PDA

View Full Version : Hail To The Theif

Rongi
May 24th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Listien to it here http://capitolrecords.com/radiohead/player/

This is what it will sound like. Not much has changed, they took away some back up vocals on Punch Up.

Note: There are only four songs on there so far.

Royal Tenenbaum
May 24th, 2003, 08:19 AM
I have all the final mixes already. :)

noob3
May 24th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Radiohead is for girls and gay boys

Rongi
May 24th, 2003, 01:23 PM
So you like radiohead, noob?

noob3
May 24th, 2003, 04:03 PM
No, as I am a gay boy with taste.

Black Flag
May 24th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Rongi, you do realize you don't have to post something about Radiohead every single day, don't you?

Helm
May 25th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Let's talk about Big Black instead. I just got "Songs about Fucking". YAR!

noob3
May 25th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Songs about fucking is thier worst cd :( It's still good, the first half is great. It'd just be better if the second half was more like the first, the second half dosn't really have the usual Big Black Chugga Chugga Bass/Chainsaw Roland/Vacuum Guitar formula. It just seems kind of mellow, and the worst part is it's trying to be extra angry, or something. I don't know.

Rez
Jun 9th, 2003, 06:12 PM
they fucked up myxomatosis >:

Rongi
Jun 9th, 2003, 06:14 PM
I never really liked myxomatosis :/

Rez
Jun 9th, 2003, 06:15 PM
i fucking loved myxomatosis.. it had such a filth glam to it, and they made it more synthy and the drums are wierded out and not in a good way. used to be my favorite... now it's a tie between that, backdrifts, and wolf at the door

i like my unmastered version better, but i'm sure as hell buying it tomorrow.

it's a really good album.

wreckreation
Jun 9th, 2003, 08:57 PM
mtv has had the whole album up to listen to for weeks now.

Grazzt
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Whenever I listen to Radiohead (not often) I have this sudden urge to sit.

Rongi
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Hastur

Royal Tenenbaum
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Well I bought it this morning... and the FUCKING THING IS COPY-PROTECTED. Radiohead has just lost a ton of respect, since I can't listen to it on my computer, where I do lots of music listening. Those fuckers, I can't believe they would do this.

Rongi
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Well, I can't really blame them after that leaked version got on the internet.

Did you also get the remake of Pablo Honey?

Royal Tenenbaum
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:29 PM
That remake was a hoax that only the most naive and mentally handicapped believed.

Rongi
Jun 10th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Oh :/

I wounder what the special addition cd was then...

Rez
Jun 10th, 2003, 07:26 PM
probably isnt copy protected.
cant believe capitol would do that. but there shoudl be notification that it is on the cd case. maybe your comp isnt co-operating.

or maybe they're doing that "Warp records shit" where you can pul all tracks but one off of a cd.
they did it to Geogaddi and Draft 7.30

Royal Tenenbaum
Jun 10th, 2003, 08:48 PM
When the CD has a big "COPY CONTROLLED" sticker on the front and label on the back I gaurantee it's copy proected. :(

Rez
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:38 PM
that SUCKS BALLZ.
Balls2dat.

man..

i'll get the special edition, that probably wont be copy protected. dont know why i think that. just do.

wreckreation
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:47 AM
the US version isn't copy protected. FUCK YOU CANADA! FUCK YOU LOSERS!

Les Waste
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:12 AM
I very much like this album, although I haven't bought it yet and I don't know if I will since I have the leaked version from a few months ago. I think it's much better than Kid A or Amnesiac. But not as good as OK Computer. I fucking love OK Computer so much.

Protoclown
Jun 11th, 2003, 07:07 AM
This album is fucking BRILLIANT!!! :love

And mine wasn't copy-protected, I just made a burn for a girl at work. Listening to it now, it came out just fine.

Royal Tenenbaum
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Yeah, it's just the Canadian version. Fuck that sucks.

Rongi
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Haha >:

I need money really bad :(.

Royal Tenenbaum
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:15 PM
It's not really funny. :( What's funny is that I have the album, can listen to it anytime, and that you can't even afford it. >:

Rongi
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Yeah well, when I do get the money, I'll be able to listien to it on my computer, so ha >:

Royal Tenenbaum
Jun 12th, 2003, 12:03 AM
Well, I can listen to it on my computer, but I'd have to use their gay ass player. The album is medicore as hell, well for a Radiohead album at least. Why the fuck would I listen to this when I could listen to KID A? :(

!!!!
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:11 AM
I BEFORE E

crash0814
Jul 5th, 2003, 04:44 PM
I have to agree with Royal. Hail to the Thief is incredibly disappointing. "2+2=5," "Backdrifts," and "Myxomatosis" are all swell but the rest of the album pretty much sucks. OK Computer is still unchallenged as the best Radiohead album (despite the musings of all you Kid A fans).

distance
Jul 5th, 2003, 06:38 PM
I have to agree with Royal. Hail to the Thief is incredibly disappointing. "2+2=5," "Backdrifts," and "Myxomatosis" are all swell but the rest of the album pretty much sucks. OK Computer is still unchallenged as the best Radiohead album (despite the musings of all you Kid A fans).

i thought of kid a as 'incredibly disappointing'.
i haven't really listened to httt that much really.
i'll get around to it eventually.

crash0814
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I thought Kid A was disappointing too, but a lot of people seem to think it was their best album. Fools.

Les Waste
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Kid A is great, but I think OK Computer is much better. I think Hail to the Thief is their best album since OK Computer, but it isn't better than it.

However, I do think that they've made five really good or great albums in a row. There aren't too many bands that can say that.

Ronnie Raygun
Jul 6th, 2003, 08:38 PM
The Mars Volta are better.

Royal Tenenbaum
Jul 6th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Wilco is way better than both combined.

Zero Signal
Jul 6th, 2003, 10:39 PM
My 30th anniversary version of Dark Side of the Moon is copy protected, too.

Exact Audio Copy made it its bitch, though. :lol

Protoclown
Jul 7th, 2003, 12:30 AM
"Myxomatosis" is my favorite song on the cd. :love

crash0814
Jul 7th, 2003, 01:47 AM
I love Myxomatosis, but I think "2+2=5" is the best song on the album. If only it were longer...

Rongi
Jul 7th, 2003, 02:02 AM
I use to like this album, but now I hate it :(. I liked Kid A and Amnesiac a lot, but they kinda made me wish Radiohead would go back to stuff like The Bends and OK Computer. HTTT REALLY makes me wish they'd go back to their roots. But unfortunatly, they won't :tear.

kahljorn
Jul 7th, 2003, 04:05 AM
So far I definitley think this entire album is a let down :( i like pablo honey. PABLO. and of course the standard array. Amseniac is good too. I didn't like this album because it seemed repetitive, like every song was the same. Usually they have a nice variety, plus the overall tune of the album was, "I'm depressed and my dick is flaccid".

Helm
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:24 AM
But what if you're depressed and your dick is flaccid?

crash0814
Jul 7th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Yeah, Hail to the Thief pretty much blows, but then, so did Kid A and Amnesiac, so at this point I'm just waiting for them to break up. If a band isn't going to put out quality albums, I'd rather not hear from them ever again.

Royal Tenenbaum
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:25 PM
You're a fucking dumbass. KID A is easily their best album.

crash0814
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Kid A is far from their best album. In fact, if not for Hail to the Thief, I would say it's their worst album. Well, that and Amnesiac. And Pablo Honey. Actually, thinking about it, Radiohead has more bad material than good.

kahljorn
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:36 PM
"But what if you're depressed and your dick is flaccid?"

You should kill yourself or start taking it in the ass :(

Protoclown
Jul 7th, 2003, 10:32 PM
What the hell is wrong with you people??

"Hail to the Thief" is a fucking good album. So what if it doesn't sound exactly like OK Computer, or Kid A, or Amnesiac?? It's still a strong album. Certainly not their best (my fave is any of the above mentioned three, depending on my mood), but not their worst either. It's a good solid effort with some quality songs on it.

kahljorn
Jul 7th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Yes, I've been relistening to it and finishing some of the songs. I still don't like most of the songs, but some are almost to the point of acceptable. Like "There There". I think the problem with most of them is the intros to the songs suck.

However. Merely "Acceptable" is not... acceptable.