PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim is getting lame

noob3
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:01 AM
Pfft, I'm not even going to bother tuning in weekday nights anymore. Futurama is okay, but it was even better with Home Movies. Pardon me, but I think Family Guy SUCKS. I seriously think it's one of the most annoying shows ever. Oh, look. He's being stupid/offensive and he dosn't realize it! Oh, that baby sure is cynicle!... For a baby! Wow, innuendo! I know my sarcasm isn't that great either but you get the picture. And what, now? They're putting anime on Sundays? Anime and BABY BLUES? Sigh.

Les Waste
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah, but when they do start putting anime on Sundays in a month, they'll also start showing new episodes of ATHF, Sealab, and Brak. Adult Swim is boring now, but new episodes of ATHF are gonna make everything aaaaaaaaall right

whoreable
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:54 AM
i agree. they need home movies back on. as for baby blues...at least I fall asleep before it comes on everytime so I guess I dont care.

CastroMotorOil
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:32 PM
i love family guy simply because it is one of the most random shows ever. One of the best examples is in the very first episode when peter is found guilty at court.
Oh no!
Oh no!
Oh no!
Oh no!
(Kool aid man bursting through the wall)
OH YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!
(He then sheepisly back out of the room)

Krythor
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:46 PM
What Family Guy does best is make you think they're making a predictable joke and then totally go the other way, which is MORE obvious, but you overlooked it because you figured they were trying to be clever. I can't remember any instances off the top of my head because I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm sure someone else knows what I mean.

I think CN seriously needs to ditch baby blues and the ripping friends to make it watchable, I can't fucking stand those two shows.

And yeah, Home Movies is definitely my Favorite of all the Adult Swim shows.

Ninjavenom
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
I think Family Guy SUCKS

:explode :explode :explode

FlakTrooper
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:00 PM
Family Guy is the exact opposite of something that sucks

whoreable
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:05 PM
I watched family guy a bit when it was new. I found it quite overrated. I started watching now. it still hasnt "wowed" me. Maybe I jsut havent seen the really good episodes...

ItalianStereotype
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:27 PM
whichever way you swing on family guy, dumping home movies was the absolute best move they have ever made.

Zomboid
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:28 PM
Family guy is fucking hilarious. I don't get how anyone can't like it.

Perfect Suspect
Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:03 PM
Family Guy is pretty good

Home movies was okay but the squigglevision got annoying like it did in Dr. Katz, that and Dr. Katz wasn't that funny to begin with...

Of course that is just my opinion.

NIGhtMAre
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:45 PM
Family guy is the bomb.

Black Flag
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:15 PM
Home Movies is the best show in Adult Swim's repertoire.

Family Guy is utter shit.

Esuohlim
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:10 PM
ALL KIDS OUT OF THE POOL. >:

Family Guy and Futurama are all right, but they aren't Adult Swim material. To me, Adult Swim was about under-rated shows (Home Movies and Mission Hill) and just-plain-weird cartoons (Sealab and ATHF).

Putting Family Guy and Futurama in it doesn't make it seem like it anymore. I don't know how to explain it. It just doesn't seem like Adult Swim.

And I don't understand why they take Space Ghost out and put two episodes of ATHF or Brak Show in. Space Ghost has more than enough episodes to get away with putting two episodes out a week, so why did they do it with Brak Show, which had 10 or so.

Cartoon Network really sucks. >:

noob3
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:13 AM
Cartoon Network dosn't suck, they just cater to the wider audience: Stupid people. Thus, we get Family Guy, Oblongs, a second EP of Brak Show, & Baby Blues.

Futurama is good. Home movies is great. Family guy sucks. I tuned in tonight for Futurama, and when Family Guy came on I had to change the channel due to the sheer obnoxiousness of the show.

ItalianStereotype
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:32 AM
the ONLY show on adult swim weekdays is inuyasha, on sundays it's baby blues. other than that, this is the best lineup ever.

noob3
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Says you, stupid.

Esuohlim
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:54 AM
We can all hopefully agree on the fact that Baby Blues sucks.

If we can't, then all hope is lost.

FS
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Good God. I didn't think ANYONE from here would hate Family Guy.

I love Home Movies too, but at least for that one I can see where people are coming from when they don't like it.

whoreable
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:21 AM
I personally dont really hate it. but I think it is overrated.

Zomboid
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Oh you're so right noob, anyone who likes family guy is obviously stupid. I mean, what the fuck is with that show? Making people laugh like that...ridiculous.

FlakTrooper
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:02 AM
There must be some other halfway decent toon they can slap into Baby Blues time slot.

noob3
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:48 AM
The average person is more likley to enjoy Family Guy over Home Movies. The average person is most likley stupid.

Protoclown
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:22 PM
I love "Family Guy". It's hilarious.

I saw "Home Movies" once or twice, about two years ago. IT FUCKING SUCKED. I never laughed once.

The best show on Adult Swim is one that none of you fuckers have mentioned yet (at least in the context of best show)...SEALAB 2021.

Second best is Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

THAT IS ALL.

Esuohlim
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah, Sealab is the best show. And you can appreciate it more if you've ever seen Sealab 2020 WHICH IS LITERALLY THE MOST BORING SHOW EVER.

Which is why I was surprised to like 7211, the episode that was just an old Sealab 2020 episode with the voices replaced. I guess it was because the most wacky and hilarious thing they could have done was make it boring and unfunny. :/

Zomboid
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:06 PM
The average person is more likley to enjoy Family Guy over Home Movies. The average person is most likley stupid.

Actually, no. The average person is too stupid to really enjoy family guy. Notice how it was on fox and didn't last? Well that's not because the typical fox viewer is too smart for it.

It's got such random jokes and doesn't hold back. Funniest show in years.

Zbu Manowar
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:14 PM
I agree with the Baby Blues backlash. While Mission Hill and the Oblongs aren't that bad, Baby Blues should have all of the episodes burned and the ash buried somewhere in the Ukraine. It's awful. And the reason why it's awful is because out of all the shows on Adult Swim, from ATHF and Sealab to even Home Movies and the Ripping Friends, it's just too fucking normal to be even remotely amusing. Adult Swim is about being racy and nasty and goofy and downright strange. Baby Blues is like the 45 year old child molester at a junior high talent show: it has no place there and the sooner it leaves, the better.

As for Futurama and Family Guy, they're too high profile to be on Adult Swim. Sure, they're funny and insightful and such but Adult Swim is an exclusive club. If you don't somehow fit into the Williams Street mold of being irreverent or goofy or somehow entertaining, then you're not allowed in. And while both Futurama and Family Guy do deserve a home at CN instead of the complete fuckwits at Fox, they won't really be a part of Adult Swim. They can't. Everybody knows who they are.

And as for anime.....shit, just put it on after Adult Swim. Keep the Williams Street hour safe. If they destroy that, it's all over. Enough said.

Perfect Suspect
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Baby Blues is one of those shows that are 99% family cartoon with the 1% of non PC humor. It's not even that non PC. I mean it's based of a Funnies comic. Why don't they just put Garfield and Friends on and change the words "stupid" to "Dumbass" so it could look like it fits the Adult Swim programming.

Take out Baby Blues
Replace it with the two Spcae Ghost episodes like it used to be.

I think we can all agree with that.

Zbu Manowar
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Damn straight. I'm half-tempted to write a letter and see if they can do it. Or just do what I always do: turn the channel to something else before Duckman comes on.

Black Flag
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Proto - Sealab went in to the shitter at the end of the second season, Aquateen Hungerforce is so much better.

And watching a couple of the pilot episodes a couple years ago is hardly a fair way to judge Home Movies.

Cap'n Crunch
Apr 24th, 2003, 10:36 PM
I think Family Guy is one of the funniest shows in a while. If you like it, or dislike it, you know you have laughed at least once. As for Home Movies, I think it sucks. I think it is so boring, and the plots are in regular life, but in slow motion. I think taking out Home Movies for Family Guy was great. If you don't, fine then, don't watch it.

whoreable
Apr 24th, 2003, 10:48 PM
You fucking suck.

Home movies is awesome. I dont mind that they dont show it everyday now though, since I think I have seen em all.

Like I said family guy isnt that bad, in fact it can be pretty good, but all you people overhype the shit outta it. I think I like futurama more than it now.

2nd season sealab was very disapointing.
The brak show was quite the let down too.

Cap'n Crunch
Apr 24th, 2003, 10:56 PM
If you are just going to sit there and complain about what shows they are showing, why don't you just download the ones you want off of the internet?

Krythor
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:51 PM
I like Family Guy, but I agree with whoreable, it IS overrated. After you've seen an episode, the surprise of it all is lost, and that's what made it funny in the first place -- it was unexpected.

Home Movies is an entirely different kind of humour altogether, you have to sit and concentrate on it. Some episodes are weak, but some are just laugh out loud all the way through.

They're two totally different shows, arguing over which should stay is stupid, they should just take Baby Blues and The Ripping Friends off >:

As for Family Guy and Futurama not "fitting" on Adult Swim, if Adult Swim hadn't picked them up, then we wouldn't get to watch them again. At least they're somewhere, I don't give a flying fudge if they "Fit" or not.

Les Waste
Apr 25th, 2003, 12:35 AM
http://pub82.ezboard.com/ftheadultswimmessageboardfrm1

>:

Teenage_Zombie138
Apr 25th, 2003, 01:27 AM
If you are just going to sit there and complain about what shows they are showing, why don't you just download the ones you want off of the internet?

and i suggest you all download the ATHF christmas Epsoide why you ask? one word DANZIG (waith thats not a word its a name...shut up!)

Zomboid
Apr 25th, 2003, 09:14 AM
http://pub82.ezboard.com/ftheadultswimmessageboardfrm1

>:
Not only does robo post there, but he posts about how good holes is. That board is tainted.

Esuohlim
Apr 25th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Home Movies was my favorite half-hour long show on Adult Swim. :(

It's not really joke-funny. The funny is kind of subtle, mostly because it seems based on real-life situations. But Jon McGuirk is the best character of any show ever. I actually know people like McGuirk. I guess if you know people like him, you find him funnier. :/