PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Steve Martin. How far you've fallen.

James
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:03 AM
:(

KevinTheOmnivore
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:45 AM
:bestthread

Zbu Manowar
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:22 AM
Well, this is what happens when distinguished comedians fall prey to the Jim Carrey syndrome. Once you start pandering to be a dramatic actor, you can't go back to comedy without looking like a shill who rather be elsewhere and you can't go into drama without looking like a complete poser. So you're stuck in the middle doing bad comedies or worse Oscar-grubbing dramas.

Way it goes. Personally, I think he was better off being a Elder Comedy Statesman.

sadie
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:55 AM
he was born a poor black child. :(

Rongi
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Jesus is a parapalegic black woman :(

Wait, I stole that from some where :/

Miss Modular
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Bowfinger is terribly underrated. :/

Royal Tenenbaum
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Bowfinger is awesome; I thought it was his best comedy to date. The Jerk is still a classic as well, to bad the DVD eats ass.

James
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Apparently you guys haven't seen any commercials for his new movie. :/

He is offically broke if he needs to be in a movie like this one.

Protoclown
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Could someone maybe tell me WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE TALKING ABOUT??

James
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:47 PM
http://www.impawards.com/2003/posters/bringing_down_the_house.jpg

When a lonely guy (Martin) meets a woman (Latifah) on the Internet who happens to be in prison, she breaks out to be with him, and proceeds to wreak havok on his middle-class life.

With such HILARIOUS scenes as Steve Martin dressing like a rapper (complete with backwards hat!), someone insulting his outfit, and him saying "Really? Cuz I got dis from yo momma!"

Zbu Manowar
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:53 PM
When Latifah hits him square in the groin, I almost cheered. Shit, he should be producing movies now, not starring in them.

Royal Tenenbaum
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:38 PM
He should have pulled a Bill Murray and realized that a whole lot of Steve Martin is old hat but a little bit can go a long way. He should stick to supporting roles.

Miss Modular
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:44 PM
He should stick to supporting roles.

Or he can go back to writing his own material, where his best work springs from.

Zbu Manowar
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Damn straight. And stay away from the fucking drama shit. I don't care who directs it, seeing Steve Martin in a dramatic film is like seeing Carrot Top fucking a dog: it's just wrong.

James
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Mixed Nuts :)

Jixby Phillips
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:50 PM
OH WAH WAH WAH HES IN A BAD MOVIE HE DIDN'T WRITE WAH WAH WAH

Zbu Manowar
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Mixed Nuts was okay, but that's because everyone else either meshed with him making the material better than it was--Nora Ephron's stuff is NOT good--or the other actors had goofier roles, making Martin the straight man in a movie full of neurotic crazies. Come on, it's easy to be the normal one when you have Liev Schreiber in a dress. ;)