PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the new I-Mockery Message Boards.

Mockery
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:07 AM
Now that we've finally gotten off of eZboard... if you have any questions about these new I-Mockery phpBB Message Boards, post them here and we'll do our best to help you out as soon as possible.

-RoG-

whoreable
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:14 AM
looks great. I really like how there is a banner at the top to visit the site.

Is that gonna stay or are you gonna run ads eventually?

And as for custon titles I guess you still give em out? I thought phpbb let you make your own....maybe that was vbulliten.

oh well keep up the good work.
________
BREAKUP ADVICE FORUM (http://www.love-help.org/breakup-advice/)

Thetawaves
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:15 AM
Yeah, are we gonna have to ask for a title?

whoreable
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:18 AM
OH and i guess you cant set it up so that our old posts still have old avatars? I kinda liked how ezboard kept your old posts the same.

oh well.
________
Vaporizer Guide (http://howtomakeavaporizer.info/)

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:36 AM
Avatars/sigs/etc. all update in every post you've made instantly, that's how the software works (which is nice in case an image/sig/whatever isn't working properly for you).

In regards to titles, currently only admins have titles since I have to create a "rank" for titles. I would have to create a "rank" for each person before I can assign them a title. I'll look into it further, but for now, we're holding off on titles.

Glad you like the look of the new board, I wanted a nice sleek design and something that would blend in with I-Mockery.com nicely. I might run ads on the index page of the board sometime to help cover things, but for now I'm just leaving it as is.

CrapOnAStick
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:41 AM
It beats looking at Tonk all night

James
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:41 AM
My only complaint so far is the avatar limitations. 6kb? Christ, I ran an image through 5 or 6 times, bringing the quality down to 0, and the lowest I can make it is 9kb.

McClain
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:42 AM
Screw your rules. Make an exception. I would like to be the I-Mockery Hero please. It's for the best of the board.

Thetawaves
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:42 AM
Tonk made my comp run like shit :/ But it was well worth it :)

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:43 AM
My only complaint so far is the avatar limitations. 6kb? Christ, I ran an image through 5 or 6 times, bringing the quality down to 0, and the lowest I can make it is 9kb.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I had changed that number earlier on, but apparently it didn't save it. I've bumped it back up to 50k max.

James
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:53 AM
Thanks. But apparently you can't link any pics off sites where you have to change the extensions to .txt.

So much for us poor bastards with geocities.

Thetawaves
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:56 AM
Damn, that sucks >:

Zebra 3
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:57 AM
1) What's the deal with the midi music at the old place?

2) I've noticed that the HTML option is off, is there a code to center and size down pictures at your new place.

3) On a personal note, didn't you used to call yourself I-Mockey God, or words to that effect?

Thanks! :)

JeefGyle
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:01 AM
moderator/god

Tropical
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:10 AM
HORRAY FOR BOOMSPEED, anyways...
uh... mock, Boogie locked all the counting thread. Can I start a new one on this board?

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:10 AM
1) What's the deal with the midi music at the old place?

2) I've noticed that the HTML option is off, is there a code to center and size down pictures at your new place.

3) On a personal note, didn't you used to call yourself I-Mockey God, or words to that effect?

1) We went berzerk at the old board since that was the last official evening of it. Everyone just started fuckin around and we had fun with it. Midi's, Honky Tonk, and much more.

2) Don't think so, you need to physically resize any images you want to use in your profile/sig. This helps cut-down on the board's loading time immensely.

3) Administrator / God to be exact.

James
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:16 AM
Is it possible to make it accept .txt as a valid image extension, so that us poor people with free sites can use avatars?

And one more thing: Is it possible to extent the size limit to 200x200?

Tropical
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:32 AM
So is everyone unbanned on the new board?

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:48 AM
Is it possible to make it accept .txt as a valid image extension, so that us poor people with free sites can use avatars?

And one more thing: Is it possible to extent the size limit to 200x200?

Nope, the .txt extension doesn't work here in any way that I know of unless someone else has figured it out. But there's tons of other free services on the web that will host your image for you. Or you can always post a request on here and often someone will gladly host your avatar for you.

As for 200x200, nope, keeping it as is for now.

Zebra 3
Feb 2nd, 2003, 02:03 AM
1) I'm curious, why have you decided to turn off the HTML option for both signatures and post/reply?...Thanks! :)

Note: You should know that I did ask at the old place about the music, and one guy replied that it was a virus...I swear I heard that midi tune many years ago on some awful superhero TV show.

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 02:11 AM
Awful superhero TV show? FUCK YOU, that was the best super hero tv show ever! THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO! >:

Anyway, to answer your question, I couldn't find any option to leave html on for sigs only, so that's why it's off. Everything you really need for a sig is there anyway (minus image resizing, which I prefer to have disabled anyway to decrease the amount of people that use huge pics that take long to load in their sigs)

Jebus
Feb 2nd, 2003, 02:15 AM
Is anyone else having problems getting used to the full bar being a link instead of just the text? I keep clicking in the window so I can use the little scroll button on my mouse and I end up accidently clicking on a post or topic. I'm sure I'll get used to it, just wondering if anyone else is having problems...

Zebra 3
Feb 2nd, 2003, 02:29 AM
Awful superhero TV show? FUCK YOU, that was the best super hero tv show ever! THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO! >: Sorry about that, didn't mean to piss you off. Maybe I was a little harsh. That said, will just agree to disagree on the best super hero tv show ever. http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/contrib/ruinkai/batman.gif

StRsCrEaM1090
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:00 AM
i've got 2 questions.

1) what is that weird clicking sound that i am hearing?

and

2) is there any way you can delete a topic that you yourself has created, like say you misspelled something in the title or there is allready a similar topic.

mew barios
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:26 AM
clicking? o.o i would've thought that might just be the noise ie makes when you click a link, but i kinda assume you might have noticed it before now :o unknown.

annnd no. you can't delete your posts. but you can edit them to whatever ends you wish o..O including fixing your spelling errors and trying to play off the fact that you might have made the same topic that someone else made the week previous :D

wow i'm helpful tooday :D

StRsCrEaM1090
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:31 AM
i guess it is the links. it was coming up a few seconds after i'd click the link so i didn't know where it was coming from.

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:24 AM
wow i'm helpful tooday :D

Look at you, being all "I'm an administrator, I had better help these people out" :o

:love

whoreable
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:16 PM
my one suggestion is that when you are in a post i would like a link to the forum you are in not just back to the home. like if i was viewing this post i would have the link to the forum index and the questions and suggestions forum.

not important but it is a bit bothersome to me.
________
Avandia settlement info (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:49 PM
Uh, there is a link to the forum index and the forum you are viewing in every post you read.

Military Messiah
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:48 PM
I noticed that when you hit "mark all topics read", it marks them read and sends you back to the index of the forum you just finished reading...

Can you change it so that it puts you back in the main index of forums like it did on the ezboard? Otherwise we have to make an extra click. :(:(

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:49 PM
Nope. :) :)

Military Messiah
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:52 PM
argh!! fuck this board! >: >:

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:58 PM
:party :party

Zebra 3
Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:16 PM
Its in regards of sizing pictures on a post/reply. What can exactly slow down your Website, the size of the pic posted or the original/true size of it?

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:17 PM
The file size of the picture, not the physical width and height. We definitely want to keep the width down anyway though, to prevent the message tables from getting pushed over to the right.

Military Messiah
Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:25 PM
Is anyone else having problems getting used to the full bar being a link instead of just the text?

yep. i keep doing the same thing... i accidentally click on a thread trying to bring the browser window into focus or whatever.

i'm really just responding to this so i can try the nifty quote option.

Mockery
Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:27 PM
i'm really just responding to this so i can try the nifty quote option.

Yeah, you could do that on the old board, but it's much nicer on this one. :love

FS
Feb 2nd, 2003, 06:21 PM
Is anyone else having problems getting used to the full bar being a link instead of just the text?

I don't even have a scroll wheel on my current mouse, but I've noticed that the clickeable boxes make it hard to reach the last page of a thread in one click. I keep "missing" the page number I want to go to, and end up on the first page.

The boxes are actually kinda convenient, but it would be nice if only the post title would be clickeable on a topic with more than one page.

AChimp
Feb 2nd, 2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I thought that it was a little unusual to have the entire table cell clickable. I tend to have multiple browser windows open at once, and I've been going into threads when I only meant to make that browser window active. :/

Anonymous
Feb 2nd, 2003, 08:11 PM
MEW IS DRUNK WITH POWER

anyway i had the same kinda annoyance with the cell being clickable because I am a clicky kinda girl... but I got used to it and now I click around just to the right of it and I've gotten over it

whoreable
Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:27 PM
did you add this at the top?

I-Mockery.com Message Boards Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions

cause this is what i meant.

thank you.
________
Body science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Mockery
Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:29 PM
Nope, I didn't add it. It's always been there... I guess you just didn't notice it before.

whoreable
Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:31 PM
god i am a dumbass :(
________
Marijuana Bubbler (http://bubblers.net/)

Blackjack
Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:36 PM
Do we get Custom titles on this board? No? Bugger.

James
Feb 4th, 2003, 11:46 AM
This is a problem for me, since I don't just sit down and read every post at once.

When the browser is closed, it automatically marks all the topics as read, which is very confusing.

Military Messiah
Feb 4th, 2003, 06:35 PM
This is a problem for me, since I don't just sit down and read every post at once.

When the browser is closed, it automatically marks all the topics as read, which is very confusing.

is that what happens!? i couldn't figure out why it seemed like forums were being marked read randomly. this must be fixed. >:

McClain
Feb 4th, 2003, 11:03 PM
*ahem* I-Mockery Hero please.

Blackjack
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Damn Straight.

Tropical
Feb 5th, 2003, 09:19 AM
*ahem* McDurst please

Zebra 3
Feb 9th, 2003, 05:41 PM
1) Since we can no longer control the size of our pics, and your concern over large photos I linked one of them in one of my post. By doing this does it affect your site's speed?

2) I'm curious, I've noticed on my very first evening here when I edited a post of mine after being posted there was no notice written of the edit, however the day after doing the same thing there was a notice of the edit?

Good to see that you're site's back on & thanks! :)

Mockery
Feb 9th, 2003, 05:49 PM
1) Linking to images doesn't hurt the site's speed, it's only when you actually post an image so it loads when you view the thread.

2) Edits only appear once you've waited a while to edit your post again. If you edit it in like the first 2-5 mins or so, I don't think it shows it.

slavemason
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:35 AM
[quote="Mockery"][quote="Jamesman"]
Nope, the .txt extension doesn't work here in any way that I know of unless someone else has figured it out. But there's tons of other free services on the web that will host your image for you. Or you can always post a request on here and often someone will gladly host your avatar for you.

I hereby request that someone host an avatar for me. Outside of being a general idiot, I am the commander in chief of idiocy on computers. If I may be so bold, I'd like Booger Presley. Otherwise anything would do.

Someone help me quick before Chojin finds this.

Mockery
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:15 PM
http://www.funnygreetings.com/Booger2.jpg

This is a much better Booger. >:

slavemason
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:32 PM
That's the booger, How do I get him under my screen name? I'm a multifaceted numbnut. If you can't help, thanks anyway for whatever you do to sustain this cess pool of a discussion group.

Mockery
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Weird, I only remember him as Dudley "Booger" Dawson. Anyway, you'll have to get somebody to host the image for you. They'll also have to shrink it down a bit since it's still a bit large.

Any volunteers?

slavemason
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Actually, I think he was only called Booger Presley during the concert. Thanks for the tip but I seriously doubt that anyone will host a picture for me since I'm a bridge arsonist. Gotta match?

James
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:45 PM
WHY ISN'T THE MARKING FORUMS READ PROBLEM FIXED YET? >:

When you close the browser window, it automatically marks everything as being read. :(

Skulhedface
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:00 AM
I need a little help myself

Every time I attempt to add an avatar (and I've tried several different ones) it takes forever to load and then it either times out my connection or tells me that the page cannot be displayed which of course nullifies the avatar (along with any other changes to my profile I may have made) which of course all results in me having NO GOD DAMN AVATAR! So... Any thoughts? I have all these pics that I could use and NOT A GOD DAMN ONE WORKS! But I notice it works fine and loads fast as hell if I choose not to have an avatar.. PLEASE HELP BEFORE I THROW MY KEYBOARD AS I'VE THROWN SO MANY NES CONTROLLERS IN MY CHILDHOOD!

jailbaitmonger
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:06 AM
I get the same thing with the avatars.

Skulhedface
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:28 PM
Well, alright, since Mr. Beavis was kindly enough to show up, I now have an avatar. Unfortunately, I have this kickASS pic of Pinhead I had for part of my sig and damn if it won't show (all I'm getting is a red X)

(update, 20 minutes later) OK, apparently all I had to do was turn off my computer and reboot it. Apparently it works better that way. Maybe leaving it on for a solid week messed with it.

Cybernetico
Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:40 AM
Dang, you shouldn't do that. I leave mine on alot, but by then the ram can olny hold/delete so much and it keeps wearing away. It eventually runs like trash and luckily you can just turn it off and the ram wipes and is just like new. I keep my computer on still, I don't pay the bills :)

As for me and PHPBB, we go back together. I've been using it a lot for my other forum, it's the best board out there, without a doubt.

Skulhedface
Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:48 AM
I admit, I don't know TOO much about computers. If you consider the I-Mockery crew 'college graduates' as far as computers go, I suppose that'd make me a 'college freshman'. I know enough to get by, but more than most mewbs know :D

Rez
Oct 25th, 2003, 05:17 PM
i need a link to the old ezboard site... i know the background is all fucked but theres a haloween photo i need back there from last year and i'm too impatient for hobo renee to tell me she took it off of her site :(

soundtest
Oct 25th, 2003, 06:02 PM
pub10.ezboard.com/bimockery

Rez
Oct 25th, 2003, 06:12 PM
ouch.

ouch ouch ouch.

thank you.

ow,

Rez
Oct 25th, 2003, 06:26 PM
damn, it's not there :(

ow.

Sajuuk
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:59 PM
how do you make animated sigs?
and how do you put those litle letters under your name?

liquidstatik
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:00 PM
letters under name - title
title - DONATE

Matt Harty
Feb 9th, 2004, 08:14 PM
I'd donate but my mom thinks it's stupid.

I need a job so I can get my own card. :(

Sajuuk
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:16 PM
donate to the zombie movie or site?

Girl Drink Drunk
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:45 PM
this is bit off topic, but what should I do about people who are just rambling incoherntly on my thread "Ginger Snaps", Mockery?

Matt Harty
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:58 PM
LMAO! :lol :lol :lol

Sam
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:05 PM
GET USED TO IT OR LEAVE. :rolleyes

Girl Drink Drunk
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:47 AM
this is bullshit!Who the hell just randomly writes things in a disscusion board (especially when no one has written on the topic at hand). I must have justice! >:

Schimid
Apr 9th, 2004, 01:12 PM
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/big_daddy/_group_photos/adam_sandler7.jpg

THIS IS BULLSHIT! :lol

Girl Drink Drunk
Apr 9th, 2004, 02:17 PM
:lol

Emu
Apr 9th, 2004, 06:35 PM

AChimp
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:49 PM
*BUMP!*

OH WAIT :lol

Guitar Woman
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:53 PM

JessicaRose
May 2nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
Two quick questions. :)

How does one do that google search of a specific site again now? I can't seem to remember and would like to be able to search this site's forums.

Also, I accidentally posted a thread in the wrong section of the forums and asked for it to be moved. How do can I tell where it's been moved to?

Thanks.

Jessi

Emu
May 2nd, 2005, 05:53 PM
1. "site:www.i-mockery.net search terms"

2. you can't

Chojin
May 2nd, 2005, 06:02 PM
Jessica, i moved your post to General Blabber.

JessicaRose
May 3rd, 2005, 12:05 AM
Thank you both so much. :)

Sorry I posted that one in the wrong section ... am new, my bad ... hope you didn't need to much chain and too many greased strong men to move it to the appropriate section, Chojin. Well actually, if that was the case, give me a buzz next time so I can watch.
;)

Chojin
May 3rd, 2005, 02:01 AM
It actually really doesn't matter where you post crap, but it'll give people an excuse to yell at you. Plus if you haven't been here a while it'll get categorized. I just put it in GB because no-one reads Mock Wars.

JessicaRose
May 3rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
It actually really doesn't matter where you post crap, but it'll give people an excuse to yell at you.
:lol I hear that!
I'm a global moderator on the most active Stephen King related boards online. I've seen some sh*t. Sometimes I go crazy and ban people, but for the most part, my forums are extremely well behaved compared to some.

Matt Harty
May 3rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
you should practice keeping the crazy board members here in order cause they are out of control!!!! it would be appreciated

phast
May 26th, 2005, 08:18 PM
the 'view posts since last visit' (http://www.i-mockery.net/search.php?search_id=newposts) link is broken.

pjalne
May 26th, 2005, 08:21 PM
It's been disabled, it kept crashing the board.

Lenor
Feb 7th, 2007, 02:02 AM
can i have my sub-name thingy back please???

Guitar Woman
Feb 7th, 2007, 02:07 AM
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
under "Edit Custom User Title"

Lenor
Feb 7th, 2007, 02:38 AM
yeah, i found that out after I posted about 3 times on the subject.. :rave :rave :rave

thanx anyways..