PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Capcom Creations?

Zbu Manowar
Feb 13th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Anybody remember back to the original Marvel vs. Capcom where Capcom, instead of adding original hidden characters, created new characters that haven't been seen since? Like CyberAkuma from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter:

http://www.gsarchives.com/arcade/sprites/MarvelvsStreetFighter/cybergouki_stance.gif

Or Hyper Venom? The infamous Chun-Li clone, Shadow Lady? The baffling Orange Hulk? Does anybody have any more than nobody remembers?

Krythor
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Why is Cyberakuma half-akuma and half-chicken guy from animaniacs?

Zbu Manowar
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Probably so he could be known as the Dan of all the Akumas. Seriously, the way Capcom wrote this guy off from their Marvel vs. Capcom/Capcom vs. SNK series he's the Chuck Cunningham of all fighters.

Ninjavenom
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:09 PM
He's a cheap bitch, too.

Mockery
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Ever played the arcade game, "Hook"? Really, really good.

timrpgland
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:31 PM
I always loved using Strider, he was a monster. I wish they would make a GOOD new Strider game. I have the PS one but it just isn't that good after you beat it in 45 minutes.

Rongi
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:34 PM
45? I beat Strider 2 in like 15 :(. That game was fucking terrible :(

mew barios
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:46 PM
it looked pretty :(

timrpgland
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:48 AM
I''m talking about playing it through so you get Hien and Hiryu's unlimited power. After the that, the game is beaten.

Zbu Manowar
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Okay, I just had a thought: back during Capcom's days on the PSX they used Felicia the catwoman from Darkstalkers in as a weird character in every cross-genre game they did (Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, possibly X-Men vs. Street Fighter) but nowadays they've given that honor to Morrigan?

Aside from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, but think about it....why did they change?

Skulhedface
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Morrigan had more appeal on the "Horny Boy Playing Arcade Games" demographic.

The best was being able to play as Onslaught. Not much you could DO with him, but hey

You left out Mecha-Zangief, Mephisto (just a simple palette swap of Blackheart in MSH vs SF), Evil Sakura, Armored Spider-Man...anyone else? I'm out...

Ninjavenom
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Onslaught had the coolest looking sprites in the game, hands down.

Skulhedface
Feb 25th, 2003, 10:43 PM
and playing as Apocalypse in the first crossover wasn't as fun.

Zbu Manowar
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Morrigan had more appeal on the "Horny Boy Playing Arcade Games" demographic.

The best was being able to play as Onslaught. Not much you could DO with him, but hey

You left out Mecha-Zangief, Mephisto (just a simple palette swap of Blackheart in MSH vs SF), Evil Sakura, Armored Spider-Man...anyone else? I'm out...

Evil Sakura? You gotta be fucking joking me, they actually made an Evil Sakura? I've heard of an Evil Ken somewhere.....

And Mecha-Zangief is remembered, you can still change into him in MvsC2.