:snaggletooth

Bennett
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:16 PM
She was great on def poetry jam :lol

def poetry jam
:lol

PasteurNoir
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:55 PM
The only use I'd have for Jewel would be to open beer cans for me with that fang of her's and as far as her new sound goes, polished shit is still shit.

kellychaos
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:24 AM
The only use I'd have for Jewel would be to open beer cans for me with that fang of her's and as far as her new sound goes, polished shit is still shit.

The only reason you notice the tooth so much is that the rest of her is damn fine. :love Her new slutty, polished image which she's trying to push lately has lost her all credibility with me. I wasn't really a huge fan before but at least I saw her as someone with integrity. :/ :sellout

Protoclown
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:38 PM
I don't think she's sold out, I think she's being ironic. The problem is that her satire is a little too convincing.

Mockery
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Yeah well her "satire" has been going on for more than a few albums now. It's obvious she's trying to compete with the other "hoochie mama's" out there. Whatever happened to the gal from the mountains that lived in a station wagon or whatever it was?

It's funny too... I've never been a fan of hers, but her writing has gone significantly downhill while her skirts continue to go significantly uphill. :lol

Protoclown
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:52 PM
No, this is the first album where she's changed her style and attempted anything like this.

kellychaos
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:53 PM
What might have started out as satire has grown into something irreversibly different. But then, you know how way leads on to way gradually. She may not even realize that she's become the epitome of those that she's criticized in the past. Ironic, huh? :)

Royal Tenenbaum
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Neil Young should crush her with a wall of guitar noise until her head blows up. :)

Grazzt
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Well, Mr Young should remember, a Southern man don't need him around anyhow.

Jeanette X
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Jewel fucking sucks.
"I put on my pjs and hop into bed..."
Like I give a shit?
And that song "Who will save your soul"? It might be decent...if she could fucking sing. What the hell is up with her voice?
And I hate how she tries to look all cute for the camera in her goddamned videos.
And how pretentious are you when you spell your name Jewel when it is actually Jule?
8th grade poetry is still 8th grade poetry even when you sing it, honey.

Protoclown
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:19 PM
I like Jewel :love

she's purdy :(

Mockery
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:40 PM
And we finally get to the core of what's behind Proto's tastes in music... T&A. :/

Protoclown
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Well, why the hell else would I have wanted that A.L.E. cd? :love

Mockery
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:48 AM
http://www.i-mockery.com/ale/aleguys1.jpg

:obvious

kellychaos
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:07 PM
I sense a little anger, Jeanette. Let us know how you REALLY feel. :)

Jeanette X
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:23 PM
I sense a little anger, Jeanette. Let us know how you REALLY feel. :)

Must...kill...Jule..... :explode

kellychaos
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Self-expression is good for the soul ... or is it sewel?

Grazzt
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:21 PM
http://www.texashatters.com/famous/images/ronnie.jpg

FS
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:42 PM
I see she's hopped on the "bearded oldskool country singer look" bandwagon now. >:

Ooner
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:43 PM
I would hold it against her if she was saying that this new stuff is the same as the old stuff, or just as good or interesting or whatever. But she's not.

She readily admits that she's packaging herself as a pop princess to sell albums and be on the radio more and just be a superstar. Because she wants to. Because she can.

I kind of respect someone with the balls to say "screw my credibility, I want to outsell Britney Spears" and then go and do it. Nothing wrong with that, until she starts expecting people to take her seriously as an artist again.

Royal Tenenbaum
Jun 7th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Just because you admit you suck doesn't mean you don't suck. Just ask Chojin.