PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Petition

Miss Modular
Apr 28th, 2003, 05:00 PM
I know some of you are Star Wars/LOTR fans, so I thought I'd pass this along:

http://www.petitiononline.com/dgkomxpq/petition.html

Teenage_Zombie138
Apr 28th, 2003, 05:08 PM
nothing loads, maybe im loser, can you explain what petition has to do with star wars and LOTR

Royal Tenenbaum
Apr 28th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Did you click on the link and read? Try it next time you fucking moron.

Peter Jackson isn't that great. There should be a petition to get Jim Jarmusch to direct Ep. 3. And since Ep. 3 is already being made, it's a little late. Also, the direction isn't that bad, it's the screenwriting. So they should try and get someone really cool to write the films, instead of Lucas.

James
Apr 28th, 2003, 06:13 PM
"To: Star Wars
We hereby, the undersigned, in spirit of our raped childhood's, ask that George Lucas give over his reign as director and writer of Episode III to one Peter Jackson. To allow complete control of all necessary story lines and dialogue for Peter Jackson to make a film as he sees fit.

In light of recent George Lucas movies, more specifically The Phantom Menace and the soon to be released Attack of the Clones, we beg thee of Star Wars creation to pass all creative rights to Peter Jackson. This endeavor would not go unnoticed by your loyal Star Wars fanbase who would see the movie repeatedly and buy many action figures and other Star Wars items.

To give Peter Jackson the chance to create a PG-13 movies and to give Peter Jackson the chance to move the Star Wars universe in a way where everyone can fully appreciate it with the smallest of complaints.

We ask this of you George Lucas in our most desperate hour of need.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned"

:lol

It should also be noted that any petition on petitiononline is about as effective as 3 people throwing a temper tantrum in their basements.

Miss Modular
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Agreed. I didn't sign it. But then, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, either.

Grazzt
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:28 PM
There should be a petition for forcing certain people to stop making Star Wars references all the damn time.

CastroMotorOil
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:24 PM
and the soon to be released Attack of the Clones,

I liked that movie :(.

FS
Apr 29th, 2003, 08:42 AM
It's sad that fans like these are so quick to shove all the credit of something they like in one man's direction, in this case Peter Jackson.

I mean, it's not like he didn't do a great job on Lord of the Rings, but it's not like he's the only one making the movie, either. Plus it doesn't make him a great movie director all round just because he makes good <u>fantasy</u> movies.

pjalne
Apr 29th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Thank you! It pisses me off when people keep saying 'Peter Jackson made that movie' or 'Sam Mendes made American Beauty'. The writer never gets any credit, nor does the director of photography or cinematographer or anyone else.

Royal Tenenbaum
Apr 29th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Yes, but the director usually has final control and say-so. So he is the autuer.

pjalne
Apr 29th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I'm not trying to take a shit on directors or their work. I'd be the first to point out the director as the auteur, in most cases anyway. I'm just pissed at people why won't recognize anyone else's work and say shit like 'Spielberg is great at underlining a moment with music' or 'Griffith had some brilliant camerawork' when they have no way of knowing if this was the director's conception or someone else's.

CastroMotorOil
Apr 29th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Jackson is awesome though, he has made a bunch of good movies, Dead Alive, the frighteners, the movie with the puppets that was like the muppets on acid, and Bad Taste

FS
Apr 29th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Of course. But some fanatic people turn someone like Jackson into a King Midas and tear him out of his genre. In other words, they think he'll just touch Star Wars and it'll turn to gold.

El Blanco
Apr 29th, 2003, 01:00 PM
On the subject of "raping our childhoods", does anybody else remember the original trilogy? The overall story was great, but the dialogue sucked ass.

And lets face it, the original movies were aimed at kids. Thats why we remember them so fondly and are quick to put down the new ones.

Royal Tenenbaum
Apr 29th, 2003, 05:04 PM
The dialouge was fine. It may be basic, but it gets the job done, and isn't "groan-worthy" in any sense.

Protoclown
Apr 29th, 2003, 06:18 PM
The prequels are FAR more aimed at children than the original trilogy. Jar Jar Binks is OBVIOUSLY meant to pander to the children as comic relief. C-3PO and R2-D2 were the comic relief in the original trilogy and they NEVER stooped to the lows of Jar Jar.

Grazzt
Apr 29th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Every kid I know hates Jar-Jar.

tenno
Apr 30th, 2003, 04:59 AM
heres what kills me: fucking so many great authors wrote books, and LucASS had to mess it up with the STAR WARS BIBLE

Sheesh..................................so like half the books are fucked over in light of the damn Episode 1-2

Zbu Manowar
Apr 30th, 2003, 04:01 PM
I doubt any of the hardcore fans and authors are going to let Lucas piss on their ten-plus years of work just because he wanted to make more money.

Generator86
May 2nd, 2003, 03:42 PM
You know, after seeing the prequels, I watched the original trilogy, and I'm just sick to death of the whole Star Wars obsession. Don't get me wrong, I'll see Ep. 3, but I'm not going to see the midnight show like I did with the first two. I won't even try to see it the first weekend, either. >:

Also, I have never ONCE given a fuck about LOTR. I saw them both, against my will(ex-gf was in love with Frodo), and I was just not impressed. I tried reading the books before the first movie came out, and quit halfway through Two Towers due to exceptional boredom and lack of empathy for a single character. >: again.

Zomboid
May 2nd, 2003, 03:49 PM
Gen, you go fuck yourself now >:

Protoclown
May 2nd, 2003, 05:08 PM
Perhaps "The Fast and the Furious 2: Faster and Furiouser" will be more to your liking. :rolleyes

Generator86
May 2nd, 2003, 11:00 PM
Um, no thanks. I've never even seen the first "Fast and the Furious". I apologize for having a fucking opinion against the GREAT AND POWERFUL "LOTR". Also, please, tell me that you can watch the original trilogy without wincing at least half a dozen times at the bad acting or corny dialogue. In retrospect, as much as I love Ep. IV-VI, I can't see myself watching them anytime soon, like within the next three to five years.