PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NHL Playoffs ....

Colonel Flagg
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Anyone else interested?

So far, they've been pretty much as predicted. The #1's in both conferences are 2-0, with the biggest surprise being the Sharks and Flames splitting the first two.

The Flyboys better win today, else they've got an 0-2 mountain to climb.

Esuohlim
Apr 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM
RED WINGS RED WINGS RED WINGS RED WINGS

That is all

Pentegarn
Apr 13th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Blue Jackets aren't in in...

Of Course, the Blue Jackets are NEVER in it :(

Fathom Zero
Apr 13th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I can't pay enough attention to my Penguins anymore, given that I'm already spending for NFL's Sunday Ticket so I can catch the Steelers out here.

RaNkeri
Apr 13th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I hope that a Canadian team could win the cup this year, preferably Montreal or Calgary. I'm pretty much rooting for every team that has a Finnish player among their rosters and sofar it's looking good. Last year was just perfect with Selänne finally crowning his career, although at the moment Ducks aren't doing so well against Stars.

It'd be awesome if Canadiens or Stars would win the cup. Then either Koivu or Lehtinen could bring Stanley to Turku and I'd be able to see it. I was somewhat disappointed for not being able to attend Selänne's celebration in Helsinki last summer, mostly because of the fact that at that time I was too busy with my job and the distance between my old hometown and Helsinki was just too bothersome.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:48 PM
So the Flyers win, coming back to Philly tied 1-1; I'm hoping for a sweep at home which will really put the Caps on the defensive, but of course, that's just the homer in me talking.

And RaNkeri, there are two Finnish defensemen on the Flyers - Kimmo Thimonen is quite good - so if they win it all, you also might get a chance to see the cup.

Edit - neither defenseman is from anywhere near Turku, unfortunately, but their #2 goalie, Antero Niittymaki hails from Turku.

WhiteRat
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Damn you Eastern games! The Wild-Avs game didn't start untill 9pm central, and I have to wake up at 5am. Damn you Eastern games, damn you straight to hockey hell.

WhiteRat
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:12 PM
For the third consecutive game the Wild and Avs went to Overtime with a final score of 3-2 in Minnesota's favor. Take that ya Colorado Peter Fallsberg crybabies!

Grislygus
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM
:(

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I don't like San Jose because I lost my campbell to them, but I did notice that their goalie has Killface from Frisky Dingo on it. Pretty rad

f-four
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:58 PM
The Rangers are beating the Devils :rock

But they don't have much of a chance cause they'd have to face Montreal next.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Flyers double-OT victory puts them up 3-1 over the Caps! Woo Hoo. Unfortunately, this means that they get one more victory, then they're in for a pasting by the Canadiens.

A good turnaround season for the Flyboys, anyway. Credit goes to the play of Martin Biron, giving some stability in goal for the first time in ages, and the inspired play of Danny Briere. Two pickups in the last off-season that really jump-started the club this year.

WhiteRat
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:22 PM
The Wild put 40 shots on goal and only managed 1 goal...wtf. Jose Theodore was a brick wall last night and the Avs put two in two quick goals during the 3rd period. The Wild came out really aggressive but couldn't get shit past Theodore. The Avs are up 3-2 now and the series goes back to Denver. Fuuuuuck.

Pentegarn
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Aren't the Wild the same age franchise wise as the Blue Jackets?

Wish C-Bus could get it's Hockey act together as fast as Minnesota got theirs together.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Aren't the Wild the same age franchise wise as the Blue Jackets?

Yep. 7 years this season.

Too bad about the Wild - they had a good run this year only to run out of gas at precisely the wrong time.

I really dislike Colorado, and hope they get smoked by Detroit in Round 2.

Esuohlim
Apr 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I hate the Avalanche too. I can't remember the last time we matched up with them in the playoffs (not counting the legendary 1997 playoffs), but it should be good.

RaNkeri
Apr 20th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I remember Roy beating up few of the Wings' goalies. Although I think that never happened during playoffs

Red wings are ok in my books but their fans are one of the worst, atleast in the internet. I love it how all the wings fans are every year like "Ok, this year we'll win for sure, all the other teams are shit" and eventually end up going berserk because they're beaten. I also love it how they always bitch at other teams being cheap, lucky or not worthy of a win.
What does that make of their team? :lol

Esuohlim
Apr 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Our arrogance is justified. :crossedarms

Zomboid
Apr 20th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Looks like the flames are still in it. This makes me very happy not only because I'm a flames fan, but because I'm a flames fan in Edmonton so there's a lot of "BOO FUCK YOU FLAMES I HOPE YOU LOSE" just because the oilers didn't even make the playoffs :lol

Colonel Flagg
Apr 21st, 2008, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I remember getting a lot of that last year .... oh wait, that was me GIVING it last year. Never mind. :confused:

Geggy
Apr 21st, 2008, 07:12 AM
i was expecting the number 8 seed boston bruins to be annilihated by the number one montreal canadiens in the first round considering canadiens beat them 8 times out of 8 games this regular season but the series is tied at 3 apiece, with game 7 being played tonight. not bad at all.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, the Bruins are standing up and getting noticed. Now the Habs are worried. What fun.:lol

WhiteRat
Apr 21st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Oh Marion Gaborik. Your 1 total point in the playoffs saddens me so.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:19 PM
I'm really disapointed that Dallas advanced. I don't care for the ducks, but the stars should never be allowed to touch the cup with their tainted hands.

WhiteRat
Apr 21st, 2008, 11:01 PM
I agree with you 100%. I really hate the Dallas North Stars and I hope they rot in hell.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:56 AM
And Philadelphia fans are animals, throwing snowballs at Santa Claus and cheering lustily for player injuries ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3358180

I wonder what Montreal fans will do if they lose?

Geggy
Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:11 AM
Yeah, the Bruins are standing up and getting noticed. Now the Habs are worried. What fun.:lol

I think its the first time i've noticed the bruins in 10-20 years. They lost the series. At least they had a good run and gave the canadiens a good scare.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:25 AM
Flyers 3, Caps 2 OT

Flyers win series 4-3, one year after having the worst record in the NHL. How quickly things can turn around! :rock

Now we get the Canadiens. In the words of Sam Beckett "Oh Boy ...."

Icculus
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Not so sure the Flyers will be able to handle the Habs after stuggling againist the Caps at the end of the series there. I'm excited to see Sean Avery get all up in Crosby's head now. LETS GO RANGERS!

Pentegarn
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
I am kind of pulling for the Flyers actually. Especially because that means more entertaining contests on Preston and Steve :P

Colonel Flagg
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
I'm not looking for any miracles out of the Flyers, I just hope they don't get embarassed by getting shut out in 3 games out of a 4 game sweep or something similar. Just give them a series, maybe win a couple of games then go play golf.

Zombinatrix
Apr 24th, 2008, 12:51 AM
As an Islanders fan naturally I hope that the Rangers lose to the Pens. Sean " I boned Elisa Cuthbert " Avery hoisting a Stanley Cup over his head is sickening. >:

But yeah before the Caps got knocked out I was pulling for them.

Icculus
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:10 PM
At least she is a hockey fan (she's Canadian) and smoking hot. I don't want to get into Mike "I boned Hillary Duff" Comrie.

Is it just me though or should they just eliminate the S.E. division and reloctate the teams to the north and canada?

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Avery should be benched for being terrible at life. I hope the flyers win the cup, but the penguins should at least beat rangers.

Zombinatrix
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Avery should be benched for being terrible at life. I hope the flyers win the cup, but the penguins should at least beat rangers.

I take it your a Bills fan from your comment about the Flyers wanting to win the cup. As a die hard Mets and Giants fan I absolutely hate Philadelphia in each and every sport and hope they never ever ever win a goddamn championship. But hey you probably feel the same way about the Patriots and Boston.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
As a die hard Mets and Giants fan I absolutely hate Philadelphia in each and every sport and hope they never ever ever win a goddamn championship.

What a coincidence! I feel the same way about any and all New York franchises. What are the odds?

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 26th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I take it your a Bills fan from your comment about the Flyers wanting to win the cup. As a die hard Mets and Giants fan I absolutely hate Philadelphia in each and every sport and hope they never ever ever win a goddamn championship. But hey you probably feel the same way about the Patriots and Boston.

I'm just rooting for them because Biron plays for them now. If the Rangers fired Avery for some reason I wouldn't mind them winning the cup. I don't mind the mets. I'll root for the Bills but man are they hurtin.

The way I come across liking players is pretty backwards though. Fav hockey player is Derek Roy for the Sabres. (I like Jr in Xenosaga, the same voice actor did Roy in Suikoden V. Then Derek Roy started playing for the Sabres.) That sounds terrible but Roy turns out is also awesome!

Colonel Flagg
Apr 26th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Finally the Flyers don't blow a two-goal lead. 1-1 and coming back to Philly; this could get interesting.

Zombinatrix
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM
And the Rangers lose game 2. That empty net goal and the fact that it was a shutout brought a delightful warm tingle to the cockles of my heart.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
The Flyers knock out wunderkind Carey Price after 2 periods, and win 3-2 to take a 2-1 lead in the series. Montreal is sweating, and I love it. :lol

Icculus
Apr 29th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I can't say much about the Ranger's blowing a 3 goal lead, even though the penalty to Cynthia Crosby in the end was kinda lame. In game 2 however they were completely robbed of a goal by a quick whistle. The Rangers are ready tonight though. Here to the Rangers in seven in dramatic fashion. And here to Philly choking the only way Philly knows how.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Uh, looking back on that comment, for this to happen now means that Pittsburgh needs to lose 4 straight to the Rangers - not bloody likely. But what do I know, I'm a Flyers fan. :rock

At least the Flyers/Canadiens series is interesting - the other 3 are all 3-0 going into game 4. Seriously, when are the Sharks going to show up?

Esuohlim
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Aren't there any Avs fans here that I can make fun of >:

Icculus
Apr 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Maybe the rangers can win 4 in a row. Sure only like 2 teams have ever done it before..not so likely now that Avery is out. Hope all you haters out there are happy. I am disappointed that all these series are going to end in 4 it seems

I once met a person who liked the Avs, usually they do like to talk about it.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I feel kinda bad for Avery. Rather would have had him fired. Maybe he'll be the gipper and the Rangers will do it for him.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Uh oh, Habs fans. The top seed in the East is down 3 games to 1 against the 6 seed. One game from elimination. An inability to put the game away when momentum swings in their direction. Worried yet? Anxious?

Good! :rock

Icculus
May 2nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Rangers shut out Pens. Thats one game down. If the Pens can win 7 games in a row I dont see why the rangers can't win 3 more. Especially if Jagr keeps playing like this.

Colonel Flagg
May 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
It won't be easy, but stranger things have happened.

Esuohlim
May 2nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
4-0 sweep. Final score of game four 8-2 in the Avalanches' own rink.

I wish some of you were Avs fans so I could be all like "That'll show those random dudes on the internet" >:

Kitsa
May 2nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Pentegarn: I'm with you on Columbus. I'm a diehard BlueJackets fan. As far as I'm concerned, Pascal Leclaire is one magnificent bastard. They didn't even get anywhere near the playoffs this year. Then again, Leclaire had the neck injury and then the head injury and they brought in Norrena. Hm. Yeah, I'm not so into Norrena.

Also, I find Jared Boll hilarious.

Am I the only one who thinks Ken Hitchcock sounds a lot like Eeyore at the press conferences?

Colonel Flagg
May 2nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
In a slightly unrelated note, I heard that the owner of the Blue Jackets died recently of cancer. Apparently he was quite philanthropic, and tried his best to bring professional sports to Ohio's largest city. Pent &/or Kit - can you shed more descriptive light on this? Am I hopelessly out of touch, and did this occur several years ago?

FWIW I respect greatly any individual who has the best interests of his hometown at heart. The sports world needs more owners like this, and less like the corporation who owns the Flyers. For example ...

Kitsa
May 2nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Yes, he died in April of liver cancer. Here's more info:

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Sports/2008/04/26/blue_jackets_owner_dies_of_cancer/

Unfortunately, I don't know any more about the philanthropy, but it makes sense.

I know Ken Hitchcock is a bigtime civil war re-enactor. I'd love to see that.

Colonel Flagg
May 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
OK, just a little bit of chest thumping here:

FLYERS 6, CANADIENS 4

On to the Conference Finals! Bring on the Penguins/Rangers!

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 3rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Woot! Go Flyers

Kitsa
May 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
I really like Koivu, but I'm glad the Flyers won.

Colonel Flagg
May 4th, 2008, 11:25 AM
You're both now my new best friends! :love

(this could be good or bad, you decide!)

Zombinatrix
May 4th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'll be cheering for the Pens when they gangrape the Flyers

Colonel Flagg
May 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Ah yes, as expected from the Ranger fan ...

RaNkeri
May 5th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Now that Stars beat Sharks in OT, it's confirmed that a Finnish player will win the cup this season, hoorah!

Too bad for Canadiens though, I really wanted to see the cup go to Canada and Koivu to be the first European captain to hoist the cup :/

Icculus
May 5th, 2008, 10:03 AM
We'll the NHL managed to weasel Cindy Crosby into the finals. Fuck hockey I'm done with it. I hope Cote or Richards can put put the beat down. Now as a Rangers this is hard for me to say but I'm pulling for the Flyers in this series, but in the end I'm going for Dallas.

Kitsa
May 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I get tired of the constant Crosby media-darling thing. I mean, yes, he's a good player, but they just go into these ecstasies like he's got rainbows shooting from his ass and they grovel in hope that one might touch them.

Speaking of the Flyers, anyone remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ

(if you squint, you can make out Ken Hitchcock! Those were the days.)

WhiteRat
May 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Crosby is a media darling because seriously folks, it's the NHL we're talking about. The popularity of the league has declined to the point where games are shown on what was formerly known as Outer Life Network. The NHL needs guys like Crosby and Ovechkin to boost appeal for the league. Even non-hockey fans know who Wayne Gretzky is. Their hope is that someday Crosby becomes a household name. Plus, being pretty damn talented doesn't hurt his stock either.

Icculus
May 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I know what they are doing (I'm a little bitter after yesterdays loss thats all and having Anahiem as a reigning champ is not the best city for promotions). I know you need these flashy players to draw in the crowds and all but why not also promote the great old guys that are still around. Show some of the old time hockey flims. Show the scars and the scraps that these guys have been in. I lived in DC for the past 2 years and moving back up north so I don't have to see the daily documentary on Alex the Great.

Colonel Flagg
May 5th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Having grow up with the "Broad Street Bullies" I always thought that Wayne Gretzky was a fag for not getting many penalties, or always taking dives and getting calls. I thought much more of Mark Messier, who was one of his wingmen, and who was never afraid to mix it up a little. Coming from a Flyers fan, this means a lot, considering that Messier was a Ranger for many years after his ride with the Oilers.

Personally, I think the NHL missed the boat big time during the Era of Sports Turmoil (EST) - when Baseball, Football and Basketball were all having labor disputes, the NHL could have risen above it, and as a result gotten a huge amount of props from disaffected fans. But NOOOO, they had to have an entire season locked out. They (players and owners) proved themselves as mentally impaired as the other sports domains. Morons.

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 5th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I was so angry and drunk last night when Dallas won. I just don't like anything with Dallas. The stars are terrible, the cowboys can drive off a cliff and the only thing keaping Dallas the show alive was Larry Hagman.

Flyers for the Stanley Cup or Bust.

Colonel Flagg
May 5th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Speaking of the Flyers, anyone remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ

(if you squint, you can make out Ken Hitchcock! Those were the days.)

Yes! NHL record for penalty minutes in a regular season game. The Flyers GM Bob Clarke (one of the original Broad Street Bullies) had to be restrained from going over to the Senators' locker room after the game. Good times.

Still plenty of bad blood in the 2008 playoffs yet. We could see 'em mix it up a time or two.

Icculus
May 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Alright I've settled down accepted the defeat and look forward to next year. Its kinda funny because I have the 'baby pens" where I live and they are playing the Phantoms (flyers ahl affiliate) in the Calder cup playoffs. Pens are up 2 games to 1. I'm gonna go check out game 5 on friday.

I really don't have much else to say right now. Just don't feel like working.

Colonel Flagg
May 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Well now, that sucked. Kimmo Thimonen out for an indefinite period with a blood clot in his ankle. The Flyers lose their best defenseman against one of the more powerful offensive forces in the NHL.

Game 1: Pens 4, Flyers 2

I am prepared for the worst. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 10th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Just found out Don Cherry is going to be anchoring on espn for the rest of the playoffs. Should be ridiculous.

Esuohlim
May 10th, 2008, 07:25 PM
NOT ENOUGH OF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE TEAM THAT IS GOING TO WIN THE CUP >:

ERGO THE RED WINGS YOU FAGS

WhiteRat
May 10th, 2008, 07:41 PM
That's because we don't give two fucks about the Red Wings. Ya got that, bub? We don't like Red Wing talk in these parts.

Esuohlim
May 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Are the Red Wings like the U of M of the NHL?

I think I understand now :(

WhiteRat
May 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I can't speak for everyone else here, but I don't know a single person outside of yourself that likes them at all. I've hated the Red Wings for as long as I can remember.

Esuohlim
May 10th, 2008, 08:49 PM
:shunned

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 10th, 2008, 08:59 PM
It's too bad Detroit and Dallas can't double k.o. each other.

WhiteRat
May 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM
It's too bad Detroit and Dallas can't double k.o. each other.

My thoughts exactly. The North Stars are no better than Detroit.

Kitsa
May 10th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I can't speak for everyone else here, but I don't know a single person outside of yourself that likes them at all. I've hated the Red Wings for as long as I can remember.

Same here. And I've hated Chris Chelios since Chicago.

Listen to him go on and on about how he hates Detroit and would never play for them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9kZbdnzMRQ

WhiteRat
May 10th, 2008, 11:00 PM
He says it with style and grace that can only be conveyed by a smug prick. Which is exactly what he is.

Esuohlim
May 11th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Chris Chelios is a jerk, I'll agree with as much as that. I never liked him either.

Kitsa
May 11th, 2008, 09:00 AM
For some reason I've always thought of the Red Wings as the Cobra-Kai dojo in Karate Kid... successful, but a bunch of douchebags. And Chelios is like that blond guy who sweeps the leg.

I hope when he reaches the afterlife there's a giant lobster waiting for him:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/Jul-27-Tue-2004/news/24399116.html

Colonel Flagg
May 11th, 2008, 11:07 PM
F*** Sidney Crosby (and the Hossa he rode in on)! >:

Yes, the Flyers really do miss Thimonen, don't they?

WhiteRat
May 11th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I work with a huge Pens fan and it pisses him off royally when I call his beloved player Cindy Crosby. I don't mind him at all, I just like watching him get up in a tizzy over it.

Kitsa
May 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Why do they always make such a big deal about Crosby getting in fights here and there? Seems like whenever he is (against the Rangers, for example), the clip shows go nuts and act like this really big thing happened.

I understand goaltenders staying out of fights but as far as I'm concerned everyone else is fair game, no one is too "precious".

Icculus
May 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
When I was living in DC it was the same way about Ovechkin. I guess you didn't know this but these two shit gold. Too bad after 5 years they will probably be all worn out and injury prone since they are so young and such key players...Anyone remember Bure? Atleast A.O. is a little bit on the larger side. Cynthia however is gonna get it if he doesn't stop diving.

Kitsa
May 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I like Ovechkin for this reason alone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z8B2NT09RA&feature=related

Then again, he sort of looked like a dork at the all-star game this year. And I hear he's an ass to fans.

Colonel Flagg
May 14th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I have to revise my opinion of Alexei. :)

Anyway, the Flyers are on the brink of elimination. I heard today that the Pens are 70:1 favorites to win the series. I would have thought the odds would be better than that. :(

The Flyboys had a pretty good run, though.

Colonel Flagg
May 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
And the Flyers live to skate another day.

One game at a time .... yeah, right!

WhiteRat
May 16th, 2008, 06:57 AM
And the Flyers live to skate another day.

One game at a time .... yeah, right!

They're just prolonging the torture. I had no idea that the Flyers were such masochists.

Pentegarn
May 16th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I would like to see the Flyers make the comeback. Not confident that it will happen though :(

Still it isn't over yet so there is still hope.

RaNkeri
May 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I've heard that Timonen would be able to play in game 5

Flyers still have a chance

WhiteRat
May 16th, 2008, 04:39 PM
No, they don't have a chance.

Colonel Flagg
May 18th, 2008, 08:14 PM
WhiteRat - 1; RaNkeRi - 0

Flyboys gave it a go, but the injury to Kimmo put them in too deep of a hole. Cindy, Horse-face and Veggie were just too much for the youngsters. However, it was a good end to the season, with promise for next year.

Kitsa and Pentegarn - here's hoping for a Flyers-BlueJackets Cup Finals next year! (Or maybe the Wild, eh WR?)

WhiteRat
May 18th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'll take the Wild over the Flyers in 6. Mark it down Philly boy!

RaNkeri
May 19th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Penguins did it, yay. :)

Hopefully they are able to beat the shit out of Wings in the finals

Pentegarn
May 19th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Kitsa and Pentegarn - here's hoping for a Flyers-BlueJackets Cup Finals next year! (Or maybe the Wild, eh WR?)

I don't think Columbus would know what to do as a city if the Blue Jackets went to the Cup Finals :lol

Esuohlim
May 27th, 2008, 11:30 PM
IS THIS THREAD DEAD ALREADY?

WAY TO BE A SPORT, EVERYONE

Pentegarn
May 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
We got bored when you weren't here for 16 days Milpool :P

Colonel Flagg
May 28th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hey, now, Pittsburgh scored a goal! By Cindy no less.

It's about time. Fags.>:

WhiteRat
May 28th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Ahem, it's CYNTHIA! Get it right asshole.

Colonel Flagg
May 28th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Ahem - My apologies to Miss Crosby.

And she scores 2 tonight. Wow. That's two more than she scored in the first two games.

WhiteRat
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Cynthia's Pens are on the verge of defeat with Detroit's win last night. They'll come back strong for game 5 but last night pretty much sealed it up for the Wings.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:16 PM
Poor Miss Crosby. :tear

Esuohlim
Jun 3rd, 2008, 12:48 AM
FUCKING RED WINGS

A TEAM FULL OF PENISES, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM

Icculus
Jun 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
34 more seconds! Are you kidding me. I mean the ref's were pretty much trying to hand the game to the Pens with the absurd interference calls.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
The bar I was at last night exploded when the pens won. A+Mazing!

Esuohlim
Jun 4th, 2008, 10:47 PM
:picklehat

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jun 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Esu, Congrats to your redwings. The 3rd period was crazy intense especially the last 3 seconds. Are you going to go see the Stanley Cup?

Dirge
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:23 AM
congrats deadwings.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Congratulations, Esuohlim. I still hate the Red Wings, but they're a better champion than the stinking Pens.

WhiteRat
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
As much as I dislike the Wings I only wanted them to win so that my annoying Pen coworker would shut the fuck up about Ms. Crosby and the other losers on that team.

Congrats though.

Kitsa
Jun 5th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I don't like the Penguins but I'd rather have seen them win than the Red Wings.

I don't get why they let Chelios hoist the trophy before Osgood. Chelios didn't even play, and Osgood made that last great save. Then again, you know how I feel about Chris Chelios.

Grudging congrats. ;)

Esuohlim
Jun 6th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Esu, Congrats to your redwings. The 3rd period was crazy intense especially the last 3 seconds. Are you going to go see the Stanley Cup?

There's supposed to be a parade tomorrow but I have to work :(

RaNkeri
Jun 6th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Great, Lidström became the first european captain to hoist the cup. And Filppula got his first cup.

Go team europe :rock

Kamikaze81
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
I missed out on the last game.

Any way I could get ahold of it?