PDA

View Full Version : Monitors

soundtest
Jun 17th, 2003, 04:42 PM
My brother gave me a 17" monitor, and there is a really annoying black spot (which I'm guessing is dirt or something) right in the middle of the screen. It's behind the glass, but not part of the display so I think a wipe would take care of it. Anybody ever take a monitor apart before and is there anything I should know before I attempt this? This thing is driving me nuts.

whoreable
Jun 17th, 2003, 04:48 PM
you can shock the fuck outta yourself by taking apart monitors. they hold a charge so you have to discharge them first. I try alot of crazy shit when it comes to fixing things but I dont know if I would have the balls to attempt this kinda thing.

but who knows. I havent really read much on how to discharge it, might not be too hard.

Esuohlim
Jun 17th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Are you sure it isn't a reflection of a speck on the glass. I was cleaning my TV monitor once and there was dust that was stuck on there that I couldn't get off without water. Before I noticed the dust, it looked like water drops in the inside of my monitor from the reflection and it looked like it was ruined. :(

soundtest
Jun 17th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Shit, good thing I asked.. thanks whore!

Esuohlim, do you mean on the outside? I'm sure it's dirt on the inside.

Esuohlim
Jun 17th, 2003, 08:39 PM
On my monitor, it was transparant, caked crap on the outside that made it look like water and dirt specks/dots on the inside due to a weird reflection.

It might not be that in your case though. :/

soundtest
Jun 17th, 2003, 09:54 PM
My monitor is such a piece of shit. I hate it and want to kill it until it is dead. >:

executioneer
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Do NOT fuck with the insides of a computer monitor, TV or microwave. They have capacitors in them that can hold a lethal charge of electricity for months after they're unplugged. >:

-willie

soundtest
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:39 AM
I-Mockery saved my life!! :bow

I guess I'm shit out of luck though. If I bring it into a shop I may as well just buy a new one cuz getting anything done to a monitor is crazy expensive.

executioneer
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:46 AM
well now you know WHY :/

-willie