003, 06:03 PM
WA!!

Am I right?? Do I get a prize??

noob3
Feb 4th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Oh, I was trying to see if NW was some crazy acronym because you used "LDR".

Protoclown
Feb 4th, 2003, 06:22 PM
I think he meant Northwest, which is weird because Oklahoma is a state and Northwest is not, and it's like we're playing "one of these things is not like the other" all over again.

Anyway, I think Wreck is probably right about love. I complain and I complain about girls, but I think what it really boils down to is that I'm just sexually frustrated. I need to get laid, get it over with, and that'll be the end of it.

I can't honestly say that I can envision any sort of relationship that would be worth all the time and effort required to maintain it. Seems like a poor investment of time when 90% of the things end badly anyway.

Noob3, we're all probably much better off not paying any attention to all that love and romance crap. Shit, we just need to find ourselves some hobbies we can put ourselves into or something.

GnrySgtHartman
Feb 4th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Like have sex?

wreckreation
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:23 PM
OR and WA are buddies :)
hence NW.

and it's nothign to be sad over about love not existing. You can have tons of fun without havign to worry about stupid butterfly feelings. It really makes life a lot easier and a lot better. Everyone i know who believes in love wishes they didn't. :(

wreckreation
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:25 PM
2 more cents. sex, at least for me, was much more of a letdown than love was. so if you want a hobby, the gym and stuff like that is the right direction. endorphins and goals and you get in good shape.

AChimp
Feb 4th, 2003, 10:33 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/achimp/wreck.jpg

Noob, don't pull a Chojin. Internet girlfriends will never work out, and you're more likely to have a meaningful relationship with a chatbot. :(

Geggy
Feb 4th, 2003, 11:44 PM
I've had similiar experience as noob did except only that we did get to meet in real life. We really thought we were meant for each other since we found out that we had so many things in common. It turned out to be a disaster. The chemistry between us were completely flat and dull. After that, I swore myself I would never get to know a girl through the internet ever again. It's just ain't natural that way.

Jixby Phillips
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:10 AM
ACHIMP THAT WAS STUPID :lol

Helm
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:42 PM
No big deal. Get another internet girlfriend to fill in the emotional gaps. I'll do it. Soft and tender like. We can even cyber if you want.

noob3
Feb 5th, 2003, 02:01 PM
:love :yum :love

But on a serious note, she sent me a long e-mail today :( And we talked for awhile. :( I'm weak >:

Jixby Phillips
Feb 5th, 2003, 02:26 PM
I'M IN LOVE WITH !!!! ON THE INTERENT :lol

!!!!
Feb 5th, 2003, 02:35 PM
I HOPE YOU DIE :lol

noob3
Feb 5th, 2003, 02:41 PM
awww

Buffalo Tom
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:47 PM
I'm with wreck. What we think of as love is a series of infatuations and periods of horniness.

noob3
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:50 PM
I love my mom >: And I'm not infatuated or horny around her :(

Protoclown
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:07 PM
That's great. Romantic love is still a giant crock of shit, born out of desperation and a fear of facing this fucked up horrible world alone. It's high time we all throw away our crutches, grow some balls, punch the world square in the jaw, knee it in the groin, and pay for the occasional meaningless dirty sex when hormones demand. Because that, my friends, is what life is all about.

wreckreation
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:16 PM
you don't need sex. sex is a scam anyways. it's all media hype. you can do your own thing and enjoy your own life free from any crutches like faget relationships and sexual dependence. hell relationships these days are all co-dependent and everyone who wants one pretty much wants an unhealthy one so they have a reason to not feel content with the world.

GnrySgtHartman
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:35 PM
WAIT A MINUTE GENTLEMEN! I have an excellent proposition, lets all chip in 100 bucks so we can get noob on blind date!

excellent point wreck.

sadie
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:07 AM
i'm thinking maybe you didn't do something right, wreck. :lol

wreckreation
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:19 AM
you would. but you'd be wrong. :lol

sadie
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:33 AM
wreck, prove it. :P

and noob, i understand your dilemma. i know several people who have met and ended up in a satisfying real-life union with people they first met online. so i wouldn't go so far as to say all internet relationships are bad, per se.
but long-distance "love" of any kind has always been difficult. when i was 16 and 17, my "true love" lived in texas, way far away from my virginia home. he came to my town to stay with his grandparents during the summers, and the rest of the time, i spent countless hours aching over him. of course, we didn't have a non-costly way to keep in touch as you do.
regardless, proceed with caution.

wreckreation
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:49 AM
IM me on AIM and i'd be glad to.
love was made up by the troubadours and sex is reinforced by the media.

James
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:52 AM
My parents claimed to be in love, and got married.

As far back as I can remember, they've done nothing but fight. Things escalated to the point that my mom needed a root canal because my dad hit her face into the headboard of their bed.

So is that love?

sadie
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:57 AM
wreck, which troubadors? the ones that predate the greek philosophers?

and jamesman, your parents' is an unhealthy relationship, to say the least. that they fight doesn't mean they don't love each other, and it certainly isn't a sign of love itself to me.

LegoLars
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:59 AM
by hurting someone, how can you possibly love the very same?

James
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Yeah. So if that's what the delusion of love leads to, I'm glad that God's shit on me so many times. He's saving me.

sadie
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:05 AM
yes, lars. sometimes, the ones we love the most are the very same ones we hurt the most. :(

i don't know the details, jamesman, so i'm hesitant to comment very much on your parents' situation. but love doesn't necessarily end up that way.

MrAdventure
The concept of love has been ruined by people with poor vocabularies, and the concept of true love has been ruined by people that are desperate to believe they're involved in something so special and invincible.

MUTUAL COMPLACENCE.

GET IN THE WHOLE LOVE VERSUS INFATUATION BASKET. :wahwah

wreckreation
booyaw. you guys get it. :)
sadie: still haven't IM'd me.
http://condor.depaul.edu/~dsimpson/tlove/courtlylove.html

sadie
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:07 AM
DAMN STRAIGHT, mradventure.

and wreck, patience is a virtue. :P

James
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Well look at you, Sadie. You thought you were in love, right? And what happened there?

Love is just a delusion we fill out minds with, to make us believe that we won't float through life like meaningless lumps of crap, alone until the way our flesh rots from out bones.

sadie
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:24 AM
"in love" and "love" are two separate things to me. being in love is feeling the butterflies and shit. love itself is not as much about emotion as it is commitment.

and i still love my ex. i care about his well-being. but i could no longer make the decision to be with him.

Helm
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:25 PM
MrAdventure made a very good post concerning the topic at hand. Thanks.

As to love, being in love, or just horny, I have come to the conclusion that one could fall in love with a personality, but so far I have yet to find a personality in a woman that fascinated me so. Though I have found some men, but so far I feel content of picking their brains instead of fucking them. Thus, lust remains the main driving force of all the rationalised feelings of 'love' we experience. We overuse a word that has a very loose meaning, and we do it because -as MrAdventure said- it makes us feel better, special.

FS
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Love is wrong because it distracts from the purity of life's pain? wtf? :(

I think I could live a pretty much happy life even if I never found someone I'm really in love with. If I would, however, I bet it would make my life a lot more fun. And I'm always looking to make my life more fun.

James
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Well if you're looking to make your life more fun through delusions, you might as well get high instead. At least weed is real.

noob3
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:46 PM
The high caused by weed isn't real, it's made up! Just like love! :lol

Oh, and PS: I've decided to attempt to move on from the internet girl person, or atleast try. She's unhealthy. And upsetting.

Royal Tenenbaum
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:28 PM
"occasional meaningless dirty sex"

Does 'occasional meaningless' also mean 'never'?

FS
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:35 PM
I believe all emotions to be, at least partially, based on chemical reactions in the brain. To that end, having fun because of love for me is not so different from having fun because of drugs. However, I can still operate heavy machinery while in love. :P

This is probably not what I'd say if I were in love right now, of course.

Helm
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Does occaional meaningless also mean 'never'?

No. 'occaional' doesn't mean never. It doesn't mean anything. :lowblow

Skulhedface
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:30 PM
You're overanalyzing love. Of course anything, ESPECIALLY love, will end up looking like hell if you put the microscope to it. What if I let you know, by overanalyzation, that the food you eat, at ANY time, ANY thing, is nothing but unprocessed shit? But does that stop you from eating?

And Prot: I wouldn't rush into getting laid. Not because it's not fun or anything, but doing it once won't cure sexual frustration. It'll just end up making it worse. Unless you have bouts with bad sex, I dare any of you non-virgins to tell me truthfully that you didn't want more. Just a thought.

sadie
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:09 AM
Well if you're looking to make your life more fun through delusions, you might as well get high instead. At least weed is real.
i think that's like the coolest thing you've ever said, jamesman. http://dgostation.com/sadie/emoticons/bongroll.gif

Protoclown
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:19 AM
And Prot: I wouldn't rush into getting laid. Not because it's not fun or anything, but doing it once won't cure sexual frustration. It'll just end up making it worse. Unless you have bouts with bad sex, I dare any of you non-virgins to tell me truthfully that you didn't want more. Just a thought.

Oh, I agree, Skulhedface. That's not really what I'm looking for at all. Most of what I said in this thread was just my bad mood talking, I didn't believe any of the shit I said.

Skulhedface
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:28 PM
Just making sure. Bad moods suck.

LobsterMagnet
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:59 PM
As to love, being in love, or just horny, I have come to the conclusion that one could fall in love with a personality, but so far I have yet to find a personality in a woman that fascinated me so. Though I have found some men, but so far I feel content of picking their brains instead of fucking them. Thus, lust remains the main driving force of all the rationalised feelings of 'love' we experience. We overuse a word that has a very loose meaning, and we do it because -as MrAdventure said- it makes us feel better, special.

Did I ever mention that helm rocks my world... ever? Because helm rocks my world.:)

Shit... I want that tattooed on me... sigh...

glowbelly
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:21 AM
:lol

wreck has a girlfriend

:lol

sadie
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:36 AM
is it me? :lol