PDA

View Full Version : AIR (FRENCH BAND)

Royal Tenenbaum
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Any one else a fan? I think they are one of the best bands around, with their two albums "Moon Safari" and "10,000Hz Legend" being two of my favourites. I highly recommend everyone checks out a couple of their songs if they are into laid back electronica or any type of lush soundscapes.

Rongi
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:51 PM
OMG, I'VE BREATHING IN A FRENCH BAND THIS WHOLE TIME :eek.

wreckreation
Feb 10th, 2003, 11:12 PM
both you fucks don't know anything about music. check out the virgin suicides soundtrack.

Royal Tenenbaum
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:26 PM
yeah, i've only had that for several years. fuck you btw, I know way more about music than your lame ass. their studio albums are better than the VS soundtrack either way. quick, wreck, get the VS DVD so you can see the AIR music video! or get their movie! or by their b-side albums! oh no, to much air to recommend to stupid people like you!

Systemz
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:34 PM
A guy so familiar with Eli Cash should be loving the Air - somehow The Royal Tenenbaums and the Virgin Suicides fit in the same part of my head.
The stuff with Beth Orton on vocals on Moon Safari is awesome. Air could very easily drop out of songwriting and produce for the rest of their lives and music dorks would worship them like Philip Glass or Quincy Jones.

Rez
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:13 PM
10,000 htz legend is technically better than moon safari, but i just enjoy moon safari more.

much more.

"electronic performers" would be an exceptional song if it wasnt for the vox, if those were better, that'd probably be in my fave songs ever list.

i had a dream about making a music vid for "sex born poison" (excellent collaboration with the amazing Buffalo Daughter), it was great.

Royal Tenenbaum
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:19 PM
"The stuff with Beth Orton on vocals on Moon Safari is awesome."

Is Beth Orton on it? I thought it was Beth Hirsch that appeared on the disc, at least on "You Make it Easy."

Rez
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:31 PM
"The stuff with Beth Orton on vocals on Moon Safari is awesome."

Is Beth Orton on it? I thought it was Beth Hirsch that appeared on the disc, at least on "You Make it Easy."

yeah, i got confused too. but it's definatel beth hirsch.

wreckreation
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:46 PM
fuck you btw, I know way more about music than your lame ass.

awww. kitty thinks she can scratch.
i work at a college radio station in portland. i don't need to say anymore.

Systemz
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:02 PM
My bad. I will personally go find a frenchman to apologize to.

Pub Lover
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:52 PM

I've worked in radio for ten years, & the number of people that I've encountered that claim to know all about music yet have no clue is mind numbing. :P

Helm
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:41 AM

Yeah, you certainly don't.

Royal Tenenbaum
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:17 PM

I work at a fucking record store! Take that. >:

Rez
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:05 PM
i also work at a college station.

but it's freeform. so most people here actually know about music instead of recycling dj shadow, sigur ros, beck, and flaming lips, and whatever else is suposed to be "underground" over and over again.

wreckreation
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:21 PM
word.

sorting cd's all day doesn't mean a thing.

Royal Tenenbaum
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:12 PM
You're right. That is why working at a radio station means shit all.

wreckreation
Feb 13th, 2003, 02:41 PM
lol that doesn't even make sense. But if i DID manage to interpret your jibberish correctly, we don't sort cd's at the radio station. :rolleyes

Rez
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:19 PM
we save that for the new people. :lol

but really, i dont see what you're (both) trying to start. yes, we work at radio stations, it doesnt mean we know everything about music, but i doesnt mean we know fuck-all either.

and it's not a show off gimmick either, people who say they're on the radio to impress are assholes. you're there because you love music and you want to spread it, not for being an attention whore.

anyway, i forgot my point, if i had one.

Jixby Phillips
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:00 AM
MAKES SENSE YOU WOULD LISTEN OT A FRENCHIE BAND, WEARDO BEARDO :lol