PDA

View Full Version : OMNI MMA Thread

pac-man
May 31st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Anybody else watching this? Gina "Crush from American Gladiators" Carano just put a beating on Kaitlin Young, marking the first time I've seen a women's MMA match.

All-in-all, a good event so far. Of course I just tuned in to see Kimbo Slice knock this giant on his ass.

Does anybody think MMA has supplanted boxing as America's combat sport of choice?

WhiteRat
May 31st, 2008, 10:49 PM
Kimbo Slice would be the only reason why i'd even want to watch EliteXC. I've never heard of the organization before, much the guys fighting in it.

I think MMA has eclipsed boxing at least for the under 40 crowd. All of the bars around here are packed for UFC fights, with most of them charging various cover charges. It's not unusual to show up an hour and a half before an event only to find the bar to be standing room only.

pac-man
May 31st, 2008, 11:02 PM
Not a lot of notable fighters in EliteXC, but the fights have been good-- a lot of boxing, front/side/roundhouse kicks, and with a pinch of wrestling and ground pounding. Definitely suited for Kimbo's style.

Yeah, I'd agree with the under 40 demographic being big on MMA. Boxing (especially the heavyweights) has just suffered so many woes over the last decade-plus, and for every Floyd Mayweather-Ricky Hatton championship bout, you get a dozen complete let downs.

pac-man
May 31st, 2008, 11:43 PM
Well, EliteXC just showed how much they want Kimbo to succeed. James Thompson was winning on my card, but a third round flurry of punches by Kimbo (that popped Thompson's cauliflower ear) led to a stoppage. Thompson wasn't even about to go down.

I'm all about Kimbo being big time, but make him earn it.

Dirge
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:43 AM
Gary Shaw is awful. Business degree from WWE or what?

Dana White went to bed laughing i know it.

oh well Pulver vs Faber will cheer me up.

WhiteRat
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, i read that Thompson won the first 2 rounds 10-9 and that when the fight was stopped the announcers yelled "horrible stoppage!". I saw a clip of Thompson landed over a dozen uncontested elbows right to Kimbo's dome piece. I like Kimbo's story but last night's fight clearly showed that he's not this unstoppable machine that the media portrays him to be.

Kybo Ren
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Frank Shamrock is the elitexc VC? fuck that noise.
Kimbo needs some endurance- He looked like he knew he might've bit of more than he could chew, but was gonna swallow anyway! he also seemed more unsure of himself than his other fights, not drunk enough?

pac-man
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Maybe not hungry enough. He's been exalted since before his debut... too many ESPN features and Cage Potato videos may have him believing his own hype.

WhiteRat
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Or maybe he's just not as good as people make him out to be?

pac-man
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.mannpill.com/images/stories/content/images/bb/quickfix/kimbo_slice.jpg

WhiteRat
Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
I had no clue that Butterbean fought in MMA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqRFIscsanw&feature=related

pac-man
Jun 3rd, 2008, 02:40 AM
This is either the Samuel Adams talking, or the best idea ever:

Kimbo Slice, Butterbean Esch, Tank Abbott, Mike Tyson, Akebono, and the Big Show in WWE's elimination chamber match. Make it a huge purse and promise the winner that they'd get their dignity back. I guarantee somebody would die in that ring.

Pentegarn
Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:33 PM
I have a few coworkers who are in the low rank MMA local circuit and they all to a man agree that Kimbo is not what they hype says he is. They just call him a big man who hits really hard and that a submission fighter would have him down in under 30 seconds. As for me, I don't watch it but from what I heard about it i really didn't want to. I am not really up for seeing an undrained, puss-filled injury get splattered onto the first row by a punch that made it rupture.

Dirge
Jun 4th, 2008, 03:37 AM
This is either the Samuel Adams talking, or the best idea ever:

Kimbo Slice, Butterbean Esch, Tank Abbott, Mike Tyson, Akebono, and the Big Show in WWE's elimination chamber match. Make it a huge purse and promise the winner that they'd get their dignity back. I guarantee somebody would die in that ring.

ugh no no no no

kimbo is getting better but no matter what bas teaches him he's 32.

pulver/faber-great
torres/jap-awesome!

pac-man
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM
It's hard to gauge just how much better he's actually gotten. He's won all of fights doing the same thing he did in the backyard videos. He certainly wouldn't be 3-0 if he went to UFC instead of the minor leagues.

McClain
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Slice gets press because his path to MMA is unlike any other fighter. The fact that he looks scary as shit lends to the story. He'll cut his teeth on washouts and low-rated fighters then he'll get his introduction to UFC. It'll happen. Too much money involved to NOT let him get a shot, regardless of White's no-nonsense management. We'll see how Slice does when he gets there.

MattJack
Jun 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Kimbo isn't anything special. Gary Shaw, the owner of EliteXC, is just building him up. Who did he fight before Thompson? uhhhh Tank Abbot? That guy hadn't won a fight it what, nine years? Gary Shaw is feeding Kimbo can after can just to inflate his Heavy Weight Champion's record.

I don't know about yall, but the fight I was watching was pretty much what and what til the 3rd round. You can see in the replay where Thompson is pretty much seeing stars as his face is getting pummeled. I agree that the fight stoppage was fuc*in horrible, but Thompson was about to be kissing the mat.

I think many of the UFC fighters could make quick work of Kimbo. He simply has zero ground game and his striking isn't technical enough. Tito, Babalu, Shogun, Mir, Lyoto, Couture, etc etc would all make very quick work of Kimbo.

Kimbo to his credit, does have a chin of steel and a heart of melted down pawn shop jewlery gold, but if he fought another brawler, say Wandy, Chucky, or even Big Bob Sapp we could always hope for another
Frye\Takayama (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgAp0jcpYYc&feature=related) :\

WhiteRat
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Kimbo isn't anything special. Gary Shaw, the owner of EliteXC, is just building him up. Who did he fight before Thompson? uhhhh Tank Abbot? That guy hadn't won a fight it what, nine years? Gary Shaw is feeding Kimbo can after can just to inflate his Heavy Weight Champion's record.

I don't know about yall, but the fight I was watching was pretty much what and what til the 3rd round. You can see in the replay where Thompson is pretty much seeing stars as his face is getting pummeled. I agree that the fight stoppage was fuc*in horrible, but Thompson was about to be kissing the mat.

I think many of the UFC fighters could make quick work of Kimbo. He simply has zero ground game and his striking isn't technical enough. Tito, Babalu, Shogun, Mir, Lyoto, Couture, etc etc would all make very quick work of Kimbo.

Kimbo to his credit, does have a chin of steel and a heart of melted down pawn shop jewlery gold, but if he fought another brawler, say Wandy, Chucky, or even Big Bob Sapp we could always hope for another

Very well said. The guy is going to be in for a rude wake-up call if (probably more so when) he cracks into UFC.

pac-man
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I don't know how much ProElite is paying Kimbo, but think about this: with his age (34), marketability, and sense of humor (made evident by the "What Would Kimbo Do" videos and his talk show appearances) would anybody be suprised if he decided to go to the WWE? My elimination cage match idea was a drunken rambling, but it made me think:

Would Vince McMahon be willing to shill out good money to get Kimbo on his team? And would Kimbo do it?

WhiteRat
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Yes and for the right amount of money yes. Now that you mention it, he's perfect for WWE since he basically is one big circus act.

Kybo Ren
Jun 5th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Kimbo in WWE? He looked like he had to keep himself in check on saturday, in WWF he'd get pissed and do a real number on some loudmouth jackass. Don't matter what Vince pays, can't see Kimbo working for the monkey grinder.

WWE-stupid treehuggers and their lawyers! if it wasn't for those fucks we could see the real fight:

Kimbo Slice VS Kangaroo

I've always wanted to see Butterbean take down a bear or a gorilla too.

Dirge
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:31 AM

i agree with that. wandy murdered Jardine. Kimbo wouldnt have any idea what to do with him or anyone in that class...

MattJack
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I think Kimbo will stick with MMA until he gets a few hardcore losses under his belt, and then he'll go to the WWE where he'll become the new leader of a new Nation of Domination, fued with DX, find out he's the Rock's son, and then have some type of beard shave/grow match with Vince McMahon for the main event of Summer Slam.

I think Wandy vs. Kimbo would be bad ass because they are both brawlers, only Wandy has more training/fights under his belt. Kimbo has a chin of steel though, so it would basically be a slobber knocker of epic proportions. I secretly think Kimbo would win if they just decided to stand and bang.

Jardine confuses me. He confuses me the same way weather confuses me, but only he's much more ugly than any natural disaster that I've ever seen or read about. He looks like the baby of Anton Szandor LaVey (http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Religious-Phenomena/Anton-LaVey-s-First-Church-of-Satan.html) and Steven Buscemi (http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/77424416.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937E7588A1370768CDC94E4A04C7E825EB 284831B75F48EF45), but uglier and less cool.

Jardine knocks Forrest Griffin the hell out like Griffin owed him money, but then gets absolutely demolished by Houston Alexander. Alexander had I think two or three fights under his belt in MMA, but managed to hurt the entire Jardine family's feelings by brutally knocking Keith the *u*k out via knees to the face. Oh I forgot to mention that fight lasted roughly two minutes?

Fast forward to Jardine's next opponent, Chucky Liddell. Chuck had just lost his title and Keith had just got his sh*t pushed in. The UFC decided to feed their most popular title holder in history an Ultimate Fighter (tv series)contestant, hmm who could possibly win? Fuckin' Jardine does. It was a decision win, but none the less a win over one of the most popular and feared men in the UFC.

What happens next in the Jardine story?

Jardine fights Wandy (whom Chuck beat, so by my MMA math calculations that's Jardine>Chuck>Wandy.)and lasts about as long as me during my first time having sex (roughly 60 seconds). It was probably one of the more brutal knock outs I have seen in MMA to boot. You can see Jardine on the mat with his arms straight out next to his side, fists clinched, legs straight out, and eyes in the back of his head. He looked like he was auditioning to be a plank on a boat for the Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Dirge
Jun 6th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Kimbo is going to WWE. Start taking odds now.

Jardine cant take the heavy hands. Forrest doesnt have that. Houston sure does. The Chuck fight would blow a whole in this theory but if u watch it, all he does is leg kick, leg kick, leg kick, and Chuck never has a chance to counter punch. i think he catches him once? Then Wandi doesnt even give him a chance to play that. he just breaks his foot off in his ass. Plus "The Dean's" a sloucher and no sloucher ever wins anything...

SUFFER
Aug 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
What happens next in the Jardine story?

Jardine fights Wandy (whom Chuck beat, so by my MMA math calculations that's Jardine>Chuck>Wandy.)and lasts about as long as me during my first time having sex (roughly 60 seconds). It was probably one of the more brutal knock outs I have seen in MMA to boot. You can see Jardine on the mat with his arms straight out next to his side, fists clinched, legs straight out, and eyes in the back of his head. He looked like he was auditioning to be a plank on a boat for the Pirates Of The Caribbean.

YEAH

MattJack
Aug 13th, 2008, 03:23 PM
SUFFER

WhiteRat
Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
Woah, Nelly! Get a load of this here news:

http://www.fightticker.com/story_0902081725_ufc_press_conference_regarding_ra ndy_couture_notes

WhiteRat
Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Also, everyone's favorite (not mine!) youtube baby is set to face off against a well over the hill Ken Shamrock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8489936/Kimbo,-Shamrock-headline-EliteXC-card-in-October

Pentegarn
Sep 2nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Also, everyone's favorite (not mine!) youtube baby is set to face off against a well over the hill Ken Shamrock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8489936/Kimbo,-Shamrock-headline-EliteXC-card-in-October

Yes, but where is the lion tamer and the trapeze artist?

pac-man
Sep 2nd, 2008, 10:53 PM
The hype will hold up that circus tent all on its own.

Fathom Zero
Sep 2nd, 2008, 11:02 PM
I'm sorry, but every time I look at this thread's title, I think of WhiteRat's Spider Fights.

http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21737

WhiteRat
Sep 2nd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Ha, that was already 2 years ago. Time flies when you're huffing spray paint!

Angryhydralisk
Sep 4th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I have yet to see Kimbo fight, but I seen Brazilian people maul some americans recently.

And one of the funniest UFC PPVs ever, with a nordic viking fighting a french-african in the most laughable fight ever.

Oh, and somebody FINALLY gets Tito Ortiz laying on his back and punching the shit out of him. And Tito retired! AWESOME!

Pentegarn
Sep 4th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I call it a circus, but I admit I will likely go out of my way to see Shamrock beat Kimbo (because I think Shamrock will beat Kimbo)

pac-man
Sep 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Shamrock takes a dive and his payday, the legend of Kimbo Slice grows, and MMA purists shit themselves knowing the next big fight will be former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar getting an undeserved title bout against Randy Coutre.

And if that does turn out to be the case, it's still not as fraudulent as boxing.

WhiteRat
Sep 4th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Why must people always refer to Lesnar as a pro wrestling champion? The dude was a beast in college, winning a Juco and NCAA heavyweight championship. People fail to remember that he has legitimate wrestling skills. I'm a huge Lesnar fan, although I'll admit that he doesn't deserve a title shot at this point.

pac-man
Sep 5th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance? I'm well aware of Lesnar's wrestling background. I'm also well aware of his MMA background. How being a talented wrestler makes him more legitimate than a talented striker like Kimbo befuddles me. A one trick pony is a one trick pony. (Real) Wrestling doesn't involve striking or submission. They're both circus attractions when compared with the better schooled mixed martial artists of their respective leagues. It's all about what sells. Shamrock vs. Couture (who've never fought) would be a better fight than either of these fights we're being force fed.

Pentegarn
Sep 5th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance?

Obviously, you haven't read the NCAA thread at all :lol

When it comes to Minnesota, WhiteRat is all up ons

WhiteRat
Sep 5th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance? I'm well aware of Lesnar's wrestling background. I'm also well aware of his MMA background. How being a talented wrestler makes him more legitimate than a talented striker like Kimbo befuddles me. A one trick pony is a one trick pony. (Real) Wrestling doesn't involve striking or submission. They're both circus attractions when compared with the better schooled mixed martial artists of their respective leagues. It's all about what sells. Shamrock vs. Couture (who've never fought) would be a better fight than either of these fights we're being force fed.

Gopher fan or not, people constantly overlook his amateur wrestling abilities. Hell, during his ring entrance against Frank Mir, Buffer announced him as the former WWE Champion. If you don't think his amatuer wrestling credentials don't bring any sort of credibility to his ground and pound, well, I guess I can't convince you any more. Sure, keeping Herring in a fetal position and dropping some knees into him may not be the most exciting fight but it gets the job done.

Like I said, I don't think he deserves a title shot at this point. I was impressed with his first 3 fights but as we all saw against Frank Mir, he has a lot of work to do. The raw potential is there, it'll just take time for him to really tap into it.

And Pentagarn....SKI U MAH!

pac-man
Sep 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
All good points. We'll have to see how he develops. His sojourns into the WWE and the NFL set him back. He's a beast of a specimen, his amateur record speaks for itself, and he's certainly showed more mat acumen than Kimbo (who is also a beast). But, like I said, at this point they're both more sizzle than steak.

Pentegarn
Sep 7th, 2008, 08:02 AM
And Pentagarn....SKI U MAH!

I actually had to go look that up :lol

pac-man
Sep 10th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I know I'm late with this, but just in case anyone missed it:

http://i33.tinypic.com/11t9920.jpg

MattJack
Sep 10th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I'm gonna take Shamrock by sub in Round 2. Either Shamrock subs him or Shamrock gets knocked out. It won't go the distance.

Also, after Chuck got exposed by Rampage.. Chuck hasn't been the same since. He was always a one trick pony, but he was fu*king amazing with that one trick. Rashad did a lot of lay n prey that match, and it paid off big time. Now he has a title shot against Forrest, yawn.

El Blanco
Sep 10th, 2008, 05:05 PM
That match was supposed to match styles that favored Lidell. Despite what we saw against him and Salmon, Evans is a wrestler. He was an All American at Michigan State.

Chuck totally fell for his fake and got railed in the middle of his counter punch.

I don't think Griffin is going to go down like that. He's been a beast since he lost to Jardine.

Then again, I gave Griffin no chance against Rampage, either.

MattJack
Sep 10th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Griffin will beat Rashad.

pac-man
Sep 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Speaking of Rampage, anybody heard anything about his case?

pac-man
Oct 4th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Looks like Kimbo will be going 4-0. Shamrock can't fight due to a cut over his left eye that required 6 stitches.

pac-man
Oct 4th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Looks like Kimbo will be going 4-0. Shamrock can't fight due to a cut over his left eye that required 6 stitches.

Looks like I was wrong. It may be getting close to midnight for the YouTube Cinderella.

Sam
Oct 5th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Kimbo went down in FOURTEEN SECONDS. It was amazing.

WhiteRat
Oct 5th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I hear Vince McMahon calling!

Sam
Oct 5th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, he could have an MMA fight with the Big Show at the next Wrestlemania. :rolleyes

WhiteRat
Oct 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Here's the fight if anyone wants to see this hack go down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur4GfOJ9Q7U

MattJack
Oct 5th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Shamrock must be crying about all the money he lost

Sam
Oct 5th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Freaking Shamrock.

Pentegarn
Oct 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Imma go all Dennis Green and say Slice is who we thought he was :D

Sam
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:24 AM
"KIMBO SLICE, I'M COMING FOR YOU NIG*A!!"

WhiteRat
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:50 AM
:lol

El Blanco
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Imma go all Dennis Green and say Slice is who we thought he was :D

Well, his ass certainly got crowned.

And it was really cool how Carano actually made weight for this fight and tried to make it look like something other than a sideshow.

MattJack
Oct 6th, 2008, 01:48 PM
And it was really cool how Carano actually made weight for this fight and tried to make it look like something other than a sideshow.

Yeah I agree.

Kinda wished she was a pound or two over again though. I mean the last time she was a pound or so over she just got naked and weighed in. Which I certainly didn't have a problem with.

Sam
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I wish she was naked more often. :(

El Blanco
Oct 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
She wasn't naked. that was just for show. I saw the video and it was creepy.

I also love the fake bullshit between Shamrock and Ferguson (he no longer gets a nickname). Like they ever gave a damn about each other. Hell, Shamrock didn't even show up to the fight.

pac-man
Oct 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
EliteXC themselves have to be reeling from this. They were bush league from the start and now that their biggest draw has been exposed I would not be surprised to see them slowly fade back into obscurity.

El Blanco
Oct 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I think they'll hold on just long enough to sign Ortiz to a redonkulous contract. They'll probably have him fight the likes of Michael Westbrook and Johnny Morton.

pac-man
Oct 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Those don't sound like fights that are gonna put butts in seats.

MattJack
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
EliteXC = Elite Extreme Cans

Their biggest draws are all cans. Shamrock, Ortiz, Canbo Slice, Gyna, and now that Seth fella.

MattJack
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM
She wasn't naked. that was just for show. I saw the video and it was creepy.

I know, but I have a powerful imagination :(

El Blanco
Oct 6th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Those don't sound like fights that are gonna put butts in seats.

And your alternative is...

pac-man
Oct 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM
And your alternative is...

Slice/Petruzelli rematch, duh! :(

El Blanco
Oct 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
You get one of those. And it shouldn't even be a headliner.

Maybe if Ortiz agrees to fight as a heavy weight, you can get him vs Ferguson. But thats at least a year away.

Who else? Actually fighting 50 year old Ken Shamrock? Hell, let's bring Dan Sevren out of retirement.

WhiteRat
Oct 21st, 2008, 02:14 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/josh_gross/10/20/elitexc/index.html

pac-man
Oct 21st, 2008, 02:21 AM
Wow. I mean, I figured this day would come, but so soon? What is to become of my beloved "Conviction" Carano?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2313/2084198758_b28d9b7527.jpg

WhiteRat
Oct 21st, 2008, 02:24 AM
I 'spect she'll be sitting on my face sometime 'round noon.

In honor of the great EliteXC and their ridiculous pimping of a hack fighter, I say we should keep all MMA talk in this thread forever and ever.

pac-man
Oct 21st, 2008, 02:25 AM
Lucky bastard. Looks like Red Alert 3 and American Gladiators reruns for me.

EDIT: I second WR's suggestion. Let us never forget.

Pentegarn
Oct 21st, 2008, 05:12 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/josh_gross/10/20/elitexc/index.html

I am sure when asked, Kimbo Slice will bellow "It's all good!" about it :lol

MattJack
Oct 21st, 2008, 10:45 AM

Who didn't see the FAIL of EXC coming? I mean they shelled out so much money it was just stupid.

On the other hand I wish that UFC did have some nice competition, or if they got rid of Dana White.

Gyna is hot, buttttt as much as she loses and gains weight I bet she ain't that AMAZING when all the clothes come off :x

I'd still slam it though.

HULK HOGAN, I'M COMING FOR YOU NIG*A!!

Sam
Oct 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
LOOKS LIKE IT'S WWE FOR OL' KIMBO. :rolleyes

MattJack
Oct 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Yuppppp.

I think this should be the OMNIMMA THREAD now as well.

WhiteRat
Oct 21st, 2008, 11:54 AM
LOOKS LIKE IT'S WWE FOR OL' KIMBO. :rolleyes

I know we've joked around about this before, but would he really be able to pull this off? The guy has ABSOLUTELY no mic skills.

Maybe if they had Harvey Whippleman as his manager he'd work out.

pac-man
Oct 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
I'd tune in to see what they do with him, but the way wrestling's been since 1999 or so I'm sure it would be botched all to hell. He has personality and can talk, the What Would Kimbo Do? videos are evidence of that.

If I were Mr. Slice, I'd acknowledge that my fifteen minutes are up, roll around in all the money I made, and spare my brain anymore damage.

El Blanco
Oct 21st, 2008, 12:13 PM
And hang around with porn stars.

I'm sure those promotions that run out of Indian casinos will take him.

Hell, maybe they'll put him up against Carano.

WhiteRat
Oct 25th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I saw Kimbo on PTI and other than his cussing, he seemed stiffer than Pac-Man's johnson during a Carano fight.

Sam
Oct 25th, 2008, 01:39 AM
I get stiff during every Carano fight. :(

WhiteRat
Oct 25th, 2008, 02:57 AM
How long till she appears in Playboy?

pac-man
Oct 25th, 2008, 02:58 AM
How about now-ish?

El Blanco
Oct 25th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Na, she's gotta do a celebrity reality show and/or a few b-movies first.

I'll set the over/under at 3 years.

WhiteRat
Nov 13th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Lesnar/Couture takes place this saturday night. Any guesses on who's going to win?

As much I like Lesnar I think that his inexperience will be his downfall and Couture will win by judge's decision.

pac-man
Nov 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I agree... Coutre wins on points.

MattJack
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Brock is a beast. He is just a giant human, butttt I think Captain America's experience will come in handy.

I'm taking Captain America via submission 2nd rd even though most people are taking Brock by TKO.

Sam
Nov 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Couture has fought tougher dudes, I am sure he knows what to expect from Lesnar. He'll submit him with noooooo problem.

pac-man
Nov 16th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Looks like Brock pulled off the upset. Wish I had seen the fight.

McClain
Nov 16th, 2008, 12:37 PM
No UFC talk in an EliteXC thread. Nono!

Pentegarn
Nov 16th, 2008, 10:52 PM
No UFC talk in an EliteXC thread. Nono!

I wondered what was going here on myself :lol

WhiteRat
Nov 16th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I thought we were going to use this thread as the universal MMA thread, in honor of the late great Elite XC?

pac-man
Nov 16th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I thought we were going to use this thread as the universal MMA thread, in honor of the late great Elite XC?

That was my understanding as well.

In honor of the great EliteXC and their ridiculous pimping of a hack fighter, I say we should keep all MMA talk in this thread forever and ever.

Sam
Nov 17th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Yeah, this is the MMA Omnithread, as I think Mattjack put it.

MattJack
Nov 17th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Well I got the 2nd round right... :lol

Brock is a beasssttt of a human being. Doesn't mean his all that great of a fight :\

Not hating on him, he just needs more exp imho.

MattJack
Nov 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
No more confusion. General MMA blabber goes in here.

If we can get the EliteXC thread merged in here that would be great.

Sam
Nov 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Why didn't you just get Pac-Man to rename the EliteXC thread? :(

pac-man
Nov 18th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I totally would've done it.

McClain
Nov 18th, 2008, 01:08 PM
UFC 92

Griffin v Evans
Prediction: My only prediction is that it will go to decision.

Mir v Nog
Prediction: Nog brings out Mir's Tears. Nog in round 2 by submission.

Silva v Jackson
Prediction: The Axe Murderer manhandles Rampage. Ref stoppage in round 1.

Okami v Lister
Prediction: Lister folds him up like fried rangoon. 3rd round submission by Lister.

UFC 93

Franklin v Henderson
Prediction: This one goes to Henderson via 3rd quarter nod by the judges. Split.

Coleman v Rua
Shogun is going to beat the action figure senseless. 1st round KO. Which will be a shame, 'cause I like Coleman. The Hammer will resort to scripted wrestling in Japan after this loss.

UFC 94

Penn v. GSP
Prediction: I don't care who wins, I just want to see a great fight - Give me 4.5 rounds of ass kicking that ends w/ a KO or TKO.

Machida v Thiago Silva
Prediction: Lyoto has beat better fighters. I give him the v via 2nd round TKO.

Lesnar vs Mir or Nog
Prediction: Lesnar loses to the UFC 92 victor via submission in the 3rd round.

Affliction: Day of Reckoning

Fedor v Arlovski
Prediction: Fedor KOs Dracula in the 2nd round.

Barnett v ????
Prediction: Doesn't matter who he fights. I bet Babyface assassinates.

Belfort v ????
Prediction:

Babalu v Linland
Prediction: Linland via 2nd round TKO.

Li'l Nog v The Janitor (I'm not even gonna' try and spell his name)
Prediction: Vladimir via decision.

MattJack
Nov 18th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry. Should have asked Pac-Man ;_;

forgive me I didn't have my anual cup o' coffee yet.

UFC 92

Griffin via TKO in the 3rd.

Nog by submission in the 2nd as well

Wandy in the 2nd by face rape.

Okami???

UFC 93

Henderson by gorilla punch, dunno what round.

Coleman since Shogun can't do roids anymore.

UFC 94

GSP. Dunno how, but I just want him to murder Penn. Penn needs his mouth shut.

Nog will submit him, Mir won't.

Affliction: Day of Reckoning

Fedor by GnP round 2.

WhiteRat
Nov 21st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Someone merge the legendary Elite XC thread into this bitch, pronto! By the way, who's in charge of the Sports Forum?

Pub Lover
Nov 21st, 2008, 03:35 PM
Gadzooks, but he said I could have it. :eek

WhiteRat
Nov 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Merge thy thread, my master.

Esuohlim
Nov 21st, 2008, 09:46 PM
OK!

pac-man
Nov 22nd, 2008, 03:48 AM
I miss Gina Carano.

WhiteRat
Nov 22nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
She'll be in Playboy eventually, calm down.

On a different note, I found this earlier today and figured since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I might as well share:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/JerkDouglas/6295__1_large.jpg

pac-man
Nov 22nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
I'm thankful he cut his losses in the NFL and went to the octagon.

WhiteRat
Dec 6th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Some of you have probably seen this, but for those who haven't, feast your peepers on this great video featuring Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama. This is a slobberknocker in the purest sense of the Jim Ross word:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgAp0jcpYYc

MattJack
Dec 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I remember seeing that years ago when I was first getting into MMA. That is def an epic fight.

It's just two grown ass men punching each other in the face until one gives up.

UH-MAZING

pac-man
Dec 6th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I'd never seen it before, but that was sick. How neither of them so much as flinched during that opening slugfest is a testament to both. The Asian guy's face told the tale at the end, though.

McClain
Dec 16th, 2008, 09:08 AM
It was a pretty bloody week for MMA... A completely snapped shin (looked like his foot was dangling) a broken arm via armbar, and a couple fist-induced concussions. And that was just in the UFC Fight for the Troops. TUF Finale was good, too. Though I thought for sure Nover was gonna' beat some ass.

Sam
Dec 18th, 2008, 09:15 PM
ALSO, SOME DUDE FROM THE UFC KILLED HIMSELF AND HIS WIFE OR SOMETHING. :(

I heard it on the news this morning before I went to work. :(

WhiteRat
Dec 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Looks like Mir/Lesnar II is next on the table.

Dirge
Dec 30th, 2008, 02:10 AM
axe murderer got ktfo.

mir had a great plan against nog.

flailing forrest looked good at first but evans is nasty

mir/lesnar II =how does mir sucker him into a sub again?

McClain
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
UFC 92 totally threw me. Had I put down money I would have lost a bunch. The biggest upset in my mind is Mir over Nog. Especially via TKO - I just didn't see that coming.

I was happy to Rampage get Silva. Not that I dislike Silva, I just wanted to see some revenge. And I do think that Rampage has lots of career ahead of him while Silva is nearing the end.

Thought the main fight would have gone all five rounds. Evans is tight. Griffin is class.

McClain
Jan 19th, 2009, 08:15 AM
UFC 93

Dan Henderson beats Rich Franklin via decision. Good fight. Not the ending anyone really wanted, but most people expected it would go to the wire.

Shogun Rua defeated Mark Coleman in the last few available seconds of the match via TKO. Coleman was gassed early but controlled Shogun most of the three rounds with his wrestling and strength. Shogun was getting some good shots in on Coleman but Shogun's cardio looked horrible. Shogun won the fight but it didn't do much to bolster his image. Had it went to decision Coleman might have won.

Here's what I don't understand about the fight... Shogun blasted Coleman in the face a few times, causing Coleman to get wobbly. But as soon as Shogun came in he was taken down and neutralized. This happened at least two times. But for whatever reason when the exact same thing happens near the end of the fight the ref decides to stop the action. Coleman ate about five hits to the head but was in the same cognizant position as the previous times. You can see him going for Shogun's leg for the takedown.

Disappointing. But a good fight.

MattJack
Feb 1st, 2009, 02:19 AM
God it felt so good to see GSP dominate tonight. He has been my fav fighter for a while, and I was really pulling for him since BJP was talking incredible amounts of shit.

Who's the bitch now, BJP? :lol

Angryhydralisk
Feb 2nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
I caught the most recent PPV a couple days ago. Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva was the shit. Loved the end-of-the-round knockout.

Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn was hilarious mainly because my sister hates Pierre and was screaming at the tv.

McClain
Feb 2nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Penn talks - but it's not usually disrespectful. Penn nuthuggers on the other hand are quite annoying. And now GSPs corner is dealing with the issue of putting Vaseline on GSPs back. Another reason for Penn fans to get upset and call for a No Contest. Ugh.

That Machida knockout was awesome. I thought for sure all the other fights would end in first two rounds and that Machida v. Silva would go to decision. Exact opposite from what most would have predicted.

If Bonner wasn't Dana's boyfriend his ass would be out of the UFC and doing MMA commentating instead. Though I have to commend his endurance. Jon Jones has some quick and slick takedowns.

Nate Diaz is a punk. Glad to see him get whooped. Clay Guida beats Diaz - so easy a caveman could do it.

That Karo fight should have been recorded in lieu of Fitch v Gono. I'm so fuckin' pissed that fight wasn't televised. I'm also convinced that Dana put Fitch deep on the undercard as punishment for that whole UFC video game ordeal. Fitch is the man.

MattJack
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtcYUfgz8j8

You know you <3 it!

pac-man
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:42 PM
That's the funniest thing I've seen all day, MJ.

WhiteRat
Feb 5th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Pure genius.

McClain
Feb 19th, 2009, 08:34 AM
What was the vid? 'Twas removed.

pac-man
Feb 19th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Here ya go McClain:

http://www.heavy.com/video/64115

pac-man
Feb 19th, 2009, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_E4haW1upw&eurl=http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=38082&feature=player_embedded

Ultimate Prayer Championship.

"When does this end, when do they stop fighting?"

"Uh, they don't."

McClain
Feb 20th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Awesome.

Tadao
Feb 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Secondeded

MattJack
Mar 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Who ya got?

Jardine or Jackson?

I got Jackson by KO 2nd RD

pac-man
Mar 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Rampage all the way.

pac-man
Mar 8th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Sounds like Jackson v Jardine lived up to the hype and then some. Rampage FTW.

MattJack
Mar 8th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Meh it was aight.

Jackson is still one of my favorite fighters. I talk as much shit as he does when I do anything competitive(video games, sports, baking, etc etc).

pac-man
Mar 8th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I wanted to order it, but there was boxing on HBO for free. Word is there was some controversy in one of the undercard fights.

McClain
Mar 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah, it was the Matt Brown v Pete Sell fight. Matt Brown was completely dominating Sell - kicking and knocking him around the ring. After a combo of head kicks and hooks which promptly dropped Sell, Yves split the fighters which is usually an indication that the fight is over. Brown started to retreat to his corner because it was obvious that Sell was loopy. But then Yves started the fight again because Sell was able (albeit still wobbly) to get to his feet.
Brown came back in and started thumping on Sell again; elbows, kicks, punches, thai clinches, etc. It was painful to watch. There were a couple moments when Brown literally threw his hands in the air as if to say, "WTF Ref? This guy is defenseless and I'm gonna' kill him. Stop the fight!"
It was awesome to watch Brown, but sad to see such inept officiating. Watch the video before it's removed. (http://mmafightaction.com/ufc-96-matt-brown-vs-pete-sell-fight-video/)

Oh, and I can't see how anyone thought Jardine would have won had Rampage not cleaned his clock in the last 10 seconds. That punch was pure icing - 'Page already had the cake baked. To the people who thought it would have been a split; GTFO. Jardine was good but even had he not taken that shot in the end he still would have lost.

MattJack
Mar 9th, 2009, 04:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X85I_mHuyQk&feature=channel_page

God I <3 Rampage so much.

"ALL I GOTTA SAY IS THERE GONNA BE SOME MORE BLACK ON BLACK CRIME!"

Geggy
Mar 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
How about matt hamill dropping the undefeated munoz with a high kick? Not only that, as he was collapsing, his head landed into his own knee, rendering him unconcious. Just hilarious and sad at the same time. I'm just happy hamill didn't kick me in the head when I wrestled with him, or at least attempted to.

pac-man
Mar 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah, it was the Matt Brown v Pete Sell fight. Matt Brown was completely dominating Sell - kicking and knocking him around the ring. After a combo of head kicks and hooks which promptly dropped Sell, Yves split the fighters which is usually an indication that the fight is over. Brown started to retreat to his corner because it was obvious that Sell was loopy. But then Yves started the fight again because Sell was able (albeit still wobbly) to get to his feet.
Brown came back in and started thumping on Sell again; elbows, kicks, punches, thai clinches, etc. It was painful to watch. There were a couple moments when Brown literally threw his hands in the air as if to say, "WTF Ref? This guy is defenseless and I'm gonna' kill him. Stop the fight!"
It was awesome to watch Brown, but sad to see such inept officiating. Watch the video before it's removed. (http://mmafightaction.com/ufc-96-matt-brown-vs-pete-sell-fight-video/)

Wow. Yeah, reading about it and seeing it, that is piss poor officiating. Fortunate that Sell was seriously injured.

Love the Jackson/Evans showdown! Better than anything I've seen in WWE or at a boxing press conference in long time. I hope Rampage was kidding about the crime part... I don't think they'll give him the belt if he runs down Rashad with his truck. :\

McClain
Mar 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
“I didn’t expect any of that, man,” said Evans. “I was just going to do the face-off and what not but then he started talking trash. I wasn’t even in the mood to play or joke around, I just saw one of my best friends lose a fight which I had him winning until the last 10 seconds. I see the hurt in [Jardine’s] eyes and he’s so upset and he’s disappointed and I feel, like, bad for him. Then this dude is bumpin’ his gums at me, and honestly, I really wanted to punch him in his face, but I knew that wasn’t the right time to do that so I just tried to stay as composed as possible because I don’t like to talk trash. Whenever I got into a street fight I never talked -- I just hit. I never liked to be in someone’s face that close just talking.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/evans-expects-machida-at-ufc-98-16510

Angryhydralisk
Mar 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Oh, and I can't see how anyone thought Jardine would have won had Rampage not cleaned his clock in the last 10 seconds. That punch was pure icing - 'Page already had the cake baked. To the people who thought it would have been a split; GTFO. Jardine was good but even had he not taken that shot in the end he still would have lost.

Never mind Jardine had his hands down for like 50% of the fight. My sister was screaming at the TV "Put your fuckin' hands up, stupid!!". I wanted Jardine to win, mainly for Machida to get him a title but by the second round it was obvious it wasn't happening. Rampage is hilarious.

I also guess it was worth jobbing since he got a minor role in the new Jason Statham film.

My favorite was the fight I caught coming home from work, witht he deaf guy winning a fight and cutting a better interview promo than 95% of the active WWE roster. Oh and the guy getting TKO'd from being kicked int he shin so much he couldn't stand up. I fuckin' LOVE UFC's mid and undercards.

Geggy
Mar 15th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I saw the fight at buffalo wild wings in connecticut and the place erupted when matt hamill KO'd munoz. It was surprising because I always thought he was a little nobody who is only well known in the deaf community. I guess they all cheered for him out of pity due to his disability ha ha.

MattJack
Mar 31st, 2009, 04:37 PM
So Bully Beatdown (http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/bully_beatdown/series.jhtml) is the number one show on MTV now. I caught the first two episodes yesterday on the net.

It is obviously staged like every other MTV show, but for some reason I kind of like it. I guess part of me likes seeing big guys who think they're tough get the *hit kicked out of them, but I really think it's just because I like Jason Miller.

Anyways, check out the link and fast forward about halfway through to see the bullies getting their sh*t pushed in by low level mma fighters.

MattJack
Mar 31st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Also, Machida v Rashad UFC 98

War Machida

PS WAR TACO BELL CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCHES W/ CHICKEN FAJITA MEAT

MattJack
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:18 PM
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3146/gina.gif

Ok now that I got yer attention with Gina..

I'm glad Diaz beat Frank Shamrock last Saturday. Anybody catch it? I was in Austin, so I only read what happened :(

By the way, you're welcome for the gif.

Sam
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I saw it, Shamrock was fucking weak and Nick was playing with him the whole time. :(

Dirge
Apr 17th, 2009, 02:50 AM
mmmmmm gina.

here this will help missing fights

http://www.mmatko.com/

Pentegarn
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
So I stumbled into this article this morning while doing my daily news search

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-silva041909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I have to say, I think this statement is a bit unfair though

But the bottom line is this: If Silva is going to be the big star, if he’s going to make the big paycheck, then he has to realize it’s incumbent upon him to put on a show.

I disagree. Silva's one and only job is to win the fight. It doesn't get more "bottom line" than that. You want stars who are responsible for "putting on a show"? Then take it to pro wrestling. Real fights are not always going to be pretty. If the fight stinks because UFC set him up with a man who clearly fears getting hit, then the bad show is their fault. Why do you think Dana White apologized to the fans? This was a fumble caused by a poor choice in pairing. Silva was trying to win, so was Thales Leites. They were both trying to play to their strengths as anyone with a lick of sense would be doing.

MattJack
Apr 20th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I agree. The bottom line is winning your bout. A W is a W no matter how it's obtained. You can easily make a case that Thales was doing some simple BJJ LNP.

If I was a fighter I'd only worry about getting that W. I don't think I'd give two fu*ks what Dana White or some Yahoo! assh*le had to say about it. You may lose a fight if you try being "exciting" or "entertaining" because another guy could catch you on the button while you're swinging for the fence. So stupid.

Writers cry about Machida in the same manner. They say he's boring/not star power/etc etc, but look at Machida after every fight! He doesn't have a scratch on him, and he has a W on his record. MMA is suppose to be about various styles and match ups, not a slobber knocker bloodfest.

Dana White needs to step away from the camera. I think he's good for the business in some ways, but he's just a bad face to have for the UFC if they want to continue to grow and become a "real" sport.

Pentegarn
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:39 PM
if they want to continue to grow and become a "real" sport.

That's precisely why I was so upset. It is a real sport, and Kevin Iole is treating it like it's a WWE match of a Kubuki Play or the opening night for Cats. This is a sport where people risk their lives and this egghead with a typewriter (or to modernize that expression, a computer) is bitching up a storm because he wants Mr. Saten or Hulk Hogan or something.

Maybe he should step into the ring himself and show us how to entertain :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 16th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Bobby Lashley whooped someone in 24 seconds because the other guy came to the ring in a luchador mask.

Awesome Burgess Meredith by the way Pentegarn <3

Pentegarn
May 16th, 2009, 06:46 PM

Here's the Lashley beatdown here. It was rather one sided. And by rather, I mean completely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHwIqD3bRPk

Angryhydralisk
May 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'm mainly looking forward to Evans v. Machida and Lesnar v. Mir.

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I was able to catch up on 6 years of MMA with some clipshow yesterday than ran for a few hours.

MattJack
May 20th, 2009, 04:59 AM
I'm stoked for Evans v. Machida as well.

I really want Machida to be the champ.

Angryhydralisk
May 23rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
I'm stoked for Evans v. Machida as well.

I really want Machida to be the champ.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. It'll be satisfying for two reasons....

1. He's definitely a good ground for a new big star in UFC (16-0!), especially with all the walking afterthoughts bumbling around getting killed by Silva. Lesnar was good, but obviously a publicity stunt to get attention.

2. I'm the only one in my circle of friends marking for him. He's been one of my favorites to watch when I saw him put Tito Ortiz flat on his back (HOW!?!?!) and punch the fuck outta him.

Sam
May 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Rooting for Machida here too!

MattJack
May 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Sweet KO last night. Rashad had nothing for Machida. The rest of the card was kind of boring though :\

Machida's Karate ain't nothin to fu*k with it seems.

Sam
May 24th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Didn't almost every fight have a first round ending?

MattJack
May 24th, 2009, 11:41 PM
No not really ):

Sam
May 25th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Okay, only 6 out of 11 :rolleyes

MattJack
May 25th, 2009, 01:26 AM

I was just wanting more I guess.

ITS NEVER GUD ENUFF FER ME

Angryhydralisk
May 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Sweet KO last night. Rashad had nothing for Machida. The rest of the card was kind of boring though :\

Machida's Karate ain't nothin to fu*k with it seems.

That was easily the tensest fight I seen in a while. A minute-and-a-half before the first punch or kick connects? FUCK. And that knockout was just beautiful. Rashad's a fantastic fighter but he still had next to no chance, it seemed.

Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra was a very good fight. Really could've went both ways and it's rare to see two fighters really go back and forth like that. Usually, when they're hit that bad at the start they don't get back up and win.

Easily the best UFC Main Events I seen in a long time.

Pentegarn
Jul 12th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Lesnar won and treated the crowd with the 'double bird' afterward

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-ufcearly071109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sam
Jul 12th, 2009, 04:19 PM
It was sweet when Dan Henderson knocked out Bisping.

MattJack
Jul 12th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hendo/Bisping was my fav fight of the night for sure.

Hendo knocking the dog shi* out of him was sooooo gud. I knew it was going to happen after watching the first round. Bisping kept circling to the left which put him right in front of Hendo's right. Sucker.

I think Lezgnar is playing up being The Heel. I don't think he's really like that because if you catch his post fight interviews he's much more humble. He's going to make everyone hate him and then laugh all the way to the bank.

"Hell I might even get on top of my wife tonight." :lol

I was happy to see Sexyama, GSP, and Hendo win. Mir/Lezgnar didn't matter to me because I don't care for either.

MattJack
Jul 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM
PS

http://i25.tinypic.com/2rmqgpi.gif

http://i27.tinypic.com/282icdj.gif

Sam
Jul 12th, 2009, 05:44 PM
:lol I love the flying down punch/forearm he gets him with right after

MattJack
Jul 12th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Just one for the road :grin

Pentegarn
Jul 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I read he did that as payback for some smack that got talked to him

Angryhydralisk
Jul 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Glad to see Bisping get his ass handed to him....or in this case his JAW.

Pentegarn
Jul 13th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I liked many of the things Shane Carwin had to say in his blog about UFC 100 his upcoming fight at UFC 104 against Cain http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blogs/ufc-100-thoughts

Lately this sport has become extra compelling to me, and honestly I am surprised because I was not on board at first and thought I would not like it

MattJack
Jul 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I think Hendo just said it was payback cause it was the heat of the moment (post fight interview).

If you watch the post fight press conference he says that he was just joking. It's just his job to keep going until the ref stops. I don't really know what I believe to be honest.

Brock has done a good job at making himself the villain. People want his ass to get beat up now. I think his sheer size gives him the advantage. Sure he was a D-1 wrestling champ in 2000, but everyone he fights he out weighs by at least 30 pounds. If he was 215lbs I think he'd get his ass whipped day in and day out.

WhiteRat
Jul 15th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I think his sheer size gives him the advantage. Sure he was a D-1 wrestling champ in 2000, but everyone he fights he out weighs by at least 30 pounds. If he was 215lbs I think he'd get his ass whipped day in and day out.

:rolleyes

MattJack
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:28 PM
You're right. Size never matters in combat sports :rolleyes

WhiteRat
Jul 17th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Tell those sumva bitches they need to gain some weight.

The excuses will never end. I wonder what people will say if Lesnar beats everyone's favorite Russian golden boy.

Pentegarn
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I think the problem is people wanted to see Lesnar go the way of Kimbo Slice, that he hasn't yet has made people very resentful of him.

MattJack
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Tell those sumva bitches they need to gain some weight.

The excuses will never end. I wonder what people will say if Lesnar beats everyone's favorite Russian golden boy.

I'm not blaming Lesnar for his size. The UFC doesn't have a very good HW roster, so I'm not expecting them to make a Super HW division, but that's where Lesnar needs to be imo.

If he fought Fedor(which I think weighs in at 235) he'd have a good chance of beating him since he out weighs him by about 40 pounds or so.

Pentegarn
Jul 18th, 2009, 10:01 AM
You have to admit if Lesnar wasn't somewhat quick for his size himself, or as well trained as he has been, he would be smoked in any division. I don't think it is just his size that is making him win, it is his training and speed as well.

MattJack
Jul 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM
For sure. He's a freak of nature.

Pentegarn
Jul 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Imagine if he spent those years pre MMA (the WWE and NFL ones I mean) in MMA. He'd probably be 20-2 or something and have a few titles. The name recognition is nice but the WWE past hurts him in the eyes of some fans.

I found this blog's point about it very telling http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-lesnar071709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"In Round 2, as Lesnar had Mir on the ground and was punching his face in less than 30 seconds before the fight was over, there was a loud chant aimed at referee Herb Dean of “stand them up.”

This was a first in UFC history. Not the chant itself, but it being done when a fighter was pummeling the other and actually seconds away from winning. It was the first time a crowd hated a fighter so much that they were willing to pervert the entire framework of what the sport is supposed to be – that a fighter should do what he can to finish a fight – simply because they wanted that fighter to lose so badly."

It seems sad, and a bit hypocritical, that there are fans that want this and do not realize that if they get their way they set a precedent that would undermine what the MMA is supposed to be all about. We already have a sport where people are forced to stand up and beat each other. It's called boxing.

MattJack
Jul 18th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah if he would have never been in the WWE then I think fans would like him a bit more. Unfortunately I think fans automatically hold that against him. Doesn't hurt that he comes off as an incredible dick too.

As for the blog I think it was that the fans don't like Brock and from their vantage point they probably just saw him laying on Mir. Even if Herb would have made them stand up I don't think the fight would have ended differently. Also it was the last fight of the super hyped UFC 100. People wanted to see another Hendo/Bisping finish and not a TKO like that.

Pentegarn
Aug 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-silvagriffin080509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Should be interesting. I wonder though how much speed Silva will lose for going up a weight class to make this fight happen?

MattJack
Aug 8th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Silva is going to beat the hell out of Forrest. Silva's fought at 205 before, so it isn't a big deal really. I think he walks around at about 205-215 anyway. Forrest is going to have to lay on him and put him on the ground to win.

BJ is going to kill KenFlo too imo.

Should be interesting.

Pentegarn
Aug 9th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Silva is going to beat the hell out of Forrest. Silva's fought at 205 before, so it isn't a big deal really. I think he walks around at about 205-215 anyway. Forrest is going to have to lay on him and put him on the ground to win.

BJ is going to kill KenFlo too imo.

Should be interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-silva080909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Good call

MattJack
Aug 9th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Wow. Just wow.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3562/silvagriffin3.gif
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8728/silvagriffin3s.gif

Sam
Aug 9th, 2009, 11:22 PM
:lol so sick

MattJack
Aug 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM
RUN FORREST RUN!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m258/Wotan1105/runforrest.gif

Pentegarn
Aug 16th, 2009, 08:45 AM
OK now that I watched that the whole way through it made me LOL

Sam
Aug 16th, 2009, 01:40 PM
My poor Gina :tear

MattJack
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:49 AM
well she's still beautiful :D

Pentegarn
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:42 PM
well she's still beautiful :D

That, and she'll eventually get the rematch, it was a rather controversial ending seeing as they could have let her be saved by the bell for that round.

Jason Voorhees
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Cant wait for the Lesnar/Carwin fight...

MattJack
Aug 28th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Well hopefully it'll be better than Mir/Lezgnar. At least Carwin won't be outweighed by 50lbs like Mir.

Carwin doesn't have that much exp though(not saying that Lezgnar does), but he does have heavy hands. I'm giving Lezgnar the edge in this one.

Pentegarn
Aug 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Back on track please. MattJack, how bout some info on the next big UFC PPV

EDIT: This message was for a spammer who's messages have been mostly erased

MattJack
Aug 29th, 2009, 11:07 PM
It's tonight. I'm not very hyped for it. Couture V Nog. I think Couture is going to pull this one out in the 3rd if he can't manage to knock out Nog by then, but idk.

I'm not really too interested to see Vera, Leben, or Jake Rosholt fight tbh.

In other news, here's the latest thing Fedor has done since the Affliction implosion:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQy8NSCZw-8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQy8NSCZw-8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's just an exhibition match, aka pretty much a glorified wrasstlin match, so I not advise watching this while driving or operating heavy machinery.

MattJack
Aug 31st, 2009, 03:24 AM
Well I botched that prediction

Pentegarn
Aug 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Can't win em all I suppose. You'll get it right next time though

MattJack
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Nog just has been looking so bad with his past couple of fights that I thought he was done. Plus I like Randy a good bit, so it clouded my judgment. Still, that was a really good fight.

Pentegarn
Oct 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
So Lesnar just dropped from his next match, says he's been sick for 3 and a half weeks and he can't shake it. Hope he is seeing a doctor for it

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-lesnar102609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

MattJack
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPx-g5MQh8s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPx-g5MQh8s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pat Berry, an up and coming HW in the UFC who got FotN and KotN at the last UFC, doing his impression of The Techno Viking.

I got a pretty good laugh at this shi*.

MattJack
Nov 11th, 2009, 10:19 PM
For those who missed last Saturday:

http://thegarv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/arkhamasylum_fedor.gif

Pentegarn
Nov 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I like how the head splattering on the camera made such a tiny blot :lol

Pentegarn
Jan 11th, 2010, 03:14 AM
I am bumping this to remind us that even though boxing now officially sucks, we'll always have MMA

Angryhydralisk
Jan 12th, 2010, 01:02 AM
I am bumping this to remind us that even though boxing now officially sucks, we'll always have MMA

I'm sure you'll laugh at this article, then. :lol

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/17/952933/floyd-mayweather-trashes-mma-on

"MMA is for beer drinkers, but boxing is for everyone!"....Isn't EVERYONE a beer drinker!?

Pentegarn
Jan 12th, 2010, 02:08 AM
It is rather funny that he trashes the MMA and then helps kill boxing :lol

MattJack
Jan 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Boxing is dying and their hxc fans are mad. That's all. I would be mad too if the sport I loved got booty butt fuck*d from every which way.

Angryhydralisk
Jan 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I hear Brock Lesnar's gonna fight the winner of Shane Carwin vs. Frank Mir. Haven't really seen Carwin fight but if there's a Mir v. Lesnar III I'm gonna laugh.

Pentegarn
Jan 26th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Boxing is dying and their hxc fans are mad. That's all. I would be mad too if the sport I loved got booty butt fuck*d from every which way.

But Dana White would never allow what happened to boxing to happen to MMA

Pentegarn
Jan 31st, 2010, 08:04 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-herschelwins013010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Herschel Walker won, but what struck the loudest note to me was his rookie opponent lost thus likely ending his own hopes of being a success by losing to someone so much older than him.

I notice Bobby Lashley is going at a much slower pace than Brock Lesner. He is five fights in and from what I have read elsewhere really wants to have as many matches under his belt as he can get before he thinks of going after titles.

WhiteRat
Jan 31st, 2010, 03:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-herschelwins013010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Herschel Walker won, but what struck the loudest note to me was his rookie opponent lost thus likely ending his own hopes of being a success by losing to someone so much older than him.

Still the worst trade ever.

MattJack
May 2nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
Lyoto v. Shogun coming up on Saturday.

I got some money on Lyoto. I think he's gonna adjust his game plan and take Shogun out. I'm actually looking forward to this UFC because Lyoto is one of my favorite fighters.

Angryhydralisk
May 11th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Lyoto v. Shogun coming up on Saturday.

I got some money on Lyoto. I think he's gonna adjust his game plan and take Shogun out. I'm actually looking forward to this UFC because Lyoto is one of my favorite fighters.

Escept for that and the Koscheck v. Daley fight, that PPV wasn't so good.

Well, except the fighter who looked like Freddie Mercury on roids :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 11th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Well, except the fighter who looked like Freddie Mercury on roids :lol

Wow, I want to see that. Do you know his name?

MattJack
May 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
This UFC broke my heart ;_ ;

Koshcheck v. Daley played out how I thought it would. Snoreeee

MattJack
May 14th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Wow, I want to see that. Do you know his name?

lol Tom Lawlor?

He's been doing MMA with a wrasslin' twist. Check him out.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDK4-4kdrJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDK4-4kdrJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pentegarn
Jul 22nd, 2010, 07:06 AM
Make your night terrors tap out!

http://theworldsbestever.com/2010/05/20/put-your-kid-in-the-cage/

Pentegarn
Aug 10th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Looking for your input MattJack

Silva v. Sonnen

I don't think much of either of these guys as human beings. But I will say this, Sonnen, despite his 11th hour loss, showed he can hang with the big boys and showed that his smack he has been talking was not empty. I admit I look forward to what he will do next. He is a guy you both love to hate, and hate to love.

MattJack
Aug 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I thought the fight was awesome. It wasn't what I had expected by any means. I thought Silva was going to murder Sonnen, but obviously that wasn't the case. Silva had a fractured rib during the fight, so I don't know how much that played into Sonnen's domination.

I don't think that Sonnen could do that again to Andy if they have a rematch. Andy won't have a fractured rib and he'll work on his wrestling. Sonnen has been finished by a triangle like five or six times I believe, so it was really sad to see him still not be prepared for that move. He had his arm in the worst spot for most of the latter part of the fight. To be honest, I thought the submission would happen sooner than it did.

All in all it was an awesome fight! Sonnen will continue to be a wild card, but I don't think we'll hear a lot from him. He's a wrestler with no finishing skills.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:22 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20081212082425_2430b.JPG

I finally got around to checking out Lawlor. He looks ridiculous enough.

Pentegarn
Nov 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM
So some people were angry over the televised recent event because one fight was over in 1:04. (I missed it, didn't even know about it, but I did hear about the fallout.)

Dana White told the people complaining to "Shut up"

And I have to agree with him, for one, the event was not a PPV. For another, some fights are going to be one sided, and they should be because it legitimizes the sport. Some matches are just one sided. No complaints here.