PDA

View Full Version : Most BadAss Guitarist: Then and Now

Paul138
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:14 PM
When I say "Badass" it also includes skill, so no 3 chord guitarists.

Then: Randy Rhodes

Now: Zakk Wylde

Hey, Ozzy always has badass guitarists.

executioneer
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:42 PM
SHUT

-willie

Helm
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Then:

Rock/McAlpine of Psychotic Waltz.

Now:

Ron Yarzombek of Watchtower.

The Retro Kat
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:17 PM
I don't think anyone now can ever play up to Randy Rhoads.

Helm
Feb 15th, 2003, 03:06 AM
You don't think.

The Retro Kat
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:38 PM
You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?

Skulhedface
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Then: Randy Rhoades, Kirk Hammett
Now: Zakk Wylde, Dimebag Darrell

Irwin M. Fletcher
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Ron Yarzombek of Watchtower.
Jarzombek.

He did his best work on the first Gordan Knot CD, in my opinion. Watchtower was great, though. I don't have much hope for their "reunion".

Helm
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Dude, he did two leads and a solo. He didn't even compose with Sean. He practically wrote half of some of the most accomplished guitar work to ever grace vinyl with Watchtower, but uhh... I suppose each to his own.

And I still maintain that Watchtower can do no wrong. even the drum clynics tracks he did with his brother are better than 80% of prog metal out there, and they where done in very little time.

Irwin M. Fletcher
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Dude, he did two leads and a solo. He didn't even compose with Sean. He practically wrote half of some of the most accomplished guitar work to ever grace vinyl with Watchtower, but uhh... I suppose each to his own.
But that one solo that he did, I'm not sure of the name of the song, it's on the latter half of the CD... holy shit, that is the absolute most emotionally powerful and moving solo I have ever heard in my life. It's unbeatable.

Helm
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:10 PM
When I've talked to him, he seemed to consider his stint with CG as, whereas a good 'social' thing, musically as 'another day at the office'. Mainly because he didn't get to compose. However, music speaks to people in different ways, and who knows what that solo stirs up in you? It's very good, objectively too... I prefer 'The Fall of Reason', however.

Generator86
Mar 1st, 2003, 05:01 AM
Then- Bill Steer of Carcass.

Now- well, what do you know? Bill Steer of Carcass.