PDA

View Full Version : Lava transmission; "Megidoflame"

Zero Signal
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:51 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~jmdaniel/lava_column_4-800-wm.jpg

A day or so in design evolution and 1hr 22min render time.

Ninjavenom
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:43 PM
For some reason it makes me think of Mon-Star from the Silverhawks, though it looks more like Skeletor's summer home. The Norfair theme would suit it well.

ScruU2wice
Jul 29th, 2003, 11:19 PM
how many years experience do u have making that program? cuz i werked like a cuple months on 3D studio viz and all i learned was how to make a cuple shity pencils and lightning bolts :( , this and the penguin seems eons ahead of wat i ever learned

Zero Signal
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:44 AM
though it looks more like Skeletor's summer home.
:lol

:)

Zero Signal
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:49 AM
how many years experience do u have making that program? cuz i werked like a cuple months on 3D studio viz and all i learned was how to make a cuple shity pencils and lightning bolts :( , this and the penguin seems eons ahead of wat i ever learned
I just spend hours a day learning it, testing the limits and seeing what can actually be done. Much of what I create, I arrive at after toying around with a piece for days sometimes. More often than not, I do not set out with a clear objective in mind.

whoreable
Jul 30th, 2003, 09:56 AM
if 3D studio was too hard you should try bryce. it is like the cheaters 3d rendering program. soon you too can have the same floating spheres and rings with a sky background that everyone seems to make with it.

ScruU2wice
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:17 AM
3D studio wasnt really that hard, it was just really slow-paced in class. we didnt work on the program alot, and nothing of true value :/. but i think ill try bryce, thanx

Zero Signal
Jul 31st, 2003, 02:48 PM
if 3D studio was too hard you should try bryce. it is like the cheaters 3d rendering program. soon you too can have the same floating spheres and rings with a sky background that everyone seems to make with it.
If you have nothing nice to say then why say it at all? I guess this is why I am reluctant to post anything here.

I must be cheating because I am not using MSPaint and Notepad, right? :rolleyes

whoreable
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:04 PM
I thought you said you were using something else.

but in all honesty it is a shitload easiler to make something in bryce than anything else i have seen.

At the same time you are doing much more complex stuff than what most people do on bryce, my friends would get on a bryce kick and do a couple floating spheres and rings. I didnt mean your work at all.

Zero Signal
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:20 PM
I do not use Bryce; it is garbage.

I am getting more into 3DStudio Max 5 and Maya 5, for creating models to import into Vue d'Esprit. Is that still cheating?

whoreable
Jul 31st, 2003, 04:47 PM
if you read a bit closer you will see i was talking about bryce specifically, dont get some damn defensive.

My roomate could figure out how to make stuff in bryce in a matter of minutes, and he has no experience. In programs like 3d studio max i doubt he could figure out much in a week.

soundtest
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:24 PM
If you have nothing nice to say then why say it at all?

Even if he was critiquing your work, isn't constructive criticism a good thing?

I guess this is why I am reluctant to post anything here.

If I was an artist this would be the FIRST place I would post anything because it would be the last place I'd expect bullshit 'oh that's good!' responses which are good for nothing but an ego rub.

Zero Signal
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:40 PM
Even if he was critiquing your work, isn't constructive criticism a good thing?
There is a difference between say something is good or bad and exploring the reasons (ie. true critique), and saying something is just cheating because you do not agree with the means by which the result were arrived.

If someone painted a wall with a roller, whoreable would say that they cheated because they did not use an artists' paintbrush.

whoreable
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:57 PM
dude did u read my post at all?

I was recommending another program that was easy to use. BRYCE IS THE CHEATERS PROGRAM OF 3D RENDERING OOPS I SAID IT AGAIN DONT GO CRYING NOW!

I dont understand why you are getting so offened you dont use bryce, i am not even commenting on your work. You said yourself bryce is garbage. why? because its a beginners program.

Zero Signal
Jul 31st, 2003, 08:04 PM
Beginners program or not, Bryce is crap. It is slow and archaic in design usage.

ScruU2wice
Aug 1st, 2003, 09:40 AM
i feel bad now for asking :(

But the big point is that Zero Signal made a piece of art, no matter what method he used. Wether its an easy program or hard one the result is the same and it is a great piece of art.

edit: dont stop posting ur computer art :(

AChimp
Aug 1st, 2003, 12:06 PM
This picture makes me think of Stargate. :(

Shmatt
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Great art.
Great junkfood.
Candy wrappers.
Take a sniff, pull it out, the taste is gonna move ya when you pop it in your mouth!
In hell.