PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Corporate Tool...

ItalianStereotype
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:14 AM
...that hooked you in and milked money out of your parents until they were skinny and poor. just like africans.

i couldn't resist nintendo. anything nintendo i wanted. i had the mario 3 underwear, the breakfast cereals, EVERYTHING.

punkgrrrlie10
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:16 AM
barbies :(

KevinTheOmnivore
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:28 AM
Prolly ninja turtles or star wars. :/

ItalianStereotype
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:34 AM
but who didnt get sucked into ninja turtles...they had a new fucking gimmick like every week :/

Zebra 3
Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:25 AM
I was certainly one that got hooked big time. The playability on Mario is a fuckin' 10! I remember the guy at the corner store where I would rent games was always playing that game. The local paper even compared Nintendo's Mario as electronic cocaine.

kinot
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:49 PM
Which Mario >:

sadie
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:20 PM
barbies. :(

i had the town house and the swimming pool and the horse trailer and the corvette and lots and lots of clothes and shoes and accessories and furniture. (i still have two boxes of it. :()

Zebra 3
Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:08 PM
Which Mario >:In my last post I'm referring to the original Super Mario Bros. that was played on the NES. I like to add that Mario 2 and 3 were great as well, so was Mario 64. The first true 3D home videogame. It impressed the hell out of everyone at its preview at a gaming convention, as it should. They're all 10s in my book, yes, even Mario 2.

Michael
Feb 2nd, 2003, 05:23 PM
I was HOOKED on my Super Nintendo. I had most of the accessories for it, and A LOT of games for it. I wasn't exactly addicted to a certain series of games, no, I was hooked on the SNES. And I made my parents spend so much money on it, it was pathetic. I still have all my stuff hooked up too. I play it regularly.

ItalianStereotype
Feb 2nd, 2003, 07:23 PM
damn. i probably live really close to you, what part of dallas are you from?

punkgrrrlie10
Feb 2nd, 2003, 07:27 PM
I still have all my barbie ish. I'm looking for someone to buy it off me. I have old ones and stuff.

ItalianStereotype
Feb 2nd, 2003, 08:32 PM
i would buy it, but i am a guy and that would be VERY gay of me :smithers

i would, however, buy any mario stuff from back in the day, if anybody has some lying around :/

Null and Void
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:47 AM
SNES EarthBound if anything >:

kinot
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:51 AM
:rock Earthbound.

Does anyone remember the McDonald's Mario Bros. toys? The only one I can remember was a Mario figure with a suction cup... I think he was in racoon form. I don't remember much of the description though.

Yes, I too wanted everything Nintendo orientated, even the glasses :/ All they were were just glasses with the nintendo logo

Zbu Manowar
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:24 PM
I'll back the Turtles. I swear those mofos must have had two hats full of either animals or professions that they would mix and match just to get the new line of action figures.

Cockroach and exterminator? SCUMBUG!

Moose and RCMP officer? MONTY MOOSE with special "Rusty the Booster Squirrel" companion.

Mole and Miner? DIRTBAG!

And so forth. Problem was they were pretty fucking cool when they did it. Damn shame most of the toy line didn't find itself into the Eastman/Laird version. Now that would have been interesting.

Blackjack
Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:53 PM
Transformers. Then I grew up a bit and like some poor misguided fool got into Warhammer. Then it turned eveil and corporate and I got into punk.

Oh the Irony.

CastroMotorOil
Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:18 PM
I'll also jump on the Turtles bandwagon. Back in the day I made my parents buy WAY to many of those action figures.

cenamalo
Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:58 PM
kinot:
Earthbound freaking rocked.
And i still have that damn mario doll with the suction cup that never worked. I did manage to get it stuck to the window of our '89 aerostar. There's still a nice brown circle on the back window.

Zebra 3
Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:51 PM
Moose and RCMP officer? MONTY MOOSE with special "Rusty the Booster Squirrel" companion.

http://www.my-america.net/kerrityler/moose.JPG

Never heard of MONTY MOOSE, but I like the sound of it.

pissed off salesman
Feb 5th, 2003, 07:07 PM
my dads atari 2600 i had pong river raid pac man and the texas chainsaw massacre

Raistlin
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:17 AM
aye... I remember the MacDonalds' SMB3 toys. I had the Racoon Mario jumper thing. You pressed it to a hard flat surface, and after a few minutes it would jump off. My "friend" stole it... this was also the "friend" who dumped my Blaster Master cartridge into a bubblebath... lucky for me it still worked. I would say the NES was my tool.. even though i didn't have a lot of games (maybe 12) i was always trying to rent them, and i was one of the few who were saving up enough to buy the ultimate for the time, the Game Genie, for 40 dollars. That and it took much of my time.

Generator86
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Star Wars toys and the NES. And for some reason, I could never have enough Legos, even though I rarely used them.

Michael
Feb 6th, 2003, 11:03 PM
damn. i probably live really close to you, what part of dallas are you from?Sorry I took so long to respond. Anyways, I just put Dallas because I live in Denton. What about yourself?

Systemz
Feb 10th, 2003, 03:13 PM
The number one most addictive for me was Zelda 64. I know that's pretty nouveaux, but damn if I didn't lose about two weeks of my life on that game. I had just moved out and was a freshman in University and I swear I nearly failed because of that game.

sadie
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:31 PM
zelda 64 rules! :love

Systemz
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Word, Sades, word.
I remember throwing the controller across the room because I fell into a lava pit just one too many times, screaming that Link was a "Little Elfin Bitch" - this was a pretty common occurence but the controller arced across the den and slammed into my buddy's face - he had got so used to me screaming at the television he didn't even blink when I told him to "watch out!". It cracked him right in the temple and the cord wrapped around his neck - it seriously looked like he had been strangled to death by the N64.

sadie
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:58 PM
:lol the cords to two of our 64 controllers are barely hanging on 'cause my son gets that way, too. i've had to put the damn thing up in the closet more times than i can count.
he beat that game the first time when he was five. and he talked me through a few of those bosses the first time i got through it.

a few times, i've dreamed i was in this big old house and all of the sudden, there's this huge hand coming from the ceiling at me. :eek

and i like that sades. :P

Systemz
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:59 PM
That's why they keep me around :)
It think it's cool you play Zelda. I remember when my parents got me my NES - it was Christmas Day, 1988 - and I went totally batshit. I was playing and my Dad was watching - and he started to ask me wierd questions like "how do you run fast?" and making comments on my gameplay. Suddenly it was time for dinner and he's like "I think you've had enough, son". So we have dinner and I go play transformers for awhile, and around 9:00 I walk into the living room and dad's got the NES controller in his hand - all he says is "it's time for bed. Kiss your Mom goodnight". So being the good boy I am I go to bed. I sleep dreams of goomba stomping and get up at 7:30 to play me some Duck Hunt - and he's still there - razor stubble, in his underpants (clothes tossed all over) on level eight, fighting Bowser. And when he finally beats him my Dad shouts to the heavens There, damn you! I am the master! I am the king! I AM SUPER MARIO! and then passes out on the couch. He never touched an NES controller again.

sadie
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:00 AM
haha.
my son is with my ex, who lives with his brother, every other week. and he's constantly complaining that one or the other of those "adults" won't let him play when he wants. his nana bought him his own tv to shut him up.
i was like that when we first got the super nes. the zelda. up all night. it kicked my butt at first. i remember being so scared of dying in that first castle. lol. i wouldn't get close enough to the dude with the mace to kill him. and i had to get that damn zelda out of the cell to move on. needless to say, i hadn't played video games since we had an atari growing up. it didn't take long before i was with it.

Systemz
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:37 AM
My cousin had me over the other day and we were playing Halo on his X Box and I swear to God I felt like an old bastard for someone of two decades... He's handing my ass to me in an FPS like I've never played a round of Doom in my life until I realized I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO OPERATE THE CONTROLLER. I was holding it like an N64 - which is to say, like a complete freak. My cousins mocked me for hours so I coerced them into pulling out their N64 where I bitchslapped them on Goldeneye for an hour. Nothing, but nothing, beats crushing someone half your age in a hyperviolent video game.

Zbu Manowar
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't feel bad when someone beats you on an N64. Feel bad for the guy who paid for it and will live out their olden years cursing at pain thanks the weird layout on that damn thing.

Seriously, a DC controller is a virtual massage compared to the N64 Torture Device.

Skulhedface
Mar 2nd, 2003, 05:13 AM
I remember these three things being a BIG drain on my parents' wallets:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
ANYTHING Nintendo
He-Man

oh, and by the way:
i would, however, buy any mario stuff from back in the day, if anybody has some lying around

I STILL have a shitload of old Mario stuff, all in storage, which of course means all in good condition. But I'm a good 5 hours away from Dallas.

ItalianStereotype
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:49 AM
where exactly are you?

Skulhedface
Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:35 PM
Lafayette, LA.

It's a BITCH to even get through town right now though. Mardi Gras madness is in FULL SWING. Thank God I didn't have plans to go east, New Orleans this time of year is congested New York style.

The_Rorschach
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:28 PM
And none of you guys mention G.I. Joe ? Only one says Transformers? Those and Star Wars were my biggest loves after Thifty's Ice Cream and riding my "Night Rider" big wheel.

Skulhedface
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:03 AM
I had all that stuff dude, I was picking out what I had the MOST of. I was spoiled as a kid. Weren't we all....well, most of us?