PDA

View Full Version : Printer question

FS
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:43 AM
Say you've got a color cartridge for your printer, you took it out of its vaccuum-closed wrapper, but you didn't put it in your printer yet. Also, there's still a strip of plastic covering the printer heads.

Say you found out that your old color cartridge wasn't as empty as you thought it was. How would one go about preserving the above mentioned, new cartridge until it's needed?

Should it be kept cold, warm or at room temperature? With the printer heads turned up, or down? Or does it all not matter because the cartridge can't dry out with that strip of plastic covering the heads?

pjalne
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:54 AM
My guess would be room temperature. Just put some plastic wrapping arund it to be sure. Shouldn't be a problem.

whoreable
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:00 PM
my guess would be to put it in a ziplock bag and take as much air out as possible. but then again I have no idea. but that would probaly be the easiest way to get it similar to the original packaging at least

Cap'n Crunch
Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:24 PM
It doesn't matter at all, as long as the ink stays inside of the cartridge.

whoreable
Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:28 PM
it does matter. they seal em up so they wont dry out as fast. as far as weather conditions go...i dont know.