PDA

View Full Version : Help a tech illiterate

mburbank
Oct 24th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Youy know those jjunk emails you get that are rich with pictures and photos and borders and look as if you are looking at a web page but it's just an email?

I need to know how to make those.

I need to create an inhouse monthly newsletter for RD&P at the Boston Museum of Science. I would like to distribute it as an email, but one that looks like a flashy, glossy magazine, except it's an email.

I do not want to make a website or webzine. I have speciffically been tasked with creating an email newsletter.

Ideally, I would need to know of a tool for doing this, and an on-line manual for using it.

James
Oct 24th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Well, if you know how to make a website, you know how to make an e-mail like you want. You just write everything up in HTML, and pictures are uploaded and linked from a website. Then you send it in HTML format, and people SHOULD see it correctly.

mburbank
Oct 27th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Okey doke. I'm sure I can get my web and new media department to host images. The question becomes where can I go, hopefully on-line, to teach myself html?

Blue
Oct 27th, 2003, 03:59 PM
www.htmlgoodies.com
Its a pretty descent site.

glowbelly
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:39 PM
what email program are you using, max? you might be able to create one in that program itself, using a wysiwyg application already built in to the program.

mburbank
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:36 AM
I use Netscape at work.

Blue: Thanks, I'll check it out.